Current Implementation Of Queues And Your Vote!

131 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like the current implementation of the 3PV in the game as it stands now? (649 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the current implementation of the game with 3PV in the game as it stands now?

1. NO. (485 votes [74.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 74.16%

2. YES. (88 votes [13.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.46%

3. I'm not sure/undecided. (81 votes [12.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.39%

Do you like 1PV and 3PV queue mixed together as it is now?

1. NO. I would like a seperation of the queues (440 votes [68.01%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 68.01%

2. NO, it needs more work to make it better. (36 votes [5.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

3. Yes, but I would still like a seperation of the queues as 3PV only, 1PV/3PV queue, and 1PV only (Hardcore). (66 votes [10.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.20%

4. Yes, keep it, but it needs some minor tweaking. (46 votes [7.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.11%

5. Yes, keep it AS IS. (50 votes [7.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.73%

6. I'm not sure/undecided. (9 votes [1.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.39%

What queue should Community Warfare be set to if it had to be set to ONE CHOICE/QUEUE ONLY?

1. 3PV ONLY (2 votes [0.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.31%

2. 3PV/1PV (74 votes [11.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.44%

3. 1PV ONLY (565 votes [87.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 87.33%

4. I'm not sure/undecided. (6 votes [0.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.93%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Tice Daurus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

I wanted to post this here so we can help PGI see what we want with our vote for the future. VOTE HERE, if you'd like to discuss your vote as well, do so below. Also, I am trying to keep this voting/polling fair and unbiased. If you want to help with suggesting a change to the voting, please list your addition/change.

Edited by Tice Daurus, 02 September 2013 - 06:37 PM.

#2 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

Hmm voting now probably will get locked though.

#3 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

A poll that doesn't use a random sample isn't a poll. Sorry Tice, but this isn't going to help PGI understand the wishes of the player base.

#4 Zyfe

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:03 PM

This poll really makes no difference. Regardless of the outcome, PGI will claim that it does not reflect what the silent majority want. (Weird, they're 'silent', so how does PGI know what.... nevermind).

We all know the outcome of this poll anyway, we've had similar ones before.

#5 JokerVictor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 515 posts
  • LocationA happy place far from this bitter wasteland

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

Nice try bud, tossed my vote in for kicks.

Uninstalling right now actually, so it's a moot point for me, but I wish you luck.

Hopefully I catch you again on the SC forums.

#6 Protection

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

It's worth noting that most of the outrage isn't just 3PV existing and being forced on us -- it's the sheer deception and outright lies and failure to communicate to the community about what they had intended to do that has really brought the ire down.

And it's not like this is the first time. Scandals and betrayals and deceptions seem to occur on a monthly basis, and the straws have finally snapped the camel's back. The design pillars have been chiseled down and destroyed, or never materialized in the first place, and expectations have been lowered so significantly that we consider any patch without something terrible to be a miraculous achievement.

#7 Hotthedd

• The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

How are the zillions of console players going to vote on this? They all want 3PV, right? Mah Momma sez so.

#8 Tice Daurus

• 2,001 posts
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:09 PM

View PostViper69, on 23 August 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

Hmm voting now probably will get locked though.

I hope not.

View PostHeffay, on 23 August 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

A poll that doesn't use a random sample isn't a poll. Sorry Tice, but this isn't going to help PGI understand the wishes of the player base.

Maybe, maybe not. I would like to hope that it would because for say ever person that does vote would represent 9 others that don't because they don't think their vote would matter or that they are just too apathetic to vote.

View PostZyfe, on 23 August 2013 - 03:03 PM, said:

This poll really makes no difference. Regardless of the outcome, PGI will claim that it does not reflect what the silent majority want. (Weird, they're 'silent', so how does PGI know what.... nevermind).

We all know the outcome of this poll anyway, we've had similar ones before.

I'd still be interested in seeing the results. What is it going to hurt to see what people vote for?

#9 Tice Daurus

• 2,001 posts
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostProtection, on 23 August 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

It's worth noting that most of the outrage isn't just 3PV existing and being forced on us -- it's the sheer deception and outright lies and failure to communicate to the community about what they had intended to do that has really brought the ire down.

