Players Or Traitors Who Reveal Other Team Member Position In Game.

124 replies to this topic

#101 Garbagecan

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationFace down in a sewer drain somewhere on Outreach

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

Wouldn't it be better to just report the Griefers?

#102 fharoah

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

View PostFrostCollar, on 25 February 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

I almost never do this. If someone wants to go down fighting,I'll never give their location. Even if they're obviously not very good at the game. In fact - especially if that's the case. It's an honorable way to go out and occasionally I've been the last mech or seen the last mech that manages to kill the rest of the enemy and steal victory from the jaws of defeat. That's quite uplifting to see.

However, if the last mech on our team is running into a wall endlessly or obviously AFK in some other way, I'll give the location. Running into a corner on a large map and powering down is despicable cowardice as well.

If the enemy can't find the powered down mech then go cap the base. It isn't like the base is going into hiding also. Play smart pilots and stop whining like my 6 and 4 year old girls.

#103 FrostCollar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, US

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

View Postfharoah, on 27 February 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

If the enemy can't find the powered down mech then go cap the base. It isn't like the base is going into hiding also. Play smart pilots and stop whining like my 6 and 4 year old girls.

Cowards die in shame.

#104 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

You sonsa motherless traitors... I swear to goodness next time one 'o ya scrubz gives away my position... Oh yeah, I know what to do....... Oh yeah, I'll take a death.... right after I chomp this pill 'cos I aint 'no bondsman!

#105 Deamhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 484 posts
  • Location4 Wing Cold Lake

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Does quitting the match after you die, but before it ends, have any sort of consequence? Do you still get your c-bills and xp? I think now you can view your score after you die but before you enter spectate. What I do know for sure is that your mech stays in game until the match ends.

Since this game is not pay to play nor is it pay to win, we have just 4 mech bays and a decent number of mechs to choose from. Someone who's only chance to win it for their team is to try and out cap the enemy team or some how beat the remaining mechs single handedly, is actively grieving the members on their team by running and hiding or otherwise dragging out the match when the outcome is inevitable. Especially if they just go off somewhere and shut down, which if they didn't engage the enemy could be classified as simply farming the missions which is also against the rules.

So with that said, so long as the person is trying until the bitter end to win it. All the power to them. It doesn't matter if they are trying to cap on conquest (since the more poinst you end the match with the more xp you get), cap the enemy base on assault, or kill off the rest of the enemy team single handedly, they are playing the game and I applaud them for it. If they are not doing any of those things and is just buying time until the match ends so they can be left alive and protect their precious k/d ratio, I have no patience for.

View PostOmni 13, on 24 February 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

just do what I do, screen cap and report them, if they would simply separate dead chat from live chat the problem could be easily solved.

Not a bad idea. Not a perfect solution but still not a bad idea. It simply takes one person, who is part of a 4man, dead on the opposite team to relay the info broadcasted over dead chat to his buddies on TS.

View PostProsperity Park, on 24 February 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

Thank you for not Naming and Shaming on the forums, but the Name and Shame policy also applies to use of the MW:O PM system, since it's hosted on the same site and is governed by the same Code of Conduct.. you can't advertise to give away player names over PM like that. Thanks for understanding.

If you want any kind of administrative action to be taken, then you have to report them to support@mwomercs.com

There is nothing anyone on the forums can do about it, there are no ways to block someone's illicit activities because none of us here on the forums has Administrative Privileges in regards to other players' accounts... but Support does! :lol: You may consider it a waste of time to report people to the game staff who have the tools to modify people's account properties... but there's not much we can do about it from behind our keyboards when we're in a match. All you can do is tell that person to stop. That, and report them.

If you perform any of the last 3 actions, you are in violation of the Code of Conduct and can be reported to Support for your account to be noted. I would report that in a heartbeat.

"Then I Am Grateful That It Is Not Up to You" -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Edited by Deamhan, 27 February 2013 - 08:29 PM.

#106 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

One scenario (the only time I have intentionally powered down except to break target lock) ...
- Frozen City, Conquest, Last man on a team in a beat up Jenner, we're down on points (but gaining).
- I run to their start point (Gamma), drop it from Red to Yellow, and then into the caves and shut down.
- About 15 seconds later, we get the resource win.

My team was chatting to me, telling me to hide.

