Performance & Connectivity Feedback

363 replies to this topic

#141 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

This patch has made my framerate horribly bad. It is unplayably slow and jittery most of the time. I'll note that I've been playing the HM the entire time, and the lagginess seems to be worse the more of them are on a server. Who knows.

Any announcements on incoming fixes to this would be great.

#142 Eviscerador

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

Same than all others, lag, texture fails, Hud fails, CTDs (like 1 every 3 games)

Funny thing is that now mech textures load fine, while before this patch all mechs were blank for me.

#143 10 Ring

• Pip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

Intel Core2 Quad 2.5GHz
8g Ram
Vista Ultimate sp2 64 bit.
Nvidia GT 610 314.22 dirvers
DirectX v 11
MWO setting all low

My ping is 30-40 and that has not changed after the patch.

My pre-patch FPS was around 17-25. Borderline but playable. After the patch I am at 8-9. Not playable in any way.

#144 gaSyeraSS

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

High Ping? Low Frames? Tell us about it here!
  • FPS-Drops in some situations, CTDs
  • Tourmaline, Alpine Peaks in some certain situations
  • no I did not change any settings, 1920x1200, every Detail on max.
  • Average FPS: 60
  • System specs: Core i7 4,05Ghz (Bloomfield); 12GB RAM; GTX680-4GB, NV 314.22; Win7Pro 64bit
  • 50Mbit down / 1Mbit up / Germany

Edited by gaSyeraSS, 03 April 2013 - 03:16 PM.

#145 Madkp

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

Horrible performance this patch. Texture flickering. FPS is 50% of what it was previously.

#146 Lefty Lucy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationFree Tikonov Republic

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

Sharp performance drop. Was getting a solid 20-30 (up to 40s on Alpine) pre-patch. Post patch down to 10-20.

It seems like my custom .cfg file does not function any more.

sys specs:

Intel i5
HD4000 graphics
16 gigs RAM
Windows 7 64 bit

#147 babboa

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

How had the patch generally affected your performance?
Big drop in fps and general playability. rubber banding, glitching/teleporting (can't hit moving mechs because they teleport/glitch)

Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.
Nope, other than random attacks of the kaliedescope (sp?) bug

What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
no change, lowest settings

Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
pre-patch?: estimate 25-30 (very playable), Post-patch: 11-12 (8-10 on caustic)

System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler])
don't laugh, it worked til this patch: dell e6410 laptop, i5 540, nvidia 3100m gpu, 8g ram.
Updated the drivers and reinstalled. If anything it made things worse.

Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location
15mbps, Louisiana (ping doesn't look like an issue, it is under 100 and usually under 75)

Edited by babboa, 03 April 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#148 GorgoHammer

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

High Ping? Low Frames? Tell us about it here!

Please attempt to respond to the following questions in your responses:
  • How had the patch generally affected your performance?
Lower my Frames Per Second about 50%, from 25 to 13 during match.
  • Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.
My FPS is 60 on the mechlab and PilotLab, but one the match loads the FPS which use to be 25-30 is now 15-20 regardless of vision mode.
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
Currently set on Medium graphics effects and 1024 X 768.
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
To repeat, My FPS is 60 on the mechlab and PilotLab, but one the match loads the FPS which use to be 25-30 is now 15-20 regardless of vision mode.
  • System specs
Spoiler
  • Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location
Broadband cable with 10mb/1mb download/upload rates. Tampa, Florida.

Edited by GorgoHammer, 03 April 2013 - 04:01 PM.

#149 Dunark

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

Like the others, frame rate drops enough to make the game unplayable. Also tried the test map and got Alpine - my mouse sensitivity (set in the user config file) seems coarser than before. I'll come back AFTER another update or hotfix, because right now playing the game is like watching an old, stop-action movie running at half speed.

#150 Iscarius

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

First crash-to-desktop ever in this game after patching, then updating to the newest Nvidia driver to avoid kaleidoscope mode. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

#151 BigBangA1

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

This most recent patch has caused me to have a large drop in my FPS. Generally I have noticed a 50% drop across all maps. River City used to be around 20fps before this patch, but now I am averaging 10fps. On the larger maps, such as Alpine, the drop in performance is much more noticeable. I used to get 30 fps on those maps, but now my average has dropped to 12 fps. This has basically made the game unplayable.

I have all of my setting set to minimum, and I am using the lowest possible resolution. I also close out basically all non essential applications before I play the game. I have also updated my graphics card's drivers to the most recent available.

Here are my system specs

Spoiler

I really enjoy this game, and really want to be able to play it again soon.

#152 Iseul

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

• FPS Drops of around 5~15 depending on the map.
  • Rubber-banding that was never experienced before. I still have steady frames and ping.
  • De-sync issues. On my screen I'm running and firing at mechs, my friend who was watching me said I was firing at a wall.

#153 Dan Nashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 606 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

UPDATE:

It is much less of a problem on Alpine for me as well.
Getting 15-18 FPS (vs the normal 20 or so), which is better than the 8-12 I'm getting on all the other maps. I'm not sure if I've played Tourmaline yet. I don't know why I keep logging in. Glutten for punishment, I guess.

