- - - - -

Hotfix March 21/2013 - Missile Fix And Server Downtime

673 replies to this topic

#621 Jorghan

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

Played a couple of games. Missiles feel too weak now, especially LRMs. Buff them a bit the latest nerf was just too much.

#622 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

I stopped using LRMs. Generally I don't think MWO has ever had LRMs. Too weak, too easy. That equals useless. So I stopped even testing them. Artemis before the Hotfix made LRMs decent so I started using them. The Bug was bad, but intermittent. Now we are back to useless LRMs.

Suit yourself, but you are making MWO rather one dimensonal gameplay of brawling or near brawling. Previous MechWarrior games embraced the idea of a long range tactical game also. So, you couldn't bring LRMs to a city map and you were unwise to bring AC20's to an open map.

I remember some players chastising the Devs for ruining their SRM or AC20 mech with Alpine map and so the same will happen with good LRMs, but that's just too bad, stop boating AC20s and SRMs when you don't know the map.

#623 JimSuperBleeder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 473 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

Aside from my K2 all of my cats are gathering dust.

Any update/news on a fix? My A1 is like a confetti cannon.

#624 Karenai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 340 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

People gave the benefit of a doubt. But with no info, no playing around with code or damage, even the most trusting users are getting frustrated.
The temporary fix is begining to feel like the knockdown temporary fix.
The only difference is, the knockdown fix made scouts more viable, while the LRM/SRM fix made LRM absolete.

Because AMS and ECM stopped beeing used streakcats are back. SSRM still hit center torso and with less of nerf to them are still very much viable.

#625 Gopblin2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

View PostJimSuperBleeder, on 05 April 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

Aside from my K2 all of my cats are gathering dust.

Any update/news on a fix? My A1 is like a confetti cannon.

Mount 5 SRM6 and one LRM10 (for assists), or even 6 SRM6.
Install Artemis. You can melt faces up to 270m now.
Yes, SplatCats have been weakened, but they're still viable.
Takes me about 4 alphas on average to kill a Heavy.

Best wishes,
Daniel.

#626 Knechter

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

heads up?

#627 Miken

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 225 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

LRMs R.I.P.
SRMs overnerfed
sSRMs overnerfed
Half mounth already gone, nice TEMPORARY fix :D

Edited by Miken, 11 April 2013 - 01:40 AM.

#628 3rdworld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:05 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 21 March 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

It is at these levels that missile combat falls back to a level that we AND the community felt was right for a long period of time before the badness appeared. I'm going to ask you to help us test these values by FEEL. Not by playing SpreadsheetWarrior.

If you where curious paul they, "FEEL" weak as hell.

#629 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:40 AM

View PostMiken, on 11 April 2013 - 01:35 AM, said:

LRMs R.I.P.
SRMs overnerfed
sSRMs overnerfed
Half mounth already gone, nice TEMPORARY fix :ph34r:

But they have to play spreadsheet warrior! That takes forever apparently.

#630 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

The simple fact is that carrying one LRM launcher, of any size, is pointless now. Even 2 LRM15s with Artemis feels very weak. You need at least 3 LRM15s to feel like you have any punch. So it's either devote most of your mech to one weapon system, or just not use any. Which means every stock mech that has LRMs is a bad choice. Maybe I should strip the LRMs off my Catapult and just use PPCs or LLs like every one is carrying. Really not any point in equipping Artemis anymore. Why expose yourself to two alpha strikes of 4+ PPCs just to hit once for 21 damage spread all over your opponent. With the current state of LRMs we have taken a big step backwards in play style so that the ONLY way to use LRMs is to fire from behind a hill, out of sight, with massive volleys.

#631 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

since I pretty much use semi stock mechs, (stock weapons) missiles are part of the load out for my J6, Heavy metal, and D-DC, ever since the missile readjustment been having problems with lrms, srms, ssrms...

#632 Target Rich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:54 AM

Well its a beta...

You seriously broke the LRM's in the previous patch...they became the God weapon...

Then with this "hot-fix" you did a classic Dev Team OVERREACTION....you nerfed missile damageto .7 and found once you virtually eliminated splash damage...that your simplistic targeting model put ALL missile damage on the ct. Thus you found that by fixing one huge problem...you created an opposite game balance problem that is just as critical..

