ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

View PostBloodweaver, on 05 March 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

Players do not need to alert their teammates of how they wish to play. Expecting other players to tell you how they want to play is egotistical, because you have no say in the matter. Assuming that they hide "in hopes of protecting their stats" is also just that - an assumption. You could just as easily assume that they are hiding for gameplay reasons. Which one of those two assumptions you make says a lot about your way of thinking and nothing about theirs. If I hide, and someone thinks I'm saving my KDR, that's based on nothing but his own thought processes. No matter how strongly he believes that to be the case, no matter how "obvious" it is, doesn't change the fact that he's wrong. And his being wrong is not on me, it's on him, because the assumption was made only by him.

shame the Devs don't agree with you on that. Actually it's not. TW; this is a TEAM game. While you are soooo busy hiding, I suppose it is far too much work for you to press Y and say hey, I got a plan? Apparently so. Thus, you are, by definition, as explained by the Devs, griefing.

#142 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,469 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

Riiiiight...

Kjudoon: I play Any game mode, because I enjoy being able to find matches in less than half an hour. I don't willingly sacrifice any chance to actually pick up a game, and was one of those who didn't really want TDM in the first place. Mostly because of exactly this issue. That said, I rather enjoy Mode Medley and having different objectives in every match I drop in, and I find it distasteful to have people screaming at me to "STFU AND PLAY ASSAULT" because I don't particularly care for people wasting my time. Sorry if that bothers you, but I don't plan on stopping any time soon.

Shar: And yet here you are, telling me to shut my mouth, sit my ass down, and spectate your match because otherwise I'm BREAKIN' MAH TOS and liable to get kicked so hard I wind up on Neptune. People scream up and down the mountains, all the time, that this is a T33M G@M3. Then maybe...just maybe...you should win or lose as a team, instead of dragging things on and on and on, for no real reason save pride? Especially when you're just as liable to tell me to go and suicide my own fool self in those matches where I'm the last man standing?

Heh...there's the big one, eh? How many of you ToS, I-like-to-ambush-ambush folks have told the last guy on your team to suicide and save everyone some time when that guy isn't you, hm? I'm betting the answer is higher than zero.

Craig: Crack at me all you want. I've seen what I've seen, and as we've established, reporting any single goddamn thing that does not include the word 'hack' to Support accomplishes absolutely nothing. You also do not get to assume that someone who survived in a match longer than I did is somehow automatically 'better' than me. It could very well be that I was in mah Angry Ape that day, busting faces and reaping souls with eighty tons of flying AC/20 devastation, and ended the match with 600 damage and four kills...but since Victors attract a lot of attention, I was clawed down before the rest of my team could clean up. And the last man standing is that g'damned Spider jockey who's gotten forty damage all game, who turns tail and jackrabbits every time he sees anything so much as fart in his general direction. As a very astute fellow player once said: Timidity Is Not a Tactic.

All: Give me an option to honorably retreat from battle. Make PGI put in a Withdraw button - and DO NOT tell me the Withdraw button is Esc>Quit. I should be permitted, as has been stated, to run out of bounds if I wish to retreat from a fight I cannot win. Believe it or not, I don't like suicide-rushing the enemy at the end of a stomp any more than you do - I just respect my fellow players too much to kidnap their 'Mechs for ten minutes to salve my own pride.

#143 Craig Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

View Post1453 R, on 05 March 2014 - 06:48 PM, said:

Riiiiight...

Craig: Crack at me all you want. I've seen what I've seen, and as we've established, reporting any single goddamn thing that does not include the word 'hack' to Support accomplishes absolutely nothing. You also do not get to assume that someone who survived in a match longer than I did is somehow automatically 'better' than me. It could very well be that I was in mah Angry Ape that day, busting faces and reaping souls with eighty tons of flying AC/20 devastation, and ended the match with 600 damage and four kills...but since Victors attract a lot of attention, I was clawed down before the rest of my team could clean up. And the last man standing is that g'damned Spider jockey who's gotten forty damage all game, who turns tail and jackrabbits every time he sees anything so much as fart in his general direction. As a very astute fellow player once said: Timidity Is Not a Tactic.

All: Give me an option to honorably retreat from battle. Make PGI put in a Withdraw button - and DO NOT tell me the Withdraw button is Esc>Quit. I should be permitted, as has been stated, to run out of bounds if I wish to retreat from a fight I cannot win. Believe it or not, I don't like suicide-rushing the enemy at the end of a stomp any more than you do - I just respect my fellow players too much to kidnap their 'Mechs for ten minutes to salve my own pride.