Anyone whose played with me knows I don't give a crap about my KDR ...
- When it's time to fight, fight.
- If the smart tactical move for the win is to evade, evade.
- If it's a lost cause, with no/little expectation of a win, I'd rather go out in a blaze of glory (unless they bring back R&R, then I might change my mind).

#107 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

View PostOuttaAmmo NoWai, on 24 February 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

If he's an ***** who's alpha striking out of effective range - I'm giving away his position.
If he runs into buildings and can't hit mechs with a medium laser - I'm giving away his position.
If the entire team is dead and he doesn't have a scratch on him - You'd best believe I'm giving away his position.

Wow...I'd hate to be a brand-new player trying to learn the game around here.

Edited by Rebas Kradd, 27 February 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#108 Steven Dixon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 621 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

View PostWilliam Conrad, on 24 February 2013 - 08:53 PM, said:

I have experience a few times, with idiots, traitors or betrayers, who had revealed other team members positions when I, or a few of the other team members are the last few still standing while they were killed earlier.

I can't name names because of the code of conduct, but I can give them through private messaging.

I have zero tolerance for such act, and I have a list of names so in the next game when they play together with me, I will following them around and returned the same favor, and if they shoot me, I have a reason to end their fun early.

I am seeking strategies from forum members as to how this can be deal with, since reporting them is a waste of time.

Pity the way of the clan is not possible, I will challenge these dishonorable traitors to a trial of grievance, if PGI ever make 1 vs 1 death match possible, and post the result from the match on youtube.

I've personally never seen this, I have once or twice seen people call out a teammate if they are powered down and the last one in the match. But I have no doubt that their are people out their that do this kind of thing however I don't think its exactly a crisis.

Best thing to do is report it to support (which admittedly probably won't do anything) and let it go. Getting angry over it punishes you more than anyone else. Doing the same thing to that player won't cause him to regret his unkind actions and stop doing it, it will probably just create drama and ruin the match for the rest of your teammates who are innocent (and who will probably blame you).

If you feel it needs to be addressed if you play with him again, ask him why he did it, he might have a reason you didn't expect (perhaps he misunderstood what you were doing) and let him know that you didn't appreciate it. He might just be a jerk, there's not much you can do about that. I really do hate to be preachy but revenge rarely accomplishes what we wish it to, people only have the power over you that you let them have.

#109 BlackSquirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 873 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

If you're avoiding combat to run out the clock or power down i'm reporting you for being a little *****... Hurry up and die or quit if one loss is that big a deal to you. You're wasting others time....and mechs.

If the big scary threat of "I'll TK you on the spot next game." is going to dissuade me or others think again, because you're ******* your self over even more.... And actually betraying your team.

So your reproach makes even less sense.

(This only applies to the "last man" running away kinda scenario)

#110 Cest7

• Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

I've accidentally talked in all instead of team when planning our attack....

#111 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostDeamhan, on 27 February 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

Does quitting the match after you die but before it end have any sort of consequence?

Last I knew, the only consequence is that if your team wins, you don't get a share of salvage. This may have changed, but I haven't seen any notes, and there's not really any way to tell, since you didn't see the end-of-match for the breakdown.

But if you've got your head far enough up your arse to ***** that the last guy is wasting your time by winning.... there's really no hope for you.

#112 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

I report position, if it is the last one alive, and they are afk. Or, one time on alpine, an atlas driver set to full throttle walking into a hill-afk. otherwise i try to see what the last man standing is up to, and use team chat to help him out.

Of all the stupid crap that happens with ping, net connections and whatnot, nothing ticks me off more then AFK atlas both hurting my team by not contibuting his 100 tons, and then standing there while we have to sit and wait for the other team to come blat him at home base. So yeah, AFK means you get reported.

Heck, I even tell the other team to leg them for more salvage.

Otherwise, you are a dingus if you report someone that is trying to do, well, anything.

#113 mechymike

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

what is this thread about? the way i see it, if you are the last person alive and haven't been in the fight, you DESERVE to instantly get gibbed... no matter how good of an ambush spot you have, you are not going to steamroll the enemy if you are the type of player that sits back the entire game until you're the last one standing.

people playing the game are with their team, you speak of team game its reportable for giving away position, how about in a team game its reportable for not playing with the team and being the last one left hiding like a *****?

Edited by mechymike, 27 February 2013 - 09:27 PM.

#114 mechymike

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 27 February 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

Wow...I'd hate to be a brand-new player trying to learn the game around here.

as if there are any brand new players sticking around once they see how much of a grind it is to even be able to customize a mech. (which is the bread and butter of MW games) or see the cash price for a mech.
not to mention the effect the current ECM storm would have on a new player

Edited by mechymike, 27 February 2013 - 09:25 PM.

