Players Or Traitors Who Reveal Other Team Member Position In Game.

124 replies to this topic

#61 p00k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

View PostDelas Ting Usee, on 24 February 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

Other circumstances are situational...I've always tried communicating via chat first....failing that, and IF and ONLY IF that player powers down; assuming he's the last player, it clearly shows his intention. I'll share his grid position.

Then again if he's badly mauled and the score is tied...and he's powering down to hide - a legitatimate tatic in my book, then I'm keeping my mouth shut.

Like I said, situational.

not according to PGI. if they're afk/dc'd go ahead. otherwise it's griefing, a code of conduct violation, and a reportable offense

#62 Delas Ting Usee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 548 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

View Postp00k, on 24 February 2013 - 10:47 PM, said:

not according to PGI. if they're afk/dc'd go ahead. otherwise it's griefing, a code of conduct violation, and a reportable offense

Maybe the griefting rule needs to be relooked and re-examine.
Even the constituion has amenments.

#63 p00k

• 1,661 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

View PostDelas Ting Usee, on 24 February 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

Maybe the griefting rule needs to be relooked and re-examine.
Even the constituion has amenments.

perhaps, but until it's actually changed, those are still the rules

and i don't think it will be changed, because it's too subjective. aside from being afk/disconnected, it's too subjective on what someone is thinking, why they're doing what they're doing, etc. who's to draw the line on when someone isn't trying hard enough to warrant being betrayed? on principle the only place you can draw the line is where they drew it currently

#64 Tickdoff Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

Posted Image

#65 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

I only will do it for a DC or AFK. Anything else is less than honorable. I do believe that hiding and powering down is a cowardly act, but what do you expect from warriors that don't serve the Dragon? Let their shame be on their own head, i will not lower myself because of them.

#66 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

View Postp00k, on 24 February 2013 - 10:47 PM, said:

I have reported people who have constantly run away from fights, did not contribute to the team and refused to actively engage in the game play. That is also a reportable offense, as was confirmed by the staff. It can be considered griefing. If you think someone is doing it intentionally just report them, there will be (should be) an investigation and if action is needed the mods will handle it.

#67 Delas Ting Usee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 548 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

View Postp00k, on 24 February 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:

perhaps, but until it's actually changed, those are still the rules and i don't think it will be changed, because it's too subjective. aside from being afk/disconnected, it's too subjective on what someone is thinking, why they're doing what they're doing, etc. who's to draw the line on when someone isn't trying hard enough to warrant being betrayed? on principle the only place you can draw the line is where they drew it currently

You're right. It's too subjective.
You do however make a good argument and have managed to sway me.
Think I'll use the esc key more often.
(edit: Grammer)

Edited by Delas Ting Usee, 24 February 2013 - 11:42 PM.

#68 Znail

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

View PostWilliam Conrad, on 24 February 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

You can still get C-bills from quitting after you had gotten killed in battle. Honor and conduct made you respectable, and being a merc, well you know how Kurita and the Clans treat merc... and they shall be treated with the respect like I had mentioned in the first post, if they violate the reason which is the purpose of this topic.

Running around stalling a game is not honorable behavior, so why do you expect anyone to treat you any better?

#69 Mr Mantis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationCouch

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

Haven't seen that since the days of afk and suicide runners. People would be sitting in a constant run against a wall and we would just be sitting there that is when most people would give away their positions. anyone who is stating a non afk is just a terrible person.

#70 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

View PostOmni 13, on 24 February 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

just do what I do, screen cap and report them, if they would simply separate dead chat from live chat the problem could be easily solved.

It give Teamspeak and C3 ,and other Voicechat programms :rolleyes:

#71 William Warriors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 283 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

View PostZnail, on 24 February 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

Running around stalling a game is not honorable behavior, so why do you expect anyone to treat you any better?

So is a suicidal head on rush into enemy position, getting stomped and lose is honorable? This is a question asked without considerable planning.

#72 William Warriors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 283 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:16 AM

Perhaps what this game need is a code of Battlefield conduct, like a set of rules what do and don't, like some kind of Mechwarrior creed or something, like Knight errand and Samurai, perhaps this should be explored in a Topic, what are the best rules of conducts make a player honorable, respected and make every one happy. Should I start this topic?

#73 Jericho917

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

if the last man on my team tries to hide and shutdown to save his K/D ratio i call out his position. he should have fought when he had the chance rather than act like a coward to preserve his "stats".

#74 Delas Ting Usee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 548 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

View PostWilliam Conrad, on 25 February 2013 - 01:16 AM, said:

Perhaps what this game need is a code of Battlefield conduct, like a set of rules what do and don't, like some kind of Mechwarrior creed or something, like Knight errand and Samurai, perhaps this should be explored in a Topic, what are the best rules of conducts make a player honorable, respected and make every one happy. Should I start this topic?

The problem with this is that not everyone will adhere to this 'code of conduct', especially if it's not enforceable.

#75 William Warriors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 283 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

you could have quit instead of watching the game, you still get CBills reward.

#76 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

Nice thread.
Backline hangarounds against "2min palyed and I'm dead" twitchy brawler naps.
Thats what this forum needs ceep going boys.

#77 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

You know what? If I'm undamaged at the end of a match, and running away I fully expect to be ratted out. I don't mind, even if I was out capping points.

That said the better thing the people on my team can do is tell me which enemy is the closest to death and egg me on as I suicidally charge into a pack of 7 enemies to get them some assist credit. Yeah, I'll do it, and I'll enjoy it, and with good intel I may get a couple.

If I'm running away with no damage taken you have my permanent permission to rat me out if you feel the urge.

#78 GhostFacedNinja

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

View PostOuttaAmmo NoWai, on 24 February 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

If our last man is a D/C or an AFK - I'm giving away his position.
If he's an ***** who's alpha striking out of effective range - I'm giving away his position.
If he runs into buildings and can't hit mechs with a medium laser - I'm giving away his position.
If the entire team is dead and he doesn't have a scratch on him - You'd best believe I'm giving away his position.

For the first one definitely. AFK or DC then it's dumb not to.

For all the other three, definitely not. It doesn't matter how badly someone sucks, if they are at the keyboard and playing you have literally no right to impinge on their gaming experience just because you want to get into a new match quicker. If it bothers you that much, exit the match and go in another mech.
That is straight up elitist griefing, and people doing it should be reported and take temporary bans.

#79 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

View PostSuper Mono, on 24 February 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:

So 15 people just have to sit there while 1 person ties up everyone's time and server resources?

Yes. They have every right to play the game to the end as they themselves prefer rather than accomodate someone with no attention span who can't wait a few minutes for the end of the match once they've gotten themselves killed.

Live with it or get reported as per PGI's rules for this game.

#80 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

View Postp00k, on 24 February 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

but it isn't. this is, no matter what your personal sense of justice tells you.

we all have that gut reaction of "omg the only reason we lost is because this newb was twiddling his thumbs on the other side of the map, so if i'm dead he should have to die too." however, official stance from pgi is that doing so is considered griefing. i don't make the rules

so the pilot in the 3L raven i saw at the very start of the game on the old ice map, pug side this weekend, with the 150km 3 medium laser ecm, 2 streak raven wasn't a newbie.

he went to hide in H4 behind where the spawn is so i said in all chat, where i was and said you can find me here with the raven who claims to be waiting in ambush then fires on me in the head trying to teamkill was a newbie? i think not.

Griefing is one thing, before the 1st shot has been fired hiding to avoid the game is another.

Edited by Hades Trooper, 25 February 2013 - 03:42 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users