- - - - -

Community Warfare Clarity (P2P/f2P) - Feedback

342 replies to this topic

#101 Shumabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

View PostTer Ushaka, on 08 April 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

Good point. MWO should be shelved and redone as a MOBA LoL clone.

Who's with me?

I know you were being kinda trolly there, but a MW themed Moba would actually be pretty incredible, it would suit the customization and variety in the IP very well.

#102 PropagandaWar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

View PostShumabot, on 08 April 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

That's how F2P games work. You rake in cash at the margins while being free vastly increases your player base. It's why they make billions of dollars.

I dunno there were so many pink mechs this weekend my Hunchback was haven brain spasm's.

#103 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

View PostPropagandaWar, on 08 April 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

I have no Problem with either of the games an like Tropico. How long has LoL been out what since 2009. Um ok. Pink Highlander is cheaper thant WoT Super Tanks.

Yet it's more expensive than any capcom on disk DLC, the thing we were talking about. Stop moving the goalpoast there bud.

#104 Kwibl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 255 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

I keep seeing people saying things like subscriptions are required for this game to survive, and that other people feel entitled for wanting the game to be "free".

The simple fact is, this game is marketted as a free to play title based on a microtransaction system. This system is hugely profitable, and has been proven as a viable strategy for games. MWO doesn't "need" things like subscriptions, it just needs a better microtransaction system. Comparing LOL and MWO? viable comparison, same buisness model, if different audiences? Comparing MWO to capcom? Completely irrelevant comparison. It's like China defending it's human rights when compared to the US by saying "you're lucky you're not in north korea"

#105 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostPropagandaWar, on 08 April 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

I dunno there were so many pink mechs this weekend my Hunchback was haven brain spasm's.

Yeah, it was the first clever thing PGI has done for montezation so far. It was also an idea WoT hit like two years ago. This games population is insignificant and composed primarily at this point of whales. They're the only ones left playing, PGI has already acknowledged that it's have a very tough time with new player retention. A game also can't survive with 10k players for very long.

Edited by Shumabot, 08 April 2013 - 11:52 AM.

#106 planetarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 228 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRussell Springs, KY

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

Disclaimer: Haven't read any comments. No time for that. Just responding to the OP.

player-hosted dedicated servers for private matches.

I mean seriously, how hard is that? That's what PC gamers expect! Don't make my friends pay for premium just so we can setup a match to our liking rather than using the stupid matchmaking crap that none of us like in any form.

Edited by planetarian, 08 April 2013 - 11:52 AM.

#107 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

View Postplanetarian, on 08 April 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

Disclaimer: Haven't read any comments. No time for that. Just responding to the OP.

I mean seriously, how hard is that? That's what PC gamers expect! Don't make my friends pay for premium just so we can setup a match to our liking rather than using the stupid matchmaking crap that none of us like in any form.

It's not an unreasonable thing to monetize, but pretending that it's to "cover server costs" is silly. It's not like we'd be getting our own servers and running instances on pre existing hardware is hardly pricey. This is the same as that 250k per map nonsense, stop justifying why things cost money, especially when the justifications are silly nonsense.

#108 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

Here's a novel idea.

Don't bother considering charging people to pay for private matches, if you cannot bring stability back up. There's nothing like charging for something that won't be used because noone is there to use it.

#109 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

View PostShumabot, on 08 April 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

Yet it's more expensive than any capcom on disk DLC, the thing we were talking about. Stop moving the goalpoast there bud.

If I keep moving it sooner or later you'll miss. My point was I feel companies like CAPCOM are way more Devious than companies like PGI. I bought Defiance this weekend to run around for a bit and after the $60.00 investment I had to put $5.00 in right away for a few more inventory slots. To make it even mor suckish you can't clear out the garbage inventory you start with.

#110 Ter Ushaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • LocationGnomeregan, Dun Morogh

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 08 April 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:

Here's a novel idea.