As I mentioned it seems like some of the graphics are crisper or more detailed than before . . . maybe the custom graphics settings are not working, and some setting is not getting turned down to "low."? Like that new draw distance thing for buildings they added?

It still feels like once in a while I pull my gauss rifle trigger and I get no sound or visual, but it may be firing.

Staring at the sky brings it back up to 23 on frozen city day. But it's 7-12 otherwise on that map.

Edited by DanNashe, 03 April 2013 - 06:03 PM.

#154 Thoal

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

Have the same issue with performance and fps drops. Since the new patch the game is verry unstable. The performance for the patch was verry good, all settings to maximum and no fps drops or lagging while playing. No i have weak fps and performance problems. When i play the game it did not run liquid like for the patch now it is stuttering while i am playing.

Nvidia 660TI Windforce OC
Intel I7 950
Gigabyte X58-UD5
6 GB Memory
Win 7 64 Bit
All drivers are up to date

#155 Derffe

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

Currently experiencing about a 10-15 drop in FPS since the patch. Doesn't really seem to improve even when lowering graphic settings. At this point its just barely playable; I've noticed it most on "cluttered maps" (Forest Colony, River City) and much less on Alpine Peaks. Installed latest Nvidia video drivers and there has been little, if any, improvement.

#156 Wesxander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 319 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

• How had the patch generally affected your performance
  • My frame rate dropped from 22 max frames usally per game to 10 to 12 FPS now.
  • Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes
  • Large melees my frame rate is dropping to 9 or when fast mechs zoom by. My only chance of hitting them now is with slashing regular lasers.
  • My settings are low end of medium , with this patch I again turned down my shadows to low with no effect on game play.
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS?
  • My average now is 12 FPs at best during combat of any kind, previous to that it was about 22 at best.
  • System specs
  • Core I3 with MSI motherboard 10 gig ram 3.1 GHz
  • Windows 7 OS 64 bit version
  • GT 430 geo force video card with 2 gig ram ( Just purchased before this patch a 650 TI boost which I am glad I did now more than ever :arrives on 4/4/2013)
  • Kingston SSD hardrive for the game and the OS using a sata 6gbs
  • Comcast 30 MPS ( they upgrading for free soon slightly faster speed) / North Central Fla

Edited by Wesxander, 03 April 2013 - 06:36 PM.

#157 Receptivex

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

• How had the patch generally affected your performance?
My FPS has been halved
  • Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.
Overall more laggy mechs stutter around now.
they are on low. No
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
11 fps down from 18-25 fps from patch before
  • System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler])System RAM: 8191 MB

CPU Name: AMD Phenom™ II X6 1045T Processor
    CPU Speeds: 2700
    Physical CPUs: 1
    Virtual CPUs: 6
    Video Card Description: AMD RADEON HD 6450
    VRAM: 512 MB
25mb cable

MI, USA

Edited by Receptivex, 03 April 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#158 Maedros

Rookie

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

Performance Issues:

Yes.

Framerates

I tried toggling v-sync to see if it would change post patch performance. I currently run the game at 1024x768. Low everything, no anti-aliasing (it results in problems if turned on).

Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
Pre-patch a solid 18 fps for game and menus
Post-patch 9-10 fps on some maps, others 13-14 fps with dips below that. 16 fps in menus.

System specs (You can include them in a
Spoiler

7mb/North America

#159 Splinters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 268 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

Really rough patch for me personally. I'm getting 25% less fps, and around 5% CTD, 10% CT Mechlab and various other issues. I've seen the command post and hope that the hotfixes will get me back into playing shape, but right now I don't finish 20% of my matches whereas before I would finish 99% of them. Here's my info

FPS drop of around 25%, from 50 fps to high 30's (35-39 fps), complete map textures missing in 5% of matches, 5% of my launches are CTD's. 10% are Crash back to Mechlab.

not clear yet, but all maps exhibit similar problems since I've dropped on them.

All are low except object detail is medium. No changes for the last 2 patches (not including 4/2/13's patch)

60 in menu's in previous and current patch. high 40's to low 50's fps in bigger maps, high 30's to mid 40's on smaller maps pre-patch. Current patch drops these to 30's-low 40's and sometimes teens to 30's in small maps.

System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler])
CPU: i7-2630QM (2GHz)
Video: GeForce 460M
RAM: 8GB
HD: 500GB 2.5 SATA Hard drive with over 300GB still available.

25Mbps down/3Mbps up/ Albuquerque, NM

-S

Edited by Splinters, 03 April 2013 - 07:06 PM.

#160 FerretGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

My frames (low in the 40s) and ping (50-60) are fine, but I'm rubber banding and teleporting like crazy. Seems to be a common problem... hopefully it gets looked at because it's annoying :ph34r: Apparently not everyone is experiencing it because one of my teammates commented on it and he hadn't been experiencing it.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users