And it's not like this is the first time. Scandals and betrayals and deceptions seem to occur on a monthly basis, and the straws have finally snapped the camel's back. The design pillars have been chiseled down and destroyed, or never materialized in the first place, and expectations have been lowered so significantly that we consider any patch without something terrible to be a miraculous achievement.

Agreed. However, I would still like the opportunity to help PGI. What they choose to do with this info is up to them and how they proceed going forward into the future. If they choose to ignore it, then, the least I've done is to try and help a little bit more and I've at least cleared my conscience that I tried to help PGI and IGP realize what the truth is from this poll. It might not be every person they have that's voting, but it gives them a glimpse into what we, some the people want.

Edited by Tice Daurus, 23 August 2013 - 03:16 PM.

#10 Draknos

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 32 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il.

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

View PostTice Daurus, on 23 August 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

Agreed. However, I would still like the opportunity to help PGI.

It seems pretty obvious Tice they don't think they need anyone's help, at least that seems to be what they are showing the community by their actions or lack there of.

So I guess it's their way or no way.......

I just don't get it, how did PGI think this 3rd person view was going to be taken by the players when the majority never wanted it to begin with, for the life of me they had to know it was basically a suicide attempt at best......

#11 Villz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 627 posts
  • Locationstraya m8

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

i'm uninstalling till 1pv only comes in or till i find a better game

#12 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

TBH, there should be a separate question addressing whether 3PV could be balanced to address the issue if we cannot have separate queues.

I think it has only a slight chance of happening, but at this point... despair seems inevitable.

If 3PV didn't have the "I can see over the hill advantage", whining about it then becomes fruitless/moot point. Abusing this 3PV<->1PV switching behavior is simply bad from a competitive play standpoint... maybe forcing/starting @ 1PV or 3PV mode for the duration of the match is a better way to go and/or with changes for the drone to actually take damage and be temporarily disabled (like, 30-60 seconds before it becomes operational again).

Edited by Deathlike, 23 August 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#13 Illusion Tokomi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 135 posts
  • LocationJurai Homeworld

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

Voted.

But my hope has evaporated. It is about poor ethical practices at this point.

#14 FunkyFritter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:21 PM

If it's going to be in the game at all I'd prefer to see it be toggleable with distinct pros and cons when compared to first person. Splitting the community is not what this game needs.

#15 PEEFsmash

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:46 PM

Don't worry we are the vocal majority of the vocal minority.

#16 Tolkien

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:59 AM

Refund for Phoenix package received, if 3pv is in at launch I'm going to push for the founders pack too.

Shame that a point of view can carry the poll 90%+ and the silent majority will still be invoked.

#17 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:17 AM

View PostTice Daurus, on 23 August 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

I wanted to post this here so we can help PGI see what we want with our vote for the future. VOTE HERE, if you'd like to discuss your vote as well, do so below. Also, I am trying to keep this voting/polling fair and unbiased. If you want to help with suggesting a change to the voting, please list your addition/change.

Its a nice try, and I took part, but PGI are only intrested in changing things if it makes it possible for a 5 year old to master the game in under 10 minutes

#18 Tolkien

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:32 AM

I hope this thread gets the visibility it deserves.

#19 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:53 AM

View PostTolkien, on 25 August 2013 - 01:32 AM, said:

I hope this thread gets the visibility it deserves.

Same

#20 Tice Daurus

• 2,001 posts
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

My refund for the Phoenix package is still in the works but it looks like they are indeed processing it so kudos to PGI/IGP for at least keeping their word to refund that.

Bumping so this thread can continue to receive more votes so that PGI can't claim this thread is not considered as a valid threadpost and the votes don't count because it's just a small sampling of the 'vocal minority'...

Please remember, the more votes we get, regardless of how you vote, will show PGI a truer picture of how people here feel. It's up to PGI to take this information and determine what they want with it. So the more votes...the more they cannot ignore us as a small sampling of the community.

Edited by Tice Daurus, 27 August 2013 - 10:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users