#41 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:52 AM

Voilà:

Posted Image

The first Mech I bought, and it's still the one I'm the most comfortable with. I settled on a Quad Large Laser build a long time ago, though recently I swapped out two of the regular LLas for ERs. Here's how I'm running it currently, but I'm always tinkering and tweaking it: CPLT-K2

Edited by Uite Dauphni, 17 March 2013 - 07:27 AM.

#42 Huntsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

It changes as the game changes.

1- In closed beta it was the Jenner F

2- I supplanted the Jenner F with the Red Reaper back when netcode stunk and you could shove any sized engine into a Hunchie

3-Once the engine sizes were limited I moved on to the Cicada 2A which was my primary until ECM and streaks became a bit nuts

4- the Stalker 5M (brawler) became my primary at that point, and it remained so until slow brawlers began to become somewhat of a liability in certain spots recently

5- I moved on to the Cataphract 3D (poptart) at this point

As a credit to the game's netcode improvement I use a greater diversity of mechs than before. If a scout mech was called for, I would use the 3L, but now I'm starting to bring my 2A back out to play again. I still use my 5M, along with a 3F as well.

The two variants I have the most excess XP on is without a doubt my 5M and 2A, both of which have hundreds of thousands leftover.

#43 hacksaw907

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

Stalker-4N seems to be my main mech. It used to be the Cataphract 4X with the dual guass, but with the hitpoints on the gun reduced to basically nil, it's 4 er ppc's for me now.

#44 Abe07

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

I've got two I love equally.

CN9-A Centurion

UAC5
2 - ML
2 - SRM 4

AS7-D (F) Atlas

Pretty much stock with upgrades.

#45 Vickdak

Rookie

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

Signature would definitely be my K2 with dual AC/20. All or nothing.

#46 ICEFANG13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

I'm known as a dangerous and effective Jenner-D pilot. I love watching my missiles connect on other light mechs consistently, I dislike watching Ravens not taking damage from the shot. I can't wait until more HSR comes online and I can kill all of them into the dust.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 16 March 2013 - 09:38 PM, said:

The CN9-AH Centurion was my original "signature" ride.

Until PGI decided I didn't need it anymore.

From there, I rode various designs, trying for fit. Gaussapult. CN9-A, CN9-D, and then.... The Cataphract arrived. I would say I have driven my 4X almost as much as all other chassis combined.

So I THOUGHT it had arrived. But then, the disloyal, promiscuous dog that I am, I met a new mistress, my K-series Trebuchet. It seemed a poor fit on paper, but I drive it so well.

But.... A few days hence and the Jagermech will arrive....... And possibly it will take my fancy.

But for now, I drive my lanky, misshapen, beautifully ugly Trebuchet-K.

I've noticed that, other than using an XL engine, you can use a Trebuchet almost like a Cent-AH, you probably know it too, but if you didn't, I wanted to share a build my friend used in closed beta, on the Tre-K. I know how it feels to lose your favorite mech (as in, the Jenner-D was terrible until I understood SRMs, now I love it). It can also do a YLW build, unless a YLW has an XL in it, I'm surprised we even see that mech anymore now.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...28b6475928a3aad

View PostMasterNeko, on 16 March 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:

jenner JR7-D 3 medium lasers + 2 srm 4

You know, humorously, you probably have JJs on that mech, but if you don't, even before ECM, the Raven-3L can do that build better with SRM-6 and SRM-2, it has an extra module slot. On a Jenner-D to be completely used effectively, you have to use all 4 energy and both missiles (otherwise you could bring a Raven-3L or Jenner-K for an extra module slot).

View PostIstral, on 16 March 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

Spider 5D. If you've fought me, you know why.

Quite so Istral :)

#47 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

View PostUite Dauphni, on 17 March 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

Voilà:

Posted Image

The first Mech I bought, and it's still the one I'm the most comfortable with. I settled on a Quad Large Laser build a long time ago, though recently I swapped out two of the regular LLas for ERs. Here's how I'm running it currently, but I'm always tinkering and tweaking it: CPLT-K2

I really think you should put the two ER in arms. The whole purpose of the arms is to have cover-popping ability.

#48 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

My sig 'Mech is the TBT-7M. Usually 2MPL, TAG, 3SSRM2. I've been having fun with 3SRM2+Art lately though.

