Jade Falcon Clan Mechs = Junk In Mwo ?

80 replies to this topic

Poll: Which mech (148 member(s) have cast votes)

Whihc mech would you use in MWO if you could?

1. Kit fox (primary config) (24 votes [13.11%])

Percentage of vote: 13.11%

2. Hellbringer (primary config) (46 votes [25.14%])

Percentage of vote: 25.14%

3. Summoner (primary config) (75 votes [40.98%])

Percentage of vote: 40.98%

4. My costumized inner sphere mech (38 votes [20.77%])

Percentage of vote: 20.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:01 AM

View PostKuroNyra, on 06 March 2014 - 01:25 PM, said:

I'll take thor anytime.
Just because it look's cool. :lol:
Almost like a warhammer.

View PostKuroNyra, on 07 March 2014 - 07:13 AM, said:

HECK NO!
I like the Loki too.
But... Damn, no. Simply. NO!

The Hellbringer is by far closer to the Warhammer than the Summoner is.

Edited by Nathan K, 07 March 2014 - 08:02 AM.

#62 SMDMadCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:15 AM

View PostKuroNyra, on 07 March 2014 - 07:13 AM, said:

HECK NO!
I like the Loki too.
But... Damn, no. Simply. NO!

I think you are confused as to which mech is which.

#63 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:33 AM

I actually think the Hellbringer looks a mix between Hunchback and Warhammer.

#64 Henric Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 109 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationYork II

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:58 AM

Yes, it appears to me the Devs are not too keen on following the Battletech Canon, except when it suits their own purposes. The lack of the Loki / Hellbringer mech is a glaring example.

They put pretty much all of the other Invasion Era Mechs in the upcoming Clan Packs, but not the Loki / Hellbringer, for whatever arcane reason. This doesnt make much sense, if one considers that the Loki / Hellbringer was one of the mostly used Battlemechs in the Invasion, by all of the Clans. Moreover, it is one of the most iconic of the Clan Omni Battlemechs, with as distinctive a design as the Thor has.

It seems to me that I wont be spending any more money on this game until they get the Loki / Hellbringer Omnmech into this game. Moreover, I am still waiting for them to fix Commmunity Warfare.....

#65 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:03 AM

They left out the Hellbringer, Executioner, Gargoyle, Mad Dog, Firemoth, Mist Lynx, and I think one medium mech (Ice Ferret?) from the invasion set. Several of them have MASC (but do not go fast enough to be an issue with HSR except for the Firemoth). The Hellbringer was not so widely used. It was widely used by the FALCONS, however. Most other Clans viewed it as a bit too flawed a mech.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 28 March 2014 - 09:41 AM.

#66 Henric Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 109 posts
  • LocationYork II

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:11 AM

Most of the Spirits who play MWO are coming around to using my cammo scheme. Many of us are ex-military, so using red with green as cammo makes most of the others to stop and second guess.it. I am always telling them that we are talking about bipedal machines 2 stories high. Nothing short of a romulan cloaking device would be able to hide such a machine adequately

#67 Tetryon88

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:21 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 28 March 2014 - 09:03 AM, said:

They left out the Hellbringer, Executioner, Gargoyle, Mad Dog, Firemoth, Mist Lynx, and I think one medium mech (Ice Ferret?) from the invasion set. Several of them have MASC (but do not go fast enough to be an issue with HSR except for the Firemoth). The Hellbringer was not so widely used. It was widely used by the FALCONS, however. Most other Clans viewed it as a bit too flawed a mech.

Expect to see a Clan Reinforcement pack that will add in all the missing mechs from the initial Invasion set we currently have. PGI will most likely assemble it the same way they did with this current Invasion pack forcing you to buy in sets or A la carte with additional in-game bonuses. It'd be a good way to make a heap more money, as well as get people who initially burn out on the current list to come back and buy/play new mechs.

#68 Aym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:56 AM

View PostRolfS, on 14 October 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

I thought about how broken the current game balance actually is. To illustrate consider if you had the choice to select any of the three Clan Jade mechs with Clan technolgy in primary config, kit fox (uller), hellbringer(Loki), Summoner (Thor) or a customized inner sphere of your choice in mwo?
Which would you choose? My answer is a heavily customized inner sphere mech because none of the Jade Falcon clan mechs are good with current game balance. Note that all of the Jade Falcon clan mechs are "balanced" builds without strong Alpha and "should" work i.e no ghost heat etc.

But I personnaly found issue after issued with Jade Falcon Clan builds in the current meta i.e the current patch that were too serious to make them playable...

Personnaly I don't consider mwo = battletech unless the Jade Falcon mechs are better than current inner sphere builds being played :lol: .

Ahahahahaha, I mean, whew, lol-city here. Wow, that is one of the funnier things I've read this year. Thanks clanners for keeping up the lulz!

#69 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:45 AM

View PostNekhron Kirov, on 28 March 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:

Yes, it appears to me the Devs are not too keen on following the Battletech Canon, except when it suits their own purposes. The lack of the Loki / Hellbringer mech is a glaring example.

They put pretty much all of the other Invasion Era Mechs in the upcoming Clan Packs, but not the Loki / Hellbringer, for whatever arcane reason. This doesnt make much sense, if one considers that the Loki / Hellbringer was one of the mostly used Battlemechs in the Invasion, by all of the Clans. Moreover, it is one of the most iconic of the Clan Omni Battlemechs, with as distinctive a design as the Thor has.

