7732 replies to this topic

#361 Demi-Precentor Konev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 386 posts
  • LocationDnepropetrovsk, Galedon Military District

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:45 PM

If there aren't Urbies in MWO, I wont play. :)

#362 Vincent Vascaul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationEverett, Wa

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:33 PM

That Marauder stopped me dead when I saw it, soooooo awesome!

#363 Kharrn

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:51 PM

Hey there!

To get my "flecktarn" Jenner i had to modify Hayden's template and had to create lots of layers for different parts on the Jenner.
Credits to Hayden for his template and for giving me an "idea" how to work with photoshop ^_^ Thx man!

So now here is the .psd with layers for nearly any major part on the Jenner (kneecap, upper left leg, lower left leg, left foot, "Head", Main Body, Arms, etc). This means you can very quickly change colors or set decals on specific places.
It was made because if you want to put a camo pattern on a mech (or any other stripes or stuff which crosses parts) you have to keep in mind the movement of those mech-parts. Think like if they, in the BT Universe, would have painted the parts in production or when the mech was assembled but steady and not in motion...hope you get the idea :ph34r:

Ok here is the link to the template. I hope it will work... (sry for hosting on such a crappy free-upload-space-side)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bbjsi7

And i couldn't resist to give you an example of how you can color the parts. All parts that have a layer have a different color.
Fear.........my...........Disco-Mech!!!! :D

(Advise: you may get headache by viewing the following image xD )

Posted Image

Edited by Kharrn, 17 December 2011 - 05:55 PM.

#364 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:58 PM

Hmm...for some reason, I am unable too post my repainted Hunchback classic in here. It's in my "Favorites" folder under Pictures, but it won't let me post it in here.

#365 Johann Devalis

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:26 PM

So why hasnt there been an ACU patterned mech? Or even better, multicam?

#366 theginganinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 192 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:49 PM

View PostKharrn, on 16 December 2011 - 02:29 AM, said:

Well someone said Flecktarn!?!?!? (German Camo) //EDIT: Actually it is the German Vehicle Camo

Here it is! Thought a Jenner would fit in well as kind of an "old" mech.
No signs or decals or stuff.
Tried to really 'think' like someone who has to paint the mech. So i tried to get a good "camouflage" but on the other hand paint parts differently so that you would see the parts moved or were painted befor they were installed...well hope you know what i mean ^_^

Posted Image

May be the vehicle camo rather than the Infantry Flecktarn, but it's still pretty cool - thanks!

View PostJohann Devalis, on 17 December 2011 - 06:26 PM, said:

There's a Multicam Hunchback on page 17

#367 Wavelength

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNorthwind

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:41 PM

Awesome, awesome work people! Kharrn, I like t he modern camo schemes, have you thought of trying a tiger stripe pattern? I'd love to see that on a 'mech!

#368 Demi-Precentor Konev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 386 posts
  • LocationDnepropetrovsk, Galedon Military District

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:55 AM

Here we go! Decided I would do the 3rd Sirian Lancers after seeing the ISN update from today. FWL could use some attention anyway. 3rd Sirian Lancers. Again, insignia is from Hayden and it is based off this one at camopecs: http://camospecs.com...anHunchback.jpg

Posted Image

#369 Kharrn

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:41 AM

Hey people!
So today is the day of the Camouflage-Paint-Jobs
....and for this reason it is also the day of the Jenner Mech :ph34r:

View PostJohann Devalis, on 17 December 2011 - 06:26 PM, said:

ACU (I have to say i don't really like this pattern. But it could be a step to a nice urban pattern camo mech! stay tuned :D)
Posted Image

A variant of MULTICAM. It is not just "painted over" like on the Hunchback version i did post, but really sticks to the moving parts of the mech.
Posted Image

View PostWavelength, on 17 December 2011 - 07:41 PM, said:

Awesome, awesome work people! Kharrn, I like t he modern camo schemes, have you thought of trying a tiger stripe pattern? I'd love to see that on a 'mech!

Thank you ^_^ Well there are lots of tiger stripe patterns hehe. I tried around a littlebit and have to say it is quite hard to fit those on a Mech.
Nevertheless.....here it is. Enjoy!

Posted Image

I do like it as a desert scheme. The reading says "Kitty Cat" and i really had to get some tiger claws and tiger logo on it :D (they are not made by me! credits to some unknown google user... :lol:)

Someone asked for a snow scheme (M05 Snow Pattern).
I only had some little pictures of this pattern and i don't really have time and knowledge in photoshop to do this pattern myself, so this is not the best of results. In my opinion it should have more white in it. But on the other hand this could work well for a urban/snow terrain. An idea just popped to my head. The upper part of the mech should have more white and less black/grey pattern so it would (in a "snowy environment") not be seen too fast in open terrain.
Well, have a look:

Posted Image

Now here we have a different variant for the German Army "Vehicle-Pattern".
Tried to get the look closer to the german vehicles (like the Leopard postet one page before).
Also added some decals and stuff....just for fun. Like the 70km/h sign and the mechanized infantry tactical sign (no unit or size given) xD

Posted Image

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand
here is the Flecktarn version!!! :wacko:
Painted some parts in pure oliv where Flecktarn wouldn't really fit or would have been hard for the Mech painters to paint on :D :blink:
The mech even has black feet...like german army wear black boots :D

Posted Image

Now i will pause till we get some new concept art(s) ;)

Edited by Kharrn, 18 December 2011 - 03:51 AM.