#49 Benyamin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 169 posts
  • LocationWarner Robins, Georgia

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

Currently, I'm known for my Catapult K2 "Hand of Zeus" .

4 ERPPCs my run hotter than hell, but when the Hand of Zeus touches you, bad things happen.

#50 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostHelmstif, on 17 March 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

I really think you should put the two ER in arms. The whole purpose of the arms is to have cover-popping ability.

Actually, that's how I had it at first, but I've found this to be more effective. The rationale is that for long range shots, it doesn't matter all that much, the side torso lasers are close enough to your point of view that if you can see it, you can hit it. Short range shots are a different story. Especially when you're fighting in an area with a lot of elevation differences, you're going to need the extra vertical reach the arms can provide. And when you're fighting at such short ranges, the damage from both weapons is the same, but the ERs are a lot hotter, so it makes sense to put the cooler weapon in the more mobile location.

#51 Effectz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 349 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

Atlas DDC. AC20 medlasx2 SRM6x3

#52 Lege

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 365 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

My only sig is that I can get a lot out of any ride.
Since the engine nerf to hunchbacks, the swayback no longer exists.
It was as close to a signature mech as I had.
Present day equivalent is the fast treb with 4 ml/2 srm-6 at 125 kph.
Back in the day of terrible net code and hunchbacks with big engines, I could literally change a battle.
Now days everyone knows to shoot the hunch out too.

View PostTheFlyingScotsman, on 17 March 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

My sig 'Mech is the TBT-7M. Usually 2MPL, TAG, 3SSRM2. I've been having fun with 3SRM2+Art lately though.

Your paying 2 tons and 2 crit slots for what you could do with a SRM-6+Art?
I do like the 7m with 3 mpl, 3 ssrm-2 and 5 jump jets

#53 Mabru

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 23 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

AWS-PB 89km/h 3ML, ASRM6x3. It usually gets the job done, have a tough time with boaters in open terrain though!

#54 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

Two- DDC sniper and K2 ERPPC sniper

#55 Jive Korsan

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

Gotta go with hunchback 4SP though I'm starting to love my swayback more and more these days

#56 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

Another medium on the list, interesting...

#57 Elkfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 483 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

Well that depends on how literal we're being.

:(

In all seriousness though, it would have to either be my Hunchback 4SP (5 ML + 2 SRM4, 89ish kph with speed tweak) or my Trebuchet 5J, a.k.a the "pseudo-Uziel", with an ER PPC in each arm and a 300XL engine. The 5J is fast, maneuverable, and able to engage at all ranges. I love me some flexible mediums. They call 'em the "workhorses of the battlefield" for a reason!

Edited by Elkfire, 17 March 2013 - 07:02 PM.

#58 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

Mmm...now that you mention the uziel, wonder what I could do with 2ppcs and a srm6 on my treb.

Edited by Dracol, 17 March 2013 - 07:03 PM.

#59 darkkterror

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

Hmmm...I switch around my Mechs a lot, so I guess I could just list the ones I seem to use the most.

My most used Mech to date is very easily my Ilya. With 2xGauss Rifles it is a credit grinding beast and it's fun to pilot.

Lately, I've been using my CTF-1X quite a bit. AC20 + 5 MLs. I really love that AC20. Getting that kill shot with it is just so satisfying. I also get an even greater sense of pleasure when I kill a light with it for some reason...

My most used Atlas to date is my RS. I'm absolutely crazy, so I cram a XL 360 engine in it. I then slap on 4 PPCs and a Gauss Rifle. Those silly K2s and poptart 3Ds think they can snipe me. Boy, are they in for a surprise.

When I'm in a missile boating mood, I run either my CPLT-C1 or TBT-3C. Both of them pack 2 LRM15s with Artemis. I really think the 3C wins for me here because it cruises along at 90KPH.

Hhmm...I think those are currently the most notable Mechs for me. I am planning on picking up a Jagermech or two on Tuesday, so we'll see how that works out.

#60 Draconeran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 101 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontana, USA

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

Catapault c4 with 2 lrm 15 art, 2lrm 5 art, 2 med las, ams, beagle, 8 tns lrm ammo, 300xl, endo

BTW why I wasted time with lrm 15 and lrm 5 instead of lrm 20 is (fire rate!!) and i can cut back on ammo watse on possible hits.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users