The arcane reasoning at place is they picked two of each weight class and the Timberwolf, Summoner, and Hellbringer are all heavy mechs. Some mechs had to get left out for the package. I'm sure the Hellbringer will eventually be released.

#70 sansDaedalus

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:09 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 28 March 2014 - 09:03 AM, said:

I believe the medium you are looking for is the Viper.

What I find to be a bit odd is that of the 'mechs not present in the Clan packs, a great many of them are Clan Ghost Bear chassis'. None of the featured 'mechs are particularly common in the Ghost Bear touman. As a Ghost Bear, I feel just a little left out.

Edited by sansDaedalus, 03 April 2014 - 11:13 AM.

#71 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:39 AM

View PostsansDaedalus, on 03 April 2014 - 11:09 AM, said:

I believe the medium you are looking for is the Viper.

What I find to be a bit odd is that of the 'mechs not present in the Clan packs, a great many of them are Clan Ghost Bear chassis'. None of the featured 'mechs are particularly common in the Ghost Bear touman. As a Ghost Bear, I feel just a little left out.

What should i say? The peack features no Ice Ferret nor Gargoyle, respectively the most common Mediums and Assaults in the Wolf touman..

#72 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:48 PM

View PostRouken, on 03 April 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

The arcane reasoning at place is they picked two of each weight class and the Timberwolf, Summoner, and Hellbringer are all heavy mechs. Some mechs had to get left out for the package. I'm sure the Hellbringer will eventually be released.

...and Mad Dog.

#73 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:13 PM

View PostNathan K, on 03 April 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

...and Mad Dog.

Star Captain Kristen Redmond would approve!

Posted Image

#74 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:23 PM

View PostEdward Mattlov, on 03 April 2014 - 02:13 PM, said:

Posted Image

Still would like to know why she did not get her eye fixed/replaced. :)

#75 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

View PostNathan K, on 03 April 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

...and Mad Dog.

Indeed, this is the one that hurts for me :)

Still I just can't see the Mad Dog beating out the Summoner.

On the bright side, having all these wonderful mechs that were missed means each month should bring an awesome release for the Clans.

#76 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:10 AM

View PostEdward Mattlov, on 03 April 2014 - 02:13 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Star Captain Joanna would approve too!

View PostRouken, on 03 April 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

Indeed, this is the one that hurts for me :D

Still I just can't see the Mad Dog beating out the Summoner.

The Summoner started running forward with the fury of a falcon. The Wolf Mad Dog whose pilot had challenged the Falcon to honorable combat did not retrat. Instead, he slowly walked forward loosing volleys of LRMs on its target. The Summoner leaped on streams of superheated plasma, but managed to dodge only some of the missiles. The Mad Dog added laser fire with its large pulse lasers; now it was running to avoid the badly aimed ERPPC and LRM shots from the far and still jumping. Summoner. The Wolf warrior closed in at higher speed, made sure he had cooled off enough his 'Mech and fired all his lasers and missiles aiming at the Summoner's left leg. The intense barrage left dark scars on it.

The Summoner touched the ground, regained balance and started again running at the Mad Dog, firing with all his weapons. Though under heavy fire, the Mad Dog kept running in circle trying to not stay too close to its enemy. A few more pulse lasers shot burned myomer muscles in the Summoner's right leg slowing it down. The Mad Dog was eventually able to circle around it, cool off a bit and fire its last salvos of missiles in the Summoner's back, grinding its armor down until the engine took critical damage and stopped powering the huge war machine which toppled forward.

#77 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:14 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 04 April 2014 - 05:10 AM, said:

Posted Image

The Summoner started running forward with the fury of a falcon. The Wolf Mad Dog whose pilot had challenged the Falcon to honorable combat did not retrat. Instead, he slowly walked forward loosing volleys of LRMs on its target. The Summoner leaped on streams of superheated plasma, but managed to dodge only some of the missiles. The Mad Dog added laser fire with its large pulse lasers; now it was running to avoid the badly aimed ERPPC and LRM shots from the far and still jumping. Summoner. The Wolf warrior closed in at higher speed, made sure he had cooled off enough his 'Mech and fired all his lasers and missiles aiming at the Summoner's left leg. The intense barrage left dark scars on it.

The Summoner touched the ground, regained balance and started again running at the Mad Dog, firing with all his weapons. Though under heavy fire, the Mad Dog kept running in circle trying to not stay too close to its enemy. A few more pulse lasers shot burned myomer muscles in the Summoner's right leg slowing it down. The Mad Dog was eventually able to circle around it, cool off a bit and fire its last salvos of missiles in the Summoner's back, grinding its armor down until the engine took critical damage and stopped powering the huge war machine which toppled forward.

The Mad Dog exits the circle, round one ends.

Round two...

:)

#78 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:17 PM

hellbringer... Duh!

#79 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 04 April 2014 - 05:10 AM, said:

Posted Image

Star Captain Joanna's favored mech was the Summoner, while Star Captain Kristen Redmond was always shown in a Mad Dog.

#80 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:45 PM

View PostEdward Mattlov, on 04 April 2014 - 07:42 PM, said:

Star Captain [/size]Joanna's favored mech was the Summoner

Are you sure of this? I mean, i am sure she may have liked it, but ieven if it has been a while since i last read a Jade Falcon novel, in every novel she pilots a Mad Dog and she seems to like it! Ok, except for the duel vs Natasha Kerensky, of course..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users