Clan Wolf (USA) - Founded in 2002, openly recruiting

155 replies to this topic

#1 CW Roy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

We are a non-canonical user created division of Clan Wolf, active within the new MechWarrior Online. Our site homepage can be found at: http://lunawolves.enjin.com/ or lunawolves.org

We are currently accepting new blood. All you have to do is fill out a quick questionnaire on our website. The recruitment application can be found here: lunawolves.enjin.com/recruitment

We ask that any applying are serious about their membership, have a good sense of teamwork, and are fluent in English.

All those accepted from our application will be assigned to our Pre-Invasion Mercenary Company 'the Luna Wolves'. Post-Invasion, all will be reassigned back to our Clan Wolf's Trinary.

We do not recognize any self-imposed authoritative figures of Clan Wolf. This means another groups' Galaxy Commander will not be ordering our members on the battlefield, as we are separate non-canonical divisions.

Posted Image

We are the long standing Clan Wolf of the MechWarrior 4 Vengeance community. If you enjoy playing strategically and to win, our clan is for you.

All members will start out at the rank of Warrior. Those not holding commanding ranks will still be able to contribute to the field strategy. All members are welcome to join us on practice nights. If not selected for our competitive lances we may try scheduling you a skirmish against one of our allies. Our practice schedule can be found on our site.

Inactive members that have given us prior notice as to why they are gone will not be considered for removal for some great length of time. Members that have posted often, played matches regularly, and are well known to us will also be given extra leeway. If you have been removed from our roster then you are no longer able to post on our website. Those petitioning for reentry must submit their request to either CW Roy or CW Archer via enjin's private messaging system or MWO's.

Note that Mercenary rankings are a little different from Clans.

Our 'Luna Wolf' recruiting page can be found here http://mwomercs.com/...276#entry364276 - we use the same enjin site for both divisions.

Below is an image updated every 24 hours to showcase our member count.

Posted Image

Happy hunting!

Edited by CW Roy, 01 February 2013 - 10:14 PM.

#2 MuffinTop

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,089 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNext door to nobody.

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:04 PM

Are you affiliated in any way with the WOLF servers I used to see a long time ago,for the Forgotten Hope mod for Battlefield 1942/BF2 ?

#3 CW Roy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:32 PM

We weren't in Battlefield 1942 as a clan, but I found the page of the group you are talking about, I believe. It's interesting that their founding year is 2002 as well.

#4 Aethon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:14 AM

You wouldn't happen to be the same Clan Wolf that was in VL league, would you?

#5 CW Roy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:12 AM

I can't say for certain, but I don't think so. We were a part of the MWA in Mercs for a time, however.

I myself joined the clan in 2003, and our new Council took the reigns in 2004. 2 of the other leading members with us now were part of the clan longer than myself. Really, the Clan's age is only my educated guess. Our old forums are still up, and from skimming the front page I saw posts from 2003. I remember that I was part of an allied clan, Blood Legion, for about a year before joining CW, so I can safely assume that the Clan is at the very least that old.

We managed to keep about 8 or 9 members active in Vengeance after our leaders left us, but that was soon cut down to 4. Us 4, SilverWolf, Fallout IIc, myself, and Archer always played together during the early days, with probably the strongest bond out of anyone in the clan at the time, so it was only natural that we took things over. We played Vengeance until ZoneMatch was taken down, and were probably the only clan left that was actively seeking skirmishes from the other clans of the Vengeance 3.0 community. The 1.0 players kept pretty competitive in their separate servers though. I liked to visit their alternate dimension every so often.

We hope to bring things back stronger than they were at our most active point. We had scheduled practices and skirmishes all the time, with a dozen or more members on every single day. As things are looking now, we have our 4 members of the last decade (including myself) and two new recruits. Hopefully they come back to MWOMercs' launch, see us doing well, and decide to stay joined with us. We also have another new member besides them, a friend of mine that will definitely be sticking with us.

/PR speak :(

Edited by cw roy, 03 June 2012 - 03:30 AM.

#6 Gaius Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 58 posts
  • LocationShreveport, Louisiana

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:44 AM

I used to be part of CW back in 04 in MWA... mostly in MW4Mwecs... I went by the callsign Twitch back then

#7 CW Roy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

I was mostly active in Vengeance, but I did get into the MWA eventually. Buying that Fenris was the biggest mistake I ever made. You could land a jet on that thing. The Ryoken was pretty sweet though.

#8 CW Roy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

Welcome to the clan our newest member, Pyriel Ward!

Edited by cw roy, 03 June 2012 - 12:01 PM.

#9 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

Please assume positive intent - I understand how some groups feel about THEIR group being one particiular clan or another.

You do realize that no one group will be able to claim the whole of a Clan faction as their own. There will be no Khan nor saKhan in MW:O (probably not unless a planetary league is spawn).

At best, you will be able to portray a sub-element of that Faction, with no Khan or other clan leadership other than that found in your particular sub-unit. The limited Clan sub-element command structure should mimic the Clan less the Khan and saKhan positions - Major sub-element Commander and his staff (XO, Loremaster and Oathmaster) with enough sub-element commanders to form binaries or trinaries. Remember, galaxy Commanders MUST be Bloodnamed MechWarriors and since none of us with Bloodnames earned outside of MW:O realistically should be using them, You will need to think smaller sub-elements until trials for Bloodnames (and then the creation of a Galaxy) can be performed. So think small - a binary or trinary is found at multiple levels of the Clan's military organizations.

For instance, the order of battle for two trinaries in Clan Blood Spirit's Alpha Galaxy: the 10th Trinary (The Sword), 7th Blood Drinkers Cluster of Alpha Galaxy (The Blooding) or the 14th Trinary, 112th Scarlet Battle Cluster (The Spear), Alpha Galaxy. In my group's version of CBS, we even had a Sibko Training Command for each Galaxy

I recommend an examination of Canon to see what sub-units you can take "possession" of. Keep it low enough on the order of battle "totem pole" so as to allow for others who claim Clan Wolf alligeance to have a unique identity.

