That would be more around 300-400MC I'd say, ~2 $

I get it
A mechbay is 300MC
Tines 4
Is 1200
But I have to own the mechbays before I can put mechs in them
and then I have to buy some more "mechbays" for FP

View Postwolf74, on 23 August 2016 - 08:01 PM, said:

1,200MC = about $1.28 US, skip one cup of Starbucks coffee and you can do that 3 times over.

Hope that was sarcasm
Otherwise you have to skip whatever you're drinking

1250 MC = 6.95 USD

#62 DoomRide

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:31 PM

So far havn't seen anyone mention this. You can't build one IS drop deck and one Clan drop deck when Merc with an IS faction... Seems a bit odd. I understand not being able to USE the second drop deck, but full lockout because of faction? Meh.

Yea clan and IS decks not possible in merc? Derp.

Edited by DoomRide, 23 August 2016 - 09:32 PM.

#63 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:37 PM

if you made either deck 1/4 of that price, it would still be too expensive.

#64 DoomRide

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:39 PM

So something good from this drop deck.

You can't build a drop deck of IS if you are contracted for CLAN and visa versa. BUT contract IS, then contract Clan making each deck and you can now field either IS or Clan no matter who you are contracted with!

So far only tested Mercs for this.

Edited by DoomRide, 23 August 2016 - 09:40 PM.

#65 Kubernetes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:41 PM

It's not even the cost--it's that I'm now forced to spend MC if I want to play FW effectively.

#66 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:42 PM

$7 for a tab that should be free is a lot

Whoever said they should charge for them are silly people

#67 SQW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:51 PM

You'd have to pay me 1200MCs first to play FW.

#68 smokytehbear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationThe Heat Lab

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:18 PM

View PostXetelian, on 23 August 2016 - 09:42 PM, said:

$7 for a tab that should be free is a lot

Whoever said they should charge for them are silly people

I suggested that. Like 5 months ago, I remember creating a thread suggesting that.

What I didn't suggest?
  • Costing 4x the price of a mech bay. I think I had said 50-100 MC? I don't remember.
  • Removing the pre-existing mech choice option. Don't know why "adding" features is so hard for PGI.
  • Making it virtually necessary for you to own several of these to not be handicapped in some way.
  • Combining all of the above to drive even more people away from a dying game mode.
  • Combining all of the above to drive even more people away from a dying game.
It's gotten to the point where I cringe before even reading the patch notes, wondering what horrors I will uncover. Seriously, I don't think there's been a clean patch that hasn't pissed me off in some way or another this entire year.

Edited by smokytehbear, 23 August 2016 - 11:18 PM.

#69 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:46 PM

1200 is rather steep, as in I'm not paying that kind of money for something I'm not playing until the jesus gun is severely reduced in damage, half of stupid is still stupid..

Hell, not paying 1200 if it does get fixed..

600 I'd find acceptable, until then I'll make do with two

View PostKubernetes, on 23 August 2016 - 09:41 PM, said:

It's not even the cost--it's that I'm now forced to spend MC if I want to play FW effectively.

that happens in any case.

Still why waste breath, don't buy them.

They will either make no revenue, or be forced to reduce the price until people do.

Same as housing but on a smaller scale if someone puts a house on the market for $40,000 more than it was a year ago, and people are stupid enough to pay it, that then becomes the standard price for that kind of property

Edited by Cathy, 23 August 2016 - 11:50 PM.

#70 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:42 AM

If i want one, i think i could spare 7 bucks.... Or just wait for a sale down the road.

I will say, for Quick play though, i'd love IT.. I'd be happy to pay 7 bucks to make a drop deck, that i could choose my mech once the map/mode was chosen. (sure you would most likely be stuck with the same weight class) But that is fine with me.. i'd pay 15-20 bucks to unlock a few slots to have a couple mech options.

I keep looking at it like this.. How much is my fun worth, and how much in the past did i pay for online games.. Even if i sink 200 bucks into mech packs this year will. , I've gotten so much more value out of this game, that any game i've bought in the last 5 years, outside of Civ V, and CKII. (i think between the two of them i spent about as much as this as the only 3 games that i have gotten 700+ hours of fun out of in that time),..

Edited by JC Daxion, 24 August 2016 - 12:45 AM.

#71 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:52 AM

Probably should add it to the prize pool for supply caches (rare item). I can only see a win-win situation for PGI.

#72 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:52 AM

Yes, I completely understand now.
But why, I still don't know.
Another question:
•fw sucks according to most of you
•fw has low player count according to you
•you don't even play fw

But yet you whinge whine and ***** about something of such a low importance that one may think Christmas and doomsday have been simultaneously yesterday.
The community even suggested to pgi to monetize that bs.
Everyone that is playing this game and is not completely dense could have guessed that the DD's are priced the way they are now.
This 'outrage' is one for it's own sake.
Did pgi fu.. It up again?
Hell, yeah. For sure they did.
Did you expect anything else?

#73 smokytehbear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationThe Heat Lab

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:47 AM

View Postkesmai, on 24 August 2016 - 12:52 AM, said:

Yes, I completely understand now.
But why, I still don't know.
Another question:
•fw sucks according to most of you
•fw has low player count according to you
•you don't even play fw

But yet you whinge whine and ***** about something of such a low importance that one may think Christmas and doomsday have been simultaneously yesterday.
The community even suggested to pgi to monetize that bs.
Everyone that is playing this game and is not completely dense could have guessed that the DD's are priced the way they are now.
This 'outrage' is one for it's own sake.
Did pgi fu.. It up again?
Hell, yeah. For sure they did.
Did you expect anything else?

