Dawn Of A New Beginning Between Csj, Cgb And Eventually The Rest Of The Clans And Inner Sphere

729 replies to this topic

#381 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:40 PM

View PostAmarus Cameron, on 23 January 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

...only thing I have an issue with is this "...The Jaguars, contrary to lore, are those noble challengers..." :( we were awesome in lore...crazy mothertruckers who had kurita running scared...so scared they had to actually adapt! (and we all know how much it hurt them to do so ;) )

It depends on your interpretation of the stories. Crazy MFers can be really cool action heros, or {Godwin's Law}, lol.

All of the IS was running scared, for the most part, but Kurita actually did very well adapting their tactics, and were the first real "loss" for the Clans, on Wolcott, where they tricked the Jags into a very poor situation and wound up gaining the first undamaged omnimechs in the invasion.

You guys are much better than the Jags in lore.

#382 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDropping with the 2nd Jaguar Guard

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:21 PM

View PostCimarb, on 23 January 2015 - 08:40 PM, said:

It depends on your interpretation of the stories. Crazy MFers can be really cool action heros, or {Godwin's Law}, lol.

All of the IS was running scared, for the most part, but Kurita actually did very well adapting their tactics, and were the first real "loss" for the Clans, on Wolcott, where they tricked the Jags into a very poor situation and wound up gaining the first undamaged omnimechs in the invasion.

You guys are much better than the Jags in lore.

I appreciate the ego boost. But I loved my Jags in lore, it's hard to see them as not as awesome as my 6 year old self thought they were =P

#383 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:24 PM

View PostAmarus Cameron, on 23 January 2015 - 10:21 PM, said:

I appreciate the ego boost. But I loved my Jags in lore, it's hard to see them as not as awesome as my 6 year old self thought they were =P

lol, I was a Wolf fan as a kid...then I grew up :D

#384 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:04 AM

Posted Image

#385 Von Blumen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:59 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...cks-against-cw/

^this is what CSJ wants to avoid with CGB and this is exactly what the IS houses want.

I am glad we can see through this and the "I am bored" griefers. 72 clan members on both sides tied up in a fight that keeps 72 clan members from pushing south or defending their own worlds from IS advance.

CGB, make your trials swift.

#386 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:28 PM

View PostPeter2000, on 19 January 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

We did *NOT* come in to dictate terms. But CSJ has exactly two offensive fronts (and no active defensive ones). I don't at all see the point in avoiding the second front after the first is effectively won. Kurita consistently gives up on our border once we push the counter high, late. When we so much as suggest opening another front, so we can actually play CW for the faction we're contracted with, we get accused of being evil treaty-breaking merc scum (despite the fact that we make a huge impact on the "real" front, and got our tags up on an ex-Kurita planet the other day).

Clearly, "CSJ" (or Smoke Alliance, or whatever you call yourselves) doesn't want us. Fine, your loss.

I will be lobbying 228th leadership to leave CSJ at our earliest convenience, and never return. Perhaps even show you (and the galaxy) what your uncooperativity and self-importance cost you by joining Kurita and focusing your front. In the meanwhile, I will continue to fight and crush enemies, because that's what I do (something I thought Jaguars were all about?).

/thread

Obviously the real problem here is that CSJ is too large for the borders it has. I am pretty sure their loyalist units can take the one Kurita world a cycle by themselves- no need to have units just sitting around doing nothing. My advice would be to find a faction with multiple attack corridors so there is work for everybody to do.

#387 Von Blumen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:55 PM

View PostDavers, on 24 January 2015 - 04:28 PM, said:

Obviously the real problem here is that CSJ is too large for the borders it has. I am pretty sure their loyalist units can take the one Kurita world a cycle by themselves- no need to have units just sitting around doing nothing. My advice would be to find a faction with multiple attack corridors so there is work for everybody to do.

Nail on the head right here...

#388 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:29 PM

View PostDavers, on 24 January 2015 - 04:28 PM, said:

Might not have been such a problem but three good sized merc units all came at around the same time. Dedicated DCMS premades seemed to simply move to other fronts rather than bother with thr huge influx and work dried up.

