#101 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:15 AM

View PostShredhead, on 08 January 2015 - 07:05 AM, said:

I know literally no one who does this outside of solo tournaments, and I know literally no circumstances that let this happen regularly.
If there are other supposed exploits he's hinting at, I want to know them.

Read his post, he isn't. He was saying things like "Why worry about cheats when so many people do exploits every day." and then alluded to sync drops.

#102 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:19 AM

View PostRG Notch, on 08 January 2015 - 07:14 AM, said:

To me that's the same logic that leads to people actually talking about creationism like it's a legitimate alternative to evolution. No matter what you say to a fanatic he's just going to keep saying the same nonsense. Nothing derails zealotry. Obviously a group touched him in a bad place and he's never gotten over it. You think you can reason with this. If he keeps his blathering up and no one bothers to engage him he will go away.
Honestly, it's nice to see people who want to deal with his nonsense, but really if you want to police nonsense in these forums you've got your work cut out for you. There will always be people spouting nonsense, the best way in my opinion is to just ignore it. Engaging him in anyway, IMO gives his lunacy relevance. Anyways, do what you like, but I've made peace with the fact that you can't police lunacy on the internets.

Extinction is a powerful behavioural control tool but it's only useful if the person doesn't have an audience. This would be why in the group home setting you would isolate the person acting out and then those who had to deal with them would ignore inappropriate behaviour. It won't work on a forum because there are plenty of other people who will be his audience. So the best option is to educate his audience as to the nature of his issue and give him the opportunity to show them how little legitimacy he has in his claim. After that they will discount his claim.

#103 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:54 AM

First rule of sync club is you don't talk about sync club.

Also pics or it didn't happen.

#104 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:12 AM

You guys are too funny. I have been synch dropping with others on a regular basis for over a month now. When we do we all wear the [MUD] Tag and we announce what we have done.

Many hundreds of players have witnessed this in game so your claim for proof means nothing. I provide it most everyday now and not to you experts of the game.

I actually enjoy that you keep up with your insults, calls for putting me on ignore and such because anyone who has witnessed what we do regularly now knows who the fools really are and who really needs to be ignored.

There is your proof as you marginalize yourselves in front of everyone. :)

#105 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:24 AM

Take video, collect evidence and submit a ticket.

support@mwomercs.com

#106 Shredhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:39 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 08 January 2015 - 08:12 AM, said:

You guys are too funny. I have been synch dropping with others on a regular basis for over a month now. When we do we all wear the [MUD] Tag and we announce what we have done.

Many hundreds of players have witnessed this in game so your claim for proof means nothing. I provide it most everyday now and not to you experts of the game.

I actually enjoy that you keep up with your insults, calls for putting me on ignore and such because anyone who has witnessed what we do regularly now knows who the fools really are and who really needs to be ignored.

You could surely pick an evening and take a screenshot of every drop you do on this evening. Then come back and show us out of how many drops you actually landed on the same side, with proof.
If you can't provide it, I call bullshit. I also call bullshit on your claim that good players do it.

#107 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:41 AM

And yet you can't stomp yout way out of low Elo, I thought it was an exploit that gave guaranteed wins :lol:

#108 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:49 AM

View PostShredhead, on 08 January 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

You could surely pick an evening and take a screenshot of every drop you do on this evening. Then come back and show us out of how many drops you actually landed on the same side, with proof.
If you can't provide it, I call bullshit. I also call bullshit on your claim that good players do it.

Sure, made the offer before. You want screen shots gift me a Dire. Be glad to do it. Till then I only provide my efforts for those I drop with and against. Been burned by you forum experts too many times before. Just go back to any of my threads and its the same crap. You ask for proof, I provide it and its never good enough and some other series of hoops to jump through is requested.

Always a con, always not enough.