#115 Xandre Blackheart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationIn the "cockpit".

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

If you're powered down and not moving, I can only assume you're afk. Unless of course you're that particular kind of twit who powers down in an unreachable spot and taunts the enemy team in chat, which seems more like griefing to me than any other of the listed scenarios.

#116 Xandre Blackheart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationIn the "cockpit".

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Oh and :

Away From Keyboard Abuse
If a player has joined a match, they must have launched the game with intent to play. Players who are not moving, or are otherwise not participating in the spirit of the game, fall under this category. While we all understand the call of nature: Repeated abuse of this behaviour, similarly to 'Mech Suicide and Team Killing, results in an unfair advantage for the enemy teams, and is thus not considered acceptable use. Please keep in mind that idling on your cap point without armour or moving does not constitute a form of tactical "Base Defense".

So really shutting down and sitting is a reportable offense also if you keep doing it.

#117 Walk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

View PostHades Trooper, on 24 February 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

agree,

or if he runs off to a corner and power down to avoid getting a death to name also and there still more than 5 mins left in the name i'm giving away his position, more so if he's not damaged also

Seriously? **** people like you. I had a game where I had both my torso's blown off in a Stalker, aka NO WEAPONS, so I hid in the tunnels because the enemy was capping anyway and my entire team was dead. Some douchebag decides to give away my position and they all stop capping to come and kill me, who obviously couldn't get away because I'm a ****** stalker. SO yea, not only did that game take LONGER, but I got a needless death all because some fuckwad was a fuckwad.

Oh yea, forgot to mention, I was top as far as both damage and kills were concerned, with about 500 damage and 3 kills before I lost my last weapon and decided to g-t-f-o.

Edited by Walk, 27 February 2013 - 09:43 PM.

#118 Deamhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 484 posts
  • Location4 Wing Cold Lake

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 27 February 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

Last I knew, the only consequence is that if your team wins, you don't get a share of salvage. This may have changed, but I haven't seen any notes, and there's not really any way to tell, since you didn't see the end-of-match for the breakdown.

But if you've got your head far enough up your arse to ***** that the last guy is wasting your time by winning.... there's really no hope for you.

Or you can go blow yourself and try reading the post with some comprehension. Pay particular attention to the third paragraph. The person is grieving is team mates by locking their mechs into a match with no hope of winning because the person isn't trying to win. Instead the person is trying protect their precious K/D ratio by waiting for the other team to win. Staying alive because we are winning with points on conquest falls under the bold and underlines part of....

"It doesn't matter if they are trying to cap on conquest (since the more poinst you end the match with the more xp you get), cap the enemy base on assault, or kill off the rest of the enemy team single handedly, they are playing the game and I applaud them for it."

Edited by Deamhan, 27 February 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#119 William Warriors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 283 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

View PostSteven Dixon, on 27 February 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

I've personally never seen this, I have once or twice seen people call out a teammate if they are powered down and the last one in the match. But I have no doubt that their are people out their that do this kind of thing however I don't think its exactly a crisis.

Best thing to do is report it to support (which admittedly probably won't do anything) and let it go. Getting angry over it punishes you more than anyone else. Doing the same thing to that player won't cause him to regret his unkind actions and stop doing it, it will probably just create drama and ruin the match for the rest of your teammates who are innocent (and who will probably blame you).

If you feel it needs to be addressed if you play with him again, ask him why he did it, he might have a reason you didn't expect (perhaps he misunderstood what you were doing) and let him know that you didn't appreciate it. He might just be a jerk, there's not much you can do about that. I really do hate to be preachy but revenge rarely accomplishes what we wish it to, people only have the power over you that you let them have.

Well, usually the case was that the player is unhappy for being killed in the game early. In most cases, my mech is heavily damage, out of ammo, the last thing I was trying to do was to cap the enemy base being the last survivor.

The last time I remember it was the Alpine map, same story, trying to reach the cap when some one revealed me.

Previous was in the artic map with the drop ship, trying to cap, some one reveal me, and the Atlas got me.

Telling them to stop, they ignore all messages. And that made me hopping mad.

#120 Shismar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

I don't tolerate cowards. You either die fighting or suicide. If not, I'll tell the enemy where to help you with that. Always.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users