232 replies to this topic

#101 Escobar

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAdana, Turkey

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:58 AM

Hmmm, maybe I should have read this thread a month ago.

https://hanger.reloadedsoftware.com

Same general idea, to proxy the stat collection from MWO. The Hanger though keeps your stats over time which is starting to allow for some pretty cool comparisons.

The main draw though is the ability to compare your own stats to everyone else (groupings/teams/frenemies to be release soon).

Same security concerns apply to The Hanger as to your app. Just no way around it unless PGI wants to allow public stats.

Anyway, not looking to hijack your own thread, just a point of conversation really.

#102 jlx

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

Interesting site Escobar, tho I think the name you are going for is "Hangar". Might be too late to change that now... Anyways, looking forward to more statistics and users!

Loving the Mechcollect program too, keep it up.

#103 Escobar

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAdana, Turkey

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:14 PM

Look at me thinking I know english. Thanks for the correction. Updated. When a new SSL cert is issued ill update the domain as well.

#104 Horks

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:27 AM

I've been doing this by copypasta excel spreadsheets for sometime now, why didn't I find your app sooner!? I can't say enough about how great this app is. I have one feature request. There are a lot of buttons on the graphs, can we get a button to toggle all the graphs buttons with one click? Grows frustrating to click off 50+ mechs, just so I can compare stats of two.

Thanks again for great application

P.S. I heard about your app from sirio on war room episode 10. He briefly mentioned your app when talking about testing srms. When I went to search for it, googling "mech collect" gave me many unrelated hits.

#105 Shekky Thermopylae

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 19 posts
  • LocationTorrance, CA

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

I just started using this today and I love the app. However, I've run into a bug. Don't know if anyone's reported this or not, but when I switch back and forth between mechs, like when I die and just drop into another mech to play while the first match proceeds, the app gets mixed up on which mech to apply the stats to.

Posted Image

Maybe I should just be happy that my Jenner can now shoot AC/5s. B)

#106 Vercinaigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 325 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:37 PM

View PostShekky Thermopylae, on 23 December 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

I just started using this today and I love the app. However, I've run into a bug. Don't know if anyone's reported this or not, but when I switch back and forth between mechs, like when I die and just drop into another mech to play while the first match proceeds, the app gets mixed up on which mech to apply the stats to.

Posted Image

Maybe I should just be happy that my Jenner can now shoot AC/5s. :(

Have noticed something similar myself.

#107 Horks

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:52 PM

View PostShekky Thermopylae, on 23 December 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

Maybe I should just be happy that my Jenner can now shoot AC/5s. :(

View PostSjurWarEagle, on 18 September 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

It's no bug, it's an unnice feature.
I cannot do anything else, because there isn't enough data.
This will happen every now and then.

Some graphs have the calculation of the average (divided by the number of games) in them to prevent too high values.

This quote is from the top of page 5, responding to jman5 reporting a similar issue after not running mech collect for a few days. I just wait for matches to end. Gives me time to think about why I died.

Edited by Horks, 23 December 2013 - 09:53 PM.

#108 Shekky Thermopylae

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 19 posts
  • LocationTorrance, CA

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:50 AM

Ah, I saw that, but thought it was a different problem. Yeah, I guess if I want to collect data, I should just stick around. Thanx for the correction.

#109 AJ Frost

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:19 AM

Yeah well, I think it's been discussed in this thread already. There's no reason to take WarEagles or my word at face value. Still I just want to stress again in reply, that it's not beeing used for anything but collecting the stats from the profile. The only transfer of data is with the MWO homepage and that's it =/

But beig very security concerned myself, I understand the reservations and the need to again make a point of it.

On a note regarding the program itself:
It's been improved over the last few days (chatting up WarEagle in a game helped, you know who you are :rolleyes: ). So expect an update in a few days. It will adress the problem of joined stats as far as possible and then something where WarEagle is not quite sure yet if it'll work. Stay tuned!