When you're already at the breaking point from the trainwreck of persistent bad decisions that MWO has become, adding a tiny bit of stress is all you need.

I don't fit the above category. I (used to) play FW regularly and although it had its problems, it was good enough for me. I have 7 70-ton mechs all configured optimally for different maps in FW. For me to still be able to switch through these it would cost me what, $40? Are you even allowed to purchase that many dropdecks?

It's the classic failure from PGI. Good premise, good mechanics that are only positive, and then they have to throw in something random where it hurts everyone who didn't want it (minimap debacle for reference). Why can we not adjust our mechs on the fly again? Totally unnecessary penalty being lodged at the few people who still cared about this aspect of the game. The idea to charge your remaining few customers way more, to make up for all the ones that already left your store, is not a thing. Well, it wasn't until they did it here. And it won't be again, after this game crashes and burns.

#74 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:50 AM

View PostNovakaine, on 23 August 2016 - 02:49 PM, said:

What the hell is wrong with people?

They are complaining about the cost of a feature most claim they do not participate in, drop decks for CW.

Then the same people, in most cases, want the extra drop decks for free for a feature that they do not play in.

Rather funny.

#75 smokytehbear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationThe Heat Lab

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:54 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 24 August 2016 - 02:50 AM, said:

They are complaining about the cost of a feature most claim they do not participate in, drop decks for CW.

Then the same people, in most cases, want the extra drop decks for free for a feature that they do not play in.

Rather funny.

Good one. Any proof your generalized "They" actually don't participate in CW? Didn't think so, but glad we could make you laugh.

#76 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:18 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 24 August 2016 - 02:50 AM, said:

Rather funny.

Many players been pushed away from CW by Phase 3 and its wonderful mechanism of 2 minute orbital strikes, unit taxes, and other "improvements". Many however had looked at saved dropped decks as a feature that might give them reason to come back and give CW a try again. Finally no need to try and scan through your 200 mechs to set up for a Vitric attack after a Boreal defense, only to have the timer count down before you managed to save. Ya, I was looking forward to giving it a try, despite my disdain for what CW has become.

The fact that it is finally here is a wonderful thing. But to learn that you cannot change the decks in the lobby is a negative no one foresaw and is clearly a "feature" that is designed to force you toward purchasing more decks. At 1200MC a pop. So once again you have something that could have been an unmitigated positive. Something that if done right, could have been seen as a feature designed to increase user enjoyment of a mode and perhaps one that could be used as a springboard for some enthusiasm to get folks back in. What we have instead is just another way many folks feel PGI is being at best greedy and at worst contemptuous of those still playing the mode.

No one will stop you from dropping 2400 MC for two more invasion decks. By all means show PGI how great you think the mode is and buy those "extra" decks, and while your at it double up and get the scouting decks too since you undoubtedly want to support PGI and their efforts here. Good for you. Speak with your wallet, and those of us who think this is a lame cash grab will keep ours closed. To each his own.

Edited by Bud Crue, 24 August 2016 - 03:19 AM.

#77 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:50 AM

Just to clarify for those that didn't catch what I've said several times in two different threads and may not know me:

I only play in QP if there is an event that has no FP component, the QP drops that will show in the leaderboard stats are those very matches. The instant I complete the challenges I go back to "trying" to get FP matches and usually spend an hour cursing at having to go through the mind numbing, grabbag of stupidity that is QP.

So when I complain about something that I feel is hurting the one, last game mode that I truly enjoy, then you can be assured i'm doing so from the frontlines of the Faction Play queues and not while playing Ark or Total War:Warhammer.

This addition of a paywall to a basic component for FP will hurt the gamemode. It already struggles to draw in players, a lot of which is due to the negativity on these forums and while I am loathe to add to it, I do not predict anything but this "feature" doing harm to the population in an already small community of dedicated players.

Let me ask you this: would you have prefered a new map or gamemode to have been added to FP? Or are you satisfied with having to pay for a "feature" that adds a slight increase of convenience while simultaneously removing your choices (flexibilty)? Bareing in mind that the greater flexibilty and lesser convenience cost nothing 24 hours ago but is no longer an option.

#78 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:55 AM

This just came in short of what, almost 2 years too late? Nobody needs drop decks now that the game mode is dead.

#79 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:56 AM

I'm with you there Pug.
The struggle not to completely abandon all hope for our beloved trainwreck is real.

#80 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 24 August 2016 - 04:11 AM

View Postsmokytehbear, on 24 August 2016 - 02:54 AM, said:

Good one. Any proof your generalized "They" actually don't participate in CW? Didn't think so, but glad we could make you laugh.

Right one one point, you didn't think or read;

View Postblood4blood, on 23 August 2016 - 01:17 PM, said:

I'm not going to buy them because I don't really play faction warfare anyway. Would be at least somewhat useful for those who do and want to be able to switch decks quickly.

As for pricing, there have been several threads around demonstrating that PGI's store pricing follows pretty much no logic at all, so...*shrug*

View PostDeathlike, on 23 August 2016 - 01:18 PM, said:

TBH, I can't even justify buying slots since I don't play FW primarily either.

View PostAlistair Winter, on 23 August 2016 - 01:33 PM, said:

I would be outraged...

... if faction play wasn't so damned boring that I don't want to play anyway. gg bottleneck warfare.

View Posts0da72, on 23 August 2016 - 01:35 PM, said:

They should let those with premium time just have it.

View Postsmokytehbear, on 23 August 2016 - 08:50 PM, said:

You can add me to the list of never playing FW now too, thanks to this "feature."

View PostKubernetes, on 23 August 2016 - 09:41 PM, said:

Yes, thank you for making me laugh.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users