Building The Ultimate Ddc Brawler

100 replies to this topic

#81 Royalewithcheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

Glad you had the chance to experiment!

Yeah, I agree it still comes down to personal preference - definitely 3xSRM6, no Artemis is a great facehug SRM loadout ;)

Edited by Royalewithcheese, 05 March 2013 - 08:52 PM.

#82 I am

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

Yes my best build does not exactly match anyones though, and I think players would gasp at my commitment to heat displacement, but I never have to stop firing and it just seems to work so well for me.

Although I have one "ultimate brawler build" I created another today that I like as well (chronic tinkerer), almost just as well, which again matches no one's builds completely. Version 2, takes some inspirations from Snipers build, sans the LBX's.

One thing I have been back and forth on though is my ballistic. Gauss, or Ac20. For me they both seem to last as long when toe to toe though one has alot less hps. I like the gauss, but find im more accurate with the ac20. I played the Ac20 alot more, and got used to its velocity. Also I love the AC20's sound when it fires, and detest the Gauss sound. On the other hand, I like the gauss heat displacement, but everyone says its bad for the front line, especially side torso. I like its 7 slot size too, allowing for 1 more DHS, weight permitting.

The question is this, why is my ac20 and gauss, front line, lasting about equally long? My guess is due to the ac20s size it gets critical hit more. Sniper may have a thought on this (hope he does). Also the gauss fire rate is great, so I think it wins on DPS statistically. Ac20 however, I seem more accurate with, I dont like loose 400 + meter shots because I carry short ammo supplies 2-4 tons, so I use my gauss like it was an ac20, liberally firing around 400 meters or less. Also, usually I lose the ballistic not because it got destroyed, but rather because the right torso got blasted off all together, there by negating their hp difference.

Thoughts?

P.S. I saw a guy do amazing today in what appeared to me to be a bad build (based on what I have learned in this thread), until I saw him using it. 2 PPCs, 2 ac2s, and 3 ssrms. Maybe he was just great, or maybe I had chewed them all down so he had a relatively easy cleanup. Basicly I punched a big hole in 4 mechs, killing one, and died to the others + Long Range Missle fire, and he swooped in for an epic cleanup. I hurt them all but was not trying to. When possible I focus fire. Rather, they did a good job of sharing damage, so I dished out alot of pain, but only took one with me when I died.

Edited by I am, 05 March 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#83 SniperCzar

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

I think it's just the fact that the Gauss doesn't draw as much attention as it should. As long as you're not running a stock Atlas K with a Gauss stacked over an XL engine, the AC20 is going to draw a lot more hate.

That bad build you saw reminds me a lot of my Awesome 8R build, 2 PPCs, 4 SSRMs, MPL for defense. If you can get into range it can fire for ages before it overheats and has a very very good psychological effect in terms of constant cockpit shake. It also tends to get ignored, the assaults don't want to run at the PPCs and the lights don't want to scrap with the streakboat.

#84 I am

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

View PostSniperCzar, on 05 March 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

I think it's just the fact that the Gauss doesn't draw as much attention as it should. As long as you're not running a stock Atlas K with a Gauss stacked over an XL engine, the AC20 is going to draw a lot more hate.

That bad build you saw reminds me a lot of my Awesome 8R build, 2 PPCs, 4 SSRMs, MPL for defense. If you can get into range it can fire for ages before it overheats and has a very very good psychological effect in terms of constant cockpit shake. It also tends to get ignored, the assaults don't want to run at the PPCs and the lights don't want to scrap with the streakboat.

Well he certainly shredded the raven I had hurt with 3 ssrms, then using the ac2s blinded the awesome as he finished him off. The third a medium, also hurt badly, tried to run and he made it 100 meters before he PPC'd him for the last kill, giving him ac2 and ssrm fire as he ran.

As to the gauss, I can see that. People hear Ac20, and they say oh my 20 dmg per pop, and focus the right torso perhaps? The Gauss however, hits faster, but hits seems to not be felt as much in terms of screen shake maybe?. In the end its hitting more often. My problem is so many say, gauss up front is bad bad bad, that I feel like my brawler build having the gauss up front, at 5 meters, is totally wrong. Panda for example, he's hands over feet better than me, and his build includes the ac20. I couldnt possibly be right, if he does not agree I tell myself.

Panda, help me out with this if you catch this post.

Edited by I am, 05 March 2013 - 10:03 PM.

#85 p00k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:02 AM

hardly. i hunt gauss rifles in atlas RTs, you get a free +20 damage more often than not, which helps you take out a potentially big chunk of firepower between the gauss and whatevers on that right arm.