Don't bother considering charging people to pay for private matches, if you cannot bring stability back up. There's nothing like charging for something that won't be used because noone is there to use it.

Here's a more novel idea. Don't bother considering the current state of the game now, to the state of the game in six months. I understand humanity has a problem pulling its head from its collective ***** to see the forest from the trees, so I am sorry in advance.

#111 Csypher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

[color=#CCCCCC]If we decided to launch Private Matches, they will likely require a Premium Account to cover costs of hosting a match on our hardware.( brian )[/color]

Is it just me or is this silly. Other free to play games have private matches with no cost or need for a advance account so why does mech warrior ?

If servers were set up right the first time there should not be a burden or need for cost when doing a private match... Is this really why a premium account is needed? There should be no extra cost this should help drive people to play buy new mech and thus some will invest money in to the game, like most of us had. That should be the model not trying to nickle and dime us for every little addition that pgi finally incorporates that is standard and free, in other free to play games.

Edited by Csypher, 08 April 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#112 OuttaAmmo NoWai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 229 posts
  • LocationNot at a macbook

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

All I know is that I've spent $60 on a founder's package and about $80 in MC. $140+ for the ability to play private matches seems a little ludicrous when I can just reinstall any of the previous mechwarrior games for free.

#113 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

View PostPropagandaWar, on 08 April 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:

If I keep moving it sooner or later you'll miss. My point was I feel companies like CAPCOM are way more Devious than companies like PGI. I bought Defiance this weekend to run around for a bit and after the $60.00 investment I had to put $5.00 in right away for a few more inventory slots. To make it even mor suckish you can't clear out the garbage inventory you start with.

I bet your hud didn't turn into screen covering golden fractals after half your team disconnected though.

#114 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

View PostTer Ushaka, on 08 April 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

Here's a more novel idea. Don't bother considering the current state of the game now, to the state of the game in six months. I understand humanity has a problem pulling its head from its collective ***** to see the forest from the trees, so I am sorry in advance.

With respect to ECM, my point actually might stay true. Stability certainly can change.. but we've yet to get the devs to budge on ECM.

Edited by Deathlike, 08 April 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#115 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

View PostShumabot, on 08 April 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

I bet your hud didn't turn into screen covering golden fractals after half your team disconnected though.

No that only happend on MWO. Defiance just froze kicked and hicupped all over the place.

#116 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

Thanks Bryan, I take back half of the things I've said about you. The good half... (kidding :angry: )

I

#117 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

View PostTer Ushaka, on 08 April 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

Oh, I didn't know you were Doctor Manhatten, maybe you've forgotten, but not everyone exists in a quantum state experiencing the past and the future at the same time. Some people exist now.

View PostPropagandaWar, on 08 April 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

No that only happend on MWO. Defiance just froze kicked and hicupped all over the place.

Just like in MWO!

#118 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostOuttaAmmo NoWai, on 08 April 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

Private matches have to be free. Every single one of your competitors offers free private matches. League of Legends. World of Tanks.

At least let us LAN or play offline if you don't want the extra server load. Any design choice that limits your players from playing together and making meaningful social interactions over your product is a design choice that is counterproductive to a profitable game.

Uh...not even close? Even going with just a single one, DoTA 2, not only has paid tournies, but then makes players pay to actually watch most of them.

#119 MiniChiken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 107 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

On behalf of the community, and those who lashed out at the developers, we're all extremely sorry. Please continue with your awesome work and let loose the ban hammer on those who deserve it. That behaviour is never acceptable and should not have happened.

#120 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:09 PM

View PostShumabot, on 08 April 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

Oh, I didn't know you were Doctor Manhatten, maybe you've forgotten, but not everyone exists in a quantum state experiencing the past and the future at the same time. Some people exist now.

Just like in MWO!

Yet I payed for Defiance and its the released version. I knew I should have went with Bioshock or Tomb Raider.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users