So just for clarity, I never had a 'crack' at you, I highlighted the rules and confirmed for you what PGI, Admin and Mods have all said in addition to the other players here, which is that treason is a breach of the ToS and liable for a penalty (if reported).

You don't like it, I get that. But them's the rules. Deal with it.

I also gave you options to manage it, selecting match choice is the easiest one.

I was not implying you the last guy standing is a 'better player', far from it. That's an assumption by you. I was simply highlighting that if you don't die you will not have the problem you are experiencing. Again, it's your choice which game mode to play and how you want to play the game. No one is going to grief you for playing within the rules.

Personally I do have a problem with people clinging to the view you have expressed. This game allows for multiple tactics and builds and almost infinite options. I believe that just because I haven't thought of every possible scenario that someone who does something different to me must be wrong. I believe I can't possibly know what he / she is trying to do from the limited information the game provides so it is unfair for me to make an assumption based on my limited knowledge.

I prefer to (if my time allows) observe and learn from others to possibly improve my own options in the game. Do I see some idiots, yup. Do I see some good ideas poorly executed, more often than not (gosh how I laughed at the guy who shut down in the middle of the cave instead of ducking up behind the rock / waterfall). But sometimes I see something I never thought of (found a good sniping position on Terra Therma watching a Last Man Standing, even though he didn't use it to shoot).

Point is, I choose to use the time constructivily if my rl time permits, or I press escape. It's in my power to control so I don't need to get angry about it, I just need to choose what to do about it.

So much for my personal thoughts, it's worth nine tenths of stuff all I am sure.

But for the purpose of this thread, if you breach ToS by reporting a Last Man Standing's position it is you who are liable for penalty.

#144 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,469 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:50 PM

*Sigh*

Pretty fantastic system we've got here, that protects the trolls whilst punishing the regular players trying to enjoy their games. Man, we should totally back it up, hundred and ten percent.

#145 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:00 PM

View Post1453 R, on 05 March 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

Pretty fantastic system we've got here, that protects the trolls whilst punishing the regular players trying to enjoy their games. Man, we should totally back it up, hundred and ten percent.

At this point you are making yourself look more the troll than the people you claim are wasting your time (despite a quite ready ability to DROP MATCH - and thus lose neither rewards nor time) :huh:
Because lets face it: "I don't like how he plays therefore he is a TROLL!!!!1111!" is hardly the best way to convince us you are right.

Welcome to the ignore list.

Edited by Shar Wolf, 05 March 2014 - 08:13 PM.

#146 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 05 March 2014 - 08:00 PM, said:

At this point you are making yourself look more the troll than the people you claim are wasting your time (despite a quite ready ability to DROP MATCH - and thus lose neither rewards nor time) :huh:
Because lets face it: "I don't like how he plays therefore he is a TROLL!!!!1111!" is hardly the best way to convince us you are right.

Welcome to the ignore list.

after having MIGO syndrome from too much TL:DR rants...

well... it IS all about him you know. :mellow: Break down everything he's said and it sounds like a kitten going "Meeeeee... meeeeee... meeeeeeee!" My time, My game,

My My My....

We're just squatting in the Skirmishopath's universe illegally taking up space and giving them something to shoot at.

#147 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,469 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:00 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 05 March 2014 - 08:00 PM, said:

Because we all know from the LRM Commandments thread just how well your ignore list works, Shar.

However, very well. Castigate me all you like - as you're clearly already doing. Simply be prepared for me to castigate back, and for me to ask you why you insist on unnaturally prolonging matches you already know for an absolute fact you're going to lose. Because I've seen plenty of folks turn a 3-11 stomp into a 12-11 Come-From-Behind Megawin.

Because somehow spending ten minutes certainly-losing is preferable to taking that same 'Mech into the next match and spending ten minutes maybe-winning, instead? o_O

That's really what gets me about the whole thing. It makes no sense. There's no reason to do it, no gain to be had, no benefit to be derived. The thrill of taking on overwhelming odds can't possibly offset the fact that the overwhelming odds will, in point of fact, actually overwhelm you in the end, can it? How is it possibly worth the time to sit there and burn through the entire match timer instead of taking that 'Mech you're in and going into the next match, that you may actually win?

Edited by 1453 R, 05 March 2014 - 09:03 PM.