#86 Coltaine

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 55 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:02 AM

Another point for the AC/20 is that the projectiles are slower than the Gauss. So it's easier for me to use it in combination with my SRM6(Artemis) launchers because the rockets and projectiles are closer together when it comes to travel speed. With a fast projectile like the Gauss it is harder to aim both weapons because you have to change the alignment for each weapon to hit a moving target.
Maybe it's just me but I get better hits with the SRM AC/20 combination.

#87 I am

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:19 AM

View PostRoyalewithcheese, on 05 March 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

Glad you had the chance to experiment!

Yeah, I agree it still comes down to personal preference - definitely 3xSRM6, no Artemis is a great facehug SRM loadout :D

My best build, and new other really good build melted into one another last night, producing variations of each. I think I am back to not sure which is best. Not sure. Sometimes you just get bamboozled and it wasnt your build, you just got out thought/out played.

Am sticking with my 3x srm6 without artemis position. Also, sticking with the 350STD, that little speed boost really makes it such a treat to drive, and many times an opponent will try to circle me to negate my loadout entirely. I do much better at preventing that with the 350. Also, since I use Endo, the 4 engine slots are a huge plus. Finding my options for builds are limited at times by slots.

Thats what I know. What I dont know is a much longer list.

ML vs MPL vs LL (leaning away from ML, I am ending up with available weight, but no slots on version A, so the MPL seem the better choice, plus they feel a little cooler to fire, like the ac20, just a cooler sound. The LL are vexing me. I love them, but they limit my other options alot. At one point to make them work, while desiring a decent ammo loadout, I went 2 x srm6+artemis, 2 LL, and the ac20. I liked that build alot but kept saying, I should have 3 srm6 this is wrong. Worked well though. Anyways that was all to keep the LL's. They let me peck at distance and I feel they do great up close too versus circling fasties. With an ac20 I lead and fire. Ideally the round lands and they catchup to the LL beam which I then follow on them for added damage. Then I try a leading SRM blast, and sometimes, can kill a light with those 2 vollies alone. Sometimes I can never finish them. So in sum, the 2MPL seem to benefit me over the 2LL due to better ammo loads for the ballistic and SRMs, but the LLs arnt bad either and make me more versatile. I LL at 200+, all the way out to 600-700, as I close distance when it is opportune. I am back and forth here. I wish I had more trigger discipline, I'd probably lean towards the LLs.) Funny side note, due to OCDish nature, must have the same laser type on each arm. I just cant do 1 LL+1 ML, or 1ML+1MPL. My head would explode. Wonder if anyone would support 1LL over 2MPL/2ML? Again it would bug me regarding OCD, but it would give me that versatility at distance. Just wonder if 1 LL is worth it. My own experience says no, but could use some input.)

AC20 vs Gauss (inherently better with ac20, but gauss has so many benefits, weight, dps, more ammo per ton, and seems to last as long. The ac20 has benefits too dont get me wrong. 20 dmg to one spot, it seems to be my killshot when I carry it, quite often. Its a nice compliment to LLs as I close in, and is more of the lead weapon when using the MPLs.)

View Postp00k, on 06 March 2013 - 01:02 AM, said:

hardly. i hunt gauss rifles in atlas RTs, you get a free +20 damage more often than not, which helps you take out a potentially big chunk of firepower between the gauss and whatevers on that right arm.

This is another issue, maybe my testing method is bad, as in some random matches im vsing good, and at other times bad players. Hard to know, but sometimes I get schooled, and my super great run might have been a series matches vsing low elo opponents. I say they last the same amount of time, but perhaps vs you p00k Id want to favor the ac20? Can you expand on this some, 20 damage? Seems you know alot more about this than I do.

Armor, very situational. I tend to favor armor distribution like Panda's. However, at times shaving the legs, and or arms seems like a great way to get a ton or 2. Sometimes I have taken the armor pretty low, low 400s for weight. At worst it was 415ish when I had 2 LL, 3 SRM6, and the Gauss. I dont mind shaving the legs or arms as long as I control where I fight. Problem is, where I fight isnt always under my control. One time a LRM volley, my fault, nailed me and blew my leg Gauss ammo in one volley. After that I took some ammo off and added more weight to the legs. It only happened once, but it did happen. On one of the versions I use almost all tonnage for armor, due to a lack of slots preventing me from using it in other ways. My best version and Best version variant both float in the 500s, one high, one low.

