#81 Lordred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

Small dump

Spoiler

Edited by Lordred, 03 May 2013 - 01:39 PM.

#82 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

Dude, this are pure awesomesauce. Absolutely outstanding.

I wish I could use my drivers to alter AA settings(as MWO's AA is *terrible*), but alas; any attempt to do so leaves me in you-exploiting-******* land, with things looking terrible and basically cheating.

#83 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:20 AM

AMD(ATi)? I have been meaning to look into AMD(ATi)'s driver level controls, while I do have both a 6550G and 6520M both are not powerful enough for running the game at higher settings, I will dig into the matter with some of the 7970/7950 owners I know.

#84 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:50 AM

View PostLordred, on 04 May 2013 - 12:20 AM, said:

AMD(ATi)? I have been meaning to look into AMD(ATi)'s driver level controls, while I do have both a 6550G and 6520M both are not powerful enough for running the game at higher settings, I will dig into the matter with some of the 7970/7950 owners I know.

I've got a 7850, heavily OC'd (pretty far beyond a 7870). I spend a lot of time in the custom settings, but there's a bug with MWO and (at least ATI) AA settings that really, really messes with the display. Turning on AA at the driver level (at least, with the higher end settings) causes all the mechs, terrain, and objects to become transparent. It's extremely hard to play like that, but also for obvious reasons potentially exploity.

Frustrating, really, as I'm solidly capped at 60fps all the time - lots of room for improvement, but MWO won't go for higher settings, and driver level improvements really mangle the game.

#85 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

View PostThontor, on 04 May 2013 - 06:48 AM, said:

Heh, Garth just tweeted a link to this thread last night

https://twitter.com/...444778066026496

Wow, that's quite an honor.

#86 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:05 AM

^_^ Wow,awesome pictures! Im always on the hunt for fantastic wallpapers and mech pics and i have a really nice collection of classic Battletech,new modells,ingame mech pics and more.Be sure that your pics have a place in my private collection for fantastic Mech pics.Thank you so much all here.

#87 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:15 AM

Two shots in the morning.
Spoiler

#88 shellashock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 439 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

the picture with the wang on the beach would be perfect screensaver material if there was a rising (or setting I guess) sun in the background right above the wang. AND it would compliment the rising sun style paint job on the wang. Too bad there isn't a sun in the river city, otherwise this would have been my favourite pic to date. Overall though great job!

#89 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

Lordred, there's an effect I've noticed in MWO - you can see it to an extent on the Cataphract shot above, but it's most noticeable on Tourmaline. What happens is mechs seem to be shaded kind of in reverse - note how the lit areas on the CTF's thighs are the lower, downward facing areas? It almost seems like mechs are lit from below.

Am I on crack? Have you noticed that? Or anyone else?

I swear, every time I play on Tourmaline, it just looks... wrong. It's a cool effect and often works out pretty well, but... it's strange.

As if the mechs are lit from light reflecting off the ground primarily, and only receiving ambient light on their sun-facing surfaces.

#90 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 04 May 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

Lordred, there's an effect I've noticed in MWO - you can see it to an extent on the Cataphract shot above, but it's most noticeable on Tourmaline. What happens is mechs seem to be shaded kind of in reverse - note how the lit areas on the CTF's thighs are the lower, downward facing areas? It almost seems like mechs are lit from below.

For the most part the problem i feel is the restriction to DX9, wait till they give us DX11 again, I'll be putting the game though its paces then and these current screenshots will be nothing more then childsplay.

But as for the lighting on tourmaline, I think thats just the way they have the light setup, the map is very bright on its own, and everything is really bleached out.

#91 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

View PostLordred, on 04 May 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

For the most part the problem i feel is the restriction to DX9, wait till they give us DX11 again, I'll be putting the game though its paces then and these current screenshots will be nothing more then childsplay.

But as for the lighting on tourmaline, I think thats just the way they have the light setup, the map is very bright on its own, and everything is really bleached out.

It's not the amount of light, but rather the lighting and shading angles, they seem... backwards, on Tourmaline and Forest Colony. As if the ground was a brighter light source than the sky.

