#21 charov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationLondon - UK

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

View PostRoyalewithcheese, on 27 March 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

You can keep an XL mech alive with torso rolling longer, too. Good tactic in general.

Yes you can, but if you look at the Jag'mech from the side, you'll see that the arms are smaller than the side torso so they can't cover it very well. Therefore you still receive a lot of hits in your shoulder, with the risk of explode due to the XL.

Not to mention an α from those nasty PPC boats ;)

#22 Kaylos Thex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:33 AM

I have been doing really well with this particular build

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...74ddda11c823911

2 UAC5's can do a surprising amount of damage in a game.

I tend to get 500 damage, and 2 kills per match with it.

I do wish i could afford a smaller XL engine though. The 300 was donated from a Centurion 9-D.
Nor do i find that side torso destruction accounts for more deaths. I usually get cored.

#23 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:16 AM

View PostKaylos Thex, on 28 March 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

I have been doing really well with this particular build

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...74ddda11c823911

2 UAC5's can do a surprising amount of damage in a game.

I tend to get 500 damage, and 2 kills per match with it.

I do wish i could afford a smaller XL engine though. The 300 was donated from a Centurion 9-D.
Nor do i find that side torso destruction accounts for more deaths. I usually get cored.

I'm fairly sure you can take off one DHS and a ton of ammo to make space for an AMS. Just saying.

Aside from that, it's such a simple build...I'm really tempted to try it out....

Edited by Helmstif, 28 March 2013 - 01:17 AM.

#24 SchwarzerPeter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:59 AM

I run my Jagger S with this loadout: JM6-S

2x UAC5, 7t ammo
4x ML
STD 260, 64,8 kph
AMS, 1t ammo

I would not run a XL in a Jagger, i tend to get the rear torsos blown up pretty often. Not to ammo explosion, the fins get shoot up straight away. The ammo is empty there first anyway. Maybe AMS ammo to the feet, but so you have 100 save backup shoots.
But you have to get used to the UAC5, only controlled dakka. Even in close range. It will do the most damage if you don't jam.

Its my most successful loadout, but there are a couple of trigger friendly variation:

Dual AC10: JM6-S (or 4 SL for 2t more ammo)

Quad AC2: JM6-S (again, SL for more ammo possible)

Dual AC5: JM6-S
Trigger friendly alternative to the UAC5, with a HUGE load of ammo. That's almost 4 minutes of constant dakka, lol

#25 charov

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationLondon - UK

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:52 AM

I don't understand why so many people use the AMS. One AMS can destroy few missiles so it's not crucial if the rest of the team doesn't mount it. The best way to avoid LRM is to break the LOS and use cover.

#26 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:56 AM

View Postred devil2, on 28 March 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

I don't understand why so many people use the AMS. One AMS can destroy few missiles so it's not crucial if the rest of the team doesn't mount it. The best way to avoid LRM is to break the LOS and use cover.

One AMS may not be a big deal, but five of them could intercept a lot of missiles. Plus SSRM could hurt a lot late game.

#27 Vagabond HT

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen i being to you for your approval the Rifleman Mk2

JM6-S Rifleman Mk2
I basicly copied the Riflemen 3N's loadout on to the jager upped the armour abit and Put a XL in to it, Endo and DHS its a much better prospect. i am running a Customized build of this as well with a XL 300 2 less Heatsinks but i have 2 extra in the engine giving me some more cooling. (Mostly down to i am startting to save up for my new Highlander, and i had my 300 XL from my laying around). As long as you don't fire constantly with the lasers you will not overheat even on Caustic.

2 AC5s 4 tons of ammo (120 rounds)
2 Large lasers
2 Medium lasers

You can run it with out a XL engine but you will be limited to just the 10 DHS in the 260 Standard and 2 tons of Ac5 ammo

JM6-S Rifleman mk2 with out XL

Edited by vagabond The Scot, 28 March 2013 - 06:46 AM.

#28 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:49 AM

Jagers survive just fine with XL engines. Those who think they don't need to spend some time driving Awesomes and learn how to torso twist.

#29 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:22 AM

I't seems like of all of these builds the AC10 does not get much representation. I've seen AC2s, AC5s, UAC5s, AC20s, Gauss and even the odd LBX in some other builds.

What are people's thoughts on the AC10 on the Jager?

