Repainted Concept Art

Art

7732 replies to this topic

#321 Cassius Brown

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:28 PM

First time poster, and I can't think of a better post to do it in.

Fantastic work on these mechs, folks. Really inspiring, and shows a love of the source material.

I look forward to seeing more as time goes on.

#322 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:32 AM

View PostCassius Brown, on 12 December 2011 - 09:28 PM, said:

First time poster, and I can't think of a better post to do it in.

Fantastic work on these mechs, folks. Really inspiring, and shows a love of the source material.

I look forward to seeing more as time goes on.

Well thanks for the kind words and welcome to the forums and the thread! Things will be a little slower than they have been on my end (I've gone from nearly 3 postings a day to a slow trickle of legacy requests) but this isn't permanent and some time next month I'll probably be a bit more active. But, I think others will start to contribute a lot more as time goes on, and even though I'm not as active, other folks on the thread are stepping up and giving things a try, which makes me happy. So, I'm excited for the future, too. Especially once we get more concept art!

#323 Kharrn

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:38 AM

Wow!
As always there are some nice Paint jobs in here!
Can't wait to get some more mech concept arts...

So here i just got my hands on Haydens Templates (Thx again! :))
and thought about how todays camo would appear on a mech.
Tried around with digital camo but the outcome looked kinda wierd...so for now only some multicam on a Hunchback IIc
No Insignia or anything. Think cockpit and decals should be wokred out differently, but it was just a quick "see how it looks". So just to put some ideas up for more "camo"-like paintjobs ;) Here we go:

Posted Image

aaaand sry for any bad english spelling or grammar or whatever :P

Edited by Kharrn, 13 December 2011 - 05:41 AM.

#324 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:41 AM

View PostKharrn, on 13 December 2011 - 05:38 AM, said:

Wow!

Tried around with digital camo but the outcome looked kinda wierd...so for now only some multicam on a Hunchback IIc
No Insignia or anything. Just to put some ideas up for more "camo"-like paintjobs ;)

Haha, multicam for the win... seriously, that's the good stuff there. Looking forward to future contributions!

EDIT: And enjoy those templates!

Edited by Hayden, 13 December 2011 - 05:41 AM.

#325 theginganinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 192 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

Wow!

No Insignia or anything. Think cockpit and decals should be wokred out differently, but it was just a quick "see how it looks". So just to put some ideas up for more "camo"-like paintjobs ;) Here we go:

Posted Image

Hmm... Atlas or Hunchback in Flecktarn, please? Otherwise, it'd be kinda cool to see something in M05 Snow, or maybe Platanenmuster Herbst

Edited by irishwarrior, 13 December 2011 - 10:07 AM.

#326 warpig07

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:30 PM

Wow!

So here i just got my hands on Haydens Templates (Thx again! :P)
No Insignia or anything. Think cockpit and decals should be wokred out differently, but it was just a quick "see how it looks". So just to put some ideas up for more "camo"-like paintjobs :P Here we go:

Posted Image

aaaand sry for any bad english spelling or grammar or whatever :lol:

mmm mmm mmm! Crye Precision multi cam on a battlemech. good work man!

#327 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

So I can post a repainted version of a Hunchback on here? Does it have to be IIC or Regular?

#328 Demi-Precentor Konev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 386 posts
  • LocationDnepropetrovsk, Galedon Military District

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:44 PM

View PostBrenden, on 13 December 2011 - 04:08 PM, said:

So I can post a repainted version of a Hunchback on here? Does it have to be IIC or Regular?

I can't imagine why anyone would have an issue with that.

Here is my update for the day, a Hunchback of the Hsien Hotheads. Saw this one in Field Manual - Mercs and new I had to try it out! Changed the word on the waist to 'CRISPY' for a friend of mine.

Posted Image

And the original...

Posted Image

Edited by lahyenne, 13 December 2011 - 05:55 PM.

#329 Kevin Kirov

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:53 PM

The IIC is just a version made by Hayden, not offical per se, but made of the officaial parts, anyone can post any of the ones he had in his post of templates

#330 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:21 PM

The rule of thumb is: if it's based off official concept work it goes here. It's chiefly for recolors, but I did modify a few of the concept images to represent official variants from the BT universe, mostly to toss the clanners a bone. But yeah, the intent was to create a place to show the concept art as if it were "textured" in both official and unofficial ways, like what we might see if MWO allows us to utilize user skins.