God, I can't wait for DX11 though =)

#92 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

Spoiler

It's probably kind of hard to read the text on the above image (quick markup in mspaint) but in short, look at the direction of the land shadows, then the lighting on the Cataphract and Hunchback. The highlights on the hunchback appear to be coming from the direction that should be the most shadowed, and the Cataphract's is very much strange and backwards - like it was lit from a spotlight on the ground practically directly underneath it.

Anyways, sorry for messing up your beautiful screenshot thread, it's just something I've found baffling.

Edited by Wintersdark, 04 May 2013 - 05:15 PM.

#93 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

Time for some more images.
Spoiler

If you ever want to try to drop with me for some screen caps of you in action, let me know Via PM or in here, well see if we can line something up.

View PostWintersdark, on 04 May 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

Spoiler

It's probably kind of hard to read the text on the above image (quick markup in mspaint) but in short, look at the direction of the land shadows, then the lighting on the Cataphract and Hunchback. The highlights on the hunchback appear to be coming from the direction that should be the most shadowed, and the Cataphract's is very much strange and backwards - like it was lit from a spotlight on the ground practically directly underneath it.

Anyways, sorry for messing up your beautiful screenshot thread, it's just something I've found baffling.

No, I see it, I'm just hoping it has to do with DX9, if I were allowed to I might try messing with the engine itself, but that is not only frowned upon, but disallowed. So I work with what I'm given, when DX11 rolls out, I'm ready to put it though the paces.

Spoiler

Edited by Lordred, 04 May 2013 - 05:32 PM.

#94 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 04 May 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

Spoiler

"Baked shadows" on maps. Evidently they don't match the real lighting.

-------

On a separate note, I noticed Garth said this:

TheGarth ‏@pgi_thegarth 3 May
@argentbear Very, very cool. The same people made my paint scheme!

So... Lordred, we made his paint scheme? I'm confuzzled. ;) Did he start using a paint scheme found in your/our snapshots?

Edited by Koniving, 04 May 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#95 ZeProme

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 562 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

Awesome pictures. I liked the following pictures:

View PostLordred, on 04 May 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Time for some more images.
Spoiler

If you ever want to try to drop with me for some screen caps of you in action, let me know Via PM or in here, well see if we can line something up.

Every one of these pictures seems to be worth a thousand words.

I also like this picture.

Posted Image

Very scenic view and highly contrasts with the theme of the YLW's default paint. The rising sun, with a glimpse of the background dusk, probably to indicate well, the rising sun or the new dawn.

I don't know how else to describe it, but each of these pictures... have life and meaning and some sense of feeling to it.

I'm pretty speechless. Please keep making more screenshots. Every one of them is worth a thousand words with a story to go with it.

Struggles in a fight for victory.

Edited by ZeProme, 04 May 2013 - 07:02 PM.

#96 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

Le dump-e

Spoiler

#97 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

Oh! I do love the Zebra dragon. That's fantastic.

View PostKoniving, on 04 May 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

"Baked shadows" on maps. Evidently they don't match the real lighting.

-------

On a separate note, I noticed Garth said this:

TheGarth ‏@pgi_thegarth 3 May
@argentbear Very, very cool. The same people made my paint scheme!

So... Lordred, we made his paint scheme? I'm confuzzled. ;) Did he start using a paint scheme found in your/our snapshots?

Didn't you guys win his "Paint My Cicada" contest a while back?

#98 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 04 May 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

Oh! I do love the Zebra dragon. That's fantastic.

That would be Koniving.

View PostWintersdark, on 04 May 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

Didn't you guys win his "Paint My Cicada" contest a while back?

Not I.

#99 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

Neither I or Lordred recall entering that. O.o; Btw, thank you. ;) My dragon's camo was on sale, though not cheap to paint. Got another pattern going. Matter of fact Lordred is quick, we just did that match not even 15 minutes ago.

Edited by Koniving, 05 May 2013 - 07:58 AM.

#100 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

Commando!
Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users