379 replies to this topic

#181 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:57 AM

View PostTC_DragonMaw, on 04 December 2011 - 01:15 AM, said:

Guys, I feel it pudent that we discuss the statigic portion, and design chacarteristics for this game and bring it to the attention of the developers. I truly hope this is not going to be like the Zone MW or even the MW4. I do hope for an economy, mech production, supply chain, etc...
I was not in on the EGA game so I can not speak about how they did it. I am very famililar with the ISW shell and how it worked, and the flaws encounter there.
I agree with a meeting with the ole MPBT hands to discuss the statigic portion of this planned game. Of course asking for comments from the developers in this matter may open the discussion even further.
I enjoyed the statigic part of of the game tremendously and hope a true planet conquest game is in the works.

TC

With ya on this TC. >SALUTE<

#182 Andrew Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 316 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:21 PM

I agree and suggest we our selves convein on some issues before we move forward to the devs. Lets rally the houses.

#183 Shadowstarr

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:04 PM

View PostAndrewOsis, on 04 December 2011 - 05:21 PM, said:

I agree and suggest we our selves convein on some issues before we move forward to the devs. Lets rally the houses.

I'm with yah all on making the game better. Let me know if there is anything I can do. Can't say I was too attached to any house as a player. I was merc *Iron Brigade* for the most part. Spent time during solaris with Steiner, I think Kneecapper was HL then, been awhile.

-SS

#184 macfarlane

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:27 PM

MacFarlane*GK* here, or once was back in the 1992-96 ish era. I've lost track of most of those of us who once roamed MPBT on GEnie. :)

I'd read that DW (Deathwalker) aka Joe passed on? If so a sad day I miss the fun phone calls with him. No idea what ever happened to Ghostrider/Jim, or Blastum/Jake. VonReichman/Matt lives out west now last I heard. Haven't seen anything on any of the old TBC, not sure if Ice/Rich is still kicking.

Anyhow I'm floating around and watching, waiting and hoping. ;) Last time I saw anyone from Kesmai was the last time I played paintball with them near their old headquarters back around 96'. Anyhow safe a drink for me at the Ghost Mech Cafe. :P

Jim aka Mac.

#185 Jaegerwolf

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, CT

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:34 PM

I would warn against pushing for TOO detailed a strategic game. From the posts so far we won't be dealing with TF2 like unlinked matches but I wouldn't expect something EVE like either. I'd say push for good combat game play first, then let them start adding in strategic layers as the game grows.

The thing to keep in mind is a player should be able to get into a fight within a few minutes. If something we'd like strategic wise compromises that then it really should be reconsidered

#186 TC DragonMaw

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 81 posts
  • LocationGulf Shores, Al & New Orleans, La

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:56 AM

Greetings:

Just a few thoughts on the Stategic portion planned for the game. First, the combat itself should be readily available for the mechwarrior pilots. Dropping from the ready room should not take longer than 3-4 mins. The actual combat game should be as close to the board game as possible within techinical capabilities. The lance play is to be 4/lance up to 12/lance. I myself would like to see a lance larger than 4 in any case. I would vote for no 3rd person views. I would vote for views to be first person or technically provided views by the mech's hardware/software. Mechs should only be those available in the 3050 timeline!

Now the stategic things. I have only questions. Will there be planet capture? Will the face of the Inner Sphere change as the control of the planets change hands? How many planets will there be in the Inner Sphere? What will be the process in which a planet would change ownership?(what will be required) How will the mechs available for combat in the drop be made available to the mechwarriors? How will mechs be producted, and by whom? Will each faction produce their own mechs? How will resources for the production of mechs be obtained and used for mech production? Will each controlled planet give resources (taxes) to the faction that controls that planet? Whom will control the faction's resouces collected for mech production? Just to start the conversation. Will capture of an entire faction be possible, and what would be required to do so?

Just a few things for future consideration. How will the mechs produced on planet X by a faction, get to the planets in which the faction is conducting combat operations. A jumpship? How many jumpships will a faction own? How will a faction move the jumpships from planet system to planet system? Will jumpship movement be controlled by a faction? Whom in the faction will have the ability to (order) move the jumpships? How many resources will it cost to move a jumpship? What is the time frame it will take to move from one system to another?

For the individual mechwarrior, whom will pay them according to their rank? Will there be salvage rights for the individual mech pilot or will the faction receive the salvage rights/equipment? Whom will control the salvage rights, and how will they be used for the repair or damaged mech from combat or as resource parts for future mech production?

Well, there is more to think about if indeed this will be a planet capture game or simply a team first shooter like MW2, MW3, or MW4.

