#281 Oy of MidWorld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 607 posts
  • LocationEutin Prime, -222.66:151.22

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:06 AM

View Postriverslq, on 25 February 2013 - 04:01 AM, said:

The PC police are out in full force! Hold your tongues! ALERT! Cannot offend anyone! ALERT!

You can offend whomever you like, long as you don't employ racism or bigotry. If you do that i'll report you. :D

Edited by Oy of MidWorld, 25 February 2013 - 04:07 AM.

#282 MadPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:08 AM

If you could be reborn at any time anywhere during the history, what would you choose? If you chose the 1930s Germany, then you should probably quit online games forever.

Yesterday some guy (after I killed him) noticed my name and started saying some really racist stuff to me based on my name. You know what that did to me? Nothing.

#283 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

View PostMadPanda, on 25 February 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

If you could be reborn at any time anywhere during the history, what would you choose? If you chose the 1930s Germany, then you should probably quit online games forever.

Yesterday some guy (after I killed him) noticed my name and started saying some really racist stuff to me based on my name. You know what that did to me? Nothing.

Racist stuff about Mad Pandas? :D

#284 Rauchsauger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 225 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

View PostChrisOrange, on 25 February 2013 - 02:51 AM, said:

If you think MWO is bad then you whiteknights are in for a surprise if you ever step foot into a real online game. Also In before lock.

Also if you ever see "HELLO, MECHFRIENDS!" in a game do not reply if you are so easily offended. You will not like what comes next.

Only because someone else does something or the same is happening somewhere else is no justification.
Children behave that way because they do not know better. This coming from a supposedly grownup makes me weep.

#285 Rauchsauger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 225 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

The saddest thing is what this means in the bigger picture. All your (in your mind) hardass jibberish is only spouted online.
This shows how you behave when you think social pressure does not apply. It is a perfect measure of your character (nature).

Edited by Rauchsauger, 25 February 2013 - 04:20 AM.

#286 Moonsavage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 470 posts
  • LocationAylesbury, UK

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:18 AM

Tolerance > Censorship.

If someone swears at me, I may well swear back at them - And I have been banned from an internet game for just that... the aggressor reported me!!!

So let's take a chill pill shall we? and not change anything for the sake of people who haven't learned the sticks and stones rhyme.

#287 Wizard Steve

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

While I do find a lot of what's said in chat tasteless, I'm a grown up and there are much more pressing things going on in the world to get bent out of shape over.

Having said that, if those guys get banned, I won't miss them.

#288 Ezazel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

Hate speech! Boohoo! I'll report ya all!

Seriously. I will report you and then you will be really sorry.

#289 JSparrowist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBoomer Sooner

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

View PostEzazel, on 25 February 2013 - 04:23 AM, said:

Hate speech! Boohoo! I'll report ya all!

Seriously. I will report you and then you will be really sorry.

LMAO!

#290 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:24 AM

View PostRauchsauger, on 25 February 2013 - 04:17 AM, said:

The saddest thing is what this means in the bigger picture. All your (in your mind) hardass jibberish is only spouted online.
This shows how you behave when you think social pressure does not apply. It is a perfect measure of your character (nature).

I have zero 'character', and I'm perfectly fine with that. Please take your 'shame' tactics somewhere else, the vast majority of the internet doesn't give a damn.

#291 Rauchsauger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 225 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:27 AM

View PostMoonsavage, on 25 February 2013 - 04:18 AM, said:

[...]
If someone swears at me, I may well swear back at them
[...]

That depends. If someone uses homophobic slurs on you - I would think its perfectly allright if you tell him you think he is an insufferable child or you think he is an a**hole. You could take the highroad and tell him that he cannot touch you with his infantile behaviour. You can resort to his level which brings you - to his level - you are the same.

#292 w0rm

• Giant Helper
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

Gentlemanly smacktalk is fine in my book. However the infantile racist/homophobic **** that sometimes gets blown out in alltalk I just screenshot and report.

#293 Rauchsauger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 225 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

View PostThirdstar, on 25 February 2013 - 04:24 AM, said:

I have zero 'character', and I'm perfectly fine with that. Please take your 'shame' tactics somewhere else, the vast majority of the internet doesn't give a damn.