ECM, this thing drives me crazy. Sometimes alpine, omg why didnt I bring it. Im dead here without it, and so dependant on teammates. Other times I do great in it there, ECM or not. I got this idea when a teamamte got made fun of in all chat for not havingit on his DDC on Alpine, then we won, and he had 900+ damage at the end. On the flip side of the coin, sometimes, powering down/running dry on missle/ballistic ammo I say, oh man why did I bring ECM Im brawling and needed more ammo/more cooling. Again like my armor issues, its situational benefits keep me guessing as to whether I want it. My rule of thumb is if I have enough ammo (which I run light on), and my cooling is ok, then I will add it. I put in center torso when I have it, despite Pandas good advice. For me, I hate wasting 1/2 ton on a case and find it better to put my ammo in the legs and arms. Not always possible. My apex build uses it, usually, and my best variant does not, usually. What are your thoughts guys?)

So, overall that is what I have got so far. Any thoughts? Comments? Lot of people to thank so far. Hawkwings your post was the starting pointfor me, and just looking at it minutes ago I am considering giving it another try without the Artemis. Royale, l would like to hear your thoughts on all of this. You helped me alot, hope you have some comments. Sniper yours as well. Panda, absolutely. Please weigh in and feel free to be harsh. :) I know I break some of your advice made in your own detailed thread. I very much respect your opinion and did not care for how you were flamed in that thread. Basically, to every poster in this thread except the flame posters (mainly one guy), thanks for the input. Please dont feel jaded if I didnt mention you by name. I have read every post here, some 10 times. I have considered everything said. I appreciate all your input community.

I am.

Edited by I am, 06 March 2013 - 07:13 AM.

#88 Apnu

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

This is a good point, the enemy is drawn to immediate perceived threats. I frequently survive to the last two or three mechs in a game where I'm going to lose in my HBK-4G(F) with 2 AC5s. Now when I pack a AC10 instead, I die somewhere in the middle of the pack. If I bring the AC20, that thing gets shot out early on in the game. I've seen Atlas's stop brawling to shoot out the AC20, then calmly go back to worrying over the Stalker they were dueling. Its damn eerie to have that happen.

I don't even bother stocking the AC20 on my hunch anymore. And I get a much higher total damage output with the two AC5s.

I'd consider a gauss if it wasn't so fragile. Which is the main reason I only take the gauss when I'm running a long range mech (like my AS7-D), It minimizes the risk of loss of a 15 pt weapon when at range. If someone closes in to brawling range, that GR is the first thing to go. Never mind the pair of LL's I'm spamming for more damage. If I stick a AC10 in there, it lasts a bit longer, not only because of its health, but also I experience less targeting at that location. Its a bit hotter to run on an already hot build tho.

#89 Royalewithcheese

• 2,342 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

I am, I think those all sound like potentially good choices - there's upsides and downsides to everything, and IMO it's pretty hard to make a 100% sure call about which of the 1-2x(Big ballistic gun)/2x(some kind of laser)/3x(SRM Something)/STD 325-350 Atlai is the best one. People in who know a lot more about mech design than I do run all sorts of things in that design space, so IMO a lot of the specifics come down to personal preference :)

Re: AC/20 vs. Gauss, the main issue some ppl have with the Gauss rifle is that it explodes like ammo when it gets hit, and is located in your RT, which is often the first thing ppl target on an Atlas. OTOH, it has a lot of advantages (range/heat/ammo per ton/etc) and people do AFAIK use it on the DDC in competitive, so I wouldn't count it out, either.

Re: ECM, IMO it's such a huge advantage for 1.5 tons that it's hard to not take it. Personally, I put it in my CT (I put the ammo in my feet) but I can see why some people (like MadPanda) put it in the feet to keep it around longer. But AFAIK the DDC was an awesome robot even before ECM, so it's not like it's a requirement.

Edited by Royalewithcheese, 06 March 2013 - 07:57 AM.

#90 Wrenchfarm

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

View PostI am, on 06 March 2013 - 06:19 AM, said:

ECM, this thing drives me crazy. Sometimes alpine, omg why didnt I bring it. Im dead here without it, and so dependant on teammates. Other times I do great in it there, ECM or not. I got this idea when a teamamte got made fun of in all chat for not havingit on his DDC on Alpine, then we won, and he had 900+ damage at the end. On the flip side of the coin, sometimes, powering down/running dry on missle/ballistic ammo I say, oh man why did I bring ECM Im brawling and needed more ammo/more cooling. Again like my armor issues, its situational benefits keep me guessing as to whether I want it. My rule of thumb is if I have enough ammo (which I run light on), and my cooling is ok, then I will add it. I put in center torso when I have it, despite Pandas good advice. For me, I hate wasting 1/2 ton on a case and find it better to put my ammo in the legs and arms. Not always possible. My apex build uses it, usually, and my best variant does not, usually. What are your thoughts guys?)

