Petition To Pgi To Build A Battletech Single Player Game

322 replies to this topic

Poll: Single Player Game (1180 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want a Full blown Mech Warrior Single Player Campaign?

1. Yes (957 votes [81.10%])

Percentage of vote: 81.10%

2. No (223 votes [18.90%])

Percentage of vote: 18.90%

Would you pay for a "kick start" founders program to get them started?

1. Yes (810 votes [68.64%])

Percentage of vote: 68.64%

2. No (370 votes [31.36%])

Percentage of vote: 31.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#261 IGuardianI

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

This would be cool, but, I wouldn't trust PGI to release something on time, so no I would not pay, and, finally and most importantly, this topic needs to die in my humble opinion because, COMMUNITY WARFARE FIRST PLOX!

#262 1Grimbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,123 posts
  • Locationsafe. . . . . you'll never get me in my hidey hole.

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

Hello bot matching!!!!!!!

#263 Naduk

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:02 PM

Voted no
While i do want a single player story
I would prefer to get a more full on bt multiplayer experience, tanks rolling under foot, jets screaming overhead, drop ships landing in the distance

Multi player needs alot more polish before devs waste time on a single player campaign that most people will play once and forget exists a week later

#264 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:06 PM

I'm in favor of a single, or co-op campaign. If anything, it allows new players to learn how to play the game, and master basic skills before they attempt dropping in multiplayer.

#265 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:41 AM

YES I would love a single player game.

NO I wouldn't kickstart anything with PGI's name attached. l gave them money at the start of MWO only to see it misappropriated, what we were told were "core pillars" turned into drinking straws, and have upper management insult us, not once but repeatedly.

#266 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:52 AM

Can we get a petition for them to build the multiplayer game the Founders kickstarted for?

#267 Red squirrel

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:05 AM

View PostHarathan, on 24 June 2014 - 08:52 AM, said:

Can we get a petition for them to build the multiplayer game the Founders kickstarted for?

lol ;) ;) I'm laughing and crying at the same time.

But nice to see that this post is still alive! Keep going Mechwarriors.
After all what we have so far is better than nothing. Maybe we can agree on that?

#268 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:56 PM

Yes, i would love to play a single player campaing!!! It could even give some special rewards once completed, like salvaged mechs, weapons or technology.
Do it, and youll get aot of support

#269 Nova Latios Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 606 posts
  • LocationAnother Galaxy

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:12 AM

My reaction to a single-player campaign.
Posted Image

#270 Kelbor

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:48 PM

Having been a long time battletech/mechwarrior fan I would love to see a another Mechwarrior single player game. Unfortunally I also know some of the history of this project. Mechwarrior Online started out as a single player game with a multiplayer component. PGI acquired the rights from Smith & Tinker, who bought the rights in good faith from Microsoft, and started work in earnest. Unfortunally Microsoft pulled one of their ashattery legal moves claiming partial rights and manufactured a requirement that the game had to made for the XBox360. PGI's only recourse was to circumvent MS and create a PC only, multiplayer only Mechwarrior that we all love today.

This tread shows how many great fans the old Mechwarrior games still have, and what a fantastic project that is being missed out on. Unfortunately MS has gone the route of backing new IP's like Titanfall and this game we have may be the last of the Mechwarrior line. So discuss, debate, and argue, all you want but please back PGI. They are probably the last chance we have.

#271 CocoaJin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:48 PM

Won't make enough money to justify the development. It's a nice, thought it ain't gonna happen.
The only reason we hot any kind of MechWarrior games is because the MMO F2P model means we'd provide continual income well in excess of several box purchases. Sadly, the IP lacks the mass appeal to be profitable enough on a single purchase.

#272 Nik Reaper

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:56 AM

Does anyone here know about corporate and licencing isues they might run in to if they tried this? As a game mode inside MWO it seems like it would be covered.
The only real problem is the lack of staff, after all they have problems keeping the live stuff more or less working , but with kickstarter like money I guess they could hire some temps, it's just that after phoenix and founder money situations it's hard to know if kickstater like money would go to single player mode or something else...

