Guide

503 replies to this topic

#401 El Maestro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 464 posts
  • LocationVleuten, Netherlands

Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:43 AM

I agree! he is singlehandedly growing the community!

Well done brother!

#402 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 December 2015 - 01:14 PM

View PostRoland09, on 31 December 2015 - 02:37 AM, said:

For all of this thread, IraqiWalker deserves a medal.

View PostEl Maestro, on 31 December 2015 - 08:43 AM, said:

I agree! he is singlehandedly growing the community!

Well done brother!

Thank you guys.

Very much appreciated, and I'm honored, and happy to help.

I will say that I didn't do this alone though.

#403 Ironhide Wrex

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMontreal, QC, Canada

Posted 06 February 2016 - 03:13 PM

Hi all!

I'm interested in checking out the Community Warfare part of the game, but my first mech was an Adder (memories of my Solaris Puma wins) and as a result of getting it to elite level, I'm basically broke. I've started working on a Raven so I can work for the IS houses, and for their less expensive qualities, but now I'm kind of stuck with a leveled Adder, an almost leveled Raven, and about a million C-bills to my name. I don't have a credit card (long story) so funding the account isn't in the cards right now, so how would you suggest I proceed? How can I make some quick c-bills, and how would I best use those c-bills to make a half-way acceptable drop deck? Or can I get away with less than 4 leveled mechs?

Thanks! Posted Image

#404 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:12 PM

View PostReplicatedGrace, on 06 February 2016 - 03:13 PM, said:

Hi all!

I'm interested in checking out the Community Warfare part of the game, but my first mech was an Adder (memories of my Solaris Puma wins) and as a result of getting it to elite level, I'm basically broke. I've started working on a Raven so I can work for the IS houses, and for their less expensive qualities, but now I'm kind of stuck with a leveled Adder, an almost leveled Raven, and about a million C-bills to my name. I don't have a credit card (long story) so funding the account isn't in the cards right now, so how would you suggest I proceed? How can I make some quick c-bills, and how would I best use those c-bills to make a half-way acceptable drop deck? Or can I get away with less than 4 leveled mechs?

Thanks! Posted Image

You can get away with unleveled mechs. To do it you will need two things:

1- Teamspeak 3. It's free, and does not tax your system or connection
2- Willingness to work with others, and follow orders

In the forums, there is a section for Community Warfare factions, whenever you want to drop with one, head over to their teamspeak server, and coordinate there.

Btw, both the raven, and the Adder are viable CW mechs. I'd go with ERPPCs, or ERLLs for the early game since it's mainly long range poking.

and use medium and short range builds for the later waves.

#405 8Ball-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 292 posts
  • LocationIndiana, US

Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:42 PM

Has the NA ts server gone dead? Can't seem to get a connect now. Was on once last week but nothing now.

#406 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 February 2016 - 02:05 AM

View PostWW8Ball, on 19 February 2016 - 06:42 PM, said:

Has the NA ts server gone dead? Can't seem to get a connect now. Was on once last week but nothing now.

Its address is:

na1.mech-connect.net

As of the writing of this post (2:05 AM PDT FEB/20/2016) the server is fine, I JUST logged in, and it was full of people.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 20 February 2016 - 02:06 AM.

#407 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 708 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 20 February 2016 - 04:20 AM

How do weapon-related pilot modules work? Do I have to unlock them for GXP, and then purchase for C-bills? Does every level of a range cost 500 GXP, or is the cost progressive? If it is, how much do levels 2-5 cost?
How much does the range module itself cost to equip? I couldn't find this info in the wiki (nor anywhere else).

#408 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 February 2016 - 04:27 AM

View PostDavidStarr, on 20 February 2016 - 04:20 AM, said:

How do weapon-related pilot modules work? Do I have to unlock them for GXP, and then purchase for C-bills? Does every level of a range cost 500 GXP, or is the cost progressive? If it is, how much do levels 2-5 cost?
How much does the range module itself cost to equip? I couldn't find this info in the wiki (nor anywhere else).

The wiki is VERY outdated.

The first level is 500, then it increases by 100 GXP each level I believe.

You can purchase them in the Mechlab for 3,000,000 C-Bills each, and they fit in the Weapon module slot.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 20 February 2016 - 04:37 AM.

#409 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 708 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 20 February 2016 - 04:31 AM

Thanks! I just didn't want to start purchasing modules and find out that the next levels cost thousands XP.
Can the module be moved around between mechs just like weapons or equipment?

#410 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 February 2016 - 04:37 AM

View PostDavidStarr, on 20 February 2016 - 04:31 AM, said:

Thanks! I just didn't want to start purchasing modules and find out that the next levels cost thousands XP.
Can the module be moved around between mechs just like weapons or equipment?

Absolutely

and it's 3 million, not 2.

#411 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 708 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 20 February 2016 - 06:02 AM

And the last question, this one concerning the Target Decay module: at lvl 1 it increases the decay delay to 2.75 sec. But what's the base, default delay? Is it 2.5 sec?

P. S. I totally didn't notice I entered this thread instead of the "Short question, short answer". Sorry!

Edited by DavidStarr, 20 February 2016 - 06:15 AM.

