Cheaters In Mwo?

62 replies to this topic

#1 TLxB

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 59 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:37 PM

I recently joined a Kurita unit with only 10 members,the leader said me that this game has plenty of cheaters when i thought that this game is decent. PGI knows that facts???? Cheats like ultra alphas that a nova can kill a dire wolf on one shot,and ultra armor that resist double hits. This is that he tells me about those cheats and cheaters in MWO. So well,that words are true??? MWO have plenty of cheaters???? This is the cause i cant do good work with my Locust???? Because an afk Adder get killed by me in the back with 3 shoots of 2 srm 4 and later another Adder get 5 shoots in the back from me and still up in the battlefield. That Adder supposed to be a cheater????

Edited by TLxB, 24 May 2015 - 11:37 PM.

#2 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:51 PM

View PostTLxB, on 24 May 2015 - 11:37 PM, said:

I recently joined a Kurita unit with only 10 members,the leader said me that this game has plenty of cheaters when i thought that this game is decent. PGI knows that facts???? Cheats like ultra alphas that a nova can kill a dire wolf on one shot,and ultra armor that resist double hits. This is that he tells me about those cheats and cheaters in MWO. So well,that words are true??? MWO have plenty of cheaters???? This is the cause i cant do good work with my Locust???? Because an afk Adder get killed by me in the back with 3 shoots of 2 srm 4 and later another Adder get 5 shoots in the back from me and still up in the battlefield. That Adder supposed to be a cheater????

Virtually all of the ones you mentioned don't exist. No jokes 99% of all claims of cheating come from people who don't know what's going on.

For example. I dropped 2 AC20 shells into a Kitfox today, and they didn't deal any damage, even though I saw them explode. He wasn't cheating. That was HSR having a hiccup, causing my bullets to not calculate, it's a 1 in a 1000 chance, but it happens.

Another example was when I was shooting at an enemy DWF, from long range, but he wasn't feeling my shots, and I was getting no damage registration. When I moved forward, there was an entire building that wasn't rendered, so I was seeing the DWF, when I shouldn't have, but I was dealing him any damage. On the other hand, the DWF pilot that I was cheating with hacks, because I knew where he was even though I shouldn't have.

No jokes, anyone that yells out cheaters, is statistically wrong, and usually wasn't paying attention to their mech. I had an Atlas accuse me of cheating, because I killed him from behind in one alpha with my Nova. What he didn't know, is that I hit him with 3 shots, and I had 2 firestarters with me. We were chewing on his back for several seconds, he didn't pay attention, until the last second, and thought it was one shot that killed him.

Sometimes, the damage doll doesn't update immediately for people. So they think their Right arm is fine when it has 1 hp left, then a small laser touches it, and suddenly, it's destroyed. They immediately think "CHEATER HAXXoRRR". 99.9999% of the time, people are wrong.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 24 May 2015 - 11:51 PM.

#3 Machinae Mortis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:58 PM

Don't believe everything you hear. Talk like this is a natural consequence of the very public stoning of certain individuals. Don't perpetuate the craze by buying into it. Cheaters are a very rare thing in MWO.

The difference between one fight to the next was either related to accuracy or latency. Not cheating.

#4 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:05 AM

Also, some people stand still. I have taken out an atlas with one shot of a six ER medium volley. Atlas cockpit is in the left eye. if you never move your mech, I will stand and tank your shots in order to line up the easy kill.

I have done this thing, and it was not cheating. Drop on the training maps, and test the dummy mechs for cockpit locations. Still really hard to hit on a moving mech, but when someone powers down, try going for the easy kill. It can help.

~Leone, Raid Leader of the Crimson Hand.

Edited by Leone, 25 May 2015 - 01:06 AM.

#5 nagdamnit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:29 AM

wow it didn't take us long to stick our heads back in our arses again I see.

The fact is, we have absolutely no idea how many cheaters are active in the game. We may hope that modpud was an exception or a one off, but we haven't a clue. Cheating is rife in every other FPS game out there and they have anti-cheat engines.

Me thinks there are plenty of cheaters (it would be naive to think otherwise), but I'm happy to ignore them to be honest. I don't play this one seriously and so I still enjoy the game.

Edited by nagdamnit, 25 May 2015 - 01:29 AM.

#6 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:42 AM

View Postnagdamnit, on 25 May 2015 - 01:29 AM, said:

wow it didn't take us long to stick our heads back in our arses again I see.

The fact is, we have absolutely no idea how many cheaters are active in the game. We may hope that modpud was an exception or a one off, but we haven't a clue. Cheating is rife in every other FPS game out there and they have anti-cheat engines.

