342 replies to this topic

#81 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

Thank you for the clarification. CW sounds great. I am looking forward to it.

People should always be patient and understanding.

Keep up the good work ;)

#82 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

After having checked on the MC Coolant and Airstrike prices.... my 50MC proposal seems too high. It should be lowered to the same costs as those items... which is 15MC (per day).

#83 JimSuperBleeder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 473 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:14 AM

Now that we have gotten this out of the way, lets put CW on the shelf, and fix the games actual playability. Can't have mech battles without a working/stable game.

#84 Byk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 257 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 08 April 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

It’s one thing to disagree politely and intelligently, even passionately, with the content as it had been initially presented.It’s a whole other issue when the community sends violent threats to PGI/IGP staff for any reason: whether it’s a misunderstanding or for not being available to respond in as timely a manner as expected.

Holy crap, whoever you are that sent violent threats or even extremely angry communiques you just need to calm the **** down. You are an embarrassment to the MechWarrior community. Just be patient and realize these guys care about the game as much as you do.

Thank you Bryan for the write-up.

#85 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

I knew that my time spent camping on that original Polygon response thread wasn't in vain! ;)

See...? I told ya'll there might be a light at the end of the tunnel (that wasn't just an ERPPC bolt).

#86 IIIuminaughty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Wow they are threating the makers of the best mech game created/recreated since 2010!? WHO ARE THESE LOSERS??? Don't worry bout them they are Minority they are no importance to the rest of us! LONG LIVE MWOOOOOOOOOOO!!

#87 Red Sun

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 33 posts
  • LocationColorado

I didn't even realize that an interview had been released about community warfare >.< Frankly, if I'm having fun playing the game, I have no problem paying for it, as long as the price isn't outrageous. So far, there's nothing about MWO's pricing scheme that's been outrageous to me. The lack of custom skins for founders mechs, that's outrageous, but eh, I'll cry and get over it.

I've been kind of loose with MWO lately. Gameplay is really only fun if you have a group to play with, and the merc group I had been a part of kicked me off when I couldn't show up regularly because of school.

In order to get and keep players interested, I think MWO needs some sort of public community chat where players can hang out, talk to each other, get to know other players, and form improv "units" to drop with. This would immensely facilitate the best aspect of MWO, which is team play.

I realize the technicalities of this kind of feature are a bit awkward, and any kind of public chat requires moderation. It wouldn't be easy to implement effectively. But it would be worth it.

Oh oh oh! I had this idea years ago to rip off MW1 and turn it into an MMO. I'd keep features like traveling to different worlds in the inner sphere. Each world would have its own chat room for socialization and recruiting (i.e. the MW1 bar) and its own 'mech economy. Also, the ability to take merc contracts from house leaders and a running house reputation score. Essentially identical with MW1 but with multiplayer integrated. Ultimately, I never got around to doing this project, but I've been hoping to see these features in MWO. Please oh please with a cherry on top!

#88 Ter Ushaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • LocationGnomeregan, Dun Morogh

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

iRacing does the same thing, charging the hosts of private matches a small fee for use of their servers, with which I have no issue. If Posted Image makes the cost reasonable (say the MC equivalent of $1-2USD), then what the heck.

#89 PropagandaWar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

When I heard that you guys had to deal with threats all I could think of was what cowards. Its a video game. You hide behind monitors and make threats. How very bottom of the barrel these people are. I hope PGI's lawyers go after these miscreants legally. If you do not like the games direction simply leave. Take your meds and go elswhere.

#90 OuttaAmmo NoWai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 229 posts
  • LocationNot at a macbook

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

Private matches have to be free. Every single one of your competitors offers free private matches. League of Legends. World of Tanks.

At least let us LAN or play offline if you don't want the extra server load. Any design choice that limits your players from playing together and making meaningful social interactions over your product is a design choice that is counterproductive to a profitable game.

Edited by OuttaAmmo NoWai, 08 April 2013 - 11:41 AM.

#91 Daelin Wledig

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23 posts
  • LocationOn this side of Eternity.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

Thank you for the clarifications and patient response, Mr. Ekman. I'm really looking forward to what you and the rest of the PGI team has planned for MWO.

Certainly haven't been disappointed yet. :-D

#92 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

You want the base game. Get it for free. You want the DLC? Well its DLC so HA! PGI is a godsend compaired to companies like CAPCOM. I like that I'll be getting something for premium other than c-bills. Feels Good! Feeelz Real good!

View PostOuttaAmmo NoWai, on 08 April 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

Private matches have to be free. Every single one of your competitors offers free private matches. League of Legends. World of Tanks.

At least let us LAN of play offline if you don't want the extra server load. Any design choice that limits your players from playing together and making meaningful social interactions over your product is a design choice that is counterproductive to a profitable game.

