So How Do You Make The Hunch4G Suck Less?

84 replies to this topic

#81 slayerkdm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

Back to running the usual standard build. Its been a wrecking machine of late. K/D is steadily climbing and I only PUG. You just cant charge in with them. What I find is its an excellent 1 vs 1 against anything but lights. Caught out numbered, usually toast.

#82 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

My advice: AC/20 or triple AC/2 + XL engine.

Either way, this is Extremely Important. Armor Allocation.
Right Front Torso Armor: 46 points.
Right Rear Torso Armor: 2 points.

I still have lost those 2 points of right rear armor only once. It only covers a tiny area under your Hunch.
The RFTA covers your entire Hunch on all sides. So the more armor you have here, the better.

Some scores with XL engine.
Spoiler

Recent Gameplay -- Vids recorded after the July 16th patch:
XL Hunch wastes most of its ammo, takes on enemies with small lasers, wins. If it is not time-skipped to start, please skip to 08:53 and watch from there. Time skipped to actual fight (as it also points out a bug in the penalty system and spends some time on that -- I literally build the mech for you at the beginning if you can tolerate my bitterness).

Hunch in its natural habitat.

Gotta love the 4G.

Edit: At the mention of its performance against lights my response is this: 4G makes a stand against 5 spiders and multiple Cicadas for 13 minutes.

Edited by Koniving, 23 July 2013 - 03:29 PM.

#83 Selfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationFlorida.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

If you're going the 3x Mlas + AC/20 route use a STD250 or greater. There's no sense going slow in a mech that needs to flank. If you feel you need a bit of 'utility' you can downgrade the engine to a 225. I've used the extra tonnage to fit AMS, MG's, etc.

Here's my current AC/20+2xMG build. It's one of the few things the 4H can't do. Don't stick around and try to make the MGs do damage, just use them when you can for the near instantaneous critseek. Your first salvo opens their back and before your weapons have reloaded you'll have destroyed everything within the component.

#84 kesuga7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 28 June 2013 - 04:38 AM, said:

I've played Huncbacks with AC20, AC10, bunch of MLs, SRMs, SSRMs. They are all effective. You need to be smart tho, stay with your big guys, engage when they do and shoot what they shoot. You are not fast enough to chase lights, you do however have enough armor and firepower to hurt and kill them if they decide to 1 on 1 you. Most important thing ... in current PPC-warrior online DON'T take pop-shots. If you gonna do that all you gonna get is your hunch (at best) or your head (at worst) blown off.

Yea i kind of got paranoid about peeking over ridges in the hunchback because all it takes is one alpha and your armor is down to orange
do not try to outshoot any heavies-assaults over a ridge pop up and down brawl

Also sadly it seems that the ac 20 has been the most effective for me

the ac 10 and uac 5 just don't pack enough punch because when you do manage to deal decent damage its most likely you suffered allot more

i remember i had a large laser aand ac 20 4g
lets see if i can remake in smurfs

#85 Buzzsaw Bob

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

As far as ammo allocation for an AC20 4G, I found that I needed to pack 5 tons of ammo. I was packing 4 tons, but frequently ran out of ammo. I have a standard 200 engine and sacrificed a heatsink for another ton of killing cannon power. So I run a little hot but kill all the things.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users