#412 8Ball-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 292 posts
  • LocationIndiana, US

Posted 20 February 2016 - 04:09 PM

Thanks, must be something on my end. I can get on every other bookmark but that one. Just get a Failed to connect to server error. Last time on was 2/14/16

Edited by WW8Ball, 20 February 2016 - 04:26 PM.

#413 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 February 2016 - 11:35 PM

View PostDavidStarr, on 20 February 2016 - 06:02 AM, said:

And the last question, this one concerning the Target Decay module: at lvl 1 it increases the decay delay to 2.75 sec. But what's the base, default delay? Is it 2.5 sec?

P. S. I totally didn't notice I entered this thread instead of the "Short question, short answer". Sorry!

Usually it takes a mech 1.5 seconds before you lose it's lock once it's out of sight. That duration is reduced to 0 if they have Radar Deprivation. Target Decay counters Deprivation a bit.

#414 Ironic Quark

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:19 AM

Hello, I have some questions. Sorry in advance for probable language mistakes. I've been playing since release, so it's a couple of months. Unhurriedly came to Tier 3 (I got a feeling that Tier progression is mostly a matter of time, because it's pretty hard to go into the red playing with a due diligence). Have played some CW games exceptionally for extra Mech Bays, was not going to donate yet. I've got Radar Deprivation and Seismic Sensor modules, some weapon modules as well. Going to get consumables next probably. I am preserving MC obtained from events for Mech Bays. I am not sure if there is something else to spend on. Champions and Heroes Mechs push me away due to high cost.

I have following mechs for now:
  • KGC-000B
  • KGC-0000
  • KGC-000
  • JR7-F
  • BL-6B-KNT
  • BJ-3
KGC was my first, I've bought all variants with discount and mastered them. At this moment I have a question what should i elite/master next -- "Knight" or "Blackjack". I am tending towards second one. Was also thinking about if I should keep playing solo or find some partners. In this question I am tending towards first variant since i dont have "completed" Mechs except King Crabs, I need some more Mech Bays at least. And also I am not a high rating player -- that's another reason. Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by Ironic Quark, 23 February 2016 - 08:51 AM.

#415 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:42 AM

There is no fixed path for mech acquisition unless you are trying to build a drop deck for CW (aka Faction Play).

If you are doing well with the King Crabs, I would suggest working on Battlemasters next. If not, it would be a good idea to master the Blackjack to see how you do with mediums.

Most people find lights difficult for physical and technical reasons i.e. reflexes/reactions and low fps so you might want to leave that to last.

Basically, the goal here is to master those mechs that can make it easier to amass C-Bills while waiting to get more mechbays from events or sales.

Note: If you are going to use CW to earn mechbays, you may want to take a look at getting Thunderbolts and/or Quickdraws for your drop deck and prioritize mastering those instead.

#416 Hawkasuma

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:26 PM

Where on TS can i find a few players willing to work with a newbie? And when would be the best time to look for a coach or something? I have been playing a few days, but it gets rather boring playing alone so anything would help.

#417 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 15 March 2016 - 12:28 AM

Comstar NA has a channel called "Education Centre, New Pilots Welcome"

Just send heimdelight a poke to see if he is online.

If you're in the US, you can usually find people in the House Marik Teamspeak server who are willing to drop with / help new players. Tip: edit your name in TS to say your are new and looking for mentors or something so people can tell off the bat what you need or be proactive and drop in on the various channels to ask

List of TS3 servers available here (up to date AFAIK) - https://www.mechspec...rver-list.8806/

Edited by p4r4g0n, 15 March 2016 - 12:32 AM.

#418 VTine

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:54 AM

Hi everyone! I started playing when I contributed way back in the early alpha days, and didn't like it much. I randomly decided to try the game again a couple weeks ago after having not touched it in years. I have been having a blast so far, and am looking for any of the big buys to help me learn more. I am enjoying playing smaller machines, and currently own a raven and two of the stormcrow models. I enjoy staying mobile and looking to backstab more than trying to dance around poking people. Is this too far out of the meta, or do any of the big bads here have a similar playstyle and have and advice to help me improve? I am generally on in the late evenings, maybe 8 or 9 central standard time. HMU!

#419 SugarChick

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:36 PM

hiya guys

#420 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:52 PM

View PostVTine, on 21 March 2016 - 05:54 AM, said:

Hi everyone! I started playing when I contributed way back in the early alpha days, and didn't like it much. I randomly decided to try the game again a couple weeks ago after having not touched it in years. I have been having a blast so far, and am looking for any of the big buys to help me learn more. I am enjoying playing smaller machines, and currently own a raven and two of the stormcrow models. I enjoy staying mobile and looking to backstab more than trying to dance around poking people. Is this too far out of the meta, or do any of the big bads here have a similar playstyle and have and advice to help me improve? I am generally on in the late evenings, maybe 8 or 9 central standard time. HMU!

Welcome back!! Don't worry about the meta so much. That's more for the really competetive players and teams. Personally, I enjoy my non-meta mechs. Do what works for you, as long as you don't forget that the winning side is typically the one that plays the best and most cohesively as a team.

The best advice is stay close to your team until you become very familiar with the maps, and ALWAYS press R before firing on your current target.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users