Respectfully submitted,

#187 Supremacist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:43 PM

Hey Everyone

I reocognize so many people that have posted, youll be glad to know we will be here too.
Although I'm not quite sure we will fight for Davion, still deciding.

Such a sad story WildWoman, I remember you were a good person and apparently still are = )

For the rest of you, we will settle accounts, on the battlefield of course.

Mechwarrior is serious business.

+S+

#188 Wildwoman

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationChicago Burbs

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:57 PM

View PostSupremacist, on 03 January 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

Hey Everyone

I reocognize so many people that have posted, youll be glad to know we will be here too.
Although I'm not quite sure we will fight for Davion, still deciding.

Such a sad story WildWoman, I remember you were a good person and apparently still are = )

For the rest of you, we will settle accounts, on the battlefield of course.

Mechwarrior is serious business.

+S+

That was an old story. I'm glad I still had it to share :-)

Of course I am a good person, thanks!!!

#189 Smooch

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:09 AM

View PostWildwoman, on 08 January 2012 - 03:57 PM, said:

Of course I am a good person, thanks!!!

Hey...wait a darn sec here. That is not what you told me! :)

#190 SmilingBandit77

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationAnderson, Indiana, United States of America, Sol 3, Sol System, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:14 AM

Yeah I used to play MPBT: Solaris back in '97-98 on AOL... God... I Used to be on there 10+ hours a day... it was right after I graduated High school.

Oh, I went by Korbel, Korbel77, and SmilingBandit77.

Edited by SmilingBandit77, 17 January 2012 - 07:15 AM.

#191 SmilingBandit77

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationAnderson, Indiana, United States of America, Sol 3, Sol System, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:33 AM

I would love to see them use the Objective Raids book as a resource... I would love to be able to raid/conquer a planet for much needed supplies. If that becomes a reality, being a Pirate on the fringes of society would actually be possible. We have a sourcebook that lists almost every factory in the Sphere... We should use it. Well... all the war material factories. I'm sure every planet has atleast food and basic necessities stockpiled somewhere.

#192 Aragorn Sharp

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

Wow has it really been 19 years. I remember like it was yesterday when one of the Kesmai developers came to Greensboro NC for a lan party and MPBT weekend. I've played in most online battletech games, MPBT, Solaris and 3025. A little late to the last one but still around.

It is nice to see some familiar names again.

#193 LudonStorm

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationGermany - Munich - Oktoberfest

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:06 AM

Heyaaa Cowboys!
<S>alute to all.

Nice to meet you all here again... time has passed - many time - but I can´t never forget MPBT, missed this times, hope they come back now with this new game. Cya around buddys!

Storm

#194 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:46 AM

Old School OG MPBT player here. Still hurting from those $500 CC bills :-)

13th Marik Militia, and the COMGuard merc group over there. Same handle.

#195 CPTAmerica

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationTEXAS

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

Played Solaris and 3025 way back. Fought for the Head Hunters for a while. Don't ask me what my call signs were because, I don't remember. I just didn't have the time to play too much back then. I also didn't have a set group I played with because my times changed constantly.

Oh wait.... now I remember. I was BulletSponge.

Edited by CPTAmerica, 03 February 2012 - 07:42 PM.

#196 FinnMcKool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

I Played 3025.

Sorry im so distracting .

#197 nightsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

Well I feel like I just walked into the rec room at the Shady Rest Nurseing Home and the crew is getting rowdy planning a road trip. LOL I can not believe the names I am seeing that I have not seen in a long time and remebering my Black Jack and the fun I had Sniping in that mech in 3025. I was looking through my old files and came accross the training manual X-men had me down load for HHOD MW4 and I started laughing. Seeing the old fossil is still breathing was a bigger shock but it is the miracle of moden nedicine.

So looking forward to this game launch and dropping with so many friends I just hope they will let you all use your hoverround chairs so you don't have to rely on your titanum hip to keep up with me..

Best to all!

#198 GargoyleKDR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBlaine, WA

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

View Postnightsniper, on 09 February 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

Well I feel like I just walked into the rec room at the Shady Rest Nurseing Home and the crew is getting rowdy planning a road trip.

Heh! Take a hit of this Metamucil, and pass it on. Road triiiiiip!

- Garg.

#199 Rygat

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAll around you!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

Merl !!!!!

hows RW?

Heya WW!

You all ready for a Gen Con again? :)

#200 DarkReaver

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationJihad Day,Hellgate

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:14 PM

Hmm :) i guess
All getting ready for Solaris championship Battle Royalre :) .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users