What About Lrms Has Changed? I'm Honestly Confused

51 replies to this topic

#1 Fergrim

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

I notice them being more effective overall... but what's changed to make this the case?

Is it increased damage per missile?

Increased splash damage?

A change in formation?

I feel like they are doing far more damage overall... but if they just fixed the splash damage to affect legs, why would they be removing splash damage overall on April second?

I scanned the other threads on the issue, and whereas everyone seemed to be exclaiming that LRMs are vastly more effective, I haven't noticed anyone pin-pointing exactly why.

Anyone know?

Edit: Further inquiry has led me to understand...

Splash damage was already broken in the sense of doing too much damage, but the recent patch "fixed" it so that it damaged all parts of the mech, as it should...

So now, we're noticing our whole mech getting insta-gibbed because while the too much splash damage bug is still in effect, now it's spreading to heads and legs also.

So a fix, plus an old bug ='s a magnification of an old bug.

Edited by Fergrim, 19 March 2013 - 10:52 PM.

#2 Immitem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationVICO Capital of Canada

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

I am just as baffled. I was annihilated in the last match by LRMs. Something seems different yet I cannot put my finger on it. If I was to take a flying guess it would be tighter grouping.

Edited by Immitem, 19 March 2013 - 10:53 PM.

#3 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

Looks like LRMs need a damage nerf. I say good. Give them an entire weapon mechanic overhaul while we're at it. The current way LRMs work is just stupid anyway.

#4 Alymbic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 600 posts
  • LocationSpace Australia

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

View PostImmitem, on 19 March 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

I am just as baffled. I was annihilated in the last match by LRMs. Something seems different yet I cannot put my finger on it. If I was to take a flying guess it would be tighter grouping.

Its the splash damage I think. I got 2700 damage today with LRM's, seems a little bit too effective. Looking at my stats, LRM damage averages out to 1.9 per missile... which doesn't sound too much higher, but ive hit with 18,830 lrms, only about 2-3 thousand today, so it'll take a while to pull the average up further post patch (I've fired about 67 thousand in total, but cover and so on stop 'em :/)

Edited by Alymbic, 19 March 2013 - 10:58 PM.

#5 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

View Postmwhighlander, on 19 March 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

Looks like LRMs need a damage nerf. I say good. Give them an entire weapon mechanic overhaul while we're at it. The current way LRMs work is just stupid anyway.

yeah, make em not lock... them we can shoot and hit absolutely nothing every time.

#6 Severus Baggins Kerensky

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

Nothing is wrong. LRM is fine now. They should keep LRM viable like this to keep the game varied because lasers and cannons can be boring. If anything, they should nerf ECM. That thing is so OP it's nuts. How can they have something that made me unable to use my LRMs, it's so unfair. TAG is not the answer because that would mean I have to break cover to use it and that's the only way to be safe from other LRMs.

#7 Immitem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

View PostAlymbic, on 19 March 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

Its the splash damage I think. I got 2700 damage today with LRM's, seems a little bit too effective

Maybe you are right. Also I am getting a strong impression that the missiles have a tighter turn radius coupled with a strange habit of rolling over the surface of hills at steep angles

#8 Inyc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 332 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

View PostSeverus Baggins Kerensky, on 19 March 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

Nothing is wrong. LRM is fine now. They should keep LRM viable like this to keep the game varied because lasers and cannons can be boring. If anything, they should nerf ECM. That thing is so OP it's nuts. How can they have something that made me unable to use my LRMs, it's so unfair. TAG is not the answer because that would mean I have to break cover to use it and that's the only way to be safe from other LRMs.

You've got to be trolling.

#9 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 19 March 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

yeah, make em not lock... them we can shoot and hit absolutely nothing every time.

Read this.

http://mwomercs.com/...-and-heres-how/

You're Welcome.

Edited by mwhighlander, 19 March 2013 - 10:59 PM.

#10 Alymbic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 600 posts
  • LocationSpace Australia

View PostSeverus Baggins Kerensky, on 19 March 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

2627 damage. Not overpowered at allPosted Image I really feel like I'm overusing this picture, but it really tells the story by itself

Edited by Alymbic, 19 March 2013 - 11:01 PM.

#11 Bluecricket

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 37 posts

All missiles are dealing 2x damage (including splash) to cockpits at this time.

#12 Immitem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

View PostAlymbic, on 19 March 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

2700 damage. Not overpowered at allPosted Image I really feel like I'm overusing this picture, but it really tells the story by itself

Holy hell Jeice! The captain would be proud!

