Big Idea About: Game Balance, Is Vs Clan Balance, And Long Time Effekt For Mwo

103 replies to this topic

Poll: Big idea about: Game balance, IS vs Clan balance, and long time effekt for MWO (90 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you support the Idea?

1. Yes. (61 votes [67.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 67.78%

2. No. (21 votes [23.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.33%

3. Abstain. (8 votes [8.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Capt Cole 117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationSeattle Aerospace Defense Command, Terra

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

The OPs innersphere hardpoint scheme is far too restrictive.

#42 FrostBear

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 65 posts
  • LocationGermany/ coming from Hungary

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

View PostCapt Cole 117, on 26 March 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

The OPs innersphere hardpoint scheme is far too restrictive.

As mentioned above friend, its tweakable, and a suggestion, if you read, the rest of the postings to, maybe you see or find also ideas that fit your playstyle or opinion, if you have it, take the time to look at it.

Take care FrostBear

#43 Quardak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,301 posts
  • LocationRaumsystem Kitzingen

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

What is too restrictive? Mechs with specific Roles?

Not allowing 1-click-boats.

This shouldn't be CS. I want no 1 shoot kills... I want diversity

#44 Tigridor

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 20 posts
  • LocationGermany/Hungary

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:06 AM

Too restrictive!! ok let me say every mech variant play his role, I played my Dragon-1N in his role i dont want a Gauss or LL or SRMs. The Dragon is a Flanking Supporter and every variant has the same weaponary class,! a CTF-2X is a middle-short range Brawler, the CTF-4X is a long distance sniper, so i want infight buy a CTF-2X or AS7-D or Hunchi-SP or 4G or other brawler. I like mixed weapons, all my Mech have mixed weaponary, diversity this is what MWO need in this Boating-time! when everyone is boating on every match where is the fun to fight with your weaponconfig.? Solaris7 ok go on and make events for Solaris7,every month a new Champion cool why not, play 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 or lance again lance, great i want videos from it and watch them in a big presentation on the site.

I want a good self Balancing system! boating is for Elite Gladiators on Solaris7. on the Battlefield u need mixed weapons and variants!

I think many people want play with different weaponary
and last Raven 3L is for Electronical spoting warfare and not an infight brawler with ECM! (sucks)

c u Tigridor

Edited by Tigridor, 27 March 2013 - 03:15 AM.

#45 Quardak

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:45 AM

true words!

Look at the 5 Variants of the Hunchback... only 2 played (if ever) is the G and the SP.

The other ones? Never touched (only for leveling the other ones).

With this Hardpoint-System you give them a small chance to take part in the game.

(as AK/10 Variant, the Laser-Variant, the LRM-Support)

#46 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:06 AM

View PostQuardak, on 27 March 2013 - 03:45 AM, said:

Look at the 5 Variants of the Hunchback... only 2 played (if ever) is the G and the SP.

The G?
Thought they are running the 4H...because you can mount the same main armament of the G but have two additonal Medium Laser.

I don't think it is to restrictive when not every Mech could run every weapon.
However real restrictive would be:
no change of structure, armor or heat sinks.
every thing you do in a section has to get the same crits and tonnage as before (medium laser and a single heatsink for SRM 2 with 1 ton ammunition is the premier example)

#47 KingKaiser1

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

I want the same balancing, this system is a good idea for the game.
I use different weaponloads on my mechs.

#48 Quardak

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

As i said!

Give every Loadout a good chance

#49 ShockATC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:22 AM

Great idea, thats what i thought about balancing. Though i would give the Hardpoints a small different loadout set like what you did, but what the heck... its not our job to do the details.
i totally support your idea!

you have to be able to "customize" your mech with different weapon types, but you should not be able to overload it with only one weapon (ERPPC for example).

#50 Tigridor

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:41 AM

View PostShockATC, on 28 March 2013 - 01:22 AM, said:

Great idea, thats what i thought about balancing. Though i would give the Hardpoints a small different loadout set like what you did, but what the heck... its not our job to do the details.

you have to be able to "customize" your mech with different weapon types, but you should not be able to overload it with only one weapon (ERPPC for example).

we say the same!!
PGI have to balance this, it is only a idea for hartpoints, no boating.
different weaponloads and diversity!!!!!

Edited by Tigridor, 28 March 2013 - 03:23 AM.

