Respectful

160 replies to this topic

#121 Thirdstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

View PostTichorius Davion, on 05 March 2013 - 11:16 PM, said:

Eh me and Thirdstar have butt heads many times before. He did have some valid points. I painted a black and white picture about the situation. My feelings were very focused on being angry at a set a people but I did not convey it in the best manner.

Of course I don't agree with much else he said but hey I can try to convince him otherwise. If he won't listen then he's got differing opinions that I don't particularly care for at that point.

We certain have butted heads before, and at least it's been quite civil. By forum standards. I might have come down too hard, but I dislike the way generalizations are oft thrown around in the forums and your original post was, lets admit, a giant generalization.

As to the other guy, I'm 100% sure that I am is a troll. I have too much free time so I actually check posting histories. So yeah, troll.

I'm sorry I hurt your troll feelings.

No actually I'm not.

#122 Anony Mouse

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSabaku no Hana, Misery, Draconis Combine

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

View PostAtheus, on 05 March 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

Let's put it this way. When someone takes a dump on your couch, the correct response is not to have a polite discussion of where the proper place to defecate is. You don't need to explain the advantages of pooping in a toilet as opposed to other furniture options. The person who shat on your couch is fully aware that you will be extremely displeased. This is not the time for reasoned argument.

The correct response, is to beat the tar out of said fecal offender, then smear their face in their own excrement. Then, if they have any intention of maintaining a relationship, they will buy you a new couch, so you don't have to think about the misplaced **** every time you sit on your couch.

So what I'm trying to say is PGI owes me a couch. Buy me a couch, then we can talk about continuing our relationship.

View PostAtheus, on 05 March 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

I "purchased" this game. I own a founders package that came with a mech. I own many, many mech bays all populated with mechs. All of this equipment would not be in my possession if I had not paid for them. The value of said items, though, diminishes substantially as the game becomes more and more a P2W style game. I have no interest in dumping $2,000+ on consumables every year in order to be competitive. When I purchased resources in this game, I did not purchase them expecting them to modify the design philosophy to incorporate P2W. They shat on my couch. The end.

View PostAtheus, on 05 March 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

Perhaps you are not aware, but it was stated explicitly early on that this game would not include any P2W elements "like gold ammo". For many, this is a major consideration when choosing to get involved in a game. By reneging on this declaration, you can safely say certain players were scammed. Had they announced from the start that P2W was on the table, that would be another matter, but they went out of their way to say the exact opposite.

View PostAtheus, on 05 March 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

Of course they aren't going to plainly come out and say "Hey we're switching to P2W". That's like coming out and saying "Hey I'm going full ratard (correct spelling censored)" You just don't do that. However, it is what it is. You don't need to be a genius to figure out that the MC-only module is much better than the C-Bill alternatives.

View PostAtheus, on 05 March 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

It's not rumor, lol. It's been spelled out pretty plainly by Bryan Eckman exactly what their plan is, including the pricing and everything. Check his recent posts, then get back to me.

View PostAtheus, on 05 March 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

Your mind is faulty if you don't see it as P2W. The cash item reqires 50% less crit space, or using equal crit space functions 75% better. How is it beyond your comprehension that this is plainly P2W? What if it were a large laser that used 50% less crit space, or did 75% more damage? Would that hit home for you? Figure it out.

View PostAtheus, on 05 March 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

I see, so in your mind, "Pay to Win" means literally winning automatically after you pay. That certainly illuminates a lot of things - mainly that you're either a troll, or just not worth discussing this with.

My bad. I'm sorry I thought Pay to Win meant that you could buy something with real-world cash that is otherwise unavailable which would give you a measurable competitive advantage, not literally automatically winning after you pay, but Hamm3r has cleared this all up. Big misunderstanding! It's totally fine like this. I look forward to MC only clan tech that isn't "P2W" btw. Seems reasonable after reading these reasonable posts.

You sir are a penultimate example of all the worst aspects of these forums, and the internets as a community in general. Congratulations.