Me thinks there are plenty of cheaters (it would be naive to think otherwise), but I'm happy to ignore them to be honest. I don't play this one seriously and so I still enjoy the game.

Yeah... I would not say 'very rare' but fishy stuff happens...
From Direwolfs that almost never miss and always know where you are at. (by never miss means they can still even when you are in their blind spot repeatedly)
To people knowing too much...

Used to turned a blind eye to this.. Thinking this was 'skill'..... Modpud incident was proven other wise.. (Some people even have the balls to cheat in 1v1 tournies.)
If other 'top tier pilots' can't hit you range consistently at range from their gauss mechs... No way unknown nobodys can consistently when you zig zaging dodging and sweving in cover in a light.

I would say cheating is rare in MWO but not very rare any more.

Edited by ShinVector, 25 May 2015 - 01:44 AM.

#7 Prof RJ Gumby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:43 AM

IraqiWalker -> the building wasn't rendered? Just wow, never seen such thing, even though the game stutters sometimes on my old PC.

TLxB -> as to the adders you mentioned - two things might have caused that. One is the amount of rear armor they had. Second is the spread of your shots - srms are generally not really precise, especially if shot at small mechs, thus I'm sure some of those shot went for side torsos. Theoretically even two perfectly placed shots of 2xsrm4 in the back should be enough to kill and adder. But, as a fan of srms, I can assure you that fortunately, this practically never happens.

Mechs in fact arent too durable in theory. Adders have like 22-30 internal CT structure, depending on the model. If everybody was a perfect shot, they would die like flies. But 99% of the time the damage spreads over various components, making them loose armor, limbs and fight on.

#8 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:06 AM

Walker is quite right.
Hilltops and crystall outcroppings on Turmaline, building parts and appendices on crimson straight, the pillars in the cellar of HPG and on top of HPG Manifold, the costal Buildings at the habor side of Rivercity viewed from the palace....all good examples of slopy rendered LODs revealing enemys standing behind them when you have the right distance ( you can't shoot them but you can see them )
So there are no wallhacks ... no need for them MWO has them build in :P

On the other hand there are still some spots where you can shoot right through a building section and so on.
There is simply no reason for cheating in MWO if you know the maps and if you know how to use them.
One should think most cheating accusations either come from observations related to the above mentioned, related to distorted hitboxes while jumping or falling, or due to the allmighty HSR.

Edited by The Basilisk, 25 May 2015 - 02:06 AM.

#9 TLxB

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 59 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:16 AM

Okay,u saved me from abandon MWO. So this Kurita unit leader was wrong,im going to say him,because he thinks that MWO is full of cheaters and said me that he doesnt stay a lot more time on MWO for this reason and he prefer mech warrior 4 than the online D:

#10 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:19 AM

Independent of your unit leader being right or wrong TLxB, do yourself a favor and read the threads in the rules sub forum:
http://mwomercs.com/...les-guidelines/

Specifically this one:
http://mwomercs.com/...nduct-expanded/

And then continue with these announcements:
http://mwomercs.com/...party-programs/
http://mwomercs.com/...on-cheat-tools/

#11 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:32 AM

View PostProf RJ Gumby, on 25 May 2015 - 01:43 AM, said:

IraqiWalker -> the building wasn't rendered? Just wow, never seen such thing, even though the game stutters sometimes on my old PC.

My machine needs an upgrade to be considered a toaster. It's that bad. I play at 16 Fps on the best of days. Here are a couple of things that I've noticed on my machine:

1- At long distance, a lot of things don't render, including entire building (So I actually see what's behind them).

2- At long distance, reflections appear in water regardless of cover. So I even if I can't see you because of terrain or whatever. If you are close enough to the water line, your reflection in the water will show, and I will still get to know EXACTLY where you are. Tracked a stalker on the far side of Forest colony from spawn until he went into the far cover in the water, without having a line of sight to him, because his reflection was rendering in the water, anyways.

#12 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:35 AM

There are no cheats that modify the damage you deal or your armour. Accusations based on doing more or less damage than you "should" can be safely ignored.

An aimbot and a maphack have been confirmed to exist and at least one player has been banned for using them, but their usage appears very rare. The aimbot gives less of an advantage, and often people who are suspected of using aimbots are just genuinely good or lucky, so you shouldn't jump into conclusions too eagerly when aiming is concerned. The maphack is the more dangerous one, and someone consistently seeming to know what they should not know about the enemy is worth getting suspicious about.