#51 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:59 AM

Its not allone boating.
Lets suggest...i'm able to create a Atlas RS...with 2 PPCs, 2 Large Laser, 1 Gauss and a ALRM 20.
With this modification it would not be possible - however. After current reading...it is not a boat.

With moderate aiming skill....I have a Alpha damage of 73dmg...that can hit the same location. Maybe not as effective as a quad PPC Stalker - but still 73dmg...maybe in a single location...not that difficult vs Awesome, Atlas, CTF-4X etc.

Lets say i have two of them...or three....3 Atlas are common on MWO BattleFields - i can virtually remove any mech from the field with those tree mechs, all i need is a good position.

Modification like the OP suggested is absolutly necessary to have afar from "weapoin position and hitboxes differences between the battlemechs... because i can remember a time in closed beta where my AS7-D, AS7-K and AS7-RS had the same config...I don't think that it should be in this way.
The best thing of the OPs idea is to have two different approaches of Mechbuilding for MechLab (IS vs Clan)...and that is a really strong advantage

But its just one problem.There are several other things to consider - for example that the AC 20 is actual a AC 50. That the AC 2 is a AC 40. That the ER-PPC is a binary Clan-ER-PPC

There is still the problem of 4 Medium Laser that are more effectiv as a AC 20. So that even with MechLab modification and the Hunch 4G the only Hunch with AC 20 - it will be a less common...because it is outgunned by the more flexible Hunchback 4P.

There is still the problem that heat - is no real concern - you have to consider.

There is still the problem that some Mechs like the soon to comme BlackJack have just one single duty on the battlefield...that duty is called dying - because he has to few armor to few fire power...and because there is no effectiv BattleValue of Mech multipled with ELO rating of the Mechwarrior - he has to face Steiner Scout lances...and no chance to retreat or to fight another day...all he can do is to hope to deal little damage and die.

#52 FrostBear

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 28 March 2013 - 02:59 AM, said:

Its not allone boating.
Lets suggest...i'm able to create a Atlas RS...with 2 PPCs, 2 Large Laser, 1 Gauss and a ALRM 20.
With this modification it would not be possible - however. After current reading...it is not a boat.

With moderate aiming skill....I have a Alpha damage of 73dmg...that can hit the same location. Maybe not as effective as a quad PPC Stalker - but still 73dmg...maybe in a single location...not that difficult vs Awesome, Atlas, CTF-4X etc.

Lets say i have two of them...or three....3 Atlas are common on MWO BattleFields - i can virtually remove any mech from the field with those tree mechs, all i need is a good position.

Modification like the OP suggested is absolutly necessary to have afar from "weapoin position and hitboxes differences between the battlemechs... because i can remember a time in closed beta where my AS7-D, AS7-K and AS7-RS had the same config...I don't think that it should be in this way.
The best thing of the OPs idea is to have two different approaches of Mechbuilding for MechLab (IS vs Clan)...and that is a really strong advantage

But its just one problem.There are several other things to consider - for example that the AC 20 is actual a AC 50. That the AC 2 is a AC 40. That the ER-PPC is a binary Clan-ER-PPC

There is still the problem of 4 Medium Laser that are more effectiv as a AC 20. So that even with MechLab modification and the Hunch 4G the only Hunch with AC 20 - it will be a less common...because it is outgunned by the more flexible Hunchback 4P.

There is still the problem that heat - is no real concern - you have to consider.

There is still the problem that some Mechs like the soon to comme BlackJack have just one single duty on the battlefield...that duty is called dying - because he has to few armor to few fire power...and because there is no effectiv BattleValue of Mech multipled with ELO rating of the Mechwarrior - he has to face Steiner Scout lances...and no chance to retreat or to fight another day...all he can do is to hope to deal little damage and die.

True words friend, and the hp system sure needs tweak, over time, with enough data, of the fights, usage, dmg, they have all options to fix it, bit sometimes i think, wpn dmg should be fixed to original tt standards, cause, at the moment LL, ERLL and LPL do same dmg, so noone uses LPL. And a ac 20 should feel like: omfg what hit me? At the moment you dont fear it. Pgi had the idea with double armor to let fights last longer, at the moment the fights last for seconds again lot of times, with the hp system this balances too, cause no ueberboats possible. Would help alot the new players that get thrown into the meatwolf in the first games, who wants to loose in seconds? Without the feeling of learning out of it, exept...6ppc??? Hit me? Omfg...6srms?...wtf...5LL?...hey...5lrm 20?

