2158 replies to this topic

#141 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

Posted ImageI love my Misery's colouring - PC Gamer Grey for the body(primary, though any steel gray will work), and a red for the secondary and teritary colours. Gives it a real "war machine" look, which goes very well with it's battered skin.

Toss in a UAC5 for the awesome 3-barrelled rotary cannon look, and it's heavily reminiscent of an A-10.

Edited by Wintersdark, 07 May 2013 - 04:43 PM.

#142 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

God, I want my own camera-monkey. It's gotten to the point where I kinda want 3rd person just to take my own *****'n screenies.

I'd love a cool action shot of the above for a wallpaper :)

Edited by Wintersdark, 07 May 2013 - 04:51 PM.

#143 Lordred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

Le-Grande Dump-e(y?) umm,,,,,

DUMP!

Spoiler

#144 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

Smallie

Spoiler

#145 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

I am not the Hunchbacks. Those were Sy-Co

I'm the Yen Lo Wang (Feldgrau + Turmeric.)
I am the Miseries Titanium White and PC Gamer Grey.
I am the Heavy Metal.

In the HM versus Misery fight, I am the HM. We're both battle-damaged to heck and back. Quite fun.

To the picture suggestion by Wintersdark, I haven't finished the preliminary recording of the basics yet for the chassis/variant series I'm slowly working on. But once done, I'll customize it. I was honestly hoping I could do twin UAC/5s on the Misery. :)

#146 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

View PostKoniving, on 07 May 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

I am not the Hunchbacks. Those were Sy-Co

I'm the Yen Lo Wang (Feldgrau + Turmeric.)
I am the Miseries Titanium White and PC Gamer Grey.
I am the Heavy Metal.

In the HM versus Misery fight, I am the HM. We're both battle-damaged to heck and back. Quite fun.

To the picture suggestion by Wintersdark, I haven't finished the preliminary recording of the basics yet for the chassis/variant series I'm slowly working on. But once done, I'll customize it. I was honestly hoping I could do twin UAC/5s on the Misery. :)

Me, too. I really, REALLY wanted twin UAC's. They just look so damn awesome - and are very high dps and low heat, which synergizes so well with Stalkers. Alas.

#147 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

Running more mechs, we'll run more shots soon. If there's any other color suggestions for any mechs (especially the X-5) requests for mechs to run let me know.

Lordred retired for the night, so I'm gonna watch some Anime and we'll try again. People, don't shoot the camera man! :)

Edited by Koniving, 07 May 2013 - 09:28 PM.

#148 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,594 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:04 PM

Nice pics guys :) . Oh ya, misery would lookin freakin awesome if they could carry 2 UACs :blink: .
I repainted my Ilya now in our unit colours black-red or red-black.Have to try some other combis with the colours.Think Black-white or black-yellow would be nice.What is this for a camo on the 3d red-black-white? Tiger? I have on my 3D tiger cammo with black-black-red(PC gamer colours).

#149 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

View PostMighty Spike, on 07 May 2013 - 11:04 PM, said:

Nice pics guys :) . Oh ya, misery would lookin freakin awesome if they could carry 2 UACs :) .
I repainted my Ilya now in our unit colours black-red or red-black.Have to try some other combis with the colours.Think Black-white or black-yellow would be nice.What is this for a camo on the 3d red-black-white? Tiger? I have on my 3D tiger cammo with black-black-red(PC gamer colours).

My Muromets is already Black, White in that order. I like how it made the stars look.

Since all Highlanders now show real damage there will be plenty more shots of them. My cataphract also showed damage. So we'll see if the Muromets does. If so then you'll see plenty more Muromets. I do not have tiger camo but I do have woodland. During sales I take requests for colors. The last time I asked for requests was when the thread was less popular, shown here. The Zebra Dragon, and a few others not shown came from that. The Raven paint schemes also came from that sale.

#150 Edson Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

I see lots of yellows in your mechs. Which one is that?

