Cheating Rampant?

123 replies to this topic

#81 Apocryph0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 325 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:29 AM

Yeah, it might look a bit OP when you see a hovering mech that warps around, but the warping pilot won't be able to hit anything either :P

Also love the mini-version of that: Take a 170kph Light mech and run full speed into another mech. It's like Scotty is overheating the core to Warp level 500.

#82 IG 88

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 416 posts
  • LocationSagunay, Québec Canada

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:38 AM

youtube mw:o hack/cheat. found plenty.

Edited by IG 88, 08 January 2015 - 04:38 AM.

#83 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:55 AM

View PostIG 88, on 08 January 2015 - 04:38 AM, said:

youtube mw:o hack/cheat. found plenty.

Find one that isn't from closed beta, isn't a virus and works?
No?

ggclose

#84 Ratpoison

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 851 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:05 AM

Cheating isn't rampant, whiny paranoid noobs who call good players cheaters are.

#85 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:20 AM

View PosttortuousGoddess, on 08 January 2015 - 05:05 AM, said:

Cheating isn't rampant, whiny paranoid noobs who call good players cheaters are.

Problem is you supposed good players do nothing to police those who exploit for profit. The shame is on you because no one can tell who the good player is past the farmer.

Your all baddies until the day you stand up to stop it. You don't though. You go out of your way to defend it.

#86 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:22 AM

In almost 6000 drops i have never seen something i suspected of being a cheat. As far as im concerned there are no hacks in this game, not ones that work at all well anyway.

That is AMAZING for a F2P online game. AMAZING.

#87 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:25 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 08 January 2015 - 05:22 AM, said:

In almost 6000 drops i have never seen something i suspected of being a cheat. As far as im concerned there are no hacks in this game, not ones that work at all well anyway.

That is AMAZING for a F2P online game. AMAZING.

Over 16k drops and I can tell you there are limited hacks but they are out there. The exploits though create the idea there are lots of hacks. Use some common sense Mr. experience.

#88 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:49 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 08 January 2015 - 05:20 AM, said:

Problem is you supposed good players do nothing to police those who exploit for profit. The shame is on you because no one can tell who the good player is past the farmer.

Your all baddies until the day you stand up to stop it. You don't though. You go out of your way to defend it.

You keep saying things like this, but you can never offer proof. Record video and so when you see things happening or someone admits to cheating like you keep saying they do for you it is on record and you can offer it up. With all that you have supposedly experienced, the numerous team coming clean about sync dropping, the focus fire you claim can't happen without TS, the suspicious activity you witness; you would have a plethora of proof. Instead you drop into the forums and monthly make a post about how horrible it is that you keep losing to these boogeyman sync droppers over and over and how MWO is going to die because of all the sync dropping exploiters the rest of us never experience.

You have made a comment that posters have stated it never happens. That is untrue. We have asked you for proof it has happened which you then say, "I don't have to provide proof just go look for yourself." We have and haven't found it so either you are the most lucky/unlucky player in MWO history, or it isn't happening as often as you claim and as outrageously horrible as you make it out to be. Does it happen? Probably. Does it happen enough that the average player will run into it more than once a year? Probably not.

#89 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:12 AM

View PostDJFrost, on 07 January 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

..... one hit kills with Large pulse and Med pulse lasers......

Lots of things you're not taking into consideration with this one....the first of which is a Targeting Computer.

Increases range, projectile speed and critical chance. If you hit a guy with an XL engine in the Side Torso with 2 or more CLPLs attached to a TC 4 or 5, and you're going to get cored FAST.

#90 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:15 AM

View PostMercules, on 08 January 2015 - 05:49 AM, said:

You keep saying things like this, but you can never offer proof. Record video and so when you see things happening or someone admits to cheating like you keep saying they do for you it is on record and you can offer it up. With all that you have supposedly experienced, the numerous team coming clean about sync dropping, the focus fire you claim can't happen without TS, the suspicious activity you witness; you would have a plethora of proof. Instead you drop into the forums and monthly make a post about how horrible it is that you keep losing to these boogeyman sync droppers over and over and how MWO is going to die because of all the sync dropping exploiters the rest of us never experience.

You have made a comment that posters have stated it never happens. That is untrue. We have asked you for proof it has happened which you then say, "I don't have to provide proof just go look for yourself." We have and haven't found it so either you are the most lucky/unlucky player in MWO history, or it isn't happening as often as you claim and as outrageously horrible as you make it out to be. Does it happen? Probably. Does it happen enough that the average player will run into it more than once a year? Probably not.

Stop with the proof gambit. Many of us are used to that trick of shills. There is no proof for the blind.

If you haven't figured it out whats really going on with the countless threads, open admissions and such then your just trying to lay it one us like the many who have over the past few years.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 08 January 2015 - 05:16 PM.
Insults

#91 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:18 AM

Mud, PGI should really code you a tinfoil hat cockpit item.

#92 MechWarrior9376871

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:33 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 07 January 2015 - 06:07 PM, said:

Some while ago i saw on occurance peole sniping without Zoom and snapping shots without ever missing and even AC2 boats hitting Lights 800m away that zickzagged like crazy without ever missing a single shot.

That all can be hidden very easy...Autozoom on Targets at range, Snapshots with a slight slowdown and radomness, getting not to jeaous about your accuracy.

Sure there is a Player Elite - even more sure is that this Internt-Elite is way smaller than the count of all the Hotshots out there.
From the People i know - who do not play MWO or have stopped playing - at least 50% use cheats frequently.
Some use them to win, some to make Money, some bcs they are bad and some bcs "all People" use cheats.

