Players Using Hate Speech In Game.

419 replies to this topic

#241 Nightcrept

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

View PostK1ng Ghidorah, on 24 February 2013 - 11:24 PM, said:

I blame parents for kids not being able to spell properly, too.

U missed the memo about me being on a tab at 3 n the morning. It's a few pages back. Reading is also fundamental.....lol

#242 Moromillas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationSecret **** moon base

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

View Postjubbly, on 24 February 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

Behaivioral problems like autism, or psychopathy are not realy the type of isues in this thread. Poor core values that lead to this kind of behaivior should have been stomped out by better parenting. Parents dealing with kids with real disorders are a different story.

View PostNightcrept, on 24 February 2013 - 11:20 PM, said:

That is true. But since core personality traits r established very early n life their parents should have controlled the childs exposure to extreme role models etc.

But I am not blaming just the parents. Just saying n the end they r the most influential external force to curbing poor public behavioral issues like cursing.

My point exactly, not all that relevant. While it's possible that parental role models are the major defining influence on the child, it's also quite possible that they have quite a good upbringing and still go on to be murders, ******s, dentists, drivers licence examiners, etc. It has too many unknowns, too many variables to pin it down.

While harassment and bullying are (obviously) not ok, some do consider swearing to actually be a good thing, healthy even.

#243 Roboduster

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

GAHAHAHAH LOSERS will always be a cry baby, damn losers, gahahah i laugh in your face! and there is NOTHING you can do gahahahah

#244 Chavette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

View PostHRR Insanity, on 24 February 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

Screenshot and report them to support@mwomercs.com

I report at least 1-3 people per day for those activities (with screenshot proof).

If everyone reported them when it occurs, the bad actors will be quickly found/banned.

This. I dont care about bad words, but if it gets to griefing and personal attacks, they're landing in the CSR inbox.

You couldnt figure this out yourself?

#245 Paula Fry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 521 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

I allways tell them that i only take insults in Haiku Form serious.

#246 JSparrowist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBoomer Sooner

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

View PostLubalin, on 24 February 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

I see players using racial slurs and slurs against sexual orientation regularly.

If you do use such words, you're on notice. I screenshot and report it every time.

However, I still see the same players in game later. I'm starting to notice a trend. The policy on this needs to be made more clear to players, and we need better reporting, chat filtering, and blocking tools in-game.

I've voiced concerns about imbalances, and that's one thing. But if the company that manages this game refuses to police this, I will quit. And I will send screenshots to every major gaming site I can find with hopes they'll pick up the story.

I'm not posting them here because I don't want to name and shame.

Something needs to be done about this. We as a community need to band together against this. It's disgusting.

Please, cry some more. Your tears are bitter sweet.

or grow the **** up.

#247 POWR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

View PostBhael Fire, on 24 February 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

While I personally don't care for racial slurs or bigoted remarks, I think that any time you're in a public forum you have to wear your "big boy" pants and realize that the Internet is full of jerks and you're never going to be able to change that. Ever.

Funny how the rest of civilised society in general seems to be working towards making it unacceptable to use slur and segregate people based on a person's sex, sexual preference, skincolor and religion. Despite the best effort of certain religious extremists. I fail to see why it should be acceptable on the Internet just because there are a lot of jerks...
The last 2 years has seen growing movements to combat misoginy and discrimination of homosexuals on the web, and no, "turning a deaf ear" to it does not help at all. Directly confronting the issue at every opportunity and having consequences for acting that way does.

I don't mind smacktalk at all, I'm in fact totally cool with that and I tend to swear like a dockworker. But when you can't do it without resolving to slur, then you gotta stop, because you're doing it wrong.
What's sad is the number of people trying to make this a thing of free speech, personal rights and others having "thin skin". Because it's not. It's about being a civil person, respectful of differences and realising that those differences are not wrong, and not something to call someone out on for being. You can smacktalk and swear all you like, I don't get offended by anything you could possibly throw at me.
I, however, don't tolerate small minds. So grow up, get with the times, become enlightened and stop acting like it's OK to discriminate women because they're women, use *** as slander and insinuate that people are somehow inherently unworthy of life and proper treatment because they belong to a certain religious belief.

Edited by POWR, 25 February 2013 - 02:36 AM.

#248 Oy of MidWorld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 607 posts
  • LocationEutin Prime, -222.66:151.22

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

OP, i absolutely agree with you on the issue, and those people should be reported. This will be the right course of action, and people should be warned and subsequently banned for racist posts or chat.
That being said, i absolutely oppose your suggestion of a word filter. Censorship never leads to anything. This game is not for kids. Americans tendency to be up-tight about language issues generally tends to get on everybody else's nerves....

Edited by Oy of MidWorld, 25 February 2013 - 02:49 AM.

#249 JSparrowist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBoomer Sooner

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

The fact is, OP... you're on the internet. If you cannot handle ***-hattery, perhaps you should unplug or grow some thicker skin.

#250 ChrisOrange

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

View PostJetfire, on 24 February 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

Big Difference between trash talk and straight up hate speech. Some swear words here and there aren't the end of the world, but seriously, there needs to be a hard line drawn on the racial, sexual and homophobic language.

#251 POWR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

View PostJSparrowist, on 25 February 2013 - 02:33 AM, said:

The fact is, OP... you're on the internet. If you cannot handle ***-hattery, perhaps you should unplug or grow some thicker skin.

No, that's not the solution at all. You are part of the problem.

#252 Rauchsauger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 225 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

View PostLubalin, on 24 February 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

I see players using racial slurs and slurs against sexual orientation regularly.

If you do use such words, you're on notice. I screenshot and report it every time.