You have no power over me. You are impotent.
You are invited to make me shut up :D :huh: :o I'm really psyched to see you try.
(Edit: Posting something from the likes of Steven Fry who's living is basically made of being a attention ***** is not very clever - he is an act)

View Postw0rm, on 25 February 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

Gentlemanly smacktalk is fine in my book. However the infantile racist/homophobic **** that sometimes gets blown out in alltalk I just screenshot and report.

Trashtalk is fine I do not think anybody wants to get rid of that.

Edited by Rauchsauger, 25 February 2013 - 04:49 AM.

#294 elbloom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:34 AM

this thread... is.... rofl :D BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA :huh: :o :blink:

Oh the tears are so delicious, thanks for making my day a funny one, OP. (where I was in school guys like you got dragged somewhere and erm. yea :D)

If you like reports so much why don´t you become a reporter ?

#295 Rauchsauger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 225 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

View Postelbloom, on 25 February 2013 - 04:34 AM, said:

this thread... is.... rofl :D BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA :huh: :o :blink:

Oh the tears are so delicious, thanks for making my day a funny one, OP. (where I was in school guys like you got dragged somewhere and erm. yea :D)

If you like reports so much why don´t you become a reporter ?

The sheer stupidity of this statement gave me a seizure...

#296 Mitta

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

Just ignore them. It's virtual foul language. You don't have to read it :D just shoot the person's mech :huh:

#297 Rauchsauger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 225 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:45 AM

View PostMitta, on 25 February 2013 - 04:39 AM, said:

Just ignore them. It's virtual foul language. You don't have to read it :D just shoot the person's mech :huh:

Ya that is what they all do - look the other way. Let us not do anything about something it will go away soon surely...
That is what all the kids in this thread or elsewhere really want the most, because if we would not put up with it they could not up their social status (virtually only of course) since there would be retribution like in real life.

Back in the day when we played CS we enforced a strict "no childish behaviour" on our servers - it was a bit of a hassle since guestadmins tended to ban very good newcomers to the server without informing them about the rules first, but we made it work.

Edited by Rauchsauger, 25 February 2013 - 04:53 AM.

#298 Herger

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:50 AM

this is so lame.

#299 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:54 AM

View PostKiiyor, on 24 February 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

I'm all for a little smack talk, foul-language and uncouth behavior, but as far as "Its just words" goes, i'll have to politely disagree. That particular phrase has been a catch-cry and crutch for bullies since age immaterial, and it's not an excuse for abusive behavior and personal attacks, which can be highly destructive and devastating to people who don't have the thick skins that say you or I have developed.

I'm not bothered by it, and from the tone of your post I would say that you aren't either, and that's fine.

Against someone who is already depressed or unstable however, well. I've seen firsthand the damage abuse that you or I would deem innocent can do.

View PostPirateMk1, on 25 February 2013 - 02:56 AM, said:

If they are that vunerable that being called something foul on the internet while interacting with others in a violent game will cause them harm, they have absolutely no business playing the game in the first place. To put it bluntly they should be in the nut house, because if the internet dont cause them to damage themselves, life most surely will. Your arguement leaves much to be desired, like actual thought. A little goes a long ways. Try it sometime.

Wow, you seem to have take that to heart. Please allow me to counter-point.

People don't have to be 'that vulnerable' to take something said on the internet to heart, or to be damaged by it. Making a broad sweeping generalization such as yours about a group of people does not a though provoking argument make.

Is it black and white? Are people either damaged by something someone else says, or does it wash over them? Maybe there are shades of grey.

You seem to have decided that a goodly portion of the population deserves to be in the nuthouse if they are bullied or offended. I think people have a right not to be bullied or subjected to verbal abuse (within reason). That's just my opinion. It's based on empathy. A little goes a long ways. You should try it sometime.

#300 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:57 AM

View PostLubalin, on 24 February 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

Please don't make light of this. "Deal with it" is not appropriate here. Go share that response on all the imbalance threads, but not this one.

I'm sorry but you are just going to have to deal with it. Report them if need be.
And quitting? seriously? stop being such a delicate flower and go blow a mech to bits or something.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users