[redacted]

Those who see it know it. Just not you.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 08 January 2015 - 05:17 PM.
Unconstructive/insult

#109 blood4blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 527 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:57 AM

View PostIG 88, on 08 January 2015 - 04:38 AM, said:

youtube mw:o hack/cheat. found plenty.

I just watched one that claimed to be an aimbot. The video showed it spreading damage all over a Hunchback at <150m range. My aim's not the best, but it's never been that bad. If that's the quality of aimbot out there, then I really hope more people use it - I'll survive longer and get a lot more kills if they do. :)

#110 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:12 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 08 January 2015 - 08:49 AM, said:

Sure, made the offer before. You want screen shots gift me a Dire. Be glad to do it. Till then I only provide my efforts for those I drop with and against. Been burned by you forum experts too many times before. Just go back to any of my threads and its the same crap. You ask for proof, I provide it and its never good enough and some other series of hoops to jump through is requested.

Always a con, always not enough.

So you can kiss.......

Those who see it know it. Just not you.

See, the problem is that you have yet to provide Empirical Evidence. What you have provided, like once in the past and then referenced endlessly since then, was some very circumstantial evidence that really didn't demonstrate sync dropping.

If I remember correctly it was a couple screen shots of people with the same tags in matches. Now SoR has over 100 people listed in the MWO org chart in various regiments, companies, and lances. I am now apparently 3:2:1 and I'm not actually listed on the org chart yet as it hasn't been updated in the last month.

So that would be about half of the SoR players of MWO is listed on that chart. To be very fair we will say there are probably 150-ish MWO SoR players active. So when I hop into the Solo Pug que to level up a mech or because the TS server is quiet or maybe because I only have time for a couple quick matches I will sometimes drop in matches and find SoR players in the same match. We didn't sync drop but there are enough of us that the chances of it happening during a busy time are pretty good.

Now, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. So you have that going for you, but it's like claiming Bigfoot walks down a major highway once a day and then not being able/willing to take a picture (that isn't blurry) of this occurrence to prove your claim.

Even better, with your claim of you doing it all the time it is like you walking down a major highway in a Bigfoot suit and refusing to have a friend snap a photo of your doing it.

Edited by Mercules, 08 January 2015 - 09:14 AM.

#111 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:26 AM

The real problem is you under some impression I owe you something as in evidence. Your not PGI , just another gamer and frankly that adds up to nothing just like myself. PGI would be the only ones I would lift a finger for and I don't need to as they already know.

I don't owe you or any of the supposed expert posters here a thing. I do my thing in game and if that doesn't fit with your agenda to bad.

You pay me and I will do it. You don't and you can type several hundred paragraphs and you will still get nothing.

[redacted]

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 08 January 2015 - 05:19 PM.

#112 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:04 AM

Threads like this do no good. If you truly and honestly think people are cheating, collect evidence and send it in to PGI. Posting on the forums doesn't help, can't help. It'll only start a flame war which is already brewing.

#113 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:25 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 08 January 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

The real problem is you under some impression I owe you something as in evidence.

No the real problem is there is none to provide. Which is why you cajole and state you don't have to provide any. Since a video of you doing it effectively would be insanely easy to make and post if you can regularly pull sync dropping off, and you have yet to offer one, the the most logical conclusion is you can't do it reliably enough to get a recording of it happening.

If you want to post the claim to the forum you have to provide proof or accept the mockery you have garnered.

Posted Image

#114 topgun505

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,625 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOhio

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:30 AM

In 13000+ games I can think of maybe 4-6 games where someone may have been using an aimbot. MAYBE. But nothing obvious enough that I would stake money on it.

So there might be some hacks out there but I certainly wouldn't call it rampant.

#115 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:10 AM

View PostMercules, on 08 January 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

No the real problem is there is none to provide. Which is why you cajole and state you don't have to provide any. Since a video of you doing it effectively would be insanely easy to make and post if you can regularly pull sync dropping off, and you have yet to offer one, the the most logical conclusion is you can't do it reliably enough to get a recording of it happening.

