#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:27 PM

CONCLUSION OF CIVIL WAR: NEW TECH PUBLIC TEST SESSION
– JULY 5 - 4 PM PDT -
Greetings MechWarriors!
We are concluding our PTS session for the upcoming Civil War technology and equipment update and will be shutting down PTS today, July 5 at 4 PM PDT. We would like to give a big thank you to all the MechWarriors who have contributed feedback on the New Tech PTS sub forums. We are continuing to look through the collected feedback and make changes where necessary before the new technology and equipment launches later this month on July 18. Some of the changes we have made after PTS include the following:
  • Rotary Autocannons will no longer incorrectly triggering heat penalties when fired from different weapon groups / paired with different RAC class types.
  • Stealth Armor will no longer remove friendly HUD designation elements for teammates.
  • MRM fire will properly track the targeting reticle.
  • Artemis upgrade no longer improperly applies a bonus to MRM's, ATM's, and Rocket Launchers.
  • A number of other bug fixes.
  • A large number of weapon changes. Final values to be released with the Patch Notes.
You can look forward to reading more about the changes in a detailed write up about the Civil War technology and equipment update in the patch notes later this month.

#2 AngrySpartan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 349 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:43 PM

ATMs min range removed, Heavy laser's duration & cooldown buff, IS UACs ghostheat, Lightgauss buff, new PPCs ghost heat normalized...there's a lot of things to be done. Looking forward to see most of these on the release.

#3 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:46 PM

•MRM fire will properly track the targeting reticle.

Why such a big nerf to MRM's? They didn't seem too powerful when tested. Why was it necessary to nerf them this much before release?

#4 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:50 PM

View PostJ0anna, on 05 July 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

Why such a big nerf to MRM's? They didn't seem too powerful when tested. Why was it necessary to nerf them this much before release?

I don't think that is a nerf...

#5 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:53 PM

All I hear from clan tech is MORE POWER. Aka, remove minimum, lower the duration of heavies. Welcome to the IS pal!

I applaud the reduction of minimum to ATMs, 120 meters is TT rules. The changes to minimum for heavy PPC were perfect. Now apply it to all minimums of PPC calss.

Just want 11 slot weapons to be 10. More consistant.

#6 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:54 PM

Why would that be a nerf?
They don't mean you need to get locks with them, but that if you turn your torso while firing the missiles, the next missiles in the stream will fly in the new direction rather than the direction that the launcher was firing at initially.
The change should make tracking/leading targets much better, and should feel more intuitive to use.

#7 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:01 PM

Thanks for the update, Chris 'n folk.

Did you guys happen to catch the dynamic slots bug? (applying Endo, Ferro, or I especially noticed it with Light Ferro would allow you to toggle this upgrades on when you don't actually have enough slots. It even lets you save the mech. But won't let you into a match, it will see the slot violation there.)

#8 AngrySpartan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 349 posts

View Postshopsmart, on 05 July 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

All I hear from clan tech is MORE POWER. Aka, remove minimum, lower the duration of heavies. Welcome to the IS pal!

I applaud the reduction of minimum to ATMs, 120 meters is TT rules. The changes to minimum for heavy PPC were perfect. Now apply it to all minimums of PPC calss.

Just want 11 slot weapons to be 10. More consistant.

Learn the basic's before making offensive claims. HE ammo doesn't have minimum, and since ammo swap is simulated by damage fallof...

Fixing minumums for all PPCs and 10 slots for IS LBX are much needed changes indeed, I personally is still on the fence with shrinking Heavy Gauss though.

Edited by AngrySpartan, 05 July 2017 - 02:01 PM.

#9 Ney Pryde

Rookie

• The Bold
  • 9 posts

I applaud the reduction of minimum to ATMs, 120 meters is TT rules.

You didn't play the same table top the rest of us did, or else you'd remember HE had no minimums at all.

#10 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:04 PM

I applaud the reduction of minimum to ATMs, 120 meters is TT rules.

