View Postflessar, on 06 November 2011 - 07:37 AM, said:

OMFG!!!! WANT!!!!

Agreed.

#302 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:39 PM

View PostHayden, on 09 December 2011 - 08:41 AM, said:

Well, as it stands this particular thread is just for redoing existing concept art from Piranha. If you have your own original art, why not make a thread for it in the art section? But if you're modifying Piranha concept art, by all means post it up here :P

I can't draw, at least 'mechs from a feasable angle and coloration out of originality. To be honest, I have redrawn from the Technical Readout: 3025 a picture of the Clint, printed it out and colored it by hand. As for the threads...eh, mines never last. Thanks though.

#303 Technocide Rex

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationWherever the battle is

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:39 AM

Late to the party, but wanted to give a nod to my team... Some liberties taken with insignia...

BWC Dragoon Dragon

Posted Image

#304 Kharrn

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:18 AM

Hey there :P so...my first post in this Forum. It's feels quite comfortable around here!
Looking forward for a new MW game...hope it will be more simulation rather than arcade but...that's another topic :D

Thx Hayden for your great work and inspiration! And thx to all others who contributed somehow :lol:

Credits go to Hayden again for the "Federated Suns Armored Cavalry Hunchback".
Took this nice baby to play a little bit.
Had an idea and so here i present a rather "quick and dirty" work. Im no pro in Photoshop (students edition;)) and i dont really have time for this atm, but....here it is:

A mech from an old Northwind Highlander vet, who now is fighting alongside some unknown mercenarie unit :D (just to fit this mech in)

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.imagebana...and_veteran.jpg (Link works better/faster but contains pop-up adds!!!)

Sadly i don't know anything more deeply from MW history, the Highlanders or if the Mechs Colors fit or Unit Insignia or whatever xD just wantet to share an idea for a Highlander look ;)

Keep up the good work ppl!

oh yeah btw...i do like a lot of the camouflage paintings....on the other hand scottish "look" is kinda cool. Must be hell of a job to paint a mech with :D

Edited by Kharrn, 10 December 2011 - 12:01 PM.

#305 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:21 AM

View PostKharrn, on 10 December 2011 - 11:18 AM, said:

Hey there :P so...my first post in this Forum. It's feels quite comfortable around here!
Looking forward for a new MW game...hope it will be more simulation rather than arcade but...that's another topic :D

Thx Hayden for your great work and inspiration! And thx to all others who contributed somehow :lol:

Credits go to Hayden again for the "Federated Suns Armored Cavalry Hunchback".
Took this nice baby to play a little bit.
Had an idea and so here i present a rather "quick and dirty" work. Im no pro in Photoshop (students edition;)) and i dont really have time for this atm, but....here it is:

A mech from an old Northwind Highlander vet, who now is fighting alongside some unknown mercenarie unit :D (just to fit this mech in)

Posted Image

Sadly i don't know anything more deeply from MW history, the Highlanders or if the Mechs Colors fit or Unit Insignia or whatever xD just wantet to share an idea for a Highlander look ;)

Keep up the good work ppl!

Seems like your link is broken, but regardless!

Welcome aboard! Hopefully you'll contribute many wonderful things as others have, and I am excited to have another person join our repainting ranks.

#306 Kharrn

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:06 PM

View PostHayden, on 10 December 2011 - 11:21 AM, said:

Seems like your link is broken, but regardless!

Welcome aboard! Hopefully you'll contribute many wonderful things as others have, and I am excited to have another person join our repainting ranks.

Thank you Hayden!
Picture should work for now...I hope :lol: Will upload it later somewhere else cause imagesh**k (not what YOU thought :D) turns down quality. So pinup girl and the "pipes n drums" are not showing as well as in the original.
But it's a start :D

I hope i can spend some time to take a deeper look into Photoshop and the MW stuff :P
Looking forward for the next concept art Mechs

#307 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:21 PM

Templates! They've been requested a couple of times, so at long last, I pass the mantle on you all. I skipped the poor man's "Great Wyrm" because I don't think anyone really was all that attached to it :P

Atlas:
http://www.deviantar...eth-d4ipk98.psd

Jenner:
http://www.deviantar...eth-d4ipiby.psd

Hunchback:
http://www.deviantar...eth-d4ipkpe.psd

Hunchback IIC:
http://www.deviantar...eth-d4iplus.psd

Dragon:
http://www.deviantar...eth-d4ipl5y.psd

Catapult:
http://www.deviantar...eth-d4nr27t.psd

Centurion:
http://www.deviantar...eth-d4orr12.psd

Commando:
http://www.deviantar...eth-d4tvko5.psd

Each has the following note in the file:

"Hey Guys,
This is my template for the Hunchback. It's a little gift from me to you all. Here's how it works. See the layer that says "COLOR HERE!"? any color you put there will appear beautifully on the 'mech.

Now, say you want to use things like insignias? Well, you need to create a new layer over "COLOR HERE!" Then right click, and select "create clipping mask" it will now cover that portion of "COLOR HERE!", but still have all the lines and other beautiful details from Alex's work. I hope you guys enjoy this.

Happy coloring!
-Hayden"

Once again, thanks to the forum, Piranha, Alex, for everything . Hopefully this makes it much easier for you all to get into this stuff! Looking forward to what follows.

Edited by Hayden, 24 March 2012 - 08:29 AM.

