191 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

You can see the latest Command Chair post from the Dev Team here: http://mwomercs.com/...rivate-matches/

Spoiler

Please share your thoughts!

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:26 PM

I guess that sounds OK, except, this should've been done with UI 1.5 long ago.

#3 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:27 PM

All sounds great, how soon until new mode and test?

#4 Tolkien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:38 PM

I can't wait to need a premium booster to get that 1pv option we were told would be called hardcore.

Classy.

#5 Siriothrax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

Will mech choice be visible to the other team in the private lobby?

If you know what the enemy team is bringing, you can shape your game plan accordingly, and it reduces the importance of scouting. This has a big effect on competitive play. I've only had a chance to read the posts once over, so I might have missed the detail, but I'm hoping that my concern has already been addressed. :wub:

Edited by Siriothrax, 02 December 2013 - 01:41 PM.

#6 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:43 PM

Charging money for private match options? Not cool guys... It had better be C-Bills and not MC (if that, really it shouldn't be anything)

Edited by DeathofSelf, 02 December 2013 - 01:44 PM.

#7 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:44 PM

View PostDeathofSelf, on 02 December 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

Charging money for private match options? Not cool guys... It had better be C-Bills and not MC (if that, really it shouldn't be anything)

Servers cost money, they really dont have a choice, either you pay up front for the game or you pay in different ways. Hopefully it wont be too major.

#8 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:46 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 02 December 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

Servers cost money, they really dont have a choice, either you pay up front for the game or you pay in different ways. Hopefully it wont be too major.

As you can see I have paid money, I understand that they need to make money, but charging for options in private matches is a pretty crappy way to do it

#9 Arkadash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 148 posts
  • LocationWhere I'm needed

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:58 PM

The "Even Teams (Yes/No)" option seems necessary once the clans invade, at least according to lore.

#10 Banditman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:59 PM

Observations and questions:

1. If a player who is not the group leader creates a private match, send a message to the group leader saying "Player_0023 has created a private match, do you wish to join your group to this match? (Y/N)". If "Yes", in goes the group. If "No", Player_0023 is removed from the group and put into his own private match. != rocket science.

2. If I invite "Player B", who is in a group led by "Player A" to a private match, just forward the invite to Player A and let him choose to accept or not accept.

3. Why not just allow a player or Merc corp (or whatever player run entity) to rent their own server? This works so bloody well in Tribes Ascend (and other games), it doesn't have to be this bloody hard. I'm sure you're using virtualization, store the parameters for the server and only spin it up when the player or a designated player within the owning Merc corp launches a private match.

#11 Silent

• 1,207 posts
  • LocationButte Hold

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostSiriothrax, on 02 December 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

Will mech choice be visible to the other team in the private lobby?

If you know what the enemy team is bringing, you can shape your game plan accordingly, and it reduces the importance of scouting. This has a big effect on competitive play. I've only had a chance to read the posts once over, so I might have missed the detail, but I'm hoping that my concern has already been addressed. :wub:

For just 500 MC a round you can hide your choices from the other team.

#12 SirLANsalot

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

View PostDeathofSelf, on 02 December 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

As you can see I have paid money, I understand that they need to make money, but charging for options in private matches is a pretty crappy way to do it

Stop trying to get {Scrap} for free you leech.

They never did say it will cost to make a match, just that if your a premo you will get prioritized on the servers for a slot. As there will be a limit to how many privet matches they can have going on at once in there server. Basic people will need to wait, people with premo, will get in first since they are paying for the game before freebies. If you don;t like it, tough, every server for EVERY game out there dose that with donation slots ect ect, this is no different.

Those still whining about 3Pv and 1Pv being together......shut up already, its not going to change, and its not a game breaking feature like it was in the ages past in other MW titles. Get you head on straight and understand that PGI actually did 3PV CORRECTLY.

#13 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

View PostDeathofSelf, on 02 December 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

You have free private matches. Why shouldn't they monetize the advanced options?

