Players Using Hate Speech In Game.

419 replies to this topic

#321 ChrisOrange

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:51 AM

how is this not locked yet. Only sissy cry babys and LARPing BT fiends cry about words on an online game. Run and tell mommy.

got em mad.

Edited by ChrisOrange, 25 February 2013 - 05:52 AM.

#322 elbloom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:53 AM

yeaahhh, your parents sent you to that other kind of school, know the story... poor kid :D

#323 Oy of MidWorld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 607 posts
  • LocationEutin Prime, -222.66:151.22

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:53 AM

View PostFiveDigits, on 25 February 2013 - 05:49 AM, said:

Oh you Americans and your profanity issues... :huh:
Nobody else cares. It's just words.

This is not about profanity, it is all about racism homophobia and nasty stuff. I like profanity. I dislike racism homophobia and nasty stuff.

And i'm not American.

View Postelbloom, on 25 February 2013 - 05:53 AM, said:

yeaahhh, your parents sent you to that other kind of school, know the story... poor kid :D

Figured you'd know the story...

Edited by Oy of MidWorld, 25 February 2013 - 05:55 AM.

#324 Rauchsauger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 225 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:56 AM

Oh you Americans and your profanity issues... :D

It is not. Also for most of the things you can say in America under free speech - you could end up in court in Germany since you are allowed to say what you want but can be sued if it is libellous.

#325 Obeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 208 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

So its inappropriate if I call a laggy ECM Raven a *** or a *****? I thought it was a pretty fitting description....

#326 Solumbra

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

I rarely type in the game, and even the rare time I do communicate in text I don't use vulgar language. In that context, read my reply:

Get a hobby. Find something /anything/ to occupy your time in such a way that *this* isn't what is important about your day.

Even if someone were to write the most vile, twisted and sick words that have ever been written and posted them to chat if you are so fragile of self that seeing text like that would hurt you in any measurable way... you need to leave the internet. I use the wide, all encompassing 'you' in addition to specifically replying to the original author.

If the problem is that your children play the game, perhaps there is a solution that seems so obvious that it may be overlooked... they're /your/ children, not mine. Don't let them play if they are not mature enough to handle what they *MIGHT* see.

Words have only the power *you* give them. They are otherwise only so much scribbles on a cave wall.

But hey, continue to report to your heart's content as it won't impact me any - I'm sure (from your frustrated post) that PGI is taking the issue exactly as seriously as they should.

#327 Xinaoen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 382 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:59 AM

http://www.asofterwo...ndex.php?id=749

#328 ChrisOrange

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:59 AM

View PostRauchsauger, on 25 February 2013 - 04:10 AM, said:

Only because someone else does something or the same is happening somewhere else is no justification.
Children behave that way because they do not know better. This coming from a supposedly grownup makes me weep.

Just checked your history. All you post are cry baby and PGI apologist and you expect anyone to take you seriously. LOL

Edited by ChrisOrange, 25 February 2013 - 06:01 AM.

#329 riverslq

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 443 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:00 AM

View PostRauchsauger, on 25 February 2013 - 05:44 AM, said:

Nobody will get banned because of losing the temper occasionally - only those who are *insert short for richard here* and do so constantly will be.

So, a Nixon?

#330 Agent of Change

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:00 AM

This actually make laugh my *** off. As an American I actually have had opportunities to witness in person some pretty ******* vile **** said in public as protected speech. Oddly enough those same things said in say Germany or France (or really much of Europe) would have you literally thrown in jail without hesitation. So don't give me "how quaint Americans and their hang-ups" My nation happens to be a bit more lenient on this than anywhere else in the world, but getting into that is a whole kettle of worms.

The point here is human decency and dignity, and the respect thereof. Reducing this to a "profanity issue" or dismissing it as the "pc police" mot only dangerously misses the point it implicitly legitimizes the the true bigots and morons so that they can wrap themselves in the shell of those excuses against any legitimate criticism

http://83-Correctitude

Edited by Agent of Change, 25 February 2013 - 06:05 AM.

