123 replies to this topic

#1 DJFrost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 171 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:14 PM

Not really trying to sound like a whiner, but holy hell it seems that the last month has gone downhill in the sense that I have been seeing more and more crap matches where I am being dropped in even my assaults, within moments of the match starting. Teammates being lrmed within seconds of powering up, one hit kills with Large pulse and Med pulse lasers and more. Hell, a unit member and I watched a firestarter lose a leg, then had it again about two minutes later, then watched the leg heal after being hit.

My question is, are there measures in place to prevent cheating, and will this all be sorted out soon, or are we all at the mercy of these cowards who cannot play fairly? Today has been almost unbearable. After three matches I am almost ready to just uninstall.

#2 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:15 PM

I've seen zero cheating.

#3 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:16 PM

I have seen none of the things you talk about. Ever.

#4 Kirkland Langue

• Bad Company
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:18 PM

What the OP describes isn't cheating - it's the impact of Host State Rewind that MWO uses to normalize latency for users. I've seen a lot more of it over the last month as well.

At least that's what it sounds like.

#5 girl on fire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:20 PM

I've also never seen anything like that

#6 Darzok

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:23 PM

The LRM spam seconds after starting is down to poor start points on some maps C vally been one of the worst since you can be seen with in around 3 seconds by an enemy light if you happen to start at the bottom of the map next to the water.

The leg been healed sounds like a desync error the client saying that legs been blown off and then been told by the server NOPE and bang the leg pops back.

As for what you think of been 1 shot odds are you just did not see every thing but it can happen with some builds IE low armor builds or the enemy has a silly alpha build and did a alpha of like 80 odd points.

Edited by Darzok, 07 January 2015 - 12:28 PM.

#7 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:24 PM

View PostDJFrost, on 07 January 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

seeing more and more crap matches where I am being dropped in even my assaults,

Assaults are slow and if caught in a bad position by multiple enemies can be cored out in seconds. Some of the best matches I've had lately are when I'm in my Jenner running around and generally not doing stupid things that get me killed by being close to multiple hostiles as their only target.

within moments of the match starting. Teammates being lrmed within seconds of powering up,

River City is a bad, small map.

one hit kills with Large pulse and Med pulse lasers and more.

More likely is was several large/medium pulses lasers all converging to one spot maybe even from more than one enemy. HSR sometimes can be to blame, but also you just don't get the kind of feedback of being hit by lasers like you do every other weapon (screen shake, noise, etc).

Hell, a unit member and I watched a firestarter lose a leg, then had it again about two minutes later, then watched the leg heal after being hit.

LSD is a hell of a drug (or more likely, there were two firestarters).

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 07 January 2015 - 12:28 PM.

#8 luigi256

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:25 PM

I haven't seen cheating and as far as I know PGI has stated that it is near impossible to cheat in this game.

It must be a lag issue if you are seeing people lose a leg and recover it. That I have never ever seen before though even when my ping jumps to the 700s for whatever reason.

#9 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:25 PM

View PostDJFrost, on 07 January 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

Not really trying to sound like a whiner, but holy hell it seems that the last month has gone downhill in the sense that I have been seeing more and more crap matches where I am being dropped in even my assaults, within moments of the match starting. Teammates being lrmed within seconds of powering up, one hit kills with Large pulse and Med pulse lasers and more. Hell, a unit member and I watched a firestarter lose a leg, then had it again about two minutes later, then watched the leg heal after being hit.

My question is, are there measures in place to prevent cheating, and will this all be sorted out soon, or are we all at the mercy of these cowards who cannot play fairly? Today has been almost unbearable. After three matches I am almost ready to just uninstall.

IMO cheating in MWO is extremely hard.

Now having said that. I have had what I would call "bugged" matches. I had my entire team wiped in about 3 minutes. We all did less than 100 damage and I swear my mech had no armor. I'd get hit and immediately had red internals. DWF dropped like flies to only a few LRMs and laser hits.

#10 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:31 PM

There is no rampant cheating.

within moments of the match starting. Teammates being lrmed within seconds of powering up

Spawn locations are static on each map/game mode and on some maps the spawn locations can be quite close. Players who know the spawn locations (*raises hand) will often rush one to see if they can catch people off guard.

one hit kills with Large pulse and Med pulse lasers and more.

Often times a group of lasers from the same component will appear to look like 1 or 2 lasers. More likely you're getting slammed by a 50+ alpha. Or you were getting hit by someone else, or you were headshotted. Don't rely on that damage report screen. If you get hit by 6 medium lasers simultaneously or back to back, it will say 1 medium laser.

Hell, a unit member and I watched a firestarter lose a leg, then had it again about two minutes later, then watched the leg heal after being hit.

I play this game a lot and I have never seen that before in my life. Most likely you either didn't see it right, or it was another firestarter. If it's as unbearable as you claim just record some footage and show us your proof. All of what you claimed would be easily provable with a recording.

#11 occusoj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 452 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:35 PM

As others have already stated, it sounds a lot like the usual bugs, except the leg. Never seen such a thing.
Sometimes damage registeres wrong causing some serious WTF moments. Its not your opponent cheating.

I dont use any cheats but still somehow managed to kill two mechs with one AC20 shot once, The game certainly is bugged.

After three matches I am almost ready to just uninstall.

First to claim your stuff.

#12 AntiCitizenJuan

• 1,440 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:38 PM

I saw an aimbotter yesterday night in a CDA3C. It was obvious he was botting too.
Other than that one instance Ive never seen cheating ingame

#13 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts
  • LocationWallet Closed PGI Knows Why

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:38 PM

Nothing described by OP indicates cheating (not saying there isn't "cheating" having been around since beta) however he describes the actual average pug player base after a holiday influx of new players or old players who returned for events.

Once those people quit playing pugs again the ELO system goes more haywire that it always is and you get the mixture of usual scrub lords playing/dropped against better players and small teams.

Welcome to the realization of how crappy pugging has been in this game for years. /golfclap.

#14 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:39 PM

All I can say is... generally most people are playing in CW than in the solo/group queue, so the quality of play has generally lowered as a result.

#15 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:40 PM

There is no spoon...

#16 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:41 PM

Sorry, never seen anything like that. But I've only done 7000 drops or so.

Edited by Terciel1976, 07 January 2015 - 12:41 PM.

#17 MoonfireSpam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:48 PM

Was going to let this thread die, but instead decided to post my own bit - I have never seen anything described in the OP. If this stuff is happenening try taking less drugs, maybe the damage isn't yet permanent or become more observan at the game (and bump it for more people to enjoy).

#18 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:55 PM

No one wants to bother coding a cheat program for this game.

#19 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:59 PM

what drugs have you been taking?

pretty sure most people would like some.

#20 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:03 PM

There is cheating and to say other wise it folly. There are also bots here on the forums that jump on any thread containing certain words like cheating, synch drop etc. (see above this post)

Being said there isn't a lot of it. Did see the guy mentioned above or his brother as the founders on the other team reported him and he was on their team. Only other was a fs doing serious lag shield. He was called on it and discoed right after.

It really isn't a big problem as the old hands in the game know what to look for and jump on it. I usually don't have to.

What you describe in the opening post seems just like farmers taking advantage. They don't want a fight, they want c-bills.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users