• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:51 AM

Ok, I posted this elsewhere. Correct it for errors please:

ECM works like this:

If you have it, it prevents all locks on you and allies within 180 m. BUT there are counters.
If an enemy shoots you or your ally with TAG (it has a 1 sec duration) they can get a lock.
If an enemy narc's you or an ally, they will be able to get a lock (30 sec duration or more if they have the module)
Narc is actually useful now.
If an enemy has BAP as the CTPL C1 (C) does, they can get a lock.

Also, there is a small band between 180 m and 200 m (or more if equiped with sensor range module (maybe 220 m?)) that an enemy can lock on you with Streaks with a BAP. IIRC.

#2262 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:59 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 29 July 2014 - 12:51 AM, said:

Ok, I posted this elsewhere. Correct it for errors please:
ECM works like this:

If you have it, it prevents all locks on you and allies within 180 m. BUT there are counters.
If an enemy shoots you or your ally with TAG (it has a 1 sec duration) they can get a lock.
If an enemy narc's you or an ally, they will be able to get a lock (30 sec duration or more if they have the module)
Narc is actually useful now.

Also, there is a small band between 180 m and 200 m (or more if equiped with sensor range module (maybe 220 m?)) that an enemy can lock on you with Streaks with a BAP. IIRC.

->
If you have ECM and get NARCed, your ECM turns off for the NARC duration (30-40sec).
If you don't have ECM, but are in friendly ECM bubble, the NARC will NOT penetrate through the bubble.

->
If a enemy mech with BAP gets closer than 120m to your ECM, it will counter your ECM.

Also, there is a small band between 180 m and 200 m
->
Sensor range increase your range from 800 to 1000m.
ECM turns enemy sensor range to 1/4.
This will increase the 200m max range to 250m and will give you the ability to target and lock ECM mech from 181 - 250 meters.

Hope this helps.

#2263 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:24 AM

I like to call this the "Donut of Detectibility"

#2264 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:30 AM

question in the weapons load-out area in the ammo section I see a 1/2 on some of the ammo what is this and why would I want it?

thanks

#2265 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:34 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 29 July 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

question in the weapons load-out area in the ammo section I see a 1/2 on some of the ammo what is this and why would I want it?

thanks

Sometimes when you're designing a 'Mech, you'll have some spare tonnage you don't know what to do with - now you can use it to take a bit more ammo.

Half tons of ammo have 1/2 the number of shots a full ton has.

#2266 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:36 AM

View PostDEMAX51, on 29 July 2014 - 08:34 AM, said:

Sometimes when you're designing a 'Mech, you'll have some spare tonnage you don't know what to do with - now you can use it to take a bit more ammo.

Half tons of ammo have 1/2 the number of shots a full ton has.

...rounded down (where applicable)

Also: sometimes you want it distributed around the mech in case you lose a side or something like that. Or, in the case of gauss ammo, it can be extra crit padding, since it doesn't blow up (thanks to Wintersdark for pointing that out to me)

Edited by Terciel1976, 29 July 2014 - 08:38 AM.

#2267 Khujjo

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 89 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:39 PM

Why are people putting radar dep module on ECM mechs? A little redundant, am I missing something?

#2268 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

View PostKhujjoBD, on 29 July 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

Why are people putting radar dep module on ECM mechs? A little redundant, am I missing something?

They are scared of the mighty TAG, BAP and PPC/NARC removing their ECM and then LRMs could kill them, very fast, ... somehow. :(

#2269 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:44 PM

Redundant system design isn't a bad thing. In this case, if your ECM gets taken out due to crits, you'll still be able to fall back on Radar Dep.

Still, I wouldn't do it.

#2270 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:53 PM

If you have ECM and get NARCed, your ECM turns off for the NARC duration (30-40sec).

I had this experience.
It sucks. I was pelted for more than 30 seconds with a constant, non-stop stream of LRMs in my Raven 3-L and tanked it like you wouldn't believe, but my god it sucks so damn much.

Clan and IS LRMs.
Nonstop.
The spam is just unbelieveable. It'd never fly even in tabletop LRM boats as they would overheat for FAR less even with DHS.

Edited by Koniving, 31 July 2014 - 12:12 PM.

#2271 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:08 PM

Think about BAP for a second. Think about say, BAP and a stack of SSRMs.

If they have BAP, fire a load of streaks, and you move behind a rock while the streaks are in flight(or LRMs are in flight), they're still getting a lock on you during the normal sensor decay time period.

Radar dep removes that, even if they have a bap. bap doesn't give any detection through obstacles but it allows for the initial LOS lock, and then target decay comes into play when you try to break(or keep, depending on your point of view) that lock

Lots of stuff will counter your ECM but nothing ever trumps radar dep module. With fewer slots you will ahve to think carefully about module load, but it does have uses even on an ecm mech.

Edited by Redshift2k5, 29 July 2014 - 01:11 PM.

#2272 Khujjo

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 89 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

These responses, while I agree they can be somewhat effective, sure seem very situational. I understand in rare circumstances it can help but my point, I guess is that most of the time a different module would be more beneficial/efficient use of the slot.

#2273 Denolven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:26 PM

View PostKhujjoBD, on 29 July 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

I guess is that most of the time a different module would be more beneficial/efficient use of the slot.

The value of a module for a particular mech is highly subjective. The guys above just listed possible arguments for using it. And the SSRM one can be quite significant for a light.

Edited by Denolven, 29 July 2014 - 01:27 PM.

#2274 Khujjo

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 89 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

While I'm here...my cockpit glass and film grain are back even though the text is still in my user.cfg file. Why is it back/how to get rid of it? Thanks for the replies on this and previous questions.

#2275 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:47 PM

What happened in the new patch guys?

#2276 Denolven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:13 PM

View PostBrenden, on 29 July 2014 - 02:47 PM, said:

Most Mechs lost a module slot (some lost more), and we got auto-refill for consumables finally. The rest is negligible.

Edited by Denolven, 29 July 2014 - 03:32 PM.

#2277 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:49 PM

is there a way to figure out where you spent your GXP, like a history of use? also is there a way to figure out how much GXP you should have (minus the amount spent)

thanks in advance

#2278 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 29 July 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

is there a way to figure out where you spent your GXP, like a history of use? also is there a way to figure out how much GXP you should have (minus the amount spent)

thanks in advance

There's no way to look up what you've used GXP to purchase. You can only look up MC purchases on the website in your profile. Also, to answer your second question, you earn 5% of your total EXP in GXP. So you can use your basic stats in your profile to see how much XP you've earned, and then just multiply that number by .05.

#2279 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:42 PM

thanks

#2280 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:04 PM

View PostBrenden, on 29 July 2014 - 02:47 PM, said:

View PostDenolven, on 29 July 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

Most Mechs lost a module slot (some lost more), and we got auto-refill for consumables finally. The rest is negligible.

If you own Hunchbacks, Centurions, Awesomes, or Dragons, you also got a quirks buff. Read the patch notes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users