#141 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:30 AM

Ok here you go

Release 1.5.2

New:
* percentage display of damage done in match
* added "other damage" if present, this contains things like ramming damage, air strikes and so on
* changed order of columns in battlelog for better readability
* added script for taking screenshots with all checkpoints

How to use the screenshot-script:
In the scripts directory simply start the take_screenshots.cmd script.
This script will take 5 screenshots in the following order:
1. MenuModePoints (used to trigger the update after a battle was found)
2. MatchModePoints (used to detect a coming battle)
3. EndOfMatchLostPoints (triggers the screenshotting)
4. EndOfMatchWinPoints (triggers the screenshotting)
5. ReadyButtonPoints (used for clicking the ready-button)

On every screenshot you will find small rectangles with red or green border.
The inner color of the rectangle is the color mechcollect is looking for.

My guess is, the loadingscreen of the battle (the one you see the image of the oncoming map in the background) hasn't a match.

Please, if you have the time, run this script during the following situations:
1. in the main menu (independend where you are there)
2. during the loading screen
3. during the ready-screen
4. after the match when you lost or won

All images can be found in your %TEMP%-directory, most times something like
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\ but the take_screenshots.cmd will tell you where it put the images.

*edit*
ups, forgot the downloadlink:
http://sourceforge.n...12.zip/download

this is, what these rectangles look like:
http://imageshack.co...3/6185/anvn.jpg
http://imageshack.co...1/1636/c29c.jpg

Edited by SjurWarEagle, 11 February 2014 - 08:35 AM.

#142 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

Does this require login information these days?

#143 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

Mechcollect needs the logindata, yes.
A diskussion with analyses, arguments, technical information is in this thread.

#144 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

Hey Sjur, the % damage numbers of "other" is consistently too high.

Posted Image

That adds up to 106%

#145 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:57 PM

Well.... you are simply good?
Sorry, must be lack of testing, I was too focused on providing the debug-tools.
I'll fake some data and look into this tomorrow.

#146 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:48 PM

Edit - Realized I've been running an old version. Will re-test and see if the same error occurs.

Incidentally SjurWarEagle, there are 2 links to sourceforge in the OP. The one somewhere in the middle of the post is a link to an older version while the link at the end is to the latest version. You might want to edit that.

Thanks for sharing this tool. I'm especially liking the Fun Facts window particularly the session & all time stats.

----
Not sure if anyone else has encountered an apparent conflict with the TS3 Overlay and MechCollect which cause a Java error. Tried starting MechCollect while in a group prior to match start of round. Application crashed after a notification of some sort of Java error popped up. Tried this twice with same result.

I will try to get a ss of the error message the next tiem this crops ups.

Edited by p4r4g0n, 13 February 2014 - 08:13 PM.

#147 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:56 PM

Thanks, I've removed the 2. link.

#148 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:15 PM

OK, retested with the latest version of MechCollect and can confirm the following:-
  • Running TS3 overlay will crash MechCollect due to some kind of Java conflict. Do you want the error log and should I post it here or mail it to you?
  • The left top panel which summarizes the last round results frequently shows a win as a loss but has never shown a loss as a win
  • In your last release notes you asked us to run the screenshot script during certain points in the game. Do you want the screen shots or was that just for our info.
  • MechCollect reports that it has Detected main client as been started. Not sure if this is supposed to refer to MechCollect or MWO. If it is supposed to be MWO then this is a bug as this message occurs even when MWO is not running.

Regrettably I can't get MechCollect to run automatically as my screen resolution is limited but even with just manually refreshing it, it is a great tool.

Edited by p4r4g0n, 14 February 2014 - 09:19 PM.

#149 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:14 AM

Hi p4r4gon,

thanks for the detailled bugreport!

View Postp4r4g0n, on 14 February 2014 - 09:15 PM, said:

OK, retested with the latest version of MechCollect and can confirm the following:-
Running TS3 overlay will crash MechCollect due to some kind of Java conflict. Do you want the error log and should I post it here or mail it to you?

I cannot drop you my email by private message, so please sen it to me by pm or post it here.

The left top panel which summarizes the last round results frequently shows a win as a loss but has never shown a loss as a win

Noticed this after the release, too. It will be fixed in the next version, please ignore this for now. The battlelog states the correct result of the match.

In your last release notes you asked us to run the screenshot script during certain points in the game. Do you want the screen shots or was that just for our info.

The tool is for hunting down a strange problem where the battle-detection isn't working correct. Some details are in my post above (11 February 2014 - 06:30 PM).
No need to use it if everything is detected fine.

MechCollect reports that it has Detected main client as been started. Not sure if this is supposed to refer to MechCollect or MWO. If it is supposed to be MWO then this is a bug as this message occurs even when MWO is not running.

At the moment this is the default starting-message, but because there is quite a bit confusion, I'll change it in the next version.

Regrettably I can't get MechCollect to run automatically as my screen resolution is limited but even with just manually refreshing it, it is a great tool.

Hmm strange, but... this is a case of what I wrote about above, you could use the screenshotting tool and check which screens aren't detected. It should run on "any" resolution.

Edited by SjurWarEagle, 15 February 2014 - 01:15 AM.