Not to mention that each of the premium options will have default values. And if you're in a private match, you can enforce whatever other values you want through policy. Sheesh...

Edited by Heffay, 02 December 2013 - 02:15 PM.

#14 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

Sweet, you found a way to monetize to still get the cash when people use private matches to create the community warfare that keeps being promised.

#15 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

View PostSirLANsalot, on 02 December 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

Stop trying to get {Scrap} for free you leech.

They never did say it will cost to make a match, just that if your a premo you will get prioritized on the servers for a slot. As there will be a limit to how many privet matches they can have going on at once in there server. Basic people will need to wait, people with premo, will get in first since they are paying for the game before freebies. If you don;t like it, tough, every server for EVERY game out there dose that with donation slots ect ect, this is no different.

Those still whining about 3Pv and 1Pv being together......shut up already, its not going to change, and its not a game breaking feature like it was in the ages past in other MW titles. Get you head on straight and understand that PGI actually did 3PV CORRECTLY.

Did you actually read anything? Or did you just want to yell at people on the internet?

View PostHeffay, on 02 December 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

They didn't say they are charging money for private matches. They said that some features of private matches will be available for the match creators if they have a premium booster.

That is what I said, "private match OPTIONS"

#16 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:17 PM

View PostDeathofSelf, on 02 December 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

That is what I said, "private match OPTIONS"

I realize that, and edited my post. Reread it, since you're whining about nothing.

View PostDihm, on 02 December 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

Sweet, you found a way to monetize to still get the cash when people use private matches to create the community warfare that keeps being promised.

There is zero need to get the premium booster. If you're in a private match, you can enforce whatever restrictions you want. Including a 12v12 hunchback only match.

#17 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:19 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 02 December 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

Yes, well, maybe PGI should have thought about the fact that servers cost money when they decided on a free-to-play model. Charging people for basic game options on launch is pretty scummy. Not going to give my final judgement on this until I see how things end up, but really, if they want to go with the "servers cost money argument," maybe they ought to be charging all those terrible freeloaders a subscription fee.

Or, we could assume that this game works like every single other free-to-play game and note that the costs of an imaginary currency that costs them no money to make should rake in enough money to keep the servers running, which in turn nets them more cash selling more imaginary spacebucks because there are more people playing the game.

Edited by aniviron, 02 December 2013 - 02:21 PM.

#18 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:20 PM

View PostHeffay, on 02 December 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

You're welcome. I do what I can so that the average forum browser doesn't read your post and get confused about what is being offered.

In other words: Some people will complain about anything. And by anything I mean EVERYTHING.

And some people will defend anything... Seriously, heaven forbid anyone disagree with anything you or PGI says

#19 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

View Postaniviron, on 02 December 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

Yes, well, maybe PGI should have thought about the fact that servers cost money when they decided on a free-to-play model. Charging people for basic game options on launch is pretty scummy. Not going to give my final judgement on this until I see how things end up, but really, if they want to go with the "servers cost money argument," maybe they ought to be charging all those terrible freeloaders a subscription fee.

Or, we could assume that this game works like every single other free-to-play game and note that the costs of an imaginary currency that costs them no money to make should rake in enough money to keep the servers running, which in turn nets them more cash selling more imaginary spacebucks because there are more people playing the game.

Many units are MORE THAN WILLING to shell out the money for their own private server. That's what happens for MANY games like Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (a completely aging F2P game).

Doing any other method seems silly by comparison.

In theory, it should be a win-win for PGI, people paying them (on a recurring basis) for server usage and people still getting what they want (their own server). I think the last of the MW4 Mercs guys did that (although, virtually anyone could host it themselves for free).

Sometime the easiest solution is the simplest one. It's odd that PGI wants to continue reinventing the wheel.

Edited by Deathlike, 02 December 2013 - 02:24 PM.

#20 Dymlos2003

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

View Postaniviron, on 02 December 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

Since it IS a private match, just tell the people on your TS the restrictions. Pretty easy actually, you don't need to pay if you don't want to. If you play with idiots that don't listen then that's your fault.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users