#123 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

100 people and myself like the sentiments of the op.

the chosen one has cured the mwo forum matrix of trolls.

die trolls.

#124 Grendel518

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

Church. People don't give PGI enough credit for this wonderful and only getting better game.

#125 Sir Roland MXIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

View PostAnony Mouse, on 06 March 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

You sir are a penultimate example of all the worst aspects of these forums, and the internets as a community in general. Congratulations.

He's rather tame, actually, comparison to some I can name. Stooping to his level, no matter how little, isn't the high road, either.

Tichorius, as for you... I appluad your OP, you kept it as respectful as possible and admitted to lack of perfection in the mistakes it contained therein, and you raise a solid point. Thing is, it's not just gaming, the whole world over, people of all ages can be utterly dispicable, and therefore it has really nothing to do WITH age. Maturity is undefinable, really, age is, and therefore neither can be compared reliably to the other.

We've butted heads before this, I'm sure we'll probably do so again, but at least it's nice having some people like you around who when things get really rough, can still talk more or less respectfully. I admit, I'm a real alligator mouth, and last night it slipped out sometimes but it did so less than normal because of the importance of current events - which I will not bring up here out of respect for you and the rest in this thread.

As for the "it's just a game" commnets. Folks, all of us are passionate to some degree or another about games, and / or MechWarrior, or we wouldn't even BE here. The "it's just a game" comments sound especially ridiculous to one such as me who spent a hear homeless. Imagine yourself losing your job and saying "it's just a job". Imagine yourself losing your car and saying "it's just a car". Imagine your home being foreclosed on and saying "it's just a home". Many of YOU, if not all, must imagine this, but I LIVED it, so I KNOW how it feels to have rather critical things I love taken from me.

Why do I bring this up? Simple. When you have something you love, whether a little or a lot, no matter how important (house, job, car) or trivial (MW:O) it may seem to another, at least do everyone a favor and don't play the "it's just a (blank)" card because that is seriously disrespectful. Which is what this thread is about. And don't give me the "but it's a game, not a house or car or job" argument until you've spent a year eating nowhere but soup kitchens and sleeping in a homeless shelter on nights it was too cold to sleep outside, or days when friends couldn't offer you a sofa. Things are things. A game is a thing, just as much as a car, house, or job, so to dismiss one is to dismiss all of them, or to have a double standard.

In the end, we're all passionate, as I said, about this game to some degree or another: so try not to be hypocrites about this, ok? Respect is a two way street.

Edited by Sir Roland MXIII, 06 March 2013 - 01:13 AM.

#126 Pihb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

View PostTichorius Davion, on 05 March 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

I am from Rochester Hills, MI. Been bullied enough as a kid. And I don't particularly care if they do. They've got words. If they wanna start team killing me in the game that is just petty and proves that they would still play the game regardless.

Whats worse? Being bullied by trolls, or being bullied by rich white kids?

#127 Sir Roland MXIII

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:41 AM

View PostPihb, on 06 March 2013 - 01:38 AM, said:

Whats worse? Being bullied by trolls, or being bullied by rich white kids?

Not sure that's a valid question, I should think those groups are prone to overlapping...

#128 vrok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:09 AM

View PostAnony Mouse, on 06 March 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

He had valid points despite being maybe a bit too emotionally invested in this game and how it progresses. You only posted to insult. You're worse.

#129 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:28 AM

I feel like gunning for Primus of Comstar now :) I am kidding.

I can face the fact that this consumable debacle was stupid. I liked the original assumption that you assigned a module and a C3 Unit to a mech to be able to pull in those airstrikes and artillery. We were told no coolant but they made it and used the consumable system. Should be pods that take up slots and tonnage and use ammo.

Of course now that it is going to be in we can either shout at PGI for being ridiculous or make it so you can't making it a pay to win abuse system. It ain't pay to win that should be pretty obvious to anyone who's played F2P MMORPGs from korea or other such games. As long as you impose limitations to their use I see no reason that it is somewhat feasible.

