Performance & Connectivity Feedback

363 replies to this topic

#321 OlF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

Any heads up from PGI regarding this? On twitter, Facebook or any other media they are using?

#322 nonplusultra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 241 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

Still have 10 FPS. No fix yet. ;)

#323 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,594 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:30 AM

View PostOlF, on 09 April 2013 - 11:53 PM, said:

Any heads up from PGI regarding this? On twitter, Facebook or any other media they are using?

Nowhere.Only thing from garth, in general discussion"why we do have to wait" on first page.

Edited by Mighty Spike, 10 April 2013 - 12:31 AM.

#324 Bunduki

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:14 AM

Still unplayable - was encouraged when I checked back and found a hotfix, but the sad truth is that the hotfix fixed nothing. Around 10FPS or less on the test map.

#325 Kendricke

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:02 AM

80-90 ping on average (has not changed from previous patches). Rubber banding is horrible and makes the game very difficult to play - some matches are flat out unplayable.

#326 Kazly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:08 AM

View PostKazly, on 09 April 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

I've stopped playing after this patch (the one with the new vision modes) - maybe 5-10 games total so far. I can barely target anything moving faster than a heavy.

FPS dropped from 16-20 to 8-12.

Uninstalled and reinstalled latest drivers - no change.

Uninstalled and reinstalled MWO - no change.

i5-2520
4.0 GB RAM
32 bit OS

(Yeah, it's a POS laptop, but it used to be somewhat playable)

From suggestions on the board, I made my computer screen the same resolution as the game, and my fps jumped up to 16-20 for the few games I played lastnight.

This didn't work on my son's computer, but I never removed/installed the drivers, or reinstalled the client. I'll try it tonight to see if it helps and repost.

#327 ArmageddonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 710 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:10 AM

Some of the rigs u guys are using to try play this game are woefully old and/or underpowered. Most of the time they aint even gaming rigs.
This game runs of CryEngine for crying out loud, how can u expect to be able to play it on some of the rigs ur posting.......

i just .......Posted Image

Edited by ArmageddonKnight, 10 April 2013 - 07:12 AM.

#328 Texas Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

View PostArmageddonKnight, on 10 April 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

Some of the rigs u guys are using to try play this game are woefully old and/or underpowered. Most of the time they aint even gaming rigs.
This game runs of CryEngine for crying out loud, how can u expect to be able to play it on some of the rigs ur posting.......

i just .......

Thank You for Your contribution. At one point everyone here was able to play the game, now they cannot. Move along if you have nothing else to add please.

#329 warp103

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 342 posts
  • Locationdaytona Beach fl

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:52 AM

i just .......

and some of use are using core i7 995 @ 3.60Ghz and still can not play the game. so to you and the dev that put in min specs that should get 30 fps min i say to you
Posted Image

Edited by warp103, 10 April 2013 - 07:57 AM.

#330 pesco

• 1,008 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

This has nothing to do with system specs. Only maybe in how fast the client-side bugs trigger if it is indeed a memory leak.

I play on a very capable rig doing close to 60 frames per second and, well, it took my PPCs 3-5 seconds to fire, if they did at all. I also did notice a slow but steady drip of UDP packets arriving at my system even after I'd closed the client. Again, smells like the servers buckling.

Edited by pesco, 10 April 2013 - 09:43 AM.

#331 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

• How had the patch generally affected your performance?
My FPS has been reduced by 50-70% depending on the map. Caustic, RC and SC are the worst, with alpine being the only normally functioning map. My commands are also lost at an alarmingly high rate. (Firing, changing ECM state, jumping or turning and not getting a response from the server.)
  • Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.
Most notably, my performance is worse the more commands I am sending, or the more enemies are within, I'd say, 1km.
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
All lowest, save res at 1280x720. I chanced the res to the lowest level, but had zero change in performance. I checked with an FPS monitor and ingame FPS tool.
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
4-8. Previously, 30-35
  • System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler])
Intel Dual-Core E5300 (2.60), NVidia GT220, 8GB RAM. Not enough for hard settings, but I have not previously had low FPS, except directly after the Mar 2nd patch. (And was fixed with the hotfix for the memory leak)
  • Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location
Cox cable. We have an older plan and I'm not sure what the rating is, though EVE-Online, Tribes Ascend and other games all run without packet loss or choking. Located a few hours north of LA.

---

Cant wait for a fix. I have been really looking forward to playing my HM and continue playing my SDR, but the current state of the game is unplayably bad. I basically just drop and hope for Alpine or Tourmaline, basically the only two maps that still work. :3

#332 JollyRogerCRO

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

i just .......Posted Image

mwll is also on cryengine, looks better(high settings), works better(30+fps) and is only a mod made by couple of people for free, dont post ******** please

as long as the game doesnt look better it cant have higher requriments, unoptimised ****** code cant be acceptable

Edited by JollyRogerCRO, 10 April 2013 - 11:06 AM.