Also, the mechs look pretty, but don't you guys get more attention by using those, becoming easier targets? I refrain from using pretty colors because of that. I wonder how it is for you guys.

#151 ZeProme

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 562 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

View PostKoniving, on 07 May 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

Running more mechs, we'll run more shots soon. If there's any other color suggestions for any mechs (especially the X-5) requests for mechs to run let me know.

Lordred retired for the night, so I'm gonna watch some Anime and we'll try again. People, don't shoot the camera man! :(

You watch Anime? ;)

What what what what what what is it :ph34r:

#152 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

View PostEdson Drake, on 08 May 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

I see lots of yellows in your mechs. Which one is that?

Also, the mechs look pretty, but don't you guys get more attention by using those, becoming easier targets? I refrain from using pretty colors because of that. I wonder how it is for you guys.

In order..
1) Turmeric. Though the yellow one in the Catapult shots in the beginning is K'an.
2) We do get attention. But that's what we want. Makes for better pictures. Sadly it rarely works out that way. They keep going after Lordred!

Consider this: When given the choice between fighting someone with bright colors and someone with dull, basic green, people actually prefer to tangle with the basic green. It usually screams "I'm new" or "I'm inexperienced." I mean if you are alone would you chase the bright colorful guy, or the basic green one? Someone who has gone through the trouble of both colors and a pattern clearly loves the mech he's in, which means he is good with it.

The only exception to this rule is if the basic green guy has 3 people behind him, where the brightly colored one is all by himself. This is actually why most of the pictures of me are of me fighting alone with other mechs. To draw them into fighting with me for the good pictures.

Lordred started to sport bright colors too because they kept shooting him first. It's why the last dump had no action shots. Some 6 PPC stalker shot him once while I was getting a lock for missiles.
----------------------

View PostZeProme, on 08 May 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

You watch Anime? :ph34r:

What what what what what what is it :(

Currently, Air Gear. Before that, "Air" (Though that's a cheesy story with a sad ending). Before that, the entirety of Bleach.

My favorites are (in no particular order) Death Note, Ghost in the Shell, Mobile Suit Squad 8 (a Gundam series that is ~not~ about the Gundams -- the concept of the seismic sensor is in there!), and a few others.

I'm certain the anime picture of Rufus Shinra wasn't any indication on youtube, was it? Life's easier with that. Straight furs get all kinds of crap.

View PostNik Reaper, on 16 April 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

Hi , nice job so far, if your asking for personal preference , I would like to see a big battle shot from a medium ~ long distance but in such a way for the battle to take the whole picture , also the whole team charging , enemy or ally, you know, inspirationaly over a hill, mby a moon or sun behind ;) .

Lordred appears to have attempted to try and meet your request here. But I think it was farther away than what you would have liked. That or LRMs in the distance requested by someone else.

Either way we'll try to get something better soon if at all possible. What we might try is both me and Lordred taking snapshots from different angles. Mine are going to be inferior in quality (MWO raw + limited to a smaller resolution due to having a 4x3 screen that supports up to 1600x1200, though that should be plenty big enough for screenshots). But combined they should come out okay.

Edited by Koniving, 08 May 2013 - 03:06 PM.

#153 ZeProme

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 562 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

View PostKoniving, on 08 May 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

In order..
1) Turmeric. Though the yellow one in the Catapult shots in the beginning is K'an.
2) We do get attention. But that's what we want. Makes for better pictures. Sadly it rarely works out that way. They keep going after Lordred!

Consider this: When given the choice between fighting someone with bright colors and someone with dull, basic green, people actually prefer to tangle with the basic green. It usually screams "I'm new" or "I'm inexperienced." I mean if you are alone would you chase the bright colorful guy, or the basic green one? Someone who has gone through the trouble of both colors and a pattern clearly loves the mech he's in, which means he is good with it.

