Players Or Traitors Who Reveal Other Team Member Position In Game.

124 replies to this topic

#1 William Warriors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 283 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

I have experience a few times, with idiots, traitors or betrayers, who had revealed other team members positions when I, or a few of the other team members are the last few still standing while they were killed earlier.

I can't name names because of the code of conduct, but I can give them through private messaging.

I have zero tolerance for such act, and I have a list of names so in the next game when they play together with me, I will following them around and returned the same favor, and if they shoot me, I have a reason to end their fun early.

I am seeking strategies from forum members as to how this can be deal with, since reporting them is a waste of time.

Pity the way of the clan is not possible, I will challenge these dishonorable traitors to a trial of grievance, if PGI ever make 1 vs 1 death match possible, and post the result from the match on youtube.

Edited by William Conrad, 24 February 2013 - 08:55 PM.

#2 Kaspirikay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

Theyre lame *** naabs

#3 OuttaAmmo NoWai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 229 posts
  • LocationNot at a macbook

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

If our last man is a D/C or an AFK - I'm giving away his position.
If he's an ***** who's alpha striking out of effective range - I'm giving away his position.
If he runs into buildings and can't hit mechs with a medium laser - I'm giving away his position.
If the entire team is dead and he doesn't have a scratch on him - You'd best believe I'm giving away his position.

#4 Kaspirikay

• Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

This is why they should seperate dead chat from live.

#5 Blaze32

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 428 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

View PostOuttaAmmo NoWai, on 24 February 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

If he's an ***** who's alpha striking out of effective range - I'm giving away his position.
If he runs into buildings and can't hit mechs with a medium laser - I'm giving away his position.
If the entire team is dead and he doesn't have a scratch on him - You'd best believe I'm giving away his position.

+1
exactly i would do the same thing and have before seing this.
(but only if the person is afk/disconected or really crappy players)

Edited by Blaze32, 24 February 2013 - 09:03 PM.

#6 Hades Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

agree,

or if he runs off to a corner and power down to avoid getting a death to name also and there still more than 5 mins left in the name i'm giving away his position, more so if he's not damaged also

#7 OuttaAmmo NoWai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

View PostBlaze32, on 24 February 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

+1
exactly i would do the same thing and have before seing this.
(but only if the person is afk/disconected or sever crap at playing)

I'm not watching a mech get shoddily piloted by a lost toddler for 5 minutes while the timers run out on Alpine. I've got places to be, baby.

#8 William Warriors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 283 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

First one I agree, second maybe.. he might be testing his weapons.. so beware, three I agree but you don't know that, four he may just go for the cap. Remember, there is a difference between a real coward and with those who retreat from a situation and use their heads to win against superior odds.

#9 Kaspirikay

• Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

This behaviour makes for a very toxic community that alienates new players. If you guys played DotA before, you'd know this.

#10 William Warriors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 283 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

View PostOuttaAmmo NoWai, on 24 February 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

I'm not watching a mech get shoddily piloted by a lost toddler for 5 minutes while the timers run out on Alpine. I've got places to be, baby.

You can always quit the match if one die early in the game.. spoiling someone fun, that has no honor.

#11 OuttaAmmo NoWai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

View PostKaspirikay, on 24 February 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

This behaviour makes for a very toxic community that alienates new players. If you guys played DotA before, you'd know this.

DotA 2 is 74% troll Russians who get your courier killed and place wards wrong and feed and don't last hit and fgdhgkldfhkjfdlfgdlh

If you've played DotA 2 before, you'd know this.

#12 p00k

• 1,661 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

on a side note, giving away their position is also considered griefing and is a reportable offense

#13 Super Mono

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

They should go out and try fighting instead of running and shutting down and wasting everyone's time. if you're upset that someone gave away your position to get the game over with then actually try fighting and supporting your team and you might end up winning more.

#14 OuttaAmmo NoWai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

View PostWilliam Conrad, on 24 February 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

You can always quit the match if one die early in the game.. spoiling someone fun, that has no honor.

I drop in premades. Our 4 guys want to see their scores, want to use the same mechs for another match, want to move on, want their c-bills......
It's simply speeding up the inevitable.

And no, I don't worry about honor in a sci-fi video game where I play as a mercenary.

#15 Super Mono

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

View Postp00k, on 24 February 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

on a side note, giving away their position is also considered griefing and is a reportable offense

Not supporting your team in a team game should be considered a reportable offense.

#16 Kaspirikay

• Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

View PostOuttaAmmo NoWai, on 24 February 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

DotA 2 is 74% troll Russians who get your courier killed and place wards wrong and feed and don't last hit and fgdhgkldfhkjfdlfgdlh

If you've played DotA 2 before, you'd know this.

Trolls will be trolls and russians will be russians. Looks like they got you good there.

#17 Bren McGuire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

Any team member who gives away my position even once for whatever reason will be relentlessly teamkilled in any match I drop with them. Do not screw over your team intentionally when you have the option to quit spectating.

#18 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

just do what I do, screen cap and report them, if they would simply separate dead chat from live chat the problem could be easily solved.

#19 p00k

• 1,661 posts

View PostSuper Mono, on 24 February 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

Not supporting your team in a team game should be considered a reportable offense.

but it isn't. this is, no matter what your personal sense of justice tells you.

we all have that gut reaction of "omg the only reason we lost is because this newb was twiddling his thumbs on the other side of the map, so if i'm dead he should have to die too." however, official stance from pgi is that doing so is considered griefing. i don't make the rules

#20 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

I agree with your first statement.

As for the rest, I'm going to let the opposing force deal with it. Giving someone's position for any reason other than the first makes you an a$$, and more so because you DIED FIRST.

You have the ability to quit the match and not stay around if you don't want to.

Edited by Mystere, 24 February 2013 - 09:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users