#308 Kharrn

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:32 PM

Woot! Thx for the templates :P

btw. i just looked on page 1 and saw......a Northwind Highlander mech !!!!!!
How the F could i miss that?!?!?! :D

That is some niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice work you did Hayden! Thx and looking forwrad for more :lol:

#309 BduSlammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:39 PM

thanks Hayden for the paint job yep this will do Posted Image

#310 Demi-Precentor Konev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 386 posts
  • LocationDnepropetrovsk, Galedon Military District

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:57 PM

After asking for Hayden's permission to use his insignias, I decided to try my hand at this. Here is the first of.... many? 5th Donegal Guards, the Bulldogs (insignia drawn up by Hayden, of course). 5th uses a variant of the Guards scheme by adding some black and white to break up the monotone. I'd like to do the 6th next but I can't find any insignia for that regiment. Anyone have any ideas?

Posted Image

Edited by lahyenne, 11 December 2011 - 08:01 PM.

#311 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:44 PM

View Postlahyenne, on 11 December 2011 - 07:57 PM, said:

After asking for Hayden's permission to use his insignias, I decided to try my hand at this. Here is the first of.... many? 5th Donegal Guards, the Bulldogs (insignia drawn up by Hayden, of course). 5th uses a variant of the Guards scheme by adding some black and white to break up the monotone. I'd like to do the 6th next but I can't find any insignia for that regiment. Anyone have any ideas?

Posted Image

Nice! I'm actually working up the gumption to do the 6th, lots of radial Symmetry, which Photoshop doesn't do well (by that, I mean the whole process is manual). Tell you what, I'll get cracking on it, and get it set up for you today :P (Or tommorrow, relatively, since my day just started 10 minutes ago).

#312 Vincent Vascaul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationEverett, Wa

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:16 PM

Fantastic stuff! Thanks Hayden this is a awesome contribution to the community, I would love to see you or someone elses take on a Sea Fox or Diamond Shark paint scheme.

#313 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:29 PM

View PostVincent Vascaul, on 11 December 2011 - 10:16 PM, said:

Fantastic stuff! Thanks Hayden this is a awesome contribution to the community, I would love to see you or someone elses take on a Sea Fox or Diamond Shark paint scheme.

Yeah, I really like the idea of doing a Seafox 'mech, I think it's sigma Galaxy that uses a seafox as its mascot, and that appeals to me to no end. As I said earlier, though, I'm taking a break from recoloring for now, so maybe someone else can pick up the line? If no one has gotten to it by the time they release their next shred of concept art (I.E. when my "break" ends) I'll do it then. You may have to remind me, though.

EDIT: Also, thanks!

Edited by Hayden, 11 December 2011 - 10:30 PM.

#314 Kevin Kirov

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:49 PM

View PostHayden, on 11 December 2011 - 09:44 PM, said:

Nice! I'm actually working up the gumption to do the 6th, lots of radial Symmetry, which Photoshop doesn't do well (by that, I mean the whole process is manual). Tell you what, I'll get cracking on it, and get it set up for you today :P (Or tommorrow, relatively, since my day just started 10 minutes ago).

Awesome because after I saw the 5th I wanted to ask to see someone do a 6th Donegal Guards Mech.

Also great stuff guys, I might try my hand at one after finals get done with here.

Edited by Kevin Kirov, 11 December 2011 - 10:49 PM.

#315 Vincent Vascaul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationEverett, Wa

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:23 AM

Hayden no worries, if I had the time I would try my hand at it but we are relaunching our company and just getting on the forums is a luxury right now. If you get a chance at it with the next piece of art awesome I would love to see your take!

#316 Demi-Precentor Konev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 386 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:01 AM

This will be the 'conservative' version of the 6th Donegal as getting the celtic patterns on there in a more fluid way will be super difficult. Insignia courtesy Hayden. "Nothing Without Effort" on the waist of the 'Mech. I'll try a fancier version tonight.

Posted Image

Oh and there is the link from Camospecs.

Posted Image

Edited by lahyenne, 12 December 2011 - 09:03 AM.

#317 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:15 AM

View Postlahyenne, on 12 December 2011 - 09:01 AM, said:

This will be the 'conservative' version of the 6th Donegal as getting the celtic patterns on there in a more fluid way will be super difficult. Insignia courtesy Hayden. "Nothing Without Effort" on the waist of the 'Mech. I'll try a fancier version tonight.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Excellent job, but to be fair I only did the insignia for the Fightin' 6th :P

And I mean really good! Out of curiosity, are you utilizing those templates I put up? (No, looking at it I clearly see you're not! Which excites me!)

I was actually leery of doing anything with the 6th, to be honest. Those Celtic knots are really intricate some times.

Edited by Hayden, 12 December 2011 - 09:18 AM.

#318 theginganinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 192 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:20 AM

View Postlahyenne, on 12 December 2011 - 09:01 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very nice :P

#319 Demi-Precentor Konev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 386 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

Next up: Blackwind Lancers. Of course, the insignia is Hayden's. Just tried to emulate the original found on camospecs. Tried it the first time with blue 'kneecaps' but it just seemed really off.

Posted Image

And the original...

Posted Image

Edit: Hmm... I should probably put all this in one post per page - sorry all. Will do so in the future.

Update: 20th Avalon Hussars. Think I'm gonna stop here tonight.

Posted Image

Edited by lahyenne, 12 December 2011 - 04:45 PM.

#320 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:00 PM

View Postlahyenne, on 12 December 2011 - 03:34 PM, said:

Next up: Blackwind Lancers. Of course, the insignia is Hayden's. Just tried to emulate the original found on camospecs. Tried it the first time with blue 'kneecaps' but it just seemed really off.

Posted Image

And the original...

Posted Image

Edit: Hmm... I should probably put all this in one post per page - sorry all. Will do so in the future.

Really looking good!

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users