228 replies to this topic

#41 Catamount

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:13 PM

Oh well.

It's not the first mediocre (or bad) game to ever come out that isn't Mechwarrior; it won't be the last.

I figure it's like Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, people can find it enjoyable if they want, as long as I don't have to play it :ph34r:

#42 Burned_Follower

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationDanielsville, Georgia

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

I'm not sure what i should be more angered about: The fact that there's gonna be ANOTHER Mech Assault game, further embarrasing the MW/BT fan community or the fact that they let us see a foot and the MWO devs have only shown us a cartoon of a girl spinning a vegetable! ROFL

I know that i hate the arcade feel of MechAssault compaired to the Sim feel of MW....but...i know that i'm going to purchase a 360 or PS3 just to play it if it won't be available for PC. Sorry, i know i'm contradicting myself and i'm probably joining the dark side of the force but i can't help it...Walking tanks is like crack to me. I must...have...the precious! hahaha.

I hope the new MA game is gonna be good. :ph34r:

Edited by XxDRxDEATHxX, 16 February 2012 - 03:42 PM.

#43 Burned_Follower

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

Yeah, i can see the MechAssault3 devs trying to explain their magical powerups...

"Uh, yeah. We were going to make a 3rd attempt at making a decent mech game....but then we took an arrow to the knee...by Chuck Norris."

lolololol

Edited by XxDRxDEATHxX, 16 February 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#44 Karyudo ds

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

View PostFireNova, on 16 February 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

^ :D

On a different note....I can only imagine what BT storyline era the new MA game will take place under (whereas MechAssault and MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf took place during the Jihad)? My guess: Dark Ages/Post Dark Ages? :ph34r:

Dark Ages? The third Mech assault game came out several years ago and was set in Age of Destruction, post Dark Age, though it features little to nothing from DA...did help get DA another Loki and official Madcat mini's.

But wow...that is by far the greatest foot stomp teaser in history...but not really that great. That leg does remind me of the original Forestry Mech shown a bit but I don't think it's that.

Hate it if you want...but at least giant robots are on the radar period. They have been missing for awhile.

#45 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:55 PM

Wanna bet afterwards it will be 20 years before any new BT games are made, because they all failed hard enough to turn all those people wanting to make a quick buck in the wake of MWO away from it again?

#46 FireNova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 258 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

View PostKaryudo-ds, on 16 February 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

Dark Ages? The third Mech assault game came out several years ago and was set in Age of Destruction, post Dark Age, though it features little to nothing from DA...did help get DA another Loki and official Madcat mini's.

Ah yeah my bad, forgot about Phantom War for the Nintendo DS there for a second. Still though, more depth is needed to go deeper into the post Dark Age setting (for example, what happens to the Smoke Jaguars [yes they survived] after they are freed in the Dark Age novel Surrender Your Dreams). Another good thing about Phantom War is that for once the Davions are NOT the spotlight faction you play as; instead you play as the Steiners who are involved with some HPG stuff....a breath of fresh air considering almost every past MW game has been ZOMG TEH HOUSE DAVIONZ!

Although I didn't finish the entire campaign, I played enough of it to find the gameplay fun and enjoyable as well as seeing a different Great House (Steiner) take center stage in the grand scheme of things in a BT/MW game. :ph34r:

Regardless, looking forward to a new MA game! :D

#47 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

View PostStahlseele, on 16 February 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

Mechcommander.

AAARRG! x.x

Wait, so we know for certain that Tactics isn't a Mechcommander type game....or are you just assuming things?

Also, Mechassault 3?

/vomit.

#48 Burned_Follower

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

This video best expresses how i feel about MA3:

#49 Cattra Kell

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

Still no one picking something up on page 2 :ph34r:

#50 DragonClaw

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:02 PM

thats it? i hope its better than the last 2. closer to MW than a vid game wantabe.

