#61 xhrit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 976 posts
  • LocationClan Occupation Zone

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

View PostAdridos, on 29 March 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

First part of the community warfare: allows you to join a faction?

Why even bother when actual involvement of teh faction is in the second part?

Presumably because they will be testing faction rank / rewards.

So you will be able to join a faction, in game, and rank up in your faction, and get your faction specific pain / skins / mechs.

#62 tuokaerf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

I posted some more about this here.

#63 Rina Fujimoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSF

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

I was so happy that Bryan finally answered my question on his twitter.
They were hyping it up so much at PAX, and on Twitter, if you only browse the MWO forums you wouldn't know.
And then he tells me, oh, the NDA will be lifted at 8AM tomorrow!

And then the super exciting news that would give us hope for the future of MWO (Russ's words to a guy who asked him about if he should be optimistic for MWO or just quit now), turns out to be...nothing we already didn't know.

Why did this need to be NDA'd?

Bleh...I was already taking a break from playing MWO, but, I think I'm done, at least until they get their **** together.

#64 tuokaerf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

View PostVulkan, on 29 March 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

To be honest the excuse that they're a small developer only stretches so far, anyone who's familiar with Mount & Blade would know how much work even a small dev team (that is, husband and wife) can accomplish in a year with very limited funding, and that's using their OWN engine.

I for one am disappointed with the pace, and direction, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Coming from closed beta, not a whole lot has changed. More mechs, a couple maps. Big whoop. It's CW that will make or break the game, and we need more objective-based game modes with DEPTH.

Isn't that a single player game? From the Wiki entry on it beta versions were released in 2004 and full retail was 2008, so how is that any better?

#65 Shumabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 29 March 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

This

Except when it looked 10 times better last year. With dx11.

Edited by Shumabot, 29 March 2013 - 10:09 AM.

#66 Mr 144

• 1,777 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

The last 3 phase system (matchmaker) took over 6 months to go from 1 to 3, and is still being 'tweaked'...just saying ;) . It will be a year before we have anything close to working community warfare.

Mr 144

#67 Vulkan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

View Posttuokaerf, on 29 March 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

Isn't that a single player game? From the Wiki entry on it beta versions were released in 2004 and full retail was 2008, so how is that any better?

They later developed an expansion with multiplayer, and during the developement process they were always trying new things, implementing features and expanding upon the game so it never felt stale. In short, when the game was in beta it felt like beta, and it was progressive.

MWO developement so far is progressing at a snails pace with a larger team. We're not even in a true beta, as we aren't testing anything until it's been "tested" internally and released partially broken anyway. The whole point of beta testing is to find out what's broken EARLY so the devs can fix it, and to test NEW features.

#68 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

View PostTeam Leader, on 29 March 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

It makes me sad that MW is being handled by such a small studio ;) they just don't have the man lower to make changes at the pace it needs. While the small community is nice, its also sort of the biggest hindrance to development (dev community)

PGI is doubling up on some staff positions; see my second entry from the top: http://southpolemechlab.blogspot.com/. They were accepting resumes at GDC and apparently received hundreds. They are gearing up.

#69 Kazly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

(deleted)

Edited by Kazly, 29 March 2013 - 10:29 AM.

#70 Bubba Wilkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

View PostShumabot, on 29 March 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

Except when it looked 10 times better last year. With dx11.

I could be wrong about this, but I don't believe they ever enabled DX11. The were going to with the Cry-Engine update, but it proved to make things too unstable and they subsequently disabled it in the update.

Secondly, you weren't even around back then Mr. "Member Since January 11th, 2013".

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!

#71 Texas Merc

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

shumabot is a [redacted] and is horrible don't listen to her.

#72 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

View PostTexas Merc, on 29 March 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

shumabot is a [redacted] and is horrible don't listen to her.

A. Why does everyone keep calling me a her?

B. It's not my fault you guys are sycophants who can't think critically.

#73 Texas Merc

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

I can think critically without being over critical and impatient. Its called being an adult.

#74 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

View PostBubba Wilkins, on 29 March 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

I could be wrong about this, but I don't believe they ever enabled DX11. The were going to with the Cry-Engine update, but it proved to make things too unstable and they subsequently disabled it in the update.

Secondly, you weren't even around back then Mr. "Member Since January 11th, 2013".

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!

I don't need to have been around back then. This game looks bad for the resources it uses. This game is harder to run than crysis 3 and looks terrible by comparison. The direct x versioning is a very strong reason why (as is the fact that they don't seem to understand how to make map content or handle shaders). If it doesn't bother you that this game is going to continue to run like a yugo with its muffler missing in six months than that's your problem. I have actual standards.

#75 Texas Merc

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

oh and I apologize Shuma

#76 Kill Dozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 343 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

According to Piranha president Russ Bullock, the maximum size of matches will increase from the two-lance 8v8 to three-lance 12v12, with a planned rollout in 60-90 days. In addition, coming in June or July, UI 2.0 will be released, making it less cumbersome for newer players.

Without some serious match making improvements in relation to how teams are formed and balanced the above quote means nothing. 100 pounds of suck is the same as 10 pounds of suck, you just have more of it.

We need some sort of lobby/match options if this thing is going to improve, chassis or tonnage matching, number of players and who those players are etc.

I'm past getting excited at this point, I just keep telling myself "surely they wont mess this up" and hoping for the best.

#77 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

View PostTexas Merc, on 29 March 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

I can think critically without being over critical and impatient. Its called being an adult.

Impatient? They are using a four year old standard, soon to be five. There will be a new direct x standard before they hit 11. This game runs badly, is missing particle physics, has no destructible environments or soft body masses to speak of, etc etc. This game is going to look like something that should be on a tablet soon.

It's not impatience to note that they have abandoned moving to a graphic standard they should have started with and which is an industry standard. You're acting like a beaten housewife, they just cancelled or delayed half of the things they promised you and you're defending them. What is adult about that?

Edited by Shumabot, 29 March 2013 - 10:55 AM.

#78 TheMadPoet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

View PostAsakara, on 29 March 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

Double Dream Hands!

I think the devil spoke to me while I watched that...

Edited by TheMadPoet, 29 March 2013 - 10:55 AM.

#79 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

View PostS3dition, on 29 March 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

Uh, you know DX9 is more stable and performs better than DX11, right? There are still a lot of games being created with DX9 and do perfectly fine.

You're thinking DX10... DX10 was crap, DX11 is perfectly stable and brings plenty of new technology to the table that help's increase graphical fidelity for little to no impact [and sometimes less impact] on hardware that supports it.

#80 Texas Merc

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

ehh no I just don't get mad about robots

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users