Seriously it could be so much worse. Some MMORPG's from Korea are so bad that the in game economy of items and in game currency is seriously affected by the use, buy, and selling of Real Money items. Things like item protectors and exp boosts, stat boosters and other things. The worst offender of this is probably Nexon. I remember when people use to grab flash drives of Combat Arms to play on school computers. Horribly case of golden guns.

Also the kids of Rochester Hills are hardly rich white kids. Brown bags of PB&J kids that knew every lunch. Not to mention my generation has some of the worst case of attitudes on the internet. Unless by trolls and rich white kids you mean MWO forum posters who act like kids.

View Postvrok, on 06 March 2013 - 02:09 AM, said:

He had valid points despite being maybe a bit too emotionally invested in this game and how it progresses. You only posted to insult. You're worse.

Y'all should drop it. From a exterior point of view it looks like Kid A called Kid B a Name and Kid C calls Kid A a name and you proceed to escalate into name calling. Man up. Someone insults you you take it and not care. Return the favor and you go down that level

#130 Anony Mouse

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSabaku no Hana, Misery, Draconis Combine

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:44 AM

View Postvrok, on 06 March 2013 - 02:09 AM, said:

I hate to get into these "Am Not - Are Too" sort of exchanges, but I'd like to clarify. My post was not insulting, its observational commentary, and accurate. For example, shiteatingdickfaceddouchebagfucktard is an insult and does not serve any purpose. To paraphrase myself, "Hey Dude! Not Cool!" Snarkiness aside, not an insult. There is a subtle difference between saying no and being rude.

#131 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:06 AM

I appreciate your effort.

#132 vrok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:14 AM

View PostTichorius Davion, on 06 March 2013 - 03:28 AM, said:

Y'all should drop it. From a exterior point of view it looks like Kid A called Kid B a Name and Kid C calls Kid A a name and you proceed to escalate into name calling.

Yes. That's basically what this entire thread is. Especially when it devolved into pretending that things around here aren't suspiciously heading towards P2W and then generalizing the heavy criticism directed towards it as childish in order to marginalize the issue at hand. That's what you do in politics, brush aside the real issues and focus on farming likes based on idealism.

View PostAnony Mouse, on 06 March 2013 - 03:44 AM, said:

I hate to get into these "Am Not - Are Too" sort of exchanges, but I'd like to clarify. My post was not insulting, its observational commentary, and accurate. For example, shiteatingdickfaceddouchebagfucktard is an insult and does not serve any purpose. To paraphrase myself, "Hey Dude! Not Cool!" Snarkiness aside, not an insult. There is a subtle difference between saying no and being rude.

This is me saying no: No. Stop backpedaling. You said he was an example of all the worst things of the internet community in general, yet he contributed to the discussion at the time and you did not. Your post contributed nothing to anything and was insulting, how is this not worse behavior? You can act superior and argue semantics all you want. You're still a hypocrite.

Edited by vrok, 06 March 2013 - 04:35 AM.

#133 Teralitha

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:15 AM

This topic is sad and delusional..... whatever makes you feel better.

#134 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:43 AM

View Postvrok, on 06 March 2013 - 04:14 AM, said:

Especially when it devolved into pretending that things around here aren't suspiciously heading towards P2W and then generalizing the heavy criticism directed towards it as childish in order to marginalize the issue at hand. That's what you do in politics, brush aside the real issues and focus on farming likes based on idealism.

That's pretty much what I told the OP.

#135 Silversteel

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationInnsbruck - Austria

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:44 AM

Well i just agree with the OP.
People around here should relax a lil more.
Some come with the Argument that their purchases loose value because this game is getting nearer to P2W.
(which it doesnt in my opinion, but i guess that mainly depends on the defenition on P2W. Just like you can argue for weeks if we got an MMO here or not)
The Yen-Lo will still be worth as much as he was when i bought it, my Founders Mechs are still as usefull as before (well the founders hunchback never was any good :) ) maybe its cause i am not a hardcore competition player i like this game cause i have fun playing it. Okay sometimes i get angry when i get shot up thrice in a row by packs of ravens or that splatcat manages to two shot me. But i get a big smile when my Lrms shred someone or i can cap that last point so my team will win.