With the inclusion of the ECM as the God coverage...coupled with the nerfing of the LRM's the totally worthless sensor suite that now does not reliably detect Enemy mechs on radar...and the hud bug that washes out the iff identification of friends and foes...and the incredibilly slow speed of the lrm.....and the STUPID mickey mouse notification that enables any mech to hide in cover before the lrm's actually hit....and the totally WORTHLESS indirect fire modeling that makes these totally worthless in their prime battletech role....and on and on and on...

Well now the LRM's are the highest skill weapon in thegame....that takes up huge space in the mech...and does virtually NO SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE WHATSOEVER!!!!!

Thus now NO ONE TAKES LRM's ....and the game has devolved into long range sniping camps....and the dance of death....out in the open...and light scout mechs have become the most devistating mechs on the field...because their lag shields coupled make them invunerable to missile hits when they are running at 150 mph.

So your touted hot fix...devolves into yet another crisis....in which you have fundamentally changed the game balance into yet another Gears of War....with mech rather than human skins on the units... Ie direct fire...and BORING

You might want to think and PLAYTEST these things before you dump yet another stillborn child....upon our laps...

You guys overreacted....and the beta of MWO is the poorer for it...

#633 Target Rich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:40 AM

jes gets better and better....now since black tuesday...i get a random error in about 1 out of every 10 matches where I play a missile boat....

The targeting reticle is there...but missile lock does not work...nada....its like I do not have any missiles at all...

Total broken...waste of time....

Ah well obviously the development team wants this to be gears of war with mech skins...

NO MORE MISSILE GAME for me....its officially dead in the water....

#634 Sheraf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

When will we have this temporary fix end?

Edited by Sheraf, 12 April 2013 - 07:55 AM.

#635 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

Someone on twitch told me that a developer said May. Due to the search function being completely inoperable right now I can't find nor confirm this on the forums.

#636 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

Bryan confirmed May on the latest NGNG Podcast.

#637 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:40 AM

Well here's what I've thought 'bout future.

Splash damage limit 1m. Nowadays 1.8m still reflects through some mechs, and tend to expode hitted areas opposite armor.
Aka missiles hit to front, damage is reflected to back and rear armor wears off.

SRM damage 2.0 (this low 'cause of Splatcats)
A-SRM damage 1.8 (guidance system eats warhead)
SSRM damage 1.8
LRM damage 1.5
A-LRM damage 1.4 (guidance system eats warhead)

#638 ICEFANG13

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:15 AM

View PostVXJaeger, on 13 April 2013 - 02:40 AM, said:

Well here's what I've thought 'bout future.

Splash damage limit 1m. Nowadays 1.8m still reflects through some mechs, and tend to expode hitted areas opposite armor.
Aka missiles hit to front, damage is reflected to back and rear armor wears off.

SRM damage 2.0 (this low 'cause of Splatcats)
A-SRM damage 1.8 (guidance system eats warhead)
SSRM damage 1.8
LRM damage 1.5
A-LRM damage 1.4 (guidance system eats warhead)

Other than the fact that ECM counters SSRM almost 100% (a great gameplay design, who doesn't like not being able to fire?), this change would make SSRMs 100% better than SRMs, almost all mechs need to have ASRMs to be effective, and SSRMs are just a better version in every way.

I mean when SSRM-4 and 6 are here, in the current system, and the suggested one, we wouldn't see any SRMs or ASRMs anymore.

#639 MN03

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:21 AM

Wow, so no LRM damage adjustment this April? Are monkeys making this game? They are so freaking slow adjusting damage numbers. Just change the damage from 0.7 to a more acceptable 1.0 (+splash) and then revamp it in May if you want to.

#640 cyberFluke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

View PostDavers, on 11 April 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

The simple fact is that carrying one LRM launcher, of any size, is pointless now. Even 2 LRM15s with Artemis feels very weak. You need at least 3 LRM15s to feel like you have any punch. So it's either devote most of your mech to one weapon system, or just not use any. Which means every stock mech that has LRMs is a bad choice. Maybe I should strip the LRMs off my Catapult and just use PPCs or LLs like every one is carrying. Really not any point in equipping Artemis anymore. Why expose yourself to two alpha strikes of 4+ PPCs just to hit once for 21 damage spread all over your opponent. With the current state of LRMs we have taken a big step backwards in play style so that the ONLY way to use LRMs is to fire from behind a hill, out of sight, with massive volleys.

Frankly, your wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. LRMs are a *little* underpowered right now, but I use them to great effectiveness to chisel away armour while someone is closing the gap or playing poppaprick behind a ridge. Some of my highest damage rounds lately have been in an AWS-8V with ERPPCs, LLs and an artemis equipped LRM20 rack.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users