Players Or Traitors Who Reveal Other Team Member Position In Game.

124 replies to this topic

#21 Commander Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

View PostOuttaAmmo NoWai, on 24 February 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

I drop in premades. Our 4 guys want to see their scores, want to use the same mechs for another match, want to move on, want their c-bills......
It's simply speeding up the inevitable.

And no, I don't worry about honor in a sci-fi video game where I play as a mercenary.

still a reportable offense, no matter what your excuse is.

#22 William Warriors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 283 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

View PostOuttaAmmo NoWai, on 24 February 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

I drop in premades. Our 4 guys want to see their scores, want to use the same mechs for another match, want to move on, want their c-bills......
It's simply speeding up the inevitable.

And no, I don't worry about honor in a sci-fi video game where I play as a mercenary.

You can still get C-bills from quitting after you had gotten killed in battle. Honor and conduct made you respectable, and being a merc, well you know how Kurita and the Clans treat merc... and they shall be treated with the respect like I had mentioned in the first post, if they violate the reason which is the purpose of this topic.

Edited by William Conrad, 24 February 2013 - 09:21 PM.

#23 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

View Postp00k, on 24 February 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

on a side note, giving away their position is also considered griefing and is a reportable offense

as it should be.

#24 Super Mono

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

View PostBren McGuire, on 24 February 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

Any team member who gives away my position even once for whatever reason will be relentlessly teamkilled in any match I drop with them. Do not screw over your team intentionally when you have the option to quit spectating.

Don't kid yourself, you are not benefiting your team in the slightest by running and hiding. Your attitude shows how self-aggrandizing you are.

View Postp00k, on 24 February 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

but it isn't. this is, no matter what your personal sense of justice tells you.

we all have that gut reaction of "omg the only reason we lost is because this newb was twiddling his thumbs on the other side of the map, so if i'm dead he should have to die too." however, official stance from pgi is that doing so is considered griefing. i don't make the rules

My reaction is why is this jerk wasting my time hiding and shutting down, it's of zero benefit to anyone so he should stop it.

#25 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

View PostWilliam Conrad, on 24 February 2013 - 08:53 PM, said:

I have experience a few times, with idiots, traitors or betrayers, who had revealed other team members positions when I, or a few of the other team members are the last few still standing while they were killed earlier.

I can't name names because of the code of conduct, but I can give them through private messaging.

I have zero tolerance for such act, and I have a list of names so in the next game when they play together with me, I will following them around and returned the same favor, and if they shoot me, I have a reason to end their fun early.

I am seeking strategies from forum members as to how this can be deal with, since reporting them is a waste of time.

Pity the way of the clan is not possible, I will challenge these dishonorable traitors to a trial of grievance, if PGI ever make 1 vs 1 death match possible, and post the result from the match on youtube.

We have been plotting to turn you over to the enemy for a very long time now, William. It is too late for you now! Muwahahahahaha! :rolleyes:

#26 William Warriors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 283 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostSuper Mono, on 24 February 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

Not supporting your team in a team game should be considered a reportable offense.

This post is very vague.

Suppose your team mate tried a back stab attack from the back of the attack force, or a distraction cap and If he is the sole survivor where the main force is destroyed. How would you classify him? That has happen to me a few times.

#27 OuttaAmmo NoWai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 229 posts
  • LocationNot at a macbook

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

I've been doing 8-mans mostly, so during those matches I know every member of my team isn't an oxygen thief - but 4-mans? You get PUGs who should stick to Hawken at every level of ELO, it's maddening.

#28 p00k

• 1,661 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

View PostSuper Mono, on 24 February 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

My reaction is why is this jerk wasting my time hiding and shutting down, it's of zero benefit to anyone so he should stop it.

if you look at your keyboard, assuming it's a standard keyboard layout, near the top left corner will be a button that says [Esc]

if you press it, your screen will turn mostly black, but there will be two rectangles near the bottom center of your screen.

one of them will say [Quit Match]
the other will say [Exit Game]

--or maybe it's [exit match] and [quit game], i forget--

click the top one. problem solved.

-----------------
again, regardless of what you feel is right or wrong, or how you would still be alive and victorious if only this other guy was as awesome as you are, the official stance is this: giving away the position of a teammate is considered griefing, and is a reportable offense.

like i said, i don't make the rules, but i try to play by them even when it's frustrating

#29 William Warriors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 283 posts

View PostElizander, on 24 February 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

We have been plotting to turn you over to the enemy for a very long time now, William. It is too late for you now! Muwahahahahaha! :D

Well you are not in my list, but as to the enemy, who? I killed many with my AC20 Cat. It is never too late for me! :rolleyes:

#30 Super Mono

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

View PostWilliam Conrad, on 24 February 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

This post is very vague.

Suppose your team mate tried a back stab attack from the back of the attack force, or a distraction cap and If he is the sole survivor where the main force is destroyed. How would you classify him? That has happen to me a few times.

This is a separate thing, and it's fairy easy to tell when someone is trying or tried and failed at an indirect approach, and when someone is trying to hide to preserve their k/d ratio. People would not throw the game when there's a light chance to pull it off, but if someone's just wasting time they'll want to get the inevitable over with.

#31 darkkterror

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

View PostBren McGuire, on 24 February 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

Any team member who gives away my position even once for whatever reason will be relentlessly teamkilled in any match I drop with them. Do not screw over your team intentionally when you have the option to quit spectating.

People should also not screw over their team intentionally by uselessly drawing out a match that has clearly been lost.