#13 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:42 AM

Well, as a lot of people who replied already, a lot of the cheating claims come from people who do not know the full facts of each 'Mechs and their abilities (with limited knowledge of engine upgrades etc) but it is also true that a lot of people do use hacks in the game and it is fairly easy to spot them (I once saw a Dire Wolf running 3xfaster than is normally impossible for such an Assault 'Mech and far more armour than would normally be able to be equipped, even with ferro fibrous and endo steel, but lately, those people are far and few between, but then with any online game, you will always get people who use hacks and cheats, but rem
Ember that with MWO, compared to other online games, the crack down on cheats has improved considerably, but still a slight problem, but not a major as it once was.
Personally, cheaters gain a lot in their time for hacks and such, but will ultimately get caught and banned, so the best the rest of us can do is just deal with them (or stay out of their way)while the staff work on resolving the hack issues.
Still, being a video game, I do not much care about hackers and cheats. I just play for the fun of it and while I have only been playing for 15 weeks, give or take, half the fun of the game, for me, whenever a 'Mech is destroyed is its death throws. (A few matches ago, this morning, I got killed on Crimson Straight while on the bridge and loved how my Raven just fell head of backwards off the bridge and landed on its head :-p While another match last night (around this time), I was on the Mining Collective Map and got killed,, and could not help but laugh out loud when I was succummbed to my damage and my 'Mech died leaning upright against an antenna, looking like a lifeless statue.
Just 'Mechs dying, I enjoy watching, how each indiviual 'Mech kill dies in some very funny ways...

Yeah, I know, small things amuse small minds xd

#14 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:45 AM

View PostLeif Tanner, on 25 May 2015 - 02:42 AM, said:

Well, as a lot of people who replied already, a lot of the cheating claims come from people who do not know the full facts of each 'Mechs and their abilities (with limited knowledge of engine upgrades etc) but it is also true that a lot of people do use hacks in the game and it is fairly easy to spot them (I once saw a Dire Wolf running 3xfaster than is normally impossible for such an Assault 'Mech and far more armour than would normally be able to be equipped, even with ferro fibrous and endo steel, but lately, those people are far and few between, but then with any online game, you will always get people who use hacks and cheats, but rem
Ember that with MWO, compared to other online games, the crack down on cheats has improved considerably, but still a slight problem, but not a major as it once was.
Personally, cheaters gain a lot in their time for hacks and such, but will ultimately get caught and banned, so the best the rest of us can do is just deal with them (or stay out of their way)while the staff work on resolving the hack issues.
Still, being a video game, I do not much care about hackers and cheats. I just play for the fun of it and while I have only been playing for 15 weeks, give or take, half the fun of the game, for me, whenever a 'Mech is destroyed is its death throws. (A few matches ago, this morning, I got killed on Crimson Straight while on the bridge and loved how my Raven just fell head of backwards off the bridge and landed on its head :-p While another match last night (around this time), I was on the Mining Collective Map and got killed,, and could not help but laugh out loud when I was succummbed to my damage and my 'Mech died leaning upright against an antenna, looking like a lifeless statue.
Just 'Mechs dying, I enjoy watching, how each indiviual 'Mech kill dies in some very funny ways...

Yeah, I know, small things amuse small minds xd

I remember that DWF. I saw it. It moved super fast immediately after it's pilot disconnected. Alping peaks, went from the hill to the bottom in under 30 seconds. I don't think that was a hack, so much as a glitch, since the pilot was disconnected.

#15 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:57 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 25 May 2015 - 02:45 AM, said:

I remember that DWF. I saw it. It moved super fast immediately after it's pilot disconnected. Alping peaks, went from the hill to the bottom in under 30 seconds. I don't think that was a hack, so much as a glitch, since the pilot was disconnected.

Yeah, you are right, the Alpine Peaks Dire Wolf, surprised you saw that one yourself haha xd.
Still, cheaters and hackers always end up getting up so until the staff work around this, the best we all can do right now is wait them out.

I just do not seriously why people feel it necessary to cheat.hack. I mean, it is only a video game, so why people do those things is beyond me when there is no logal reason for it, save for wanting to increase their kill ratio and rank up the C-Bills they get.personally, I just play for fun. Anyone who feels the need to hack and cheat just to get ahead in the game just do not how how to play as a Real MechWarrior and so stoop (stupidly) to trying to advantage.
I feel sorry for people who have to resort to such measures. They do not belong in the cockpit of a'Mech, but rather, I think of them as bandit scum (excuse my language there, sorry).