With consumables we are getting a new Mechanic, i am not a fan of coolant flushes but be honest you get one more alpha with it? Well if you use the cb version and take 2 u can get 2 more alphas then someone that takes the mc version :)
Yes i cant get the big heat reduction in one slot without spending mc but well i also cant get a cicada with missle slots without using mc and i am okay with that, i can get a similar mech for cbills.

Not everyone is the same and not everyone gets exactly the same stuff but at least in this game we can have nearly the same for everyone.

Well Guys i hope this post made sense and thx for reading.

Btw PGI you are still doing a great job! Keep it up!

#136 Pihb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:44 AM

View PostSir Roland MXIII, on 06 March 2013 - 01:41 AM, said:

Not sure that's a valid question, I should think those groups are prone to overlapping...

You got me there

#137 Harmin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationSussex, UK

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:51 AM

Well done. If you were a politician, you'd be worth voting for.

#138 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

View PostSilversteel, on 06 March 2013 - 04:44 AM, said:

Well i just agree with the OP.
People around here should relax a lil more.
Some come with the Argument that their purchases loose value because this game is getting nearer to P2W.
(which it doesnt in my opinion, but i guess that mainly depends on the defenition on P2W. Just like you can argue for weeks if we got an MMO here or not)
The Yen-Lo will still be worth as much as he was when i bought it, my Founders Mechs are still as usefull as before (well the founders hunchback never was any good :) ) maybe its cause i am not a hardcore competition player i like this game cause i have fun playing it. Okay sometimes i get angry when i get shot up thrice in a row by packs of ravens or that splatcat manages to two shot me. But i get a big smile when my Lrms shred someone or i can cap that last point so my team will win.

With consumables we are getting a new Mechanic, i am not a fan of coolant flushes but be honest you get one more alpha with it? Well if you use the cb version and take 2 u can get 2 more alphas then someone that takes the mc version :)
Yes i cant get the big heat reduction in one slot without spending mc but well i also cant get a cicada with missle slots without using mc and i am okay with that, i can get a similar mech for cbills.

Not everyone is the same and not everyone gets exactly the same stuff but at least in this game we can have nearly the same for everyone.

Well Guys i hope this post made sense and thx for reading.

Btw PGI you are still doing a great job! Keep it up!

I don't know where to start.

MWO is most certainly not an MMO. There's no persistence, it isn't concurrently 'massive'. It's Multiplayer Online Game, like World of Tanks, League of Legends, DoTA etc.

Next, as has been already confirmed several times, both the C-Bill consumable AND the MC consumable can only be used once. The MC version will save you a module slot and give the same effect that will otherwise require 2 slots.

The accepted definition of P2W is the ability to acquire something for real money, that can otherwise NOT be gotten with in-game money.

You cannot get a Cicada with missile hard points with C-Bills. Similar doesn't cut it.

Once again I've come to conclusion that many MWO players are new to the online gaming space and are unaware of what is or is not a significant concern.

#139 Glythe

• 1,566 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:05 AM

Is there a point to this post?

As for my reply.... PGI be respectful of your players. We don't want pay to win and having consumables bought with MC that are BETTER than the CB versions is something we do not want.

We would be completely fine with you guys making them equal and have the MC version be permanent (not expended) and more costly.

Fix ECM.... nerf the Raven and people will keep paying for this game. If not.... there's always another "free to play" game right around the corner.

My quarter is still in this machine right now but I won't be inserting another to continue unless things change dramatically.

#140 Lyrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 568 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:39 AM

View PostSir Roland MXIII, on 06 March 2013 - 01:11 AM, said:

A game is a thing, just as much as a car, house, or job, so to dismiss one is to dismiss all of them, or to have a double standard.

You are the master troll of the MWO forums.

This made my day :)

To the OP: When you get to our age you have dealt with so much **** and so many idiots in your life that your temper will sometimes run a little bit short on the Inet. Better fight about some stupid, unimportant little game than being an ******* to your coworkers/friends/family et ;-)

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users