Glad to see you experimenting and enjoying yourself. Just one thing. ALWAYS bring ECM. It's why you are piloting a D-DC and not any other kind of Atlas or Stalker.

ECM is insanely powerful. Trading it for a heat sink, or a pack of ammo, and a half-ton of armour is nuts. At 1.5 tons it is a STEAL that you should not drop without!

Remember, ECM isn't just great for protecting you from LRMs, it gives your team a rallying point or safe zone they can gather around. You packing ECM attracts your team to move with you as a unit and back each other up, which is absolutely crucial to this game.
--
A few more builds -

I'm sure this build or variations on it has already been posted, but if you're looking to brawl, this is the mech you want. 350STD, AC20, 3xSRM6, a pair of MLAS for backup, near max armour. You can't go wrong.

If you are looking for something different, I also run an LRM set-up I enjoy. Just make sure to still move up. You want to fire within 500m and with line-of-sight if possible. Don't be one of those coward Atlai who waste all their tanking ability hiding at the back of the map.

If you already have Artemis installed, you can make an Art+LRM version of the previous build by dropping BAP, a sink (or ammo pack), and a half ton of armour. Easily done and still (probably more) effective.

#91 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

I found out that 3xSRM6 + 2xLBX10 + 2 ML is best for brawling in an Atlas. You can pump out more damage at point blank range than all the other Atlases. The only mech that can match it`s close range firepower is the Splatpult.
Shooting PPCs and AC20 from 400 meters is not brawling. It`s called medium range. AC20 is the king of medium range. But inside 100 meters double LBX is king.
2xUAC5 is bad for an Atlas. Sure - it has the best DPS, but you are constatnly open to an attack. Remember that atlas has over 50 points of armor on each arm. People using UAC5 only torso twist when their guns jam :-). They often die with their arm and side torso armor intact. Once I won 1vs2 encounter just because both Atlases kept on shooting me while I was torso twisting between salvos. I cored them both and they did not even breach my armor.

Edited by Kmieciu, 06 March 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#92 I am

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

View PostWrenchfarm, on 06 March 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

Glad to see you experimenting and enjoying yourself. Just one thing. ALWAYS bring ECM. It's why you are piloting a D-DC and not any other kind of Atlas or Stalker.

ECM is insanely powerful. Trading it for a heat sink, or a pack of ammo, and a half-ton of armour is nuts. At 1.5 tons it is a STEAL that you should not drop without!

Remember, ECM isn't just great for protecting you from LRMs, it gives your team a rallying point or safe zone they can gather around. You packing ECM attracts your team to move with you as a unit and back each other up, which is absolutely crucial to this game.
--
A few more builds -

I'm sure this build or variations on it has already been posted, but if you're looking to brawl, this is the mech you want. 350STD, AC20, 3xSRM6, a pair of MLAS for backup, near max armour. You can't go wrong.

If you are looking for something different, I also run an LRM set-up I enjoy. Just make sure to still move up. You want to fire within 500m and with line-of-sight if possible. Don't be one of those coward Atlai who waste all their tanking ability hiding at the back of the map.

If you already have Artemis installed, you can make an Art+LRM version of the previous build by dropping BAP, a sink (or ammo pack), and a half ton of armour. Easily done and still (probably more) effective.

Thanks for the post. I made an average of the two today, and am testing it out. It has your build save a few differences. I use 2 MPL and have less ammo, half as much, plus no case. I think you have less DHS's, but maybe are as efficient.

One thing I keep asking but have yet to get an answer on is how to compare the heat index from your link, to the ones in the mech lab. Yours is 42 for example, 42%. Does that mean in the mech lab it would be 1.42? Otherwise the builds are near identical. Mine alphas for 2 more, 77, but I bet that is marginal at best. Thoughts?

I like your "more ammo". I suppose I will have to get cozy with mediums. Of the three I prefer them least but at the same time, being without ammo and having two medium pulse isnt exactly a death bringer either.