#389 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:35 PM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 24 January 2015 - 05:29 PM, said:

Might not have been such a problem but three good sized merc units all came at around the same time. Dedicated DCMS premades seemed to simply move to other fronts rather than bother with thr huge influx and work dried up.

Honestly, that's what I see happening all through out Clan space right now. Lots of big units with very limited attack corridors. Who wants to be in a queue with 100 other pilots when there are open planets to attack? And maybe some of the other big units will respond and everyone will have fun shooting each other?

Personally, I would let the infighting continue to keep the mercs happy. No one is really losing anything, just little colors on a map that the Clans don't even really care about anyway! Better to push south and let the boys blow off some steam in the rear.

#390 Von Blumen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:41 PM

View PostDavers, on 24 January 2015 - 05:35 PM, said:

Honestly, that's what I see happening all through out Clan space right now. Lots of big units with very limited attack corridors. Who wants to be in a queue with 100 other pilots when there are open planets to attack? And maybe some of the other big units will respond and everyone will have fun shooting each other?

Personally, I would let the infighting continue to keep the mercs happy. No one is really losing anything, just little colors on a map that the Clans don't even really care about anyway! Better to push south and let the boys blow off some steam in the rear.

I like this guy!

#391 Prussian Havoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:52 AM

It is my hope, Clan Wolf and Clan Ghost Bear can swiftly work through their issues and that a UNIFIED Clan Drive on Terra can resume in the near future.

We only have through the end of Beta to reach Terra and then New Avalon.

CGB weathered the storm of Inner Sphere Mercenary Alliance, Mercenary Corps Unit attacks (under guise of temporary CSJ-affiliation) with stoicism and resolve, refusing to be tempted into getting bogged down in rear area defenses and attacks.

As Clans, we need to focus our CW efforts toward actual forward movement of the frontline trace with the Inner Sphere and not the loss of CW gaming hours as a result of border skirmishes between Clans... at least those are my thoughts given the limited amount of information available.

If anyone has a some initial reporting on the border skirmishes / Trials on-going between our Trothkin in CGB and our Trothkin in CW, it would be much appreciated.

#392 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:27 AM

That twinge of FRR space (the 3 planet groupings) in GB is mighty tempting though...

#393 Peter2000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:03 AM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 25 January 2015 - 12:52 AM, said:

It is my hope, Clan Wolf and Clan Ghost Bear can swiftly work through their issues and that a UNIFIED Clan Drive on Terra can resume in the near future.

We only have through the end of Beta to reach Terra and then New Avalon.

CGB weathered the storm of Inner Sphere Mercenary Alliance, Mercenary Corps Unit attacks (under guise of temporary CSJ-affiliation) with stoicism and resolve, refusing to be tempted into getting bogged down in rear area defenses and attacks.

As Clans, we need to focus our CW efforts toward actual forward movement of the frontline trace with the Inner Sphere and not the loss of CW gaming hours as a result of border skirmishes between Clans... at least those are my thoughts given the limited amount of information available.

If anyone has a some initial reporting on the border skirmishes / Trials on-going between our Trothkin in CGB and our Trothkin in CW, it would be much appreciated.

So what it sounds like is that your top priority is a march to Terra. Fair enough. The point every recently-joined group on here is making is: We're doing that, with ease.

When there's no more work to be done on that front, why not put a little pressure on our neighbors and get some games and win some glory?

#394 Volkodav

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,361 posts
  • LocationЯрославль. RDL.

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:30 PM

...border skirmishes / Trials on-going between our Trothkin in CGB and our Trothkin in CW...

#395 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:06 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 25 January 2015 - 01:27 AM, said:

That twinge of FRR space (the 3 planet groupings) in GB is mighty tempting though...

CGB.

To my way of thinking, those three planets represent a great source of potential friction and instability. If at the very worst time (say on the last day of 228 and REM's contract in another 4 or so days) another UNSANCTIONED attack on the last planet between CSJ Space and the pocket of FRR were to be successfully carried out, CSJ would find itself thrust into a situation with two very active Fronts.

