Russ Bullock taking questions on Founders now.

948 replies to this topic

#681 TOGSolid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

Has anyone else not gotten any sort of confirmation email or is that still all bugged? The last email I got was just the one saying:
We have received your payment for MechWarrior Online. It has not yet been accepted by MechWarrior Online but we are working with them to quickly correct the problem.
We apologize for this delay and inconvenience.
As soon as we resolve this matter we will contact you.

Edited by TOGSolid, 20 June 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#682 Cmdr Rad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:44 PM

Well, this is a bit late to ask this, but I figured I'd ask, after reading your replies in Canuck's awesome compilation of your answers:

Question: Are the bonuses of the Founder's Mechs, like the fact that they don't take up garage space, or the fact that they grant c-bill bonuses... going to stay exclusive to these specific mechs? Or are these bonuses only exclusive for the time being until you decide to release and/or monetize these features in the future?

This happens often with Pre-order bonuses, which, instead of exclusive bonuses, you're really just getting a headstart on buying something that will either be made available to everyone later for free (See: Battlefield 3 Origin Pre-order weapon bonus) or they will be put up for sale (See: Shogun 2 Total War's Collectors Edition bonuses).

I completely understand not answering this question, as it can definitely disappoint a portion of your base. I just generally like to know the truth.

Thanks!

#683 ThunderHart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 165 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:49 PM

Can I upgrade from Elite to Legendary? :)

#684 The Vogfather

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts
  • Locationin a server room somewhere in Comcast controlling your Internets.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

russ i have a question for you.. being that i am form Chicago. Navy pier has a BattleTech Center. has there been any talk with them to be able to play there?

View PostThunderHart, on 20 June 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

Can I upgrade from Elite to Legendary? :)

yes you can

Edited by The Vogfather, 20 June 2012 - 08:53 PM.

#685 Ishtar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationVirginia/DC

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 20 June 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

There have beena few reporting similar issues. My understanding is that it's all about Playspan and CC company security. Those overseas are having a tougher time of it. At the moment I am not sure where to direct you I admit...have you talked with Playspan and your credit card company?

a few people have brought this up...we hope to add an opt out feature in your profile or something

Have you used OpenVPN connect? I used this one state side , while connected to this vpn. You get a option to use different servers.

#686 Desa Lancaster

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:33 PM

I have always loved Battletech and Mechwarrior and I am happy to support the company by buying the lgendary pack! Thanks, cant wait for release!

#687 st8ic

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

Can I just get two Elite packs for one account? 4 month premium and 160$ in-game currency sounds like a hefty bonus and I guess two premium mechs would be enough for me <_<

#688 Imortl

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

Sorry if I missed this. Want to understand that if it is free to play (i.e. I pay once for the game and play it for ever fo no additional ) what will the in game currency be for? I cant seem to find on the site what the costs will be.

Have I understood it right?

#689 WalkingDeathBot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLooking for Paul so as to troll him

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:33 PM

There have beena few reporting similar issues. My understanding is that it's all about Playspan and CC company security. Those overseas are having a tougher time of it. At the moment I am not sure where to direct you I admit...have you talked with Playspan and your credit card company?

a few people have brought this up...we hope to add an opt out feature in your profile or something

I live and work overseas in Thailand and my credit cards are all US based. I can't get paypal to work from Thailand. HOWEVER, if pay with credit card and put in my Thai address (it detects the IP anyway) it usually works. Also with playspan (I use them for WoT) if they refuse you, sometimes you need to wait 24hrs to try again. Just always put your overseas address not your US one.

#690 Draco Argentum

• 1,222 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:43 PM

That would be good.

#691 Chuck Norris1008

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:56 PM

I am from germany and to worsen Things i do not have paypal nor credit card, is there any other method of buying founders packages?

#692 LokkenJP

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:56 AM

Hi Russ.

One question here. I'm a bit concerned about my choice of the exclusive mech class for my Elite pack (unfortunately I cannot afford the Legendary one, which should solve my problem... :D )

Other Online FPSs out there (namely World of Tanks) have focused money-grinding class and tiers of vehicles... Using WoT as an example, money grinding is almost exclusive of medium vehicles of medium tiers.
Light vehicles earn too little currency (but also have lower maintenance, thus having a rather small profit). Meanwhile heavier vehicles have higher payouts, but extremely higher maintenance costs, resulting usually in even money balance in the best case, and net loss of money most of the time.

As the prime advantage of Founder mechs is the money grinding feature, It would be extremely useful to know how money making is going to work in MWO. Is money grinding (almost) exclusive of one of the weight classes? Can any class be as profitable as the others? Will the medium class be superior here? Will the Assault class be designed as a c-bill sink?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Regards

L

Edited by LokkenJP, 21 June 2012 - 12:59 AM.

#693 WaddeHaddeDudeda

• 1,567 posts
  • LocationAllocation Relocation Dislocation

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:11 AM

Q: Will there be an option to delete accounts and/or rename them in the future?

#694 Kingofpain

• Pip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 16 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:21 AM

View PostWargster, on 19 June 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

For each founder mech you buy does it come with its own garage slot? I dont want to have to spend my C-bills I got with the package on garagse slots right away because I am legendary, seems only fair the founders mechs come with garage slots.

do you have to pay for extra slots, if so how much?

#695 BoomerZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 127 posts
  • LocationEngland......UK......

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:43 AM

Please Russ can we play in E.U or not I am somewhat confussed....... :D

#696 ShadowDarter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 442 posts
  • LocationSydney city Mechbay

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:44 AM

Coffee or tea ?!?!

#697 BoomerZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 127 posts
  • LocationEngland......UK......

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:46 AM

Russ..can we play in the E.U or not ? I am somewhat confussed.. :D

#698 xti

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 138 posts
  • LocationGermany (Pfalz)

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:00 AM

View PostBoomerZ, on 21 June 2012 - 01:46 AM, said:

Russ..can we play in the E.U or not ? I am somewhat confussed.. :D

you can, but until there are eu servers a high latency may diminish the experience.

#699 Kvidar

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:24 AM

View PostThunderHart, on 20 June 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

Can I upgrade from Elite to Legendary? :D

Yes. click on the link at the top right to where the founders packages are being sold (that place that you used to look obsessively at while spamming F5...) and there should be an upgrade feature in said link.

Edited by Kvidar, 21 June 2012 - 03:24 AM.

#700 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:32 AM

I am not old enough to sign the NDA. Could my parents? Also, how would I change my founders mech (panicked and got the atlas)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users