- - - - -

Short Question, Short Answer

10303 replies to this topic

#2281 Denolven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:33 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 29 July 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

If you own Hunchbacks, Centurions, Awesomes, or Dragons, you also got a quirks buff. Read the patch notes.

I wouldn't count the "5% less heat for my Dragons Gauss" as a significant change. Even the buffs to the Awesome, which look like signifikant numbers at first, are unlikely to solve its problem, because heat was never its main issue. People will dust it off, play a few matches, notice that the gameplay didn't change, then put it in the back of the garage again.
Anyway, just my opinion. I really hope I'm wrong, but I have my doubts.

Edited by Denolven, 29 July 2014 - 06:34 PM.

#2282 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:25 PM

View PostKhujjoBD, on 29 July 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

While I'm here...my cockpit glass and film grain are back even though the text is still in my user.cfg file. Why is it back/how to get rid of it? Thanks for the replies on this and previous questions.

Hmm...sounds like a bug. Doublecheck the file contents, name location, etc. Try deleting and recreating the file. Email support for anything else.

#2283 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:13 AM

Some people might need to deleete the shader cache or use repairtool (backup your config before! ) to fix any issue with graphics.

#2284 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 776 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:33 AM

How is it possible that a Hero mech for real cash (Arrow) has 1 mech module less that *ordinary* cheaper champ BJ-1? What is the logic behind this?

Edited by ExoForce, 02 August 2014 - 10:35 AM.

#2285 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

View PostExoForce, on 02 August 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:

How is it possible that a Hero mech for real cash (Arrow) has 1 mech module less that *ordinary* cheaper champ BJ-1? What is the logic behind this?

Well, it's not the only trade-off. Arrow has different hard points (6 ballistic), too.

More to the point, heroes aren't supposed to be "better," just "different." Sometimes, they end up being better (Dragon Slayer, Ember, Misery) but often it goes the other way (Golden Boy, Pretty Baby, Huginn) or it's fairly neutral depending on what you want (Heavy Metal, Ilya, Firebrand).

Edited by Terciel1976, 02 August 2014 - 10:53 AM.

#2286 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 776 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

Very good answer, will contemplate about it...

#2287 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

View PostDenolven, on 29 July 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

I wouldn't count the "5% less heat for my Dragons Gauss" as a significant change. Even the buffs to the Awesome, which look like signifikant numbers at first, are unlikely to solve its problem, because heat was never its main issue. People will dust it off, play a few matches, notice that the gameplay didn't change, then put it in the back of the garage again.
Anyway, just my opinion. I really hope I'm wrong, but I have my doubts.

Haven't tried the Dragon much since the patch...

But I gotta say, I've been making builds with the Awesome.
Spoiler

#2288 ShinobiHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:45 PM

View PostEmpyrus, on 19 July 2014 - 03:08 AM, said:

I don't know for sure... Are unlocked (C-Bill or MC ones) colors per mech or available for all mechs?

This applies to colors only though. Unfortunately you have to buy camo patterns per mech.

#2289 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:22 PM

Does the clan computer increase crit chance for Machine Guns? The tooltip is silent on this, which makes me guess... no.

#2290 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:23 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 04 August 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

Does the clan computer increase crit chance for Machine Guns? The tooltip is silent on this, which makes me guess... no.

No. It doesn't help any weapon that already has "buffed" crit chance further. The details were in the patch notes but that's the TLDR.

#2291 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:24 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 04 August 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

You guess correctly.

#2292 SethAbercromby

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 04 August 2014 - 02:23 PM, said:

No. It doesn't help any weapon that already has "buffed" crit chance further. The details were in the patch notes but that's the TLDR.

I still feel kinda mixed on the exclusion of MGs and LBs of all TC benefits. They are pretty underrated as it is, some people might assume that to be even less of a reason to use them.

#2293 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

Thanks. Then the follow-on short question: Clan BAP or Clan TC mk. 1 for a 5 mg 4 sl 2 ll nova?