Consider if you would the above situation occurring, AND 228 and REM then return to FRR...???... CSJ would find itself in a particularly precarious position.

I have supreme confidence that CSJ ((after 228 and REM 2-week contract is complete and they move back to the Inner Sphere) can match up to and have epic CW matches against the best DCMS-effort that House Kurita can bring to bare. I have always admired our House Kuriat fellow gamers and look forward to each planet we contend over.

However, if a situation as I described above (228 and REM leading an FRR offensive out of the 3-planet pocket) were to be thrust upon us, I would advocate for a single day truce with House Kurita.

That is right, a Kurita truce lasting 1 day / the three cycles it would take to completely reduce that pocket to nothing, thus eliminating a thorn in the side of our CGB ally and forever ending the instability and friction that these FRR planets represent to CSJ.

Why might House Kurita be open to a possible truce?

It will come down to a question of honor, and will House Kurita choose to side with ISMA surrogates operating principals in FRR and always in support of FRR.

Some of the same Mercenaries who incited CSJ toward War with CGB in our forums and unilaterally invaded CGB planets have been uber-active in Kurita threads cultivating influence with the Dragon:

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4119885
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4116353
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4112019
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4114547

If Kurita's situation is so very dire that Kurita High Command openly condones and actively supports Mercenary duplicity in crafting through fifth columnist a second front to disrupt CSJ - - - then so be it. It will just be a unique and challenging facet of CSJ's liberation of Terra along the line of march to New Avalon.

In the case of an ISMA / Kurita "Axis," in my opinion CSJ should strive to FIRST eliminate the 3-planet FRR threat before redoubling our efforts on the Kurita front. The rationale behind this is that if given our maximum attention, even if high-profile ISMA Mercenary Corps Units use the FRR cluster of 3-planets as a base from which to attack CSJ, I believe a concerted CSJ limited offensive could eliminate the FRR pocket in one day (3-cycles) or perhaps 2-days (6-cycles.)

In this course of action, CSJ would need to appeal to Trothkin in Clan Ghost Bear, Clan Wolf and Clan Jade Falcon for a great deal of Clan Common Defense assistance in order to best hold off deprivations of the Dragon on Smoke Jaguar worlds while we complete focused reduction of the 3-planet FRR pocket.

Once this reduction is complete, secure in the sure knowledge that our flank with CGB is secure once again, CSJ can regain any subsequently lost opportunities along the line of march to Terra.

Besides the relentless March on Terra / New. Avalon, the single most important CSJ consideration IMO is the overriding imperative to maintain the peace with CGB. There is not a doubt in my mind that the aggregate CGB leadership / gamers will honor their peace with CSJ... now there will be dissenting opinions with a very few Units from both sides likely to occasionally desire Trials between Clans of one nature or another. But it is possible to mitigate these sporadic occurrences without a reactionary jeopardizing of the Peace.

Crafting a Strategic Perspective, ensuing timely communication between (and within) each Clan and ALWAYS looking to build context to facilitate a full,understanding of a circumstance BEFORE rushing to action.

These precepts, if generally followed will further empower efforts and tactical actions under OPN CLAN UNITY (http://mwomercs.com/...ion-clan-unity/)

Remember only a very small relative minority of Clan gamers have currently lost focus and are feuding with their Trothkin. I also have NO DOUBT that Machiavellian-actions of the Inner Sphere Mercenary Alliance (ISMA) are using these temporarily distracted Clan gamers as a small set of "Catpaws" (http://en.m.wikipedi...iki/Cat%27s_paw) to delay Clan progress toward Terra.

I call on ALL my Clan Trothkin, whether you be Ghost Bear, Wolf or Jade Falcon, to cast the ISMA scales from our own eyes and to help our temporarily mis-purposes fellow Clan gamers to do the same.