Um no they don't. PGI's closest competitor is HAWKEN and that game is Shmeh beyond Shmeh sooooo..... Yeah have fun with that one.

P.S. LoL is not MWO.

#93 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

I certainly don't condone the idea that you guys would receive threats, as amateur hour as your marketing exploits are this community is considerably more extreme at its fringes than it should be. I guess that happens when you pick up old IP's for whatever reason.

Still, I find it ludicrous that you couldn't see this coming, and the idea that you have holidays that prevent you from tackling PR disasters is silly. Sometimes you don't get to take the holiday, I know I've had to telecommute on holidays before. It's the reality of dealing with the public, their on hours are intrinsically your off hours since you are servicing a leisure time activity.

View PostPropagandaWar, on 08 April 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

You want the base game. Get it for free. You want the DLC? Well its DLC so HA! PGI is a godsend compaired to companies like CAPCOM. I like that I'll be getting something for premium other than c-bills. Feels Good! Feeelz Real good!

Um no they don't. PGI's closest competitor is HAWKEN and that game is Shmeh beyond Shmeh sooooo..... Yeah have fun with that one.

P.S. LoL is not MWO.

They're a godsend because they charge you more and deliver unfinished buggy service? You're happy that the money you spend might result in you getting something that you could have already spent money on? Boy, you're an easy mark.

#94 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostShumabot, on 08 April 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

I certainly don't condone the idea that you guys would receive threats, as amateur hour as your marketing exploits are this community is considerably more extreme at its fringes than it should be. I guess that happens when you pick up old IP's for whatever reason.

Still, I find it ludicrous that you couldn't see this coming, and the idea that you have holidays that prevent you from tackling PR disasters is silly. Sometimes you don't get to take the holiday, I know I've had to telecommute on holidays before. It's the reality of dealing with the public, their on hours are intrinsically your off hours since you are servicing a leisure time activity.

They're a godsend because they charge you more and deliver unfinished buggy service? You're happy that the money you spend might result in you getting something that you could have already spent money on? Boy, you're an easy mark.

I don't have to pay for a dime. CAPCOM has DLC that you have to pay to unlock that is already on the CD. Your the easy mark if you feel you have to pay to play. Also why are you still here. All you do is harass people and harass them some more. I thought you were going over to Planetside2 and bugging them for a while.

#95 OuttaAmmo NoWai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 229 posts
  • LocationNot at a macbook

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostPropagandaWar, on 08 April 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

P.S. LoL is not MWO.

You're right. LoL is simply the largest, most profitable F2P game ever made. Not like we should...look to it for inspiration...or anything...

#96 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

View PostPropagandaWar, on 08 April 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

I don't have to pay for a dime. CAPCOM has DLC that you have to pay to unlock that is already on the CD. Your the easy mark if you feel you have to pay to play. Also why are you still here. All you do is harass people and harass them some more. I thought you were going over to Planetside2 and bugging them for a while.

No, I'm playing LoL and Tropico. And hey, make fun of them all you want, and I agree that on disk DLC is an angering effort to exploit, but at least capcoms dlc is fully featured, bug free, and costs less than a pink highlander. At least it isn't ludicrously over expensive and broken half the time.

As for my harassing people, only you <3.
and only because you deserve it

Edited by Shumabot, 08 April 2013 - 11:46 AM.

#97 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostOuttaAmmo NoWai, on 08 April 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

You're right. LoL is simply the largest, most profitable F2P game ever made. Not like we should...look to it for inspiration...or anything...

And PGI will decide whether or not LoL formula works for them. Everyone keeps shouting free, free, free. Its a wonder they make any money at all. My nephew plays LoL and I know he hasn't put a dime into that game. Good thing there are so many people willing to pick up his slack.

#98 Ter Ushaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • LocationGnomeregan, Dun Morogh

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

View PostOuttaAmmo NoWai, on 08 April 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

Good point. MWO should be shelved and redone as a MOBA LoL clone.

Who's with me?

#99 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostPropagandaWar, on 08 April 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

And PGI will decide whether or not LoL formula works for them. Everyone keeps shouting free, free, free. Its a wonder they make any money at all. My nephew plays LoL and I know he hasn't put a dime into that game. Good thing there are so many people willing to pick up his slack.

That's how F2P games work. You rake in cash at the margins while being free vastly increases your player base. It's why they make billions of dollars.

#100 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostShumabot, on 08 April 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

No, I'm playing LoL and Tropico. And hey, make fun of them all you want, and I agree that on disk DLC is an angering effort to exploit, but at least capcoms dlc is fully featured, bug free, and costs less than a pink highlander. At least it isn't ludicrously over expensive and broken half the time.

As for my harassing people, only you <3.

I have no Problem with either of the games an like Tropico. How long has LoL been out what since 2009. Um ok. Pink Highlander is cheaper thant WoT Super Tanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users