#32 Super Mono

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

View Postp00k, on 24 February 2013 - 09:18 PM, said:

if you look at your keyboard, assuming it's a standard keyboard layout, near the top left corner will be a button that says [Esc]

if you press it, your screen will turn mostly black, but there will be two rectangles near the bottom center of your screen.

one of them will say [Quit Match]
the other will say [Exit Game]

--or maybe it's [exit match] and [quit game], i forget--

click the top one. problem solved.

-----------------
again, regardless of what you feel is right or wrong, or how you would still be alive and victorious if only this other guy was as awesome as you are, the official stance is this: giving away the position of a teammate is considered griefing, and is a reportable offense.

like i said, i don't make the rules, but i try to play by them even when it's frustrating

Then I'm being denied the chance to see my score and compare it to how others in the game did. Why should that be considered less important than someone dragging out the clock to keep their k/d ratio artificially inflated?

#33 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

View PostWilliam Conrad, on 24 February 2013 - 08:53 PM, said:

I have experience a few times, with idiots, traitors or betrayers, who had revealed other team members positions when I, or a few of the other team members are the last few still standing while they were killed earlier.

I can't name names because of the code of conduct, but I can give them through private messaging.

I have zero tolerance for such act, and I have a list of names so in the next game when they play together with me, I will following them around and returned the same favor, and if they shoot me, I have a reason to end their fun early.

I am seeking strategies from forum members as to how this can be deal with, since reporting them is a waste of time.

Pity the way of the clan is not possible, I will challenge these dishonorable traitors to a trial of grievance, if PGI ever make 1 vs 1 death match possible, and post the result from the match on youtube.

Thank you for not Naming and Shaming on the forums, but the Name and Shame policy also applies to use of the MW:O PM system, since it's hosted on the same site and is governed by the same Code of Conduct.. you can't advertise to give away player names over PM like that. Thanks for understanding.

If you want any kind of administrative action to be taken, then you have to report them to support@mwomercs.com

There is nothing anyone on the forums can do about it, there are no ways to block someone's illicit activities because none of us here on the forums has Administrative Privileges in regards to other players' accounts... but Support does! :rolleyes: You may consider it a waste of time to report people to the game staff who have the tools to modify people's account properties... but there's not much we can do about it from behind our keyboards when we're in a match. All you can do is tell that person to stop. That, and report them.

View PostOuttaAmmo NoWai, on 24 February 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

If our last man is a D/C or an AFK - I'm giving away his position.
If he's an ***** who's alpha striking out of effective range - I'm giving away his position.
If he runs into buildings and can't hit mechs with a medium laser - I'm giving away his position.
If the entire team is dead and he doesn't have a scratch on him - You'd best believe I'm giving away his position.

If you perform any of the last 3 actions, you are in violation of the Code of Conduct and can be reported to Support for your account to be noted. I would report that in a heartbeat.

#34 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

View PostSuper Mono, on 24 February 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

Don't kid yourself, you are not benefiting your team in the slightest by running and hiding. Your attitude shows how self-aggrandizing you are.

nothing is forcing you to stay in the game after you get blown up.

View Postdarkkterror, on 24 February 2013 - 09:20 PM, said:

People should also not screw over their team intentionally by uselessly drawing out a match that has clearly been lost.

no one is screwing their team over, it's not like your forced to sit there and whatch.

#35 Lindonius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

View PostOuttaAmmo NoWai, on 24 February 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

If the entire team is dead and he doesn't have a scratch on him - You'd best believe I'm giving away his position.

I've seen a few players like this who hide the whole game in their brawler Atlas and then when they're the last one left have a go at the weakened mechs and score 2-3 kills before going down. They boost their K/D at the expense of denying their team an assault mech for the business end of the battle and thus deny the team a victory.

I've had a few of them get rather angsty with me after I've yelled to the opposing team his position, mech model, loadout and fresh status.

#36 p00k

• 1,661 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

View PostSuper Mono, on 24 February 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

Then I'm being denied the chance to see my score and compare it to how others in the game did. Why should that be considered less important than someone dragging out the clock to keep their k/d ratio artificially inflated?

your ability to see your score is as important as some newb's ability to inflate is k/d. which is to say, not important at all. justify it to yourself all you want, but pgi's official stance is that it's griefing

View PostProsperity Park, on 24 February 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

If you perform any of the last 3 actions, you are in violation of the Code of Conduct and can be reported to Support for your account to be noted. I would report that in a heartbeat.

again, this

#37 Super Mono

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

View PostOmni 13, on 24 February 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

nothing is forcing you to stay in the game after you get blown up.

no one is screwing their team over, it's not like your forced to sit there and whatch.

You are screwing your team over. They're denied the option to see the end-of-round screen to see their score and compare it to others in the game, through in action that is only of benefit to you.

#38 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

View Postdarkkterror, on 24 February 2013 - 09:20 PM, said:

If I'm in my Pretty Baby, I will in all probability try to go out in a blaze of glory by attempting to take (and have taken) one or two of the enemy with me.

But if I am in my scout, I'm going to make the enemy team EARN THE LAST KILL. As such, if you do not want to wait until the end, you have been provided a means to do so. But then again, you will never know if I eventually killed them in the end or won by [gasp] capping. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mystere, 24 February 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#39 Super Mono

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

View Postp00k, on 24 February 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

your ability to see your score is as important as some newb's ability to inflate is k/d. which is to say, not important at all. justify it to yourself all you want, but pgi's official stance is that it's griefing

again, this

So 15 people just have to sit there while 1 person ties up everyone's time and server resources?

#40 darkkterror

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

View PostOmni 13, on 24 February 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

My Mech is forced to sit there and watch. I wouldn't care at all about the people that seem to enjoy running around for 10 minutes if my Mech was released when I left.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users