#148 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

You are REALLY working to prove yourself a troll aren't you Mr Number?

Because that IS the term for people who quote another when they have been told they are not being listened to.
IE:

"HAY LISTEN!"

#149 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:39 PM

View Post1453 R, on 05 March 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

However, very well. Castigate me all you like - as you're clearly already doing. Simply be prepared for me to castigate back, and for me to ask you why you insist on unnaturally prolonging matches you already know for an absolute fact you're going to lose. Because I've seen plenty of folks turn a 3-11 stomp into a 12-11 Come-From-Behind Megawin.

Because somehow spending ten minutes certainly-losing is preferable to taking that same 'Mech into the next match and spending ten minutes maybe-winning, instead? o_O

That's really what gets me about the whole thing. It makes no sense. There's no reason to do it, no gain to be had, no benefit to be derived. The thrill of taking on overwhelming odds can't possibly offset the fact that the overwhelming odds will, in point of fact, actually overwhelm you in the end, can it? How is it possibly worth the time to sit there and burn through the entire match timer instead of taking that 'Mech you're in and going into the next match, that you may actually win?

Well maybe its because not every player plays to win, they play to perform well. Maybe a personal best for that mech, who knows?

Lets face it, MM throws a few douche balls right, so are you really surprised that there are guys out there that say "If I get 3 kills win or lose I've had a good game".

And so when you and 10 other team mates are dead in 4 minutes he goes screw it, MM stiffed me with newbs but I'm still gunna get my 3 kills and plays his mech / game to its strengths.

Again, you assume you know what that last man standing is doing and you just don't, you can't. There are as many different reasons as there are individuals so we are not going to debate them. He is playing within the rules and while you might not understand, or agree, he is within the rules.

By broadcasting his position you are breaching the rules and hence liable for penalty.

Try to understand this is a multi person player game, it's not all about you and your desire and what you think is everyone elses desire. You need to embrace and accept that some people have different ideas than you.

#150 Ravnis

• PipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:19 PM

Actually just happened to me again now. Team complaining i should just suicide into the enemy mechs followed by a player shouting my location to the enemy. I took screenshots and submitted a ticket against the infraction. It was literally so quick in the match everyone had died we still had 10 minutes left on the clock.

This is how it's going to be from now on. If anyone shouts my coordinates, they are going to be reported. In this game i was not shut down, was not hiding and was asking my teammates if there were any mechs out and alone I could attack when this occurred. It was so blatant that it actually caught me off guard. Players ratting out their teammates in such a fashion is silly. I would never do that to my teammate and to have someone do it because of their own poor game play and unwillingness to have the COURTESY to let another player have their own fun in their game is appalling.

To the players who want to shout out my location. I will report you. I wont think about it, I wont pause to consider you, I will just report you and move on. You're a detriment to a players enjoyment of the game.

Edited by Rex Antilles, 05 March 2014 - 11:20 PM.

#151 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:48 PM

People need to remember Wheaton's Law.

I'm not allowed to type it in here due to my unit's code of conduct, but the language is borderline, and applicable.

http://www.urbandict...eaton%27s%20Law

#152 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:07 AM

Simply play like you have only one life. You fight because you have a mission - killing the other team or capping - but no right minded pilot would suicide with his mech just because a situation is hopeless. The enemy is free to chase you but come on, suiciding because others don't want to wait? The rest of your team let you alone (one could blame them for ending the game faster instead of dragging it out?!) because they died and don't cared for their own life. Players need to read the current situation and act accordingly. Falling back to a better postion e.g.

So dumb when only Lights and fast Mediums are left in a 3:9 game and they brawl between the enemy main group. They have the speed to fight where they want, to make hit&run attacks but they senselessly brawl between a group of bigger mechs to accomplish nothing meaningful.

#153 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:11 AM

Well, what should I say!

Calling out teammates for hiding, after they activly participated in the match is a pretty straight forward violation of the rules, you agreed to abide to when you signed up for MWO. There is nothing anyone can say, that justifies it.

As this thread is discussing this type of rule braking, I'll shut it down!

If you come across a player who is breaching the rules for either non-participation (disengaging after combat to hide is not non-particiaption) or team treason, please report them to support@mwomercs.com, with any evidence you have available, such as (but not limited to):
- Name of player
- Map played
- Date, time and timezone
- Other players involved (witnesses)
- Type of rule violation
- Screenshots
- Links to videos or other material that might prove helpfull for the GMs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users