#333 OlF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

i just .......

You didnt, by any chance happen to be the same person that started this thread? I am speechless .... these forums today .....

Posted Image

#334 nabechewan

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

I'm one of the luckier ones, but it might be just because I have decent hardware. Right now I'm averaging around 55-60fps. It might dip into the mid 40s when in close melee. Overall, I probably get about five fewer fps than before. I AM having more serious issues with rubber banding though. There's some input or control lag present that just wasn't there before as well. Some trouble with 'teleporting' and certain weapons (PPCs, ER PPCs, etc) often have several seconds of delay between triggering and actually firing.
As noted, close combat seems to cause a small lull.
All settings are at 'Very High', Fullscreen @ 1680x1050. My settings are still the same.
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
60 fps for both. With latest patch menus are the same, but a minor hit to gameplay. Hardly noticeable.
Intel i7 2600k @ 5Ghz

8GB DDR3 2000
Ati Radeon HD 6950 2GB
OCZ Revodrive Quad SSD Raid 0 config
150Mbps down, 75Mbps up Florida, US.

Edited by nabechewan, 10 April 2013 - 01:27 PM.

#335 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

10 games 3 crash to mechlabs and2 to desktop. I'm tired of posting my specs so I'm not going to do it for the 1000th time in the last 4 months.

Only one crashdump file in those 5 crashes.

It's Mechwarrior online sir she's gone from suck to blow!

#336 ArmageddonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 710 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

View PostOlF, on 10 April 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

You didnt, by any chance happen to be the same person that started this thread? I am speechless .... these forums today .....

I think some of you that replied to my 'face palm' are thinking i was saying that low spec computers r to blame for the 'rubberbanding'. Well no i wasnt saying that. The people complaining about poor FPS performance were the ones i was refering to.

Yes i made that thread, complaining about rubberbanding.

The rubberbanding is not caused by client side computer performance.

Apologies for any confusion.

#337 warp103

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 342 posts
  • Locationdaytona Beach fl

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

You are missing the point i have 3 comp towers. 1 is a 4core amd 9950(oc) with 4g of memory amd gpu hd7650 2tb drive 250ssd game drive, next is a Phenom II X4 965 BE 3.4GHz{oc} with 8g of memory amd gpu 8760 2tb drive 250ssd game drive. last is the i7 995 @ 3.60Ghz with 32g of mem amd radeon hd 8970{i forgot i remove the nvida{and transposted the 89 edit}} 4 2tb drives 2 250sss drive{only one for games}
the first 2 do not get over 15fps is this game, the 3rd gets 50fps.

Do not give my this low spec garbage. all are should get a min of 30 fps with the second getting about 45fps and the last 60+
So again you get aPosted Image because it not a issue anyone that has the min spec should be having. Stop blaming other machines and turn to the DEV for this issue. Oh and I upgraded my first comp from a 7450 to the 7650 and Wait for it "The same damn FPS". And not one maxs the CPU's so a video card chg should have upped the FPS
Then you have the rainbow kaleidoscope, the teleport, rubber banding, weapons fire delay should I go on......

Edited by warp103, 10 April 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#338 MrPenguin

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSudbury, Ontario

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

View PostOlF, on 09 April 2013 - 11:53 PM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...65#entry2182465
Posted on april 3rd, its really hard to miss.

#339 OlF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

View PostMrPenguin, on 10 April 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...65#entry2182465
Posted on april 3rd, its really hard to miss.

Thx, but I cant find anything in this article that deals with the rubberbanding I am (and a few others by the look of it) experiencing since the last patch/hotfix. The other bugs are not a big problem for me (luckily), I get them every now and then (not since the last patch anymore now that we speak about it, but I havent played a lot), annoying but bearable. The rubberbanding on the other hand came back from closed beta and is present in every match after the first match of the day. Tested it the last days with different graphic drivers. It didnt change.

edit: typo

Edited by OlF, 10 April 2013 - 11:57 PM.

#340 nonplusultra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 241 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:55 AM

My FPS has been reduced by 40-50% depending on the map. Caustic, RC and SC are the worst. Tourmaline is in the middle and Alpine is the best with performance nearly doubled compared to the worst ones.
Overall decreas in performance.
All lowest, res at 1280x720. Didnt change anything on my computer including video settings.
10-12. Previously: ~25
Intel Dual-Core i5 (2.23 GHz), AMD Radeon HD 5650, 4GB RAM.
DSL. Located near Hamburg / Germany.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users