If you want to post the claim to the forum you have to provide proof or accept the mockery you have garnered.

Posted Image

I'm done with this guy. I asked Russ directly if his claims are true, and asked for moderation if not.

#116 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:24 AM

View PostShredhead, on 08 January 2015 - 11:10 AM, said:

I'm done with this guy. I asked Russ directly if his claims are true, and asked for moderation if not.

I'm not certain if I am happy or a little bit sad.

#117 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:30 AM

View Postluigi256, on 07 January 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

I haven't seen cheating and as far as I know PGI has stated that it is near impossible to cheat in this game.

It must be a lag issue if you are seeing people lose a leg and recover it. That I have never ever seen before though even when my ping jumps to the 700s for whatever reason.

There are plenty of cheat software (wall hacks, aimbots being the worse) available for download and they are being used. Just do a google search fro Mechwarrior Online Hack and do some reading. Yesterday, with a ping of 110 when I started a match, I was cored from the rear by small pulse laser fire and there was no beams visible and the mech (firestarter) that cored me was not visible as well. I'm sitting there seeing my back armor dissapear from a weapon that has a range less than 200M and I can't see any of it. So yes, cheats are alive and well in this game.

MWO is based on the crysis engine, and that game has a large number of hacks available. Again, do a google search for Crysis Hacks and look at the cheat sites. You can go to forums and read posts describing the software they are using and in some cases the guys post videos showing what their software does.

#118 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:51 AM

Cheating is not rampant.

Yes there are aim bots in game.

Yes they are banning them or doing something about it or it would be an epidemic by now and it isnt.

Yes there was a week last year that aim bots were a serious and common problem. But only about a week.

They were brought into the game about a year ago from what I can tell.

Yes I have seen funny damage before. I have seen LRM's hit like ac 20's where 3 or 4 downed mechs. This is super rare and only like 4 or 5 times since closed beta at best estimate in my experience.

I have also seen funny damage where my team has done next to no damage and thats again super rare only one match really standing out since closed beta.

Best example of aim bot.

Fighting a kitfox. it couldnt miss my right torso. after the right torso was gone it still couldnt miss it. If he was so good to have perfect aim entire laser cycles he could have certainly changed his target but couldnt. This was a bad aim bot player or a bad aim bot. The good aim bots i dont even feel like getting into but I hope they are perma banned.

Edited by Johnny Z, 08 January 2015 - 11:54 AM.

#119 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:06 PM

View PostJman5, on 07 January 2015 - 12:31 PM, said:

I play this game a lot and I have never seen that before in my life. Most likely you either didn't see it right, or it was another firestarter. If it's as unbearable as you claim just record some footage and show us your proof. All of what you claimed would be easily provable with a recording.

I'm surprised we don't see many recordings for things like this, with most players likely running nVidia cards which supports Shadowplay.

Seriously, if you're an nVidia user that can run Shadowplay, leave that thing on! It's like a freaking dash cam for MWO. Someone teamkill you? Save that recording! Had an awesome match? Save that recording! See the most glorious mech stack ever created? Save that recording!

#120 Murphy7

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:19 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 08 January 2015 - 11:51 AM, said:

Best example of aim bot.

Fighting a kitfox. it couldnt miss my right torso. after the right torso was gone it still couldnt miss it. If he was so good to have perfect aim entire laser cycles he could have certainly changed his target but couldnt. This was a bad aim bot player or a bad aim bot. The good aim bots i dont even feel like getting into but I hope they are perma banned.

Twist?

I have seen plenty of people be:
  • Unwilling to change their facing / torso alignment with incoming fire
  • Unreactive to weapons fire hitting their mech
  • Tunneling in on their own target to the exclusion of the battle around them
And this usually leads to their early death and some lovely commentary in All or Team chat afterwards.

Why is there a need for aimbots when we have pilots that are more predictable than bad AI?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users