Actually I thought ATMs in TT had a minimum range of zero. The STD ammo (2 damage per missile) had a min range of 120, but the HE (3 damage per missile) has no minimum range. I'd like to see the minimum range of ATMs converted to an exponential interpolation, rather than be completely useless inside minimum range. Much like Clan LRMs vs IS LRMs.

#11 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:04 PM

not a nerf. As it stands now, it's impossible to land a full volley on a target moving across your field of vision. This allows you to lead your target, and direct the full stream on to them.

#12 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:06 PM

One thing I noticed that bugs the hell out of me was on the PTS...

The if you put an autocannon (I put a UAC10) in the left torso of the Sleipnir, it is placed in the TOP spot, which causes some wonky convergence with the RT hardpoint that was in the LOW spot. I understand that not all the weapon models are done, but hopefully that doesn't go live. It hurt my soul a little bit.

#13 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:06 PM

View PostTarogato, on 05 July 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

Actually I thought ATMs in TT had a minimum range of zero. The STD ammo (2 damage per missile) had a min range of 120, but the HE (3 damage per missile) has no minimum range. I'd like to see the minimum range of ATMs converted to an exponential interpolation, rather than be completely useless inside minimum range. Much like Clan LRMs vs IS LRMs.
honestly, I feel they should apply this to is LRM's as well. Hard min range cutoffs are really annoying, regardless of faction.

#14 Gentleman Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 733 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, the land of slurpees and potholes

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:07 PM

View PostNey Pryde, on 05 July 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

You didn't play the same table top the rest of us did, or else you'd remember HE had no minimums at all.

But STD and ER missiles had a 120m minimum, which is what he's referring to. I think ATMs should have a minimum so that they don't obsolete SRMs, but go with either scaling damage below 120m or an all or nothing 90m.

#15 Ney Pryde

Rookie

• The Bold
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:11 PM

View PostGentleman Reaper, on 05 July 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

But STD and ER missiles had a 120m minimum, which is what he's referring to. I think ATMs should have a minimum so that they don't obsolete SRMs, but go with either scaling damage below 120m or an all or nothing 90m.

You do know tonnage, cooldown, heat, crit slots and low ammo per ton will never allow this to happen right? Has everyone forgotten how small, light and fast cooldowns srms are?

#16 AngrySpartan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 349 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:16 PM

View PostGentleman Reaper, on 05 July 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

Probably the most popular topic on PTS subforum, and majority of people would disagree with you.

Hopefully Chris & Co would take that into account.

#17 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:17 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 05 July 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

View Postarmyunit, on 05 July 2017 - 01:54 PM, said:

View PostWintersdark, on 05 July 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

I think you all missed the joke...

Edit: Also, NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Leave the PTS up, I want to get my 30 loot bags and move back to the PTS to play for the next two weeks.

Edited by mycroft000, 05 July 2017 - 02:18 PM.

#18 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:18 PM

It is a nerf, previously it allowed you to lead your target, shoot and rapidly twist to spread the inevitable incoming damage. Now you have to hold face time until all missiles are out, allowing your opponents to pour more damage into you before you can twist (or you twist and even less of your missiles head to where you want them).

#19 Ripper X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:18 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 05 July 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

not a nerf. As it stands now, it's impossible to land a full volley on a target moving across your field of vision. This allows you to lead your target, and direct the full stream on to them.

It's a nerf on how they were being used effectively. They were brawling weapons. Fire and torso twist. They should not be used like SRMS.

Edited by Ripper X, 05 July 2017 - 02:27 PM.

#20 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:26 PM

LBX20 must 10 slots !

-------------

Rac2\5 still low dps

1. Begin time
2. Smear dmg
3. Jamming
4. Hight heat

Not usable weapon

--------------
All heavy lasers have too much slots.

--------------
All weapons with blind distance, needs to remove 0 dmg. Weapons like atm, ppc and others

Edited by Nimnul, 05 July 2017 - 02:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users