#16 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:00 AM

View PostLeif Tanner, on 25 May 2015 - 02:57 AM, said:

Yeah, you are right, the Alpine Peaks Dire Wolf, surprised you saw that one yourself haha xd.
Still, cheaters and hackers always end up getting up so until the staff work around this, the best we all can do right now is wait them out.

I just do not seriously why people feel it necessary to cheat.hack. I mean, it is only a video game, so why people do those things is beyond me when there is no logal reason for it, save for wanting to increase their kill ratio and rank up the C-Bills they get.personally, I just play for fun. Anyone who feels the need to hack and cheat just to get ahead in the game just do not how how to play as a Real MechWarrior and so stoop (stupidly) to trying to advantage.
I feel sorry for people who have to resort to such measures. They do not belong in the cockpit of a'Mech, but rather, I think of them as bandit scum (excuse my language there, sorry).

Some people measure their worth by what they can do in these video games, because outside, they don't have much, in many cases. Some do it because they think they can get away with it, and others do it for the lulz.

#17 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:10 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 25 May 2015 - 03:00 AM, said:

Some people measure their worth by what they can do in these video games, because outside, they don't have much, in many cases. Some do it because they think they can get away with it, and others do it for the lulz.

So true, what you say. Still, I never did understand why people join games just to cheat, when it is a lot more challenging and exciting to build your 'Mech up yourself. Sure, it takes a fair time, but it is honest.... A shame a handful of people are too impatient.

Edit (kind of a belayed edit, sorry, so bear with me if you have the patience, since almost every multiplayer game these days, be it kMWOMercs.com, several affilliated games from Bigpoint (DarkOrbit - if I am allowed to mentioned to mentionnother mmorpg games on the MWO forums.

Any online multiplayer game, which these days is floodong the internet, you find players on mu
Tiple websites who seek outj cheats and jhaxks just to get ahead of the cokmpetition to raise their scores amd special achievents juat to get kto get a leg up on players who are unable to pay real money to increase their get a slight advantage over other players who cannot afford to pay; I suspect that hthe cheats and hacks are primarily used so they the more people who use hacks and cheats do so primarily just so they can raise their kill count (in their statistics page) just so they can earn 2xor 3x or even 4x more enemy kills on each map.
To me, hacks and cheats tell me just one thing: the impatience of some players to rank up they kill points and start to roll in the C-Bills, but really, I can understand why some people would choose the cheat and hack. I realise a lot of the misssions are difficult, and to be sure, the C-Bill rewards are not verygood, but how how can anyone who chooses to cheat or use hac, yet, it takes the fun out of the game, not to mention the fun and enjoyment of playing.
MWO is difficult, granted, what with all the mechs and maps (some of them downright stupid, like Veridian Bog), but if I am a lot of other people are determined to push through the maps without cheats or hacks, it takes away the magic (so to speak) and skills of players when they flaunt the system just to get a slight advantageover opponents in-game, when really, if people had patience and were willing to fight on the maps without the hacks and cheats, then MWO would be a lot more balanced and fair to everyone else is honest enough to play the game without the need to resort to such devious means.

I really hope that the staff take the time to work on these cheats and hacks to balance the game out properly, because those types of cheats are just bringing down MWO and ruining it for the real players who play failrly.

Edited by Leif Tanner, 25 May 2015 - 12:55 PM.

#18 Prof RJ Gumby

• The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:10 AM

On a side note, many hackusations of the "he always knew where I was" type are a result of this thing:
http://mwo.gamepedia.../Seismic_Sensor
OP as hell imho. Should be nerfed or have some countermeasures (seismic jammer or whatever).

Edited by Prof RJ Gumby, 25 May 2015 - 03:11 AM.

#19 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:21 AM

One reason for the cheating claims seems to be the way CW doesn't have a matchmaker.

In normal pug and group queue matches, people mostly get matched against roughly their skill level opponents. In CW, you can get matched against anybody. When the disparity in experience and skill between players is great, it may seem like cheats to some. At least I tend to see wild cheating accusations in CW much more often than in other game modes, and assume this to be the cause.

#20 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:30 PM

View PostKyynele, on 25 May 2015 - 03:21 AM, said:

One reason for the cheating claims seems to be the way CW doesn't have a matchmaker.

In normal pug and group queue matches, people mostly get matched against roughly their skill level opponents. In CW, you can get matched against anybody. When the disparity in experience and skill between players is great, it may seem like cheats to some. At least I tend to see wild cheating accusations in CW much more often than in other game modes, and assume this to be the cause.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a big gun. - Maxim 24

For the purposes of MWO: Any sufficiently skilled player is indistinguishable from a cheater.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users