#370 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:00 AM

View PostKharrn, on 18 December 2011 - 03:41 AM, said:

Hey people!
....and for this reason it is also the day of the Jenner Mech :ph34r:

ACU (I have to say i don't really like this pattern. But it could be a step to a nice urban pattern camo mech! stay tuned :D)
Posted Image

A variant of MULTICAM. It is not just "painted over" like on the Hunchback version i did post, but really sticks to the moving parts of the mech.
Posted Image

Thank you ^_^ Well there are lots of tiger stripe patterns hehe. I tried around a littlebit and have to say it is quite hard to fit those on a Mech.

Posted Image

I do like it as a desert scheme. The reading says "Kitty Cat" and i really had to get some tiger claws and tiger logo on it :D (they are not made by me! credits to some unknown google user... :lol:)

I only had some little pictures of this pattern and i don't really have time and knowledge in photoshop to do this pattern myself, so this is not the best of results. In my opinion it should have more white in it. But on the other hand this could work well for a urban/snow terrain. An idea just popped to my head. The upper part of the mech should have more white and less black/grey pattern so it would (in a "snowy environment") not be seen too fast in open terrain.
Well, have a look:

Posted Image

Tried to get the look closer to the german vehicles (like the Leopard postet one page before).
Also added some decals and stuff....just for fun. Like the 70km/h sign and the mechanized infantry tactical sign (no unit or size given) xD

Posted Image

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand
here is the Flecktarn version!!! :wacko:
Painted some parts in pure oliv where Flecktarn wouldn't really fit or would have been hard for the Mech painters to paint on :D :blink:

Posted Image

Prolific!

#371 pied

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

Big fan of WWII nose art

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by pied, 19 December 2011 - 05:36 PM.

#372 Max OConnor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:52 AM

View Postpied, on 18 December 2011 - 09:58 PM, said:

Big fan of WWII nose art

Posted Image

What does the logo say and do you have a clean head on image of it?

#373 Wavelength

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNorthwind

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:01 AM

Wow Kharnn! In spite of it being hard, you did great! Sorry didn't specify a color of tiger, but left up to the artist, the details usually turn out awesome, like they did! Thanks!

#374 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

View PostHayden, on 16 December 2011 - 08:55 PM, said:

Almost 4 hours later....

(plus breaks, also my tablet is broken so this is all mouse)

URBANMECH! Chesterton Reserves Urbanmech. They actually still exist in the timeline!

Hopefully you folks enjoy the fruits of my labor... and Alex Iglesias' background.

A King Among Men, Sir, a King among Men!

#375 Johann Devalis

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:15 AM

ACU pattern looks suprisingly good on a mech I think. Well done sir!

#376 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:19 AM

First in the series, got the Atlas done, now I just need the other three.

Here is our unit coloring for the Skjaldborg, Shieldwall of Rasalhague.
Posted Image

(not a fan of how GIMP does lettering so I skipped that part :))

Edit: Hunchback is done!
Posted Image

Edit: Dragon
Posted Image

Edited by Dihm, 20 December 2011 - 12:49 PM.

#377 theginganinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 192 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:48 AM

View PostKharrn, on 18 December 2011 - 03:41 AM, said:

Hey people!
....and for this reason it is also the day of the Jenner Mech :D

ACU (I have to say i don't really like this pattern. But it could be a step to a nice urban pattern camo mech! stay tuned :))
Posted Image

Posted Image

Thank you :) Well there are lots of tiger stripe patterns hehe. I tried around a littlebit and have to say it is quite hard to fit those on a Mech.

Posted Image

I do like it as a desert scheme. The reading says "Kitty Cat" and i really had to get some tiger claws and tiger logo on it :D (they are not made by me! credits to some unknown google user... B))

Well, have a look:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand
here is the Flecktarn version!!! ;)
Painted some parts in pure oliv where Flecktarn wouldn't really fit or would have been hard for the Mech painters to paint on :D ;)

Posted Image

These are all very cool - great work!

#378 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:21 AM

Those look AMAZING, its nice to see Mechs returning to their originalish look instead of the warped MW4 models. I can just hopethe Warhammer and Zeus make it into this game. I saw that Whammy in the first trailer and knew it was my mech to pilot, if thats not possible, I like the Zeus just as much. Atlas are cool and all but I like the Zeus and Whammy better +D

#379 Kaemon

• 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:56 PM

First attempt, made him nice and bloody from too much melee.
Posted Image

Edited by Kaemon, 21 December 2011 - 07:57 PM.

#380 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:50 PM

Used the awesome new unit insignias Hayden made for us to tweak one of the repaints. Decided that the left arm of all our mechs will get the battalion/company colors, while the rest of the mech gets the regimental. So, this would be an Atlas from the 1st Skjaldborg, the Huscarls. ;)

Posted Image

Compared to an Atlas from the 3rd Skjaldborg, the Svinfylking or Swine Array.
Posted Image

Now, if only I had the new FRR logo in a flat, uncropped fashion, that I could also put on it. (HINT Devs, HINT!)

Edited by Dihm, 22 December 2011 - 09:05 PM.

96 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 96 guests, 0 anonymous users