Edited by AJ Frost, 21 January 2014 - 10:20 AM.

#110 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:41 AM

View PostDestined, on 20 January 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

Hello everyone!

This looks pretty cool, great idea.

That being said, we don't recommend giving or using your log in details for anything other than our website/game client, nor do we recommend sharing your account information. That's the best way to win a compromised account!

Just a little PSA. Use this or anything else at your own discretion... thar be dragons!

Destined
Community Representative

Eve-like API key... hint hint... nudge nudge...

#111 _Nevyn_

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 61 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:58 AM

As I saw the screenshot I have a question: Why is everybody using the horrible Metal Look&Feel? Add one line (+exception handling) to your program and it looks much nicer:

UIManager.setLookAndFeel(UIManager.getSystemLookAndFeelClassName());

Or try JavaFX and you also don't need any extra library for the charts. And you can skin the complete UI with CSS.

Edited by RillerK1ller, 21 January 2014 - 10:59 AM.

#112 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:06 AM

Hello Riller,

thanks for the pointing to the uimanager, it's currently not used, because I dislike the implementation of the windows-ui in java more than metal. Overall it's a question of the own taste I guess.
JavaFX isn't used, simply because I don't feel confident with it at the moment. There are several new concepts (great ones!) where I have to gather new experience.
Please keep on improving the community.

@Destined:
Thanks for pointing out this, my oppinion is the same as yours, but this won't stop me from using my tool :D
btw. If there shall be dragons, please put one into my mechbay :ph34r:

Edited by SjurWarEagle, 23 January 2014 - 02:08 AM.

#113 _Nevyn_

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 61 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:06 AM

If you don't like the Windows L&F you have several alternatives. Nimbus comes with Java since Version 1.6. The L&Fs from JGoodies are quite nice: http://www.jgoodies....ibraries/looks/ and support different color themes. You can download or webstart the "Looks Demo" here: http://www.jgoodies....ownloads/demos/. Or have a look at Synthetica.

IMHO Metal is the reason that Java is often assiociated with ugly programs.

#114 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:21 AM

Hello pilots,

today I would like to give you a new version of mechcollect. It has been some time since the last version, sorry for this.
This release contains the following new features:
  • Ability to copy battlelog-entries to TXT, HTML or BBCode-Format
  • Autoclick on ready-button
  • Take a screenshot after the fight
  • New graph "Fired Shots per Weapon"
  • New format of messages in log and console
  • Internal code cleanup
  • Improved speed of generating the graphs
  • Division of mechs and their achievements if the data wasn't fetched over several matches
  • Several internal fixes
Before I'm describing the details and some restrictions, I'd like to thank JMan5 for his time doing tests and AJ Frost for his support implementing the features and bugfixes.
It's fun working together.

Ok now some details.

How does mechcollect detect when to click the button or to take a screenshot?
First the program catches the window of mwo, so it gets the actual position and size of it.
In this window mechcollect checks specific points for a specific color, if it finds this, it thinks to have found the correct mode of mwo.
Think about this like some kind of fingerprint for different screens.
Then looking at the ready-screen you'll notice the red and blue flag always being at the same position, so if you can find these two, you can be quite sure to have a ready-screen in front of you.
All points are configured in the config.properties:
# The points to look for, in order to determin, of end of match has occurred, based on 1980x1080
endOfMatchWinPoints=385,562,11206656;372,214,7584;380,75,15116032;
endOfMatchLostPoints=385,562,7584;372,214,11206656;380,75,15116032;

# Points of the ready.button to click on before launch of match, based on 1980x1080
readyButtonPoints=1177,116,-5636096;117,117,-16769894;1700,60,27486;

There is no voodoo done.

