So When Ramming Is Back In The Game Will The Dragon Retain Its Bonus To It?

63 replies to this topic

#61 Galenit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

If they the take high of the mechs into account and force, this will not happen again.
To trip a heavier mech you need serious force, taking a lot of damage and doing it to the victim.

Think about a raven ramming an atlas, the raven gets damage on center and sidetorsos, the atlas on his feet and meybe his centertorso.
Damage is as example 40 (total fiction, no math done!).
What will happen?
Both mechs go down, raven is near dead, atlas has yellow legs.

I will need a long to time to balance trippingforce/resist, highs and damagemodifier for energy for damagecalculation.

Edited by Galenit, 28 March 2013 - 06:32 AM.

#62 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:31 AM

Well its probably a bit much to think it should be able to trip up an Atlas, but perhaps up to an Awesome or even a Stalker. I'd imagine a Stalker should be especially easy to trip over since it has no arms to flail about in an attempt to stay upright.

This actually makes me wonder if perhaps the quirks will extend to a mech's ability to make others fall, or more likely to fall based on balancing and some pseudo realism.

#63 Galenit

• 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:35 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 28 March 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

Well its probably a bit much to think it should be able to trip up an Atlas, but perhaps up to an Awesome or even a Stalker. I'd imagine a Stalker should be especially easy to trip over since it has no arms to flail about in an attempt to stay upright.

This actually makes me wonder if perhaps the quirks will extend to a mech's ability to make others fall, or more likely to fall based on balancing and some pseudo realism.

This will need to take the "mass center" (hope its the right word for "Schwerpunkt"?) into the calculation for tripping resist.
Arms maybe give some trippingresist and bonus for recovery?

Edited by Galenit, 28 March 2013 - 06:37 AM.

#64 Voidsinger

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,340 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:38 AM

I would like Gyro Mass versus Mech mass to be taken into account, since this is the primary balancing system on a mech.

While lights would take a greater percentage of their mech as damage in a collision, that high gyro mass compared to mech mass should help them stay on their feet or recover faster.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users