View PostGhost, on 16 February 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

#51 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:57 PM

MWO is mechwarriors LAST shot at being anything more than a fanboys wetdream. NOBODY wants a boring, half-a**ed computer game that pretends to place a player in the role of a mech pilot.(MW2 and 3) Millions upon millions of people want an action game that highlights mechs.

MW2 and MW3 were complete trainwrecks. MS SAVED MW, and most of you that are bitter about MA being made, and it's success, should pipe down. If they had not made MA, MW5 would have been the nail in the coffin. There has yet to be a truly playable mech sim. MW2 and 3 were cruel jokes on the world and I cannot even honestly count them as games. They were chores to play through. Action based mech games however, have been doing well, and the BT fans should be thankful that somebody saved their franchide with MA.

Chew on that!

#52 CeeKay Boques

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

View PostRed Beard, on 16 February 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

MWO is mechwarriors LAST shot at being anything more than a fanboys wetdream. NOBODY wants a boring, half-a**ed computer game that pretends to place a player in the role of a mech pilot.(MW2 and 3) Millions upon millions of people want an action game that highlights mechs.

MW2 and MW3 were complete trainwrecks. MS SAVED MW, and most of you that are bitter about MA being made, and it's success, should pipe down. If they had not made MA, MW5 would have been the nail in the coffin. There has yet to be a truly playable mech sim. MW2 and 3 were cruel jokes on the world and I cannot even honestly count them as games. They were chores to play through. Action based mech games however, have been doing well, and the BT fans should be thankful that somebody saved their franchide with MA.

Chew on that!

You are uneducated, inexperienced, and wrong. However, there is only one of you, so you may stay.

#53 Celestial

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

Omg nerdgasm.
Please be MA3... PLEASE!
Don't get me wrong, Mechwarrior >>> Mechassault, but I still sure as hell enjoy me some good ol' Mechassault!

#54 Kaemon

• 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

I hope there is enough difference to entice new players, rather than just dilute the already established player base.

Seems a poor idea (marketing wise) to release so many similar games at the same time, but the ones that can't cut it will die off.
Let's see if we can get up a proper list of all 'mechy' games coming out this year.

MW:O - Mechwarrior Online (F2P)

MW:LL - Mechwarrior Living Legends (Mod)

MW:T - MechWarrior Tactics (F2P - Unity3 Browser Based)

MW:TC - Mechwarrior Tactical Command (iOS)

MT:SAT - MekTek Solaris Assault Tech (Unity3 engine)

Mechlike games

AC5 - Armored Core 5 (console)

Hawken - Matrix style?

RoT - Reign of Terror (that's an unfortunate abbrev.)

Edited by Kaemon, 21 February 2012 - 10:22 PM.

#55 ShaunBearU

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 26 posts
  • LocationChicago (Western Periphery), IL

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:38 PM

There is an upside, it will give the 8 year olds fuel to be future B-Tech fans.

#56 Vernius Ix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 405 posts
  • LocationOscar Mike

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:26 PM

I really just do not understand the hate for Mech Assault. Its NOT MECHWARRIOR, ITS MECH ASSUALT! Why can't people just appreciate the game for what it is, instead of hate it for what its not?

#57 Polymorphyne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 489 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:38 PM

instead of hate it for what its not?

Because it is set in the battletech universe, and in the battletech universe (And in any plausible universe) battlemechs do not pick up powerups.

#58 MuffinTop

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,089 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNext door to nobody.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:37 AM

I'm tired of getting teased by all this hype. I'm gonna go back to my real life with facebook and making real friends.

#59 EDMW CSN

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:51 AM

View PostLongsword, on 16 February 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

Because it is set in the battletech universe, and in the battletech universe (And in any plausible universe) battlemechs do not pick up powerups.

And no homing ppcs, no homing ppcs, no homing ppcs, no homing.....

Dear God nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!

#60 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:15 AM

It's always great to see a new mechassault, let's see how much they screw up this time and poke fun at it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users