The way I play it, I tend to die before I expend all the ammo, so this is how I justify being so ammo shy. Currently runnig 12 ac20 rounds, 200 srm rounds w three srm 6's. My best build has 3 gauss ammo, 3 srm ammo. My variant best has the same I have here, 2 ac20, 2 srm, but trades leg and arm armor for 2 LLs. (low 400s) all taken off of the arms and legs. (This is the WITH ECM versions)

Also I notice you go with a 98 CT front armor, was that something you thought alot about? I play with that number every time I enter the mech lab. Thoughts there on as well, would be appreciated.

Also again, on the point of ECM. Saw a poster saying that before ECM the DDC was the best brawler, and I see alot of people making other Atlas variant brawler builds. Theoretically, isnt it equally as viable as them? The non DDC Atlas brawlers? Yes ECM can help my mates, and that I like, but me powered down is no good either. No better than me out of ammo and firing just 2LL/2MPL. I really have mixed feelings on it. I will test this more. Why I chose the DDC is the third missle slot, more than anything else. ECM was a nice bonus though, when I can spare the tonnage for it. :wub:
  • I have a ECM version of my best build, I prefer it over the non ECM version due to the heat index going from 1.5 to 1.53, and getting 1/2 ton of leg armor more. Not a huge benefit compared to ECM's benefits. That build has 0 slots left to play with. I love this versions non stop fire rate, its the one I won a 3v1 with, not sure those 3 guys were very good though, as they tended to get in each others ways. So on version 1, ECM preferred. BUT
  • My second best build has 2 versions as well and on it, I prefer the non ECM version due to it having only 2 ton ac20 ammo, 2 ton srm ammo with it. I really prefer 3 of each and losing 1/2 ton of leg armor plus dropping the ECM is justifiable for an extra ton of each. I guess the difference is that my 2nd best has 2 LL and not 2 MPL, so its tight on weight. Also, it requires more trigger discipline. It's heat index floats between 1.30 to 1.37 but it Alphas at 83. I got my highest score ever with this one, it was over 900 damage. This is when I decided it was more than a test version, and now cal it my almost as good, second best build.

All in all you give me more to think about, and happy to hear your replies on these points.

Edited by I am, 06 March 2013 - 08:59 AM.

#93 I am

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 06 March 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

<p>
<p>I found out that 3xSRM6 + 2xLBX10 + 2 ML is best for brawling in an Atlas. You can pump out more damage at point blank range than all the other Atlases. The only mech that can match it`s close range firepower is the Splatpult.
<p>
<p><br>
<p>
<p>Shooting PPCs and AC20 from 400 meters is not brawling. It`s called medium range. AC20 is the king of medium range. But inside 100 meters double LBX is king.
<p>
<p><br>
<p>
<p>2xUAC5 is bad for an Atlas. Sure - it has the best DPS, but you are constatnly open to an attack. Remember that atlas has over 50 points of armor on each arm. People using UAC5 only torso twist when their guns jam :-). They often die with their arm and side torso armor intact. Once I won 1vs2 encounter just because both Atlases kept on shooting me while I was torso twisting between salvos. I cored them both and they did not even breach my armor.

Thank you. No way around the fact that I need to retest this config. When I did last, I got mostly Alpine, so I will just try again later today and see where it takes me. (Hopefully a cave, toe to toe) :wub:

#94 I am

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

View PostRoyalewithcheese, on 06 March 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

Re: AC/20 vs. Gauss, the main issue some ppl have with the Gauss rifle is that it explodes like ammo when it gets hit, and is located in your RT, which is often the first thing ppl target on an Atlas. OTOH, it has a lot of advantages (range/heat/ammo per ton/etc) and people do AFAIK use it on the DDC in competitive, so I wouldn't count it out, either.

What is AFAIK?

On a funnier note, I should join a pro 8v8 team to copy their builds maybe.... :wub:

#95 Hellboy561

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, United Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

I have fun with this build

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0330ef08a3eccb8

Yeah its short range but you can fire the AC20 past its 270m range and it is still as effective as a Gauss up to about 400m, and has the advantage of not being made of glass.