#13 Fergrim

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

Yeah, I'm feeling like the splash damage is excessively effective...

But turning it off completely in two weeks? They're making it difficult to adjust... or to get the sense I'm learning how to play..

They keep changing the meta on us.

At least now it feels like a beta, rather than an excuse.

Edit:

BLUECRICKET: Thanks for the response!

Do you have a link as to that information from a dev, or is that independently sourced?

I don't get why, if splash damage is broken, they wouldn't hotfix it out now, and then include the fix on April 2nd...

Rather than completely removing game mechanics for months at a time.

Edited by Fergrim, 19 March 2013 - 11:14 PM.

#14 Severus Baggins Kerensky

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

View PostAlymbic, on 19 March 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

2627 damage. Not overpowered at allPosted Image I really feel like I'm overusing this picture, but it really tells the story by itself

Those people are just bad at running for cover. I'm sure the 1-2 seconds they got the warning they should dive for the nearest building. If the enemy fired LRMs from 1000 meters away, just move to a different grid. If they fired from 300 meters away, it's your own fault to be out in the open. You should've been able to attack an enemy from behind cover, like me, the LRMboat, a Captain of the Industry.

#15 Immitem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

View PostSeverus Baggins Kerensky, on 19 March 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

Those peopl If they fired from 300 meters away, it's your own fault to be out in the open. You should've been able to attack an enemy from behind cover, like me, the LRMboat, a Captain of the Industry.

That's easy to say when your are not already engaged and trying to dodge your initial opponent.

#16 RiceyFighter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 608 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

I had multiple one volley deaths at this patch

#17 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

My suspicion is that this is a side-effect from the coding change they put in place to fix explosive damage to legs.
You know, the thing that's been slated for this patch for like a month and everyone was ignoring.

They changed how the splash damage for missiles is calculated.

#18 TerebNeerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 260 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

Someone in another thread says they have tested the splash damage range and it has increased from 6m to 8m

#19 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

View PostImmitem, on 19 March 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

Agreed. Remove the warning. Remove the lock. Give LRM's the same velocity of Gauss. Everything fixed.

#20 Voidcrafter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 718 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

View PostSeverus Baggins Kerensky, on 19 March 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

Those people are just bad at running for cover. I'm sure the 1-2 seconds they got the warning they should dive for the nearest building. If the enemy fired LRMs from 1000 meters away, just move to a different grid. If they fired from 300 meters away, it's your own fault to be out in the open. You should've been able to attack an enemy from behind cover, like me, the LRMboat, a Captain of the Industry.

Would you "pro" players stop accusing the others for being a complete idiots that have no idea what the word "cover" is.
Man, I've got so much similar crap, that I'm sick of it already.
Yea, damage is not a criteria about how good someone is, but looking at that game I can already tell you, that all the 7 of the players didn't played that bad, or atleast are not that brain damaged as you presume.
Just, please, for just 10 seconds, get out from that friggin box and think out if it:
Just imagine that actually something with your favorite weapon is wrong? Can you? No?
LRMs are broken. Can you finally face this thing?
Yea they seems to do what they're inteded to. But they shouldn't. Do you know why?
Cause no weapon in no game, requires that much(if any) skill to operate should do such harm.
So yea - basically I run around like a complete *****, always trying to stay in a cover, cause some bad player on the other team decided to go LRM boating. So - ok - I can take in consideration this only and single player, and just because he's in the game(even tho we just assume he's not a skillful player) I should change my entire playstyle.
Ok - I can live with that, I can chicken around and stuff and be punished for the 5 secs I left my cover and the fact some light have targeted me.
Getting out of cover does not make you *****. It's game mechanics and stuff.
Cause smart people will push you out of cover, or sooner or later you should change your position, or something else.
And in that ~5 <--> 10 secs you require to do that you get obliterated by someone who is boating with LRMs.
Stop accusing the others of not being able to play, or either do that leaving your ingame name, so I can make a black list and stomp the hell out of you "pro" players next time I see you on the battlefield.
LRMs now, in their intention to either do splash damage, or hit lower areas of your body, goes through the cockpit, making it completely possible to be killed from 2 salvos of LRM15, just cause your head exploded.
And if that doesn't happen the legs go off.
Nope. It doesn't sounds fair to me.
Edit: typos, I do that alot so I beg for pardon :huh:

Edited by Voidcrafter, 20 March 2013 - 12:38 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users