The only exception to this rule is if the basic green guy has 3 people behind him, where the brightly colored one is all by himself. This is actually why most of the pictures of me are of me fighting alone with other mechs. To draw them into fighting with me for the good pictures.

Lordred started to sport bright colors too because they kept shooting him first. It's why the last dump had no action shots. Some 6 PPC stalker shot him once while I was getting a lock for missiles.
----------------------

Currently, Air Gear. Before that, "Air" (Though that's a cheesy story with a sad ending). Before that, the entirety of Bleach.

My favorites are (in no particular order) Death Note, Ghost in the Shell, Mobile Suit Squad 8 (a Gundam series that is ~not~ about the Gundams -- the concept of the seismic sensor is in there!), and a few others.

I'm certain the anime picture of Rufus Shinra wasn't any indication on youtube, was it? Life's easier with that. Straight furs get all kinds of crap.

I didn't even recognize that picture. I know that it's an anime-like picture, but even then I was still unsure if you watch anime.

I currently don't watch anime, but I am following Bleach, Naruto and Fairy Tail in terms of manga. Anime, not anymore because it takes too long to finish a fight scene.

"Air" as in Tori No Uta? The girl that says "gaaaoooo"? That's a good and saddening anime. I haven't watch that since 5+ years?

I never watched Death Note but I know of it. Some spoiler scenes, but that's about it.

Mobile Suit Squad 8. Again, I heard of it and I want to watch it but I keep forgetting. Rather quite realistic as the mobile suits are more "realistic".

Gundam Wing is one of my favorite Gundam series. The mix of politics, drama and fight scenes really shine compared to ones that over exaggerate feelings like Gundam Seed... :ph34r:

That's good to know ;)

#154 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostZeProme, on 08 May 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

"Air" as in Tori No Uta? The girl that says "gaaaoooo"? That's a good and saddening anime. I haven't watch that since 5+ years?

Yes. The dinosaur roaring "gao" girl. Indeed it is.

Death Note is one of the "must watch" animes. I confess the difference in endings for each of the versions is well worth watching them all.

Also, the suit squad 8 is indeed the most "realistic" out of all of them. The most team oriented too. Instead of radar they use a seismic scanning tank that supports the team. Has a very Front Mission 4 feel to it. FM 5, great as the improvements were, killed it by returning to the series' original "slide" skate roots.

I couldn't stomach Gundam Wing. It was the quality of the animation that put me off. It's hard to watch older animes. I had to push myself through Robotech several times. But once I saw the Marauder, I was like "...I guess I can stomach the rest." Story turned out to be decent, though a bit aloof. I can see where Star Trek Voyager got its idea from.

----------------

Oh hey. To everyone visiting... We always welcome everyone's screenshots. However because of the sheer number of screenshots per page, it is requested that you use [ spoiler ] and [ / spoiler ] without the spaces.

This is to make it easier for people to find the pictures, to scroll (otherwise it'd take FOREVER), and to freeze any animated gifs so they don't cost processing time on the computers viewing.

Not everyone has an awesome computer. Some browse forums from laptops. Let's keep the load light on people's experience here. Thanks.

Edited by Koniving, 08 May 2013 - 03:18 PM.

#155 ZeProme

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 562 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

I think I need to get some screenshots of my own as well. But I need a light mech at really high speeds to do it :/

Also needs a software to take SSs as MWO does not have that feature yet -_-'

#156 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

MSI Afterburner. Has picture taking goodness. It's what Lordred uses.

Fast mechs aren't necessary. Awesomes take good shots too. So do Catapults.

#157 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

Stragglers from yesterday

Posted Image
Posted Image

#158 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

Few from today.

Random people version #2

Spoiler

Edited by Lordred, 08 May 2013 - 11:11 PM.

#159 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:21 AM

That shot of the Catapult shrouded in explosion is awesome.

#160 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,594 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:59 AM

I promise,i dont shoot at you if i see your names in drop ;) .The explodin ilya is really cool.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users