You can go ahead and claim Clan Wolf, but I do not think PGI will permit it, considering how many "Clan Wolf" groups there are out there and the fact that MW:O battles will be taking place in smaller scirmishes outside of the major canon events where the major factions WILL BE.

You will notice that my handle has a bloodname - I am trying to get the forum admin to remove it because in MW:O, I am not entitled to it nor will I be Khan of a faction (not that CBS will ever be seen in this game)

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 03 June 2012 - 12:50 PM.

#10 CW Roy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

Why are you stalking us now? We made our point to people like you in a separate thread so that we wouldn't have to go through this again in our recruiting thread. I'll repeat everything for you one more time, since you seem to be a bit hard of understanding.

"Our Clan Wolf has been around for enough years to be validated on its own. We're not interested in being absorbed by anyone, whether it be a combination of Wolves or a single declaring their supposed supremacy, however we are open to negotiations. We would be happy to form some sort of communication for future teamwork when Operation Revival commences, and we hope that all discriminations and belittlement stop."

"My post is merely a preemptive message directed to certain comments on this forum and personal user made Clan forums, comments that were putting one user's Clan on a pedastal and calling others' dezgra."

"Our Clan is already made unique in its branding, as all recruiting threads, our main Clan account, website and forums all showcase 'USA' somewhere in the name. That was not part of the issue with other users."

"We never claimed to be the true Clan Wolf. There is no true Clan Wolf that is based online as a gaming community. Clan Wolf is in the books, and that's as far as real goes. As for canon names not being allowed in MWO, that doesn't concern us. If Clan Wolf USA isn't enough to get by, we will still have our own websites and members. All that matters is who we recognize ourselves as, not others' views. As Archer said, we wouldn't be against working together. I'm sure some people would view us as a Cluster and not a Clan after that, but that's okay. It's not so easy to destroy a decade old identity."

"We are Clan Wolf because we choose to be. No one can take that freedom of will away from us. In game or not, who we personally identify ourselves as has nothing to do with what is Canon, how the game progresses, or what other people think.

For all you people are concerned, we are Clan Diddley Doo Wop Scoobity Doo Doo Dooooo. It's just a name, and we are our own organization with its own structure and own members. People need to just quit being childish about a video game. None of us are part of anything canon."

Stop crapping up other people's threads with your drama.

#11 CW Archer

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

Gremlich, go away. We're going to play the game the way we feel like. You want to organize your own clan wolf and whatnot? Go for it. You want to label us dezgra or bandit or whatever, go for it. We are going to call ourselves Clan Wolf, we will play as Clan Wolf, and we're going to have a damn good time doing it.

#12 AndrewRall

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

Interested in joining up with you guys as opposed to managing our own unit. If you are interested, we can chat... I have a few friends that would be interested in coming over as well. We played against each other many moons ago, callsign was Berserker. (someone grabbed it before me here)

Added: We fought in NBT if memory serves, and I have sent you an app via my old forum account that seems to still be active. Thanks in advance gents.

Edited by Max Leadfoot, 03 June 2012 - 02:21 PM.

#13 CW Archer

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:28 PM

Sounds good Max, contact CW Roy, and take a look at our clan profile which is linked in the 1st post.
Also be sure to change your callsign on our forums.

#14 CW Roy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

@Max Leadfoot

If you read in the above posts, you can get a pretty good grip on our 'personal' Clan's history. It covers everything from leagues and whatnot. It's a possibility that the same {CW} was in the NBT, but since my record service with this Clan only goes back to 2002-2003, I can't say for sure. I would have to get in contact with some of the oldest members to find out.

If you were active in MW4 Vengeance or the MW4 Mercs MWA League, you could've definitely seen us around there.

If you and your friends would still like to join, you are all more than welcome. Groups of friends coming at once is a big deal to us -- it means you're already familiar with each other. This increases the chance of your friends and you having control over your own Star(s), depending on how many of you there are.

To understand how we view the importance of our ranks and overall equality of all members, read our profile feed on our account Clan Wolf USA on this site. A link to it can be found in the original post.

Edited by cw roy, 03 June 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#15 AndrewRall

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

Sounds good. See you on the forums and in open beta.

#16 CW Roy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:40 AM

Currently our members are voting, privately, as to whether or not we form our own non-canonical Cluster, Stars, and Bloodnames, or stay a canonical-esque Clan in the privacy of our own website while following any future in-game Dev rules after the launch date.

Edited by cw roy, 04 June 2012 - 07:41 AM.

#17 CW Archer

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

The clan is growing at a steady pace right now, I'm very excited to see all the new faces and I'm really looking forward to fighting alongside everyone once the game launches.

#18 CW Roy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:46 PM

We will be forming our own non-canon Mercenaries Company with its own separate site soon. We will be linking our Company to a new, non-canon story of the IS worlds, giving them a roleplaying part in the reboot of the canon.

We'll be leaving this thread up, and anyone wishing to join us can still visit the same website as posted. It will eventually have a link on the main page, leading to our new Merc Company's website.

Once the Clan's invade, we'll abolish our MC, moving all members back into our Trinary of Clan Wolf.

Edited by cw roy, 06 June 2012 - 03:52 AM.

#19 UBCslayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 233 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

Been fighting for Clan Wolf since the MW2 days... see no reason to stop now. I'll be happy to sign on for active duty if you are still looking for members.

#20 CW Archer

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:12 AM

Absolutely, check out CW Roy's profile, he has more of the information, and be sure to sign up on our forum and submit a recruitment application.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users