#150 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:59 PM

One thing that might be helpful would be showing damage averages for mechs. We see individual damage values per game, but it's hard to make heads or tails of whether you're improving your damage numbers or not. I would like to see something like the kill/death per mech average chart.

Edited by Jman5, 16 February 2014 - 07:00 PM.

#151 Itsalrightwithme

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 391 posts
  • LocationCambridge, MA, USA

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:50 AM

View PostJman5, on 16 February 2014 - 06:59 PM, said:

One thing that might be helpful would be showing damage averages for mechs. We see individual damage values per game, but it's hard to make heads or tails of whether you're improving your damage numbers or not. I would like to see something like the kill/death per mech average chart.

Wow, of all people, YOU are asking for this? :^D

Don't your stats have only one line, for the GRID IRON? Oh ... maybe TWO lines, one for the GI and the other for the HBK-4G, since the GI is new.

Edited by Itsalrightwithme, 17 February 2014 - 06:50 AM.

#152 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

View PostItsalrightwithme, on 17 February 2014 - 06:50 AM, said:

Wow, of all people, YOU are asking for this? :^D

Don't your stats have only one line, for the GRID IRON? Oh ... maybe TWO lines, one for the GI and the other for the HBK-4G, since the GI is new.

Haha. What I mean is a statistic that tracks an individual mech's average damage over time. It seems like the data is there, it just needs to be averaged.

#153 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

Is noted and will be added.

#154 Shekky Thermopylae

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 19 posts
  • LocationTorrance, CA

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:06 PM

So, I just switched my resolution to 1900x1080 and pictures started to work, although the automatic update stuff didn't seem to work, so I still had to hit the Raven after the match. My monitor is not very good at that resolution, so I've switched it back to x1200.

Anyhow, I have the screenshots taken by the script. Do you want them sent to you, posted here, or dropped somewhere?

#155 Blalok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, Wisconsin

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

The 'other' %-Total appears to be calculating: (other damage) / (damage by weapons) instead of (other damage) / (total damage).

Hopefully that helps speed up your troubleshooting.

(edit - looks like it's dividing by sum of weapon damage, not just first weapon)

Edited by Blalok, 18 February 2014 - 09:49 PM.

#156 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:02 PM

Hey blalok,
you are correct, i fixed this already. Maybe I should make a release today so all of you can use these bugfixes...

#157 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:14 AM

OK, tested the screenshot script at several different resolutions and after reviewing the screenshots, it is pretty obvious that it is unable to find the right spots.

For the record I tried it at my max resolution of 1366X768, 1280X768 and 1024X768 and none of the boxes could be matched. Closest was at 1366X768 so I'm thinking that your lower limit is a resolution slightly higher than this.

Just out of curiousity, might it be easier to just let us enter our screen resolution in the config file?

Edited by p4r4g0n, 19 February 2014 - 06:56 AM.

#158 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:17 AM

Hi,

and there the new version if mechcollect arrives.

There are some changes to this version, it might be necessary to update your Java Runtime, the minimal version is 7u45 but I recommend to update to the latest (7u51 at the moment). Reason for this dependency is the new experimental function to generate some kind of infographic based in the data mechcollect has. The generation is done by javafx and there are some changes in the runtime added with 7u45 which I’m using.

I did this graphic, because I like infographics :wacko: Most of you will say “bah this looks ugly” and I think so, too. But I’m programmer, no graphical expert, so if you have ideas for improvement or want something to be added, well you know: tell me.

Apart from this, the following has changed with this version:

IMPORTANT: If you get Java-Messages, please update your Java, you will need at least Java 7u37 for this.
New:
* Removed TAG from Battlelog, this data did nothing usefull, the data still is available in other screens
* Experimental: Generation if infographic from your data
Bugfixes:
* Fixed wrong calculation of "other" damage where the total could be > 100%.
  It is still possible to have 99% (33,3%+33,3%+33,3% will be displayed as 33%+33%+33%)
* Fixed the bug where the left screen always said the last game was lost
* Fixed a bug where in Fun&Facts the data of all mechs was wrong
* changed fired-shot graph, so it takes the average value if at one point there are more than one data-entries
  (e.g. if mechcollect did not run)

Oh, and this is, what the infographic looks like at the moment:
Posted Image
Still work in progress!

The new version can be found at:

http://sourceforge.n...55.zip/download

@p4r4g0n:
I will adress your point in the very near future (maybe tomorrow). I will add a switch to the config to switch off the convertion to the current resolution, you then will be able to alter all coodinates manually.
It's not included in this release because I didn't want to hack it in without tests, just hold on one more day please.

Greetings

Your WarEagle

Edited by SjurWarEagle, 19 February 2014 - 09:44 AM.

#159 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:12 PM

Wow, wish PGI were this quick to respond :wacko:

Don't rush on my account. Even doing manual updates I already find the tool pretty useful as a gauge for how I'm doing during each play session.

#160 Caballo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 416 posts
  • Location"Mechs are mobile war machines. You're either moving, or you're dead"

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:09 PM

I'm having a problem with the app. I start the app, start the MWO, but it dows not grab any data.

I'm running a wide resolution (3840X1024), and i think it may be the cause.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users