• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:14 PM

View PostDarth Mech, on 07 January 2015 - 03:11 PM, said:

Answer: NO.

This game is server-side authoritative which makes 90% of the classic aim-boting and wall hack techniques non-functional. That fact in itself constitutes a major anti-cheating counter measure.

Of course it also opens the door to other issues, see HSR, lag-shields etc...

Edited by HlynkaCG, 07 January 2015 - 05:22 PM.

#42 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 07 January 2015 - 03:03 PM, said:

There is cheating and to say other wise it folly. There are also bots here on the forums that jump on any thread containing certain words like cheating, synch drop etc. (see above this post)

Being said there isn't a lot of it. Did see the guy mentioned above or his brother as the founders on the other team reported him and he was on their team. Only other was a fs doing serious lag shield. He was called on it and discoed right after.

It really isn't a big problem as the old hands in the game know what to look for and jump on it. I usually don't have to.

What you describe in the opening post seems just like farmers taking advantage. They don't want a fight, they want c-bills.

Are you insinuating DV McKenna is a forum bot account?

#43 RG Notch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:20 PM

View PostBlacksoul1987, on 07 January 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

aimbots are easy to find people want to sell them if you don't like google then check facebook hacker forums websites. its not hard to track down at all so your comment is kinda silly.

I always believe what hackers want to sell me on the internet, because should it not work I can get my money back right? Plus perusing their sites is ideal way to test just how good hackers they are. Anyways they can't say stuff on the internet if it's not true, at least that's what they say on the internet and thus it's true. :rolleyes:

#44 occusoj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 452 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:23 PM

aimbots are easy to find people want to sell them if you don't like google then check facebook hacker forums websites. its not hard to track down at all so your comment is kinda silly.

Didnt word it well, sorry.
I meant: Theres much more around than google finds. The aimbots I saw werent that unreliable at all. But then, many moons have passed and maybe they dont work anymore.

Still, Ive seen only a single one in all of my drops.
Even 100% perfect aim wont help against poor situational awareness, positioning, heat management,....
Its impact is relatively small in MWO, so no one bothers to use one.
Cheating isnt a problem at all, the various bugs and glitches are.

#45 Blacksoul1987

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 392 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:28 PM

View PostRG Notch, on 07 January 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

I always believe what hackers want to sell me on the internet, because should it not work I can get my money back right? Plus perusing their sites is ideal way to test just how good hackers they are. Anyways they can't say stuff on the internet if it's not true, at least that's what they say on the internet and thus it's true. :rolleyes:

wow you are pretty dense man. have you considered looking it up on their website then going to a non affiliated website to look up discussions on it? and If you read all my comments you would see that I said their own video made the aimbot look like **** so you wouldn't want to buy it just based off the video they provide. other games have much better aimbots.

Edit: also in F2P games hacking is more abundant due to the fact you can simply create a new acct for free. yet this game its really rare why?

Planetside 2 you can see hackers fairly commonly they usually get cleaned up quick and get banned but still not too uncommon.

I've busted people aimbotting in Rust many of them dumb enough to use same username on hacker forums just send link to steam and they got banned.

Just the nature of how hit detection works in this game is gonna make aimbots unreliable.

Edited by Blacksoul1987, 07 January 2015 - 04:36 PM.

#46 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:31 PM

View PostBlacksoul1987, on 07 January 2015 - 04:28 PM, said:

wow you are pretty dense man. have you considered looking it up on their website then going to a non affiliated website to look up discussions on it? and If you read all my comments you would see that I said their own video made the aimbot look like **** so you wouldn't want to buy it just based off the video they provide. other games have much better aimbots.

I believe you. But you didn't just read this you tested it right? So you installed these and tried them or are you sayingpeople can't put something on the internet unless it's true? Someone's dense here, I'll let other people judge.

#47 Blacksoul1987

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 392 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:51 PM

View PostRG Notch, on 07 January 2015 - 04:31 PM, said:

I believe you. But you didn't just read this you tested it right? So you installed these and tried them or are you sayingpeople can't put something on the internet unless it's true? Someone's dense here, I'll let other people judge.

obviously people lie on the internet. but how is a website with user's expressing dissatisfaction with a product gonna help them sell it? Reviews for aimbots in mwo were negative. reviews for aimbots in the other 2 games were positive. the reviews matched the video footage that I saw, they could be lying but in this instance I have no reason to suspect they were. I've seen obvious hackers in the other 2 games. This game I've had an occasional suspicion but running into them again later usually removes the suspicion.

And No I did not install them and test them myself I have spent nearly many hundreds of dollars on this game and would not jeopardize that.

I tend to mistrust the accusers more than anything as from my experience the people sending out these accusations tend to be very sub par pilots with bruised egos.

#48 blood4blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 527 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:59 PM

I never saw armor restore itself or anything I'd definitively claim was an aimbot in MWO. I do know people with much, much better aim than me who almost always hit the part of the mech they want to hit.

One weird event: I saw a mech appear to come back from the dead once, recently. I was dueling a light mech (forget which type), it was cored & red CT, I alpha'd and thought I saw the destruction animation, turned away to get back to the main fight, then died when the light shot me in the back. After a couple WTF exclamations, I figured it was either a huge lag spike/HSR issue, or more likely an animation issue where I saw a body hit explosion and he shut down at the same time, looking similar enough to the death animation I expected that I interpreted it as a death animation. Nothing I'd call a hack though.

(Are there hacks? Probably, most games have them. I never bothered to check around, I don't see any point to it. Are they rampant? I highly doubt it.)

#49 MechWarrior9376871

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:03 PM

It would be pretty easy for PGI to detect aim bots, unless they were turned way down to less than 100% accurate.