#30 Royalewithcheese

• 2,342 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

View PostRaso, on 28 March 2013 - 07:22 AM, said:

I't seems like of all of these builds the AC10 does not get much representation. I've seen AC2s, AC5s, UAC5s, AC20s, Gauss and even the odd LBX in some other builds.

What are people's thoughts on the AC10 on the Jager?

I've run into some mean Jager builds that use it - from my (receiving end) perspective it seems to have similar characteristics to the UAC5 in that it depends on continuous hull-down fire.

#31 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

View PostRoyalewithcheese, on 28 March 2013 - 07:24 AM, said:

I've run into some mean Jager builds that use it - from my (receiving end) perspective it seems to have similar characteristics to the UAC5 in that it depends on continuous hull-down fire.

I've not used the UACs much but I can get that notion. It's sort of a stop gap between the UACs and the AC20 and sort of a divergences at the same time. The AC10 has the range and bullet velocity to be an effective mid range weapon (more so than the AC20 with damage drop off IMHO) with the refire rate to pick mechs appart. A pair of them, however, also deal amazing burst damage. So you have a balance between burst damage and continuous damage.

I've been. almost exclusively, using a pair of AC10s on my Jager and I must say that they really do cause the pain. Being able to run with a STD engine also helps!

Edited by Raso, 28 March 2013 - 07:33 AM.

#32 Mhael

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

I'm having a lot of fun with this simple build: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1244d5ba59245f8. 4xAC/2 with a STD 260 engine. You can easily chew through the CT of a medium or heavy mech before overheating. Without lasers you are vulnerable to lights so stick close to a buddy. If I ever get enough money I'd like to try one with a XL 285, 2xSL , another ton of ammo and a couple more heat sinks.

#33 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

I actually heard 2xLBX10 works. Will test it out.

#34 theta123

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

XL engine on jagermech... I only have it on my DD model. And while it kicks *** (XL 210, 15 DHS, 2x UAC/5 T7ammo and 2 MPL), everytime i play with my DD, its gambling

But you know. If you like to gamble..I am your man
You win some matches, you loose some. All the same to me
The pleasure is to play, makes no diffrence what people say
I dont share your greed, the only card i need is
The ace of spades!
The ace of spades!

#35 Gunnr75

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSt Louis

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

I run a XL in my DD with 3 UAC/5's and 1ML and have tons of fun. The Jager isn't a front line brawler. Play a support role and throw tons of dmg down range while they are distracted by your mates up front. You can quickly turn the tide of battle by helping to down a couple of theirs before they get a couple of yours. If thats the case then roll up and help dust up the rest. But.... if they gain the advantage watch out. You will probably end up cored and having an XL may only hasten that by seconds anyway.

#36 thebrassthief

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

I love your guides dude. They're all so handy and I keep them bookmarked and always check back to them.

#37 Wrenchfarm

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

View Postred devil2, on 28 March 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

What if you flipped that logic around? What if you encouraged all your buddies to run AMS? 4 people running AMS and sticking close could fearlessly charge missile boats. I surprised more brawler-centric groups don't do it.

View PostHelmstif, on 28 March 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

Eeehhh, I gave it a shot. Not so great. Same problems as usual for the LBX. On the plus side, combined with 4xMGs, I felt like the God of dakka.

#38 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

View PostHelmstif, on 28 March 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

While I don't subscribe to the consensus on the forums that most people who speak highly of them have no clue what they are talking about AND as a fan of the LBX10 I must confess that they work no worse on the Jager than on any other ballistic based mech. If anything I'd say you're not using the mech to it's greatest potential because you are not taking advantage of it's ability to snipe from cover.

But if you absolutely have to be that close go with the AC20s. The AC20s work well if you can ambush or if you're part of a greater force and you can flank but I would't really consider that brawling as you do not wish to linger. The AC10s, in my opinion, pack enough range to be useful in mid range encounters while also packing enough pin point damage to make any would be brawlers sweat. I can't count how many XL engine, AC20 Jagermechs I've picked apart from 500m out with my dual AC10s, though.

#39 Hauser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 976 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

View Postvagabond The Scot, on 28 March 2013 - 06:43 AM, said:

Ladies and Gentlemen i being to you for your approval the Rifleman Mk2

JM6-S Rifleman Mk2

Why are the heat sinks in the arms?

#40 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostHauser, on 28 March 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

Why are the heat sinks in the arms?

To reduce the chance of ballistics being destroyed when the arm armor wears out?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users