#331 elbloom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:01 AM

So you dislike stuff, and now what ? you expect the world to shape around stuff you dislike ?

I know about your special kind of school cause you´re not the only deluded soul on this planet, your story goes long ways - not only for you :D :huh:

#332 riverslq

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 443 posts

Case and point:

#333 Oy of MidWorld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 607 posts
  • LocationEutin Prime, -222.66:151.22

View PostRauchsauger, on 25 February 2013 - 05:56 AM, said:

It is not. Also for most of the things you can say in America under free speech - you could end up in court in Germany since you are allowed to say what you want but can be sued if it is libellous.

Actually you can even commit a crime in germany by saying racist or homophobic stuff. There's a paragraph about hate-speaking in our penal code. Has to do with our inglorious past.

#334 Rauchsauger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 225 posts

View Postelbloom, on 25 February 2013 - 05:16 AM, said:

maybe you are a true born reporter yourself ? got beaten much ?
Posted Image

Nope and nope.
(I was lucky to be born with physical advantages that kept others from trying. Of course I was also born with intellectual advantages that kept me from bullying others)

#335 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:02 AM

View PostSolumbra, on 25 February 2013 - 05:58 AM, said:

I rarely type in the game, and even the rare time I do communicate in text I don't use vulgar language. In that context, read my reply:

Get a hobby. Find something /anything/ to occupy your time in such a way that *this* isn't what is important about your day.

Even if someone were to write the most vile, twisted and sick words that have ever been written and posted them to chat if you are so fragile of self that seeing text like that would hurt you in any measurable way... you need to leave the internet. I use the wide, all encompassing 'you' in addition to specifically replying to the original author.

If the problem is that your children play the game, perhaps there is a solution that seems so obvious that it may be overlooked... they're /your/ children, not mine. Don't let them play if they are not mature enough to handle what they *MIGHT* see.

Words have only the power *you* give them. They are otherwise only so much scribbles on a cave wall.

But hey, continue to report to your heart's content as it won't impact me any - I'm sure (from your frustrated post) that PGI is taking the issue exactly as seriously as they should.

Hear Hear!

Grow a thicker skin, you'll be better off.

#336 Kylere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 690 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

I agree with the OP, but do not kid yourself, PGI is not banning anyone.

#337 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

View PostObeast, on 25 February 2013 - 05:58 AM, said:

So its inappropriate if I call a laggy ECM R***n a *** or a *****? I thought it was a pretty fitting description....

CAN I GET AN AMEN?!?!?

I also edited your original text. We don't use the R word around here!

#338 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

View PostAgent of Change, on 25 February 2013 - 06:00 AM, said:

The point here is human decency and dignity, and the respect thereof.

You appear to be unaware that you're on the internet.

#339 Xinaoen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 382 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:04 AM

View Postelbloom, on 25 February 2013 - 06:01 AM, said:

So you dislike stuff, and now what ? you expect the world to shape around stuff you dislike ?

I know about your special kind of school cause you´re not the only deluded soul on this planet, your story goes long ways - not only for you :D :huh:

Do the whole of the internet a favor, and don't hit the "reply" button again - on this or any other topic - until you've googled "straw man."

#340 Rauchsauger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 225 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:05 AM

View PostChrisOrange, on 25 February 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

Just checked your history. All you post are cry baby and PGI apologist and you expect anyone to take you seriously. LOL

I am a PGI apologist??? Where do you get that from? Do you know what apologist means?
Very good that you checked my whole history - in this forum - and deducted your opinion from that. o_O
(BTW I doubt you did that - its a bit of a read not much mind you but enough to deter you. Also if you had read all of it you would never call me a PGI apologist...)

Edited by Rauchsauger, 25 February 2013 - 06:09 AM.

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users