#96 Sh4dow78

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

OK here its goes !

u take Atlas DD-C and put on it:

STD280 +11DHS+ES - not too fast but u wont need speed so much, ECM,full armor

ER PPC on his right hand - u can take enemy ECM down, u have nice sniping weapon, u have 10 point dmg - imao better than have 2crap ML or LL :wub:
next is UAC5 +2tons of ammo - explain later :unsure:
u put on him 3xLRM15+artemis+8T ammo
u put a TAG on his left hand

then wonders happens u can engage targets from 1000m effectively using ur 3x15 + ERPPC if u have vision ur artemis will just wreck ANYTHING...
If they charge on U use ur LRM for biggest threat while moving back and hit him with ERPPC and UAC if u in real danger this is a TONS of DMG until they come to 180m just hit whats left from enemy mech with ERPPC and UAC5. This build allow me to kill 2 mechs same time, i fired 2 voleys of lrm on splat cat and switch my missle to enemy awesome when same time i was shoot my UAC and ERPPC to splat i also put LRM to enemy awesome = they both dies and i was able to help my team mate to kill last one.

ur heat efficiency is 1.14 it can run hot but o wont spam all ur weapons at same time with no reason, i am able to play with this on caustic so its not really hard to manage heat.
Posted Image

#97 SniperCzar

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

View PostI am, on 05 March 2013 - 10:00 PM, said:

As to the gauss, I can see that. People hear Ac20, and they say oh my 20 dmg per pop, and focus the right torso perhaps? The Gauss however, hits faster, but hits seems to not be felt as much in terms of screen shake maybe?. In the end its hitting more often. My problem is so many say, gauss up front is bad bad bad, that I feel like my brawler build having the gauss up front, at 5 meters, is totally wrong. Panda for example, he's hands over feet better than me, and his build includes the ac20. I couldnt possibly be right, if he does not agree I tell myself.

Panda, help me out with this if you catch this post.

View Postp00k, on 06 March 2013 - 01:02 AM, said:

I agree, Gauss doesn't draw as much attention as it should. If you ever run into an Atlas who's packing one, exploit the weakness and bomb off one of his arms in the process. A lot of times the Gauss shots will just blend in with the SRMs, and so people will focus on what shakes them more. Not everyone has the presence of mind to keep checking their damage doll or enemy readout in the middle of a brawl, something I tend to take heavy advantage of with a lot of my high alpha builds.

View PostKmieciu, on 06 March 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

I found out that 3xSRM6 + 2xLBX10 + 2 ML is best for brawling in an Atlas. You can pump out more damage at point blank range than all the other Atlases. The only mech that can match it`s close range firepower is the Splatpult.

Shooting PPCs and AC20 from 400 meters is not brawling. It`s called medium range. AC20 is the king of medium range. But inside 100 meters double LBX is king.

2xUAC5 is bad for an Atlas. Sure - it has the best DPS, but you are constatnly open to an attack. Remember that atlas has over 50 points of armor on each arm. People using UAC5 only torso twist when their guns jam :-). They often die with their arm and side torso armor intact. Once I won 1vs2 encounter just because both Atlases kept on shooting me while I was torso twisting between salvos. I cored them both and they did not even breach my armor.

Pretty much this. My thoughts exactly.

For those of you who still think the LB10s are trash, I have some preliminary stats for you. These include an abnormal amount of Alpine and a few crashes/disconnects, so the average should really be closer to 150dmg/game.

LB10-X AC
Matches: 25
Fired: 432
Hit: 373
Accuracy: 86.34
Playtime: 01:34:13
Damage: 3,141

To put that into perspective, my SRM accuracy is only 65% and 6K damage, and the SRMs do 45 damage an alpha vs 20 on the LBXs. Comparing the 2.5s cooldown on the LBXs to the 4s cooldown on the SRMs, that means I'm doing close to as much DPS with the LBXs as I do with the SRMs that are supposed to be the main damage dealers of the build. Gauss DPS is 3.75, AC20 is 5, but dual LBXs are 8DPS.

#98 Sh4dow78

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

dual LBX not sux they are pretty good but:

- its not a POINT dmag like AC20
- u cant use them from 400m dmg like ac20 and even at this distance its hits like a gauss
- they are not very good at full armored enemy coz they spread dmg so u need to come really close to enemy mech = u will be main focus and in most situations u will go down really fast if some ppc boats will hit u

But they are great if u can sneak up to enemy mech give him facehug with ur SRMs and then keep spam dual LBX on his face YUP this make wonders :wub:

#99 Royalewithcheese

• 2,342 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

AFAIK = "as far as I know" :wub:

On the UAC5 question, I do agree that torso twisting is a big disadvantage of that set-up relative to the other big ballistics. However, if you want to torso twist you can always dump a bunch of rounds (2 of them do AC20 damage with one double-tap) and then twist. But yeah, they're much more of a "best defense is good offense" sort of weapons - the sheer damage is great for softening people up with them, focusing enemies down, or forcing people behind cover.

#100 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e0f625449bd62e3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users