I don't want to have the program take screenshots or click on buttons for me!
No problem, go into your config.properties and set one of theses values to "false"
useClickReady=true
useEndOfMatchScreenshot=true

and you are done

Where to find the taken screenshots?
All screenshots are stored locally in the database, technically this is the file mechcollectdb.lobs.
When opening this file with a text editor you will only see garbage, this is because the databasefile stores binary data.
In order to view the image, you will have to go into the battlelog and click on the right icon in the line of the fight you did.
You also can adjust the size of the image mechcollect takes, but make sure to look into the screens if they are readable :P
screenshotWidth=1280
screenshotHeight=1024

Posted Image
Posted Image

What to I have to do if running an older version and want to update?
Make a backup of your directory (yes, always do so), then download the new version (see link below) and copy your db-folder into this new setup.
After this, change your login-data and you should be ready to go.

Any known bugs or unexpected behavior?
  • If mechcollect takes a screenshot, it takes the upper most viewable image, so if you have a window above mwo, this window will be in the screenshot.

Please be aware of this, the negative effect may be, mechcollect to capture personal data you didn't want in a screenshot.
    The screenshots aren't send anywhere, you can delete screenshot by the build-in imageviewer accessable by battlelog.
  • the clicking and taking of screenshot only works in "full window" and "window" mode, not in fullscreen. At the moment I don't know a workaround for this.
  • when taking an image of the 2. page of the end-of-match-screen the earnings may be wrong. the reason for this: when entering the page, the earnings start to count upwards, I'm waiting some seconds but in good games, the number then hasn't reached the target value. You might see something like 340.000 as "big number" but in the calculation it's 280.000
Posted Image

What is the graph "Fired Shots per Weapon" about?
The idea behind this graph is to get a feeling if you have too much or too few ammunition for your weapon. E.g. if you have 50 shots of ammunition but normally only use 20 of them, you should think about changing some of it to things like heatsinks or armor. But on the other side, if you have 50 shots and are always firing 45-50 you should think about increasing the ammunition in order to do more damage.

Where is the download?
Here: http://sourceforge.n...05.zip/download

#115 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

woo! Hey thanks for all this. I have unfortunately experienced a new bug that is more PGI's fault than anyone.

Posted Image

For whatever reason PGI double counts Grid Iron and Grid Iron limited Edition on your mech stat page. Now It's double counting on mech collect.

Posted Image

#116 Noober

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:42 PM

Excellent work, thanks for the update

#117 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:10 AM

Hi Jman5,

thanks for the report, I'm a little bit unsure what to do about this.
First of all, I'm correct when I assume the data on the homepage is the same for both mechs?
PGI tends to do so for every mech they introduce as special variant (champion and so on), sometimes even for heromechs. Sometimes they fix this some patches after the introduction, sometimes not.
I don't know who is responsible for the database work on their side...
But enough of problem-talking.

Two ideas:
a )
I could enter a new config.properties-entry where you can enter a list of mechs to be ignored during import, this would look like this:
mechsToIgnoreForImport=GIRD IRON LIMITED EDITION, ATLAS XYZ (C)

The comma-seperated list would contain the name of the mech from the homepage.
Mechcollect then wouldn't see any data of the mixed up mech and would work fine.
But: this would be some kind of workaround for a messed up website.

b )
PGI fixes the database, this only happens, if you talk with them about the problem and they fix it for the website (until the next mech is released...)

Maybe both? the a) for hotfixing the import and b ) for the long run?

Edited by SjurWarEagle, 27 January 2014 - 01:10 AM.

#118 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

I created a thread about it in the website subforum. However, I think a dual-approach would be best for future problems.

#119 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:22 AM

Ok, I'll add something into the next version, I hope to release the next one at tuesday after the UI 2.0-patch, otherwise the detection of a beginning fight will not work because UI 2.0 is in fullscreen and... well the current mechanic in mechcollect needs some work.
I hope to include something for your problem, too.

#120 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:10 PM

I bugged PGI about that Grid Iron problem, so expect a resolution at some point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users