However, I still see the same players in game later. I'm starting to notice a trend. The policy on this needs to be made more clear to players, and we need better reporting, chat filtering, and blocking tools in-game.

I've voiced concerns about imbalances, and that's one thing. But if the company that manages this game refuses to police this, I will quit. And I will send screenshots to every major gaming site I can find with hopes they'll pick up the story.

I'm not posting them here because I don't want to name and shame.

Something needs to be done about this. We as a community need to band together against this. It's disgusting.

I second this.

View PostKozer, on 24 February 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

Vulgar language?? On the internet?! No. Way.

I get where you coming from but they are just words. Ignore them. If someone wants to be an ***** don't worry about them.

This is ignorant bordering on stupidity. Thats basically like saying but the other ones do it too... Childish and if not coming from a child it's just dumb.

We do not need to ignore them - why should we? You cannot behave - go away nobody will miss you. If you would remove constant abusers other internet rambos (thats all they are basically) would be more carfeful and each removed would just make the game better for everyone else.

Edited by Rauchsauger, 25 February 2013 - 04:06 AM.

#253 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:43 AM

View PostChavette, on 25 February 2013 - 02:20 AM, said:

This. I dont care about bad words, but if it gets to griefing and personal attacks, they're landing in the CSR inbox.

You couldnt figure this out yourself?

We have an inbox?

we need to get you a sig sorted out...

#254 Rauchsauger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 225 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:43 AM

View PostJSparrowist, on 25 February 2013 - 02:26 AM, said:

or grow the **** up.

Obviously that is something you are in desperate need of.
OP is making a mature and valid point - your reaction is childish and makes your post unintentionally ironic.

#255 JSparrowist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBoomer Sooner

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

View PostRauchsauger, on 25 February 2013 - 02:43 AM, said:

Obviously that is something you are in desperate need of.
OP is making a mature and valid point - your reaction is childish and makes your post unintentionally ironic.

my bottle is out of milk. =( woe is me.

#256 ChrisOrange

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

If you think MWO is bad then you whiteknights are in for a surprise if you ever step foot into a real online game. Also In before lock.

Also if you ever see "HELLO, MECHFRIENDS!" in a game do not reply if you are so easily offended. You will not like what comes next.

#257 PirateMk1

Rookie

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:56 AM

View PostKiiyor, on 24 February 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

I'm all for a little smack talk, foul-language and uncouth behavior, but as far as "Its just words" goes, i'll have to politely disagree. That particular phrase has been a catch-cry and crutch for bullies since age immaterial, and it's not an excuse for abusive behavior and personal attacks, which can be highly destructive and devastating to people who don't have the thick skins that say you or I have developed.

I'm not bothered by it, and from the tone of your post I would say that you aren't either, and that's fine.

Against someone who is already depressed or unstable however, well. I've seen firsthand the damage abuse that you or I would deem innocent can do.

If they are that vunerable that being called something foul on the internet while interacting with others in a violent game will cause them harm, they have absolutely no business playing the game in the first place. To put it bluntly they should be in the nut house, because if the internet dont cause them to damage themselves, life most surely will. Your arguement leaves much to be desired, like actual thought. A little goes a long ways. Try it sometime.

Edited by PirateMk1, 25 February 2013 - 02:57 AM.

#258 Pihb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

View PostPOWR, on 25 February 2013 - 02:28 AM, said:

Funny how the rest of civilised society in general seems to be working towards making it unacceptable to use slur and segregate people based on a person's sex, sexual preference, skincolor and religion. Despite the best effort of certain religious extremists. I fail to see why it should be acceptable on the Internet just because there are a lot of jerks...
The last 2 years has seen growing movements to combat misoginy and discrimination of homosexuals on the web, and no, "turning a deaf ear" to it does not help at all. Directly confronting the issue at every opportunity and having consequences for acting that way does.

I don't mind smacktalk at all, I'm in fact totally cool with that and I tend to swear like a dockworker. But when you can't do it without resolving to slur, then you gotta stop, because you're doing it wrong.
What's sad is the number of people trying to make this a thing of free speech, personal rights and others having "thin skin". Because it's not. It's about being a civil person, respectful of differences and realising that those differences are not wrong, and not something to call someone out on for being. You can smacktalk and swear all you like, I don't get offended by anything you could possibly throw at me.
I, however, don't tolerate small minds. So grow up, get with the times, become enlightened and stop acting like it's OK to discriminate women because they're women, use *** as slander and insinuate that people are somehow inherently unworthy of life and proper treatment because they belong to a certain religious belief.

While i don't condone mistreating homosexuals, transgenders, sheep ******* ect. People are still allowed to hate whatever or whoever they want for whatever reason they deem fit. Also, thank you for bringing your stupid politics into this game, no place is safe from loudmouths on their soap boxes anymore.

#259 Oy of MidWorld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 607 posts
  • LocationEutin Prime, -222.66:151.22

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

Funny thing about the internet's that everybody for some reason thinks it's anonymous. People post stuff they would never dare say to your face. Friend of mine got griefed by an i-diot kid in WoW. It took him about 5 minutes of research to find out who he was, where he lived. 40 km away. Then he called him up on his parent's phone and told him to cut the ****. I-diot kid almost wet his pants. :D

Edited by Oy of MidWorld, 25 February 2013 - 03:09 AM.

#260 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:05 AM

View PostOy of MidWorld, on 25 February 2013 - 03:04 AM, said:

Funny thing about the internet's that everybody for some reason thinks it's anonymous. People post stuff they would never dare say to your face. Friend of mine got griefed by an ***** kid in WoW. It took him about 5 minutes of research to find out who he was, where he lived. 40 km away. Then he called him up on his parent's phone and told him to cut the ****. ***** kid almost wet his pants. :D

This never really happened.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users