#2294 SethAbercromby

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

If you want increased sensor reach, targeting data and counter ECM, then use the BAP. TC will improve range and crit chance of your lasers (but not your MGs) by a slight margin and give you about the same increase in data gathering nope, improves lock time, which is for LRMs and SSRMs. I should read texts more carefully.

I think in your case, the TC would be more useful, simply because your build doesn't seem to really go for range or relies on locks for SSRMs. You'd get a little more out of the range improvement and incresed crit chance.

Edited by SethAbercromby, 04 August 2014 - 04:47 PM.

#2295 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:23 PM

View PostSethAbercromby, on 04 August 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

If you want increased sensor reach, targeting data and counter ECM, then use the BAP. TC will improve range and crit chance of your lasers (but not your MGs) by a slight margin and give you about the same increase in data gathering nope, improves lock time, which is for LRMs and SSRMs. I should read texts more carefully.

I think in your case, the TC would be more useful, simply because your build doesn't seem to really go for range or relies on locks for SSRMs. You'd get a little more out of the range improvement and incresed crit chance.

You were right the first time. Targeting Computers don't decrease the time it takes to achieve lock (they don't affect any missiles in any way, actually), but they do give you targeting info data faster (details about your enemy's loadout and paper doll) just like BAP and the Taget Info Gathering module. Source: http://mwomercs.com/...60#entry3442260

Edited by DEMAX51, 04 August 2014 - 09:24 PM.

#2296 SethAbercromby

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:45 PM

View PostDEMAX51, on 04 August 2014 - 09:23 PM, said:

You were right the first time. Targeting Computers don't decrease the time it takes to achieve lock (they don't affect any missiles in any way, actually), but they do give you targeting info data faster (details about your enemy's loadout and paper doll) just like BAP and the Taget Info Gathering module. Source: http://mwomercs.com/...60#entry3442260

Okay, that's what I thought because of the text, but the quirks actualy read "lock time", which is why I assumed the fluff was inaccurate (not the first time).

#2297 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

What happened this next patch.
Just the new mech?

#2298 SethAbercromby

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:17 AM

Quoted from Patch notes:

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 05 August 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

General
  • Greater visual weapon customization for the Spider variants. Their appearance will better reflect the weapons that have been equipped on them.
  • New MechLab icons for all Spider variants.
  • Skins added for KitFox Mechs.
  • When a targeted enemy has been destroyed, Bitching Betty will announce "Target Destroyed"

Bug Fixes
  • Pressing F9 will displays the map coordinates again.
  • Fixed a typo on the Clan Streak SRM 6 Range modules

There's also a Kintaro Champion now.

#2299 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:36 AM

View PostBrenden, on 05 August 2014 - 11:10 AM, said:

What happened this next patch.
Just the new mech?

http://mwomercs.com/...-13311-is-live/

#2300 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

Haven't really written anything in the recent days about progress/mechs/etc on this game, so I decided may as well do it here rather than necroing my past stuff.

I'm glad PGI's finishing up older mechs that were without heroes and am interested in picking up a few of those maybe sooner than later, though I'm not sure whether to do so. I do want to save a few mech bays and all for Clan stuff, which I'm really anxious to pick up.

I'm glad that PGI's also introducing quirks and that kind of stuff, plus also glad that they got in another Champion trial. However, why didn't they put back in all of the trials so that new players could try out every single one? Would like to see whether the newfound quirks are very affecting or not (Dragon trial mostly, I've Centurions and Hunchbacks already).

So now my question is, how do you play Kintaro? I'm somewhat struggling with it, sorta like how I struggled a lot with Shadow Hawk trial (way too slow, but figured how to use it properly as a screenshaker.) Also, is Awesome or Dragon any more worth than before? Last question, anyone with that shiny shiny battlemaster willing to share how affecting the buff/nerf is to the hero? It seems really neat, so I have a feeling I might pick it up. :)

Anyway, yeah just felt inclined to make a forum post on status since Clans have been out for a long while now. Haven't done that since before Clans released.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users