#331 Kharrn

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:04 AM

View Postirishwarrior, on 13 December 2011 - 10:01 AM, said:

Hmm... Atlas or Hunchback in Flecktarn, please? Otherwise, it'd be kinda cool to see something in M05 Snow, or maybe Platanenmuster Herbst

Hehe ok will have a look into Flecktarn. Ger: Ich werde mal das aktuelle Tropen-Flecktarn benutzen da ich davon ein gutes Bild gefunden hab. Eng: Will use the actual Flecktarn camo patern for tropic regions.

Also i may take a look into M05Snow since it's a really nice snow camo. Wonder how it looks on a mech :P

View Postwarpig07, on 13 December 2011 - 01:30 PM, said:

mmm mmm mmm! Crye Precision multi cam on a battlemech. good work man!

I will rework that mech and have some details and other stuff. Stay tuned! Multicamo rocks ^_^

Ok but now something completely different :lol:
Currently i am working on some more 'serious' paint jobs.

First for today...well actually its first and second but...well have a look:

The Death Commandos - one of my favourite House units

based entirely on Sarna and camospecs. Hope you enjoy :P

First is without any "fancy" stuff. More the commando-way to ride a mech. Always prepared but always in disguise...kinda :lol: Well they just dont have to show off. And btw the roman 1 stands for the first Btl xD

Posted Image

And the second one: Now with some personal influence from the pilot ^_^ Hope you like the little skulls on the rocket covers hehe. The writing in the middle says "Trained in all forms of combat" and the "Semper Fi" (lat. for "Always Loyal" in this meaning) stands for the bond to the Chancellor and the Capellan Conf.

Posted Image

Edited by Kharrn, 14 December 2011 - 07:06 AM.

#332 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:11 AM

View PostKharrn, on 14 December 2011 - 07:04 AM, said:

Hehe ok will have a look into Flecktarn. Ger: Ich werde mal das aktuelle Tropen-Flecktarn benutzen da ich davon ein gutes Bild gefunden hab. Eng: Will use the actual Flecktarn camo patern for tropic regions.

Also i may take a look into M05Snow since it's a really nice snow camo. Wonder how it looks on a mech :lol:

I will rework that mech and have some details and other stuff. Stay tuned! Multicamo rocks :rolleyes:

Ok but now something completely different :lol:
Currently i am working on some more 'serious' paint jobs.

First for today...well actually its first and second but...well have a look:

The Death Commandos - one of my favourite House units

based entirely on Sarna and camospecs. Hope you enjoy :P

First is without any "fancy" stuff. More the commando-way to ride a mech. Always prepared but always in disguise...kinda ^_^ Well they just dont have to show off. And btw the roman 1 stands for the first Btl xD

Posted Image

And the second one: Now with some personal influence from the pilot ^_^ Hope you like the little skulls on the rocket covers hehe. The writing in the middle says "Trained in all forms of combat" and the "Semper Fi" (lat. for "Always Loyal" in this meaning) stands for the bond to the Chancellor and the Capellan Conf.

Posted Image

Pretty Solid work :P

#333 theginganinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 192 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:15 AM

View PostKharrn, on 14 December 2011 - 07:04 AM, said:

Also i may take a look into M05Snow since it's a really nice snow camo. Wonder how it looks on a mech :P

Vielen Dank!

#334 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:44 AM

The "Hsien Hothead" Hunchback looks awesome!
Superb work!

#335 Oreic

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:43 PM

Here is my first attempt, it is in the colors of my Merc Unit, The Phalanx of the Sun. I'd like to thank Hayden for the template that really made this easy. Also I edited the Thighs because I like the smooth look more, shows the Emblems better.

Posted Image

Edited by Oreic, 14 December 2011 - 02:45 PM.

#336 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:57 AM

View PostOreic, on 14 December 2011 - 02:43 PM, said:

Here is my first attempt, it is in the colors of my Merc Unit, The Phalanx of the Sun. I'd like to thank Hayden for the template that really made this easy. Also I edited the Thighs because I like the smooth look more, shows the Emblems better.

Posted Image

Nice! Huge improvement on the thighs!

#337 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:08 PM

Why have I never peeked at this thread before. I LOVE your work man!! I'd love to see what you could do with the Grimm Reaper Company colors :)

#338 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:41 PM

View PostMason Grimm, on 15 December 2011 - 12:08 PM, said:

Why have I never peeked at this thread before. I LOVE your work man!! I'd love to see what you could do with the Grimm Reaper Company colors :)

Thanks man, glad to hear you enjoy the fruits of our labor!

#339 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:35 PM

View PostMason Grimm, on 15 December 2011 - 12:08 PM, said:

CALLED... OUT, hehe!

I think it would be really cool to see that as soon as Alex' next model comes out.

#340 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:06 PM

Alright, I've tried posting it from my files but it is not working. What could be wrong?

65 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 65 guests, 0 anonymous users