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 07 January 2015 - 12:24 PM, said:

LSD is a hell of a drug (or more likely, there were two firestarters).

Ive never even seen a legged Firestarter live 2 minutes! lol.

Edited by 911 Inside Job, 07 January 2015 - 05:05 PM.

#50 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:08 PM

I can't say I've ever seen cheating on that level.

I've seen - and had on my own mech - instances where a torso was lost, and yet the arm remained, attached to technically nothing, but still functional. It's rare, and I've been the benefactor of it, but it's not a cheat. I also had one instance where my mech lost an arm - complete with the verbal message regarding the lost items in that arm - and yet it still functioned. After a few more hits, it was lost a second time, and that stuck.

That being said, there have been a few cases of suspiciously good aim. Well over a year ago, I somehow died to nothing but a headshot from a mech standing to my right while in my Atlas (cockpit is on the left side of the mech.) Only one mech had clear line of sight, and he somehow headshot me from a distance with an AC20 and at least 1 PPC since that was all that was listed. Fresh Atlas to dead by a head-shot from the wrong side of the mech with a pair of weapons with different flight profiles... yeah, that is suspect.

There was also the other time some guy managed to get a pair of shots to my head while I was in a Thunderbolt while moving and turning, and yet both separate salvos hit the head perfectly, killing me.

On the other hand, I once headshot a fresh, moving Locust with nothing but a snap-shot with a pair of PPC at the target way off to my left while also moving - he only died because he admitted he had removed armor from his head. To the outside observer, that could have looked like I was cheating since I'm sure I could never duplicate that shot again.

Still, in all the games I've played, those are the only 2 instances that stand out, which is rather impressive.

Edited by oldradagast, 07 January 2015 - 05:15 PM.

#51 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:12 PM

This thread has too many responses for a troll.

#52 Blacksoul1987

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 392 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:19 PM

View PostXetelian, on 07 January 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

This thread has too many responses for a troll.

you sure he's trolling? there are quite a few players throwing around accusations these days.

#53 orcrist86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:38 PM

Client side cheats do exist. I've seen the evidence and it can be found easily enough. The things mentioned by OP however are not the client side stuff you would see. Likely it was a combination of bad positioning and timing.

#54 terrycloth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 769 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:41 PM

I saw someone else talking about a stupid mech trick, where you time a shut down with some component being destroyed on your mech, so it looks like you were killed and people ignore you until you power back up. That might be the 'come back to life' thing.

I've also seen dead mechs register as alive on radar. They actually aren't alive though (they don't move, fire, or take further damage).

#55 Hell in a Helmet

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 48 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:49 PM

I saw something the other day that gave me pause. At the beginning of a match, my mech powers up and I turn to the right to observe a friendly Raven pass directly in front of a friendly Nova just finishing the power up cycle. As he is passing, the Nova fires off some of his lasers and they strike the Raven. Nothing odd, we've seen people do such things on purpose many times and the occasional misfire as a friendly passes in front at the start is quite possible but what was odd about this encounter was that the Nova's lasers snapped to the Raven and hit the Raven the entire duration as it passed perpendicular to the line of fire. The Nova did not torso twist when this occurred so while he continued to look straight ahead it appeared that the lasers were "rubber banding" to the Raven.

#56 Thorqemada

• 6,368 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:07 PM

Some while ago i saw on occurance peole sniping without Zoom and snapping shots without ever missing and even AC2 boats hitting Lights 800m away that zickzagged like crazy without ever missing a single shot.

That all can be hidden very easy...Autozoom on Targets at range, Snapshots with a slight slowdown and radomness, getting not to jeaous about your accuracy.

Sure there is a Player Elite - even more sure is that this Internt-Elite is way smaller than the count of all the Hotshots out there.
From the People i know - who do not play MWO or have stopped playing - at least 50% use cheats frequently.
Some use them to win, some to make Money, some bcs they are bad and some bcs "all People" use cheats.

For MWO, JJ + Ligths + Speed be official exploits - you can hit Mechs with Gauss pretty easy and with practice even jumping Mechs - Pulse Lasers + Quirks are hellish and Firestarters become Gods of Destuction - Terrain Hitboxes.....well....we all have been hit behind cover and is it HSR or a Clipping Bug and today ipumped 180 damage into a Stalkers Leg and got it not destroyed - Bug, Exploit, Cheat?

For sure very annoying!

Edited by Thorqemada, 07 January 2015 - 06:08 PM.

#57 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:23 PM

Is it just me or does every thread by a user with a name starting with "DJ" turn out to be whining?

Except for maybe this guy...I could be wrong though:

View PostDjPush, on 07 January 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

There is no spoon...

#58 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:28 PM

View PostBlacksoul1987, on 07 January 2015 - 05:19 PM, said:

you sure he's trolling? there are quite a few players throwing around accusations these days.

Yes I'm sure.

#59 DJFrost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 171 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:09 PM

I was absolutely not trolling. When several people in a drop see the same thing, it is obviously not just a random sync error, I would think. I do appreciate the people actually contributing a proper response. Thank you for the input. For those who feel like tossing out drug references, or trolling accusations, or just flat out telling me I am wrong, go back to 4chan.

On a positive note, it does seem the CW has better matches other than the normal CW bugs, thanks for that suggestion. I have been normally avoiding those matches since a lot of teams just started cheesing lrms and ppcs lol.

Also, this was not a "whine" post, I was asking a legit question. I have not heard of many issues with cheating, and haven't seen many recent posts on the topic either. Seeing as support isn' repsonding atm while they focus on catching up, I thought I would ask here.

#60 Kaspirikay

• Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:23 PM

I've only seen one hack in this game and that is a speed hack. That was over a year ago.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users