- - - - -

Beginners Guide To Mw:o

140 replies to this topic

#41 WaddeHaddeDudeda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • LocationAllocation Relocation Dislocation

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

Sorry, even if I had the ability to speak spanish (I don't) I probably couldn't be arsed to add another 100 hours of work to the current 250 hours of the german and english version.

After all I have done this in my freetime - for no payment at all and for giving up playing time.

Edited by WaddeHaddeDudeda, 04 April 2013 - 03:13 PM.

#42 ZeProme

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 562 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

Looks like a must read. Nice guide!

#43 ColonelPanic

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

Not available?

#44 WaddeHaddeDudeda

• 1,567 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

Sorry mate, bad timing. I've recently updated the guide so now v1.2b is available. Guess you've tried to access it while I was updating the links.

You'll find the updated download-link in the first post, along with a small changelog (only for the major things).

Enjoy! :P

#45 pouchey2

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:32 AM

Awesome guide ;)

Gonna help me a lot in my starting of the game ;)

Cheers buddy, Amazing work

#46 Proxzerk

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:23 AM

This Guide is awesome and well written!!

Cheers, even players that are a few months in can learn a thing or two from this, I know I did!

-Proxzerk

#47 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

Just wanted to say thanks for your work on the guide, WaddeHaddeDudeda.

It was very helpful for me in understanding some of the details of the game.

#48 Biruke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,162 posts
  • LocationMsk, RF, Terra

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:23 AM

We want to translate it to Russian. Permission request sent to WaddeHaddeDudeda :ph34r:

#49 WaddeHaddeDudeda

• 1,567 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

Replied to the PM.
Guess it's okay and very welcome. The more players it reaches, the better it is.
Will upload the latest version of the guide by the next week I think (time permitting).

#50 Zepoxi

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

Just read the whole thing while downloading the game. Perfect noob material, very well explained. Thank you for the effort you put into this.

Edited by Zepoxi, 11 May 2013 - 12:37 PM.

#51 Jaynestown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:07 AM

Thanks for putting this together. It was a good read. It might be helpful to go into a little more detail in the "my first mech" section by giving the prices for the various chassis and the upgrades that you suggest. For example:

If you are good at heat management, it is possible to swap the small Lasers for medium Lasers. You should only attempt this after you've already upgraded to DHS and an XL engine.

If you are good at heat management, it is possible to swap the Small Lasers for Medium Lasers [480,000 cb]. You should only attempt this after you have already upgraded to DHS [1,500,000 cb] and an XL engine [4,491,667 cb].

Or

If you are good at heat management, it is possible to swap the Small Lasers for Medium Lasers. You should only attempt this after you have already upgraded to DHS and an XL engine. Price tags:

6x Medium Lasers at [80,000] is [480,000]
DHS Upgrade [1,500,000]
275-XL Engine [4,491,667]

That might give new players a better idea for when they should start thinking about this stuff.

#52 WaddeHaddeDudeda

• 1,567 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

Glad it could help a bit! ;)

As for the total cbills thingy: I had the idea myself when I started to write this guide and smurfy didn't existed.
But I came to the conclusion that it's to much of a PITA to do that.
Now with smurfy (which gives you total costs for every config) it would be a valid option. But to be honest: my time is very limited and this project will eat up day again as soon as they release UI 2.0. Along with that I'd probably like to explain the symbols around the target bracket a little bit better - so currently the total cost thingy isn't that high on my list.
Granted though, all of those beginner mechs are easily (and if not: "almost") affordable with a completed cadet bonus. Doesn't applies to the more advanced suggestions (like XL engines...) though. But people can always toy around in smurfy by themselves, if they fancy. :wacko:

Speaking about it: I've replaced the links in the very first post. Version 1.2c is online now.

#53 Ecoman

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:50 AM

Raab's appearance consists of a rapid-fire hip-hop-inspired delivery of tongue twisters in an invented German dialect on the general theme of questions about what "he has there".

#54 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

You also have the option to buy a “Champion-Mech” for MC. Those will grant you a 10 % XP-boost in every match.

Is this still true? Or does it only give the CBill bonus now instead?

And I take it the name was changed to Hero Mech?

#55 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

View PostFelio, on 20 May 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

Is this still true? Or does it only give the CBill bonus now instead?
And I take it the name was changed to Hero Mech?

Hero Mechs provide a 30% bonus to C-Bill rewards, have a different (not necessarily better, just different) hard point configuration, special skin, and special names (Death's Knell, The X-5, Yen-Lo-Wang, Fang, Flame, Ilya Muromets, Pretty Baby, Misery, Heavy Metal).

Champion Mechs provide a 10% bonus to XP rewards, and come with a custom loadout on a standard chassis (DRG-5N(C)).

#56 LordBraxton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Here is my beginners guide

Buy a mech 70 tons or heavier that isn't an Awesome

fill with PPCs or PPCs\Gauss

Profit

Thats what I do.

Even if I lose I get 600 damage and the ability to scoff at my teammates shoddy 167 damage or whatever

If I bring out a medium I am lucky to score 400 damage on a win, where I lead the team

Edited by LordBraxton, 20 May 2013 - 04:38 PM.

#57 WaddeHaddeDudeda

• 1,567 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:35 PM

View PostLordBraxton, on 20 May 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

Here is my beginners guide

Buy a mech 70 tons or heavier that isn't an Awesome

fill with PPCs or PPCs\Gauss

Profit

Thats what I do.

Even if I lose I get 600 damage and the ability to scoff at my teammates shoddy 167 damage or whatever

If I bring out a medium I am lucky to score 400 damage on a win, where I lead the team

My guide > your guide.
If you're here to complain about the current meta of the game, please **** my lawn and do it one of the 84758394750392 other threads in this forum.

yours truly

#58 SkyRocker

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

Just wanted to say that I downloaded this guide and read through it while MWO was patching up. I haven't played the game yet, but this guide has me EXTREMELY excited and I know that I'll be using it for some time to come as I come upon different questions that I have.

One thing that I have always found frustrating is a lack of guidance when starting a game, simple things like the HUD and enemy identification. This guide covers it ALL and I am really grateful to have it. Thanks again for all of your hard work, and caring enough about the game and the community to take the time to do this,

#59 WaddeHaddeDudeda

• 1,567 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

Thanks for the kind words! :)

Updated to version 1.2d.
Amongst others it explains now the smybols which appear over a targeted Mech.

Updated the link at the very first page.
Get your copy NOW while it's hot! :(

Edited by WaddeHaddeDudeda, 23 May 2013 - 09:06 AM.

#60 Manfred Schonfeld

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAntwerp

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:42 AM

Thanks a million!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users