#273 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:17 PM

I'd like to see PGI release a very simple, small singleplayer and then release modding resources to the community to expand the game on our own, while they go back to focusing on the current MMO.

#274 Nik Reaper

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:45 PM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 31 August 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:

I'd like to see PGI release a very simple, small singleplayer and then release modding resources to the community to expand the game on our own, while they go back to focusing on the current MMO.

Well, the thing is , we can alredy extract resources from the live game and the engine is modable enough, so even now someone could probly do this if they wanted.

What you would be asking above is for PGI to develop tools ( ei spend time = spend money ) and AI wich they would use to provide a small "demo" so that the community could do more with that? From a financial stand point this doesnt sound like a good idea as I don't see any part of it you pay for, as the client is FtP and the community mods or "campains/modes" would be downloaded from a nexus like site or peer to peer download, as if PGI did the distribution it would again cost them bandwith and they would have to do quality check on the products, so I don't see much opportunity for them to profit off of this idea.

Not to say I would dislike it happening , just pointing out why it's very unlikely.

#275 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:10 AM

View PostNik Reaper, on 02 September 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

Well, the thing is , we can alredy extract resources from the live game and the engine is modable enough, so even now someone could probly do this if they wanted.

What you would be asking above is for PGI to develop tools ( ei spend time = spend money ) and AI wich they would use to provide a small "demo" so that the community could do more with that? From a financial stand point this doesnt sound like a good idea as I don't see any part of it you pay for, as the client is FtP and the community mods or "campains/modes" would be downloaded from a nexus like site or peer to peer download, as if PGI did the distribution it would again cost them bandwith and they would have to do quality check on the products, so I don't see much opportunity for them to profit off of this idea.

Not to say I would dislike it happening , just pointing out why it's very unlikely.

I'm well aware it won't happen, I'm just saying what I want.

#276 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:14 AM

Considering what happened to MechWarrior Tactics, why on earth would you want PGI near any more Battletech games?

#277 Voivode

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:11 PM

Wait, wait wait.

You're asking PGI to add a single player element to this game? A single player element to the newest mechwarrior game? Add a single player to a game that's part of a franchise that was built on single player campaign experiences?

Too much of a leap!

#278 Arctcwolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • 147 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:54 AM

The way to do this is to make it part of the learning curve/experience of new pilots. Start off in the early 3000's and work their way forward in history, up to present day.

Allow them to pick a path: clans or IS. Learn mech mechanics, tactics, skills, provide c-bills and xp as rewards.

Start with a limited selection of mechs that they can then work through and up into other chassis.

Allow packages and mechs to be purchased from day 1 of training for those who want a "jump start" in the mech they really want.

Work through the major houses as a "merc" in a solitary company, or as a Freebirth who earned their place as a Mech driver.

Play through historical wars/trials. Hit the major flashpoints and turns in history, bringing the new player up to current day/CW when it comes out.

Keep these "instances" separate from the rest of the players, but equally playable for all at any time.

This is a similar concept to how "Star Trek: Online" is set up. This makes it so the "noobs" have a chance to learn against a computer before being thrown out into the real world, that way you dont lose noobs when they end up getting solidly wiped match after match, as they have already learned something, and have invested a decent amount of time in the game already.

#279 Nik Reaper

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:10 PM

^ This would be ideal , but considering things, for ths to happen while keeping up on Live operations as a source of income while developing this PGI would have to increase in size by quite a bit... if only they could hire some part timers for a project like this...

Consider a campaign, about 20 missions seem good enough, mby on the generous side , even if they use the existing maps they sould still need a few more, and we can see how long it takes them to put maps together and test them...

The reason one would hope PGI to do this is that they hold the licence for at least another 4 years... we are not ageless , if someone started a regular development cycle in 4 years , the game would be available in at least 6 years, in case PGI doesn't extent the licence, if they do and still decide not to make a vs AI campaign it could be about or more than 10 years till we potentialy get a MechWarrior game... so yeah, they might not be the developers we deserve but are the developers we got x) .

#280 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:30 PM

View PostNorris J Packard, on 27 December 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

This is my first MechWarrior game, no skin off my back.

Really? Well you're in luck!
http://www.myabandon...ch/Mechwarrior/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users