With CLAN UNITY as only a guide, let us redouble our cooperative and collaborative efforts and take not just Terra but New Avalon... as well as ALL the Capitals of the Inner Sphere.

Let's bring the Clan Invasion to the Houses of Marik, Liao and Davion, for they will surely share the same fate as Rasalhague and Luthien - enveloped in Clan Space... small islands of largely House-centered, parochial concerns unable to work together in an effective manner during MWO CW Beta.

If we do this well enough my Trothkin, the Inner Sphere will have to adapt better tactics, with a greater likelihood that IS gamers will gravitate to the leadership of IS gamers who proved themselves despite losing Terra to us during the Beta.

An Inner Sphere with better tactics and consolidated down on proven leaders will present to our Clans a much better fight once CW Beta is complete and the map is reset at Launch.

Beta has been a blast... but 2-4 months of further PGI refinement will see a truly epic BattleTech experience for all of us this late Spring/Summer (IMHO.)

View PostPeter2000, on 25 January 2015 - 07:03 AM, said:

So what it sounds like is that your top priority is a march to Terra. Fair enough. The point every recently-joined group on here is making is: We're doing that, with ease.

When there's no more work to be done on that front, why not put a little pressure on our neighbors and get some games and win some glory?

Excellent question, that is simple to answer.

The Clans are a unifying Faction unto ourselves, why would we commit Factioncide when we can look to the heart of MWO Community Warfare and ensure our side - the Clans win?

Patience, planning and preparation WILL see one side, the Clans or the Inner Sphere ACTUALLY win this Beta?

Now ask yourselves, which side has the better chance to win?

Will the Clans reach Terra?

Or will the Inner Sphere Houses and ISMA prevent the Clans from gaining contiguous Space with Terra?

I know where my vote lies... with the Clans.

PGI needs to tweak this next IS quirk pass to provide the IS with an AC Brawler to compliment the Thunderbolt 9S and the Resistance Pack should be the DECISIVE quirked #GameChanger for The Inner Sphere so that CW Launch is a more competitive gaming experience.

Quineg?

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 25 January 2015 - 02:48 PM.

#396 T K O

• PipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:39 PM

It's a game. I prefer to play it, instead of work on it.

#397 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:18 PM

View Posttkospec5, on 25 January 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

It's a game. I prefer to play it, instead of work on it.

Military retirement on this end... gaming thusly is so much more preferable than anything else atm.

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 25 January 2015 - 06:59 PM.

#398 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:01 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 25 January 2015 - 01:27 AM, said:

Indeed, please do take Polcenigo. I really want you to do that***. I may not speak for CGB as a whole but as far as I am concerned you can take that backwater world to get to those 3 elusive FRR planets. Sure the map may look weird but that will allow all clans to brutally assault FRR holdings at the same time as one united force.

*** I almost find it fitting that the infighting that FRR units tried to establish by hopping over to CSJ and attacking our border would ultimately hurt them in the long run. My unit though small will make no attempts to stop you on your path to kill some hold out space vikings. It also all but assures the algorithm will take us to Terra.

Edited by Chagatay, 25 January 2015 - 07:04 PM.

#399 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:03 PM

View PostChagatay, on 25 January 2015 - 07:01 PM, said:

Indeed, please do take Polcenigo. I really want you to do that***. I may not speak for CGB as a whole but as far as I am concerned you can take that backwater world to get to those 3 elusive FRR planets. Sure the map may look weird but that will allow all clans to brutally assault FRR holdings at the same time as one united force.

*** I almost find it fitting that the infighting that FRR units tried to establish by hopping over to CSJ and attacking our border would ultimately hurt them in the long run.

once we finished taking the three isolated worlds it would just end our involvement with the FRR.

#400 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:37 PM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 25 January 2015 - 07:03 PM, said:

once we finished taking the three isolated worlds it would just end our involvement with the FRR.

Rumors of wormhole technology left by Marik forces on Thondheim. But there is only one way to be sure....
Hopefully it will take you straight to the capital region to join us at the front.

Edited by Chagatay, 25 January 2015 - 09:38 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users