Thats a new player and also a experienced player fun killer.

Edited by FrostBear, 28 March 2013 - 04:46 PM.

#53 FrostBear

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

Agree with you too, and about that we shouldn't be the ones to do the details. Yes, but! As how Gabe Newell said, the founder of Valve, about new content and problem solutions! "Never mess your selfe with the community, cause they bring out ideas and content in such a speed, and productivity, you can never keep up with itas developer, get them involved, and let them help to create the game they would love to pay for, let them help you to evolve."

Nothing says it clearer as his words, about games, fans, and f2p games to evolve and last.

#54 Quardak

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

too bad the suggestion forum is SPAMMED with new ideas...

I Have to push it !

#55 Tigridor

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:15 AM

So let hope PGI will balance this game, boating is not MWO,
many good ideas in the forum and many people say the same (Balancing)

reed the tread and think in the future for a long effect for MWO.

Edited by Tigridor, 30 March 2013 - 04:18 AM.

#56 Quardak

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:42 AM

as in the German-Forum: A lot of Boater don`t like the idea to fix boating...

When the Clans come the trough "Whine" will start.

Guess 2x ULTRA-AC/20 in an 60Ton. Mech!

#57 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:12 AM

View PostQuardak, on 30 March 2013 - 06:42 AM, said:

That's normal behaviour. Anything that puts them out of the ordinary is a threat to them.

I like the idea and simply have to support it just for the ammount of effort put into it as a whole. Yep, Mechwarrior is a game about customisation, but it's also about mechs hitting each other with full arsenal, not an AK-47 sticked next to the cockpit.

As far as people worried about the amount of work required to do it, I think your worries are unjastified. No matter what happens, PGI has to deliver Clans with their mechs which have to behave differently. As such, they can kill two flies with one hit.

#58 FrostBear

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

View PostQuardak, on 30 March 2013 - 06:42 AM, said:

When the Clans come the trough "Whine" will start.

Guess 2x ULTRA-AC/20 in an 60Ton. Mech!

Yes, they fear the possibility of loosing fastclickwins, and thats what kills the game as fast as they click mechs dead. Then after MWO is dead, they whine, why didn´t you fix boating?...Allways the ones, that cry dont take it away, dont take this away, dont nerf this or that, are the ones, crying most time, and wondering if the game dies out of unbalnace over time, they look not into the future of the game, like there can be solaris for their elitekillclick behavior, they look only into their W/L statistics. If the game gets balanced, and makes a big differenc, how you play the factions, and the solaris gladiator games, then they would get the idea behind it. At the moment, as fast as they click their alpha strikes, as fast they kill the game with it, and as long PGI thinks thats ok, as long they will go on with it too. So if one day, ppl go away cause its a counterstrike like game with mechs, MWO will be no more, and what will they play then?

Better to rework some stuff over time, then to let the boat sink, cause lot of holes in it, wouldnt it be better to work together to fill all the holes in the rump? insteed of making new ones and drive off the new players that can help fixing the holes to?

We will see what will happen over time, funny things will happen with the clans to come...and then MWO will take a new direction, upwards or downwards.

FrostBear

View PostAdridos, on 30 March 2013 - 07:12 AM, said:

That's normal behaviour. Anything that puts them out of the ordinary is a threat to them.

I like the idea and simply have to support it just for the ammount of effort put into it as a whole. Yep, Mechwarrior is a game about customisation, but it's also about mechs hitting each other with full arsenal, not an AK-47 sticked next to the cockpit.

As far as people worried about the amount of work required to do it, I think your worries are unjastified. No matter what happens, PGI has to deliver Clans with their mechs which have to behave differently. As such, they can kill two flies with one hit.

Totaly agree on that Friend, lets hope maybe they will think about it over time, mybe, if they have the big problem, wich is on the way, at the moment with pgis system, they can ignore it cause they say, its our game, our idea, but the ship will hit the iceberg someday.

Lets read your folks to, maybe they support it to, and thx for your comment and vote.

FrostBear

Edited by FrostBear, 30 March 2013 - 07:34 AM.

#59 dustd212

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationCapital City - Germany

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:54 AM

I like the proposed idea...Cause IS Mechs shouldn´t be as flexible as Omnis.

#60 Quardak

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

We still want the Mechlab! For sure its no Fun to drive Stockmechs... but its also not funny do watch this 1-Shoot-Mechs.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users