For MWO, JJ + Ligths + Speed be official exploits - you can hit Mechs with Gauss pretty easy and with practice even jumping Mechs - Pulse Lasers + Quirks are hellish and Firestarters become Gods of Destuction - Terrain Hitboxes.....well....we all have been hit behind cover and is it HSR or a Clipping Bug and today ipumped 180 damage into a Stalkers Leg and got it not destroyed - Bug, Exploit, Cheat?

For sure very annoying!

Ive seen this as well. Good human aim is OP. Some people can shoot. Human precision is actually superior to any machine, at least in the Telescope Lens Grinding business where all very large telescope lenses have to be ground by old men with insane skill.

Just because you cannot make crazy shots does not mean others cannot make those shots 9 times out of 10. I know an old man who can cut a wire at 100 yards with a cheap $100 9mm pistol he has only fired once before. I was 30 years old and couldn't even see the wire without binoculars...

Edited by 911 Inside Job, 08 January 2015 - 06:35 AM.

#93 Shredhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:34 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 08 January 2015 - 05:20 AM, said:

What are these exploits? Could you eloborate?

#94 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:51 AM

View PostShredhead, on 08 January 2015 - 06:34 AM, said:

What are these exploits? Could you eloborate?

People using VOIP communication. That is the main exploit he goes on, and on, and on, and on about and has for 2 years. Now that 2+ groups can't drop in the solo que he has started to accuse sync droppers as the new problem. Apparently they drop in nearly every game he plays while I have yet to witness this in any of my solo matches. He can't provide proof however... since recordings are so hard to make and post and no one does it... ever.

#95 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:55 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 08 January 2015 - 06:15 AM, said:

Stop with the proof gambit.

It's not a gambit. If you make a claim then you are under the burden to back that claim with some form of proof. Otherwise your claim can be dismissed as BS.

I think Mudshutwarrior is actually Apple's Siri with an MWO account and it has learned to constantly post about Groups in the PuG que and eventually switched over to Sync Dropping when it was told over and over groups can no longer drop with Solo players.

I don't have to provide any proof though because if you guys don't see this you are blind and not paying attention. :rolleyes:

#96 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:01 AM

View PostMercules, on 08 January 2015 - 06:51 AM, said:

People using VOIP communication. That is the main exploit he goes on, and on, and on, and on about and has for 2 years. Now that 2+ groups can't drop in the solo que he has started to accuse sync droppers as the new problem. Apparently they drop in nearly every game he plays while I have yet to witness this in any of my solo matches. He can't provide proof however... since recordings are so hard to make and post and no one does it... ever.

That's why you put him on ignore. Why do people engage with this one hit wonder? Do you think after all this time he's not going to suddenly change? He's not the problem, he can't help himself. If people just put him on ignore it saves a lot of trouble. It's like people actual try to reason with Heffay. Ignore is your friend when dealing with people who simply can't be reasoned with. Unless you like talking to or banging your head against a wall.

#97 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:04 AM

View PostRG Notch, on 08 January 2015 - 07:01 AM, said:

That's why you put him on ignore. Why do people engage with this one hit wonder? Do you think after all this time he's not going to suddenly change? He's not the problem, he can't help himself. If people just put him on ignore it saves a lot of trouble. It's like people actual try to reason with Heffay. Ignore is your friend when dealing with people who simply can't be reasoned with. Unless you like talking to or banging your head against a wall.

The issue with putting him on ignore is that then I don't know when he is spewing misinformation at new people who don't know his agenda yet and might be impressionable to believe that what he is saying is actually factual, well known, and backed up by some sort of proof... which it isn't.

I'll "take one for the team" and engage him in his ridiculousness. He eventually stops responding to me when I continue to reasonably ask for proof over and over and the newer people get to see him avoid offering any up again and again which derails his rants.

#98 Porcorosso101

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 122 posts
  • LocationUK, Berkshire

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:04 AM

Once had several games where I think my graphics card was acting up causing every mech onscreen to go white! -

I had gone to desktop to do stuff and popped back to MWO: now every mech was greyish/white: made it damn easy to spot everything but it fixed itself next game.

Anyone else experience this?

#99 Shredhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:05 AM

View PostMercules, on 08 January 2015 - 06:51 AM, said:

I know literally no one who does this outside of solo tournaments, and I know literally no circumstances that let this happen regularly.
If there are other supposed exploits he's hinting at, I want to know them.

#100 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:14 AM

View PostMercules, on 08 January 2015 - 07:04 AM, said:

The issue with putting him on ignore is that then I don't know when he is spewing misinformation at new people who don't know his agenda yet and might be impressionable to believe that what he is saying is actually factual, well known, and backed up by some sort of proof... which it isn't.

I'll "take one for the team" and engage him in his ridiculousness. He eventually stops responding to me when I continue to reasonably ask for proof over and over and the newer people get to see him avoid offering any up again and again which derails his rants.

To me that's the same logic that leads to people actually talking about creationism like it's a legitimate alternative to evolution. No matter what you say to a fanatic he's just going to keep saying the same nonsense. Nothing derails zealotry. Obviously a group touched him in a bad place and he's never gotten over it. You think you can reason with this. If he keeps his blathering up and no one bothers to engage him he will go away.
Honestly, it's nice to see people who want to deal with his nonsense, but really if you want to police nonsense in these forums you've got your work cut out for you. There will always be people spouting nonsense, the best way in my opinion is to just ignore it. Engaging him in anyway, IMO gives his lunacy relevance. Anyways, do what you like, but I've made peace with the fact that you can't police lunacy on the internets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users