The Lack Of Courtesy And Chat

108 replies to this topic

#81 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:02 AM

The most enervating discourtesy is writing nonsensical "gl hf gg" during, after, or before the match. People should actually bother and transcribe their ideas following all grammar rules.

#82 nitra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:38 AM

and oh yeah ... when you have people in chat asking if they can be your pee or poo freind . it really kills any desire to try and communicate something meaningful ..

#83 Training Instructor

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:54 AM

I prefer random comments to standardized ones.

BL/DIAF is nice, for example. Bad Luck, Die In A Fire.

MS, WP! I'm not going to tell you what that means, as it's a personal joke that would be offensive to most, but is highly amusing to me.

#84 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:56 AM

I usually suggest we all leave our mechs and have a snowman building competition to settle the fight in Frozen City.

Too bad that can't work. Would be worth it for the one time your mech comes stomping up and the enemy is all standing there outside their mechs waiting like nice, defenseless targets. :(

#85 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:06 AM

had one match where someone made some comment something like "ok kids don't get cocky."

the next couple of minutes were then spent spamming star wars quotes at each other until we got interupted by actually running into each other. stupid mech fighting interrupting quality star wars time.... :(

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 15 April 2013 - 01:56 AM, said:

I usually suggest we all leave our mechs and have a snowman building competition to settle the fight in Frozen City.

Too bad that can't work. Would be worth it for the one time your mech comes stomping up and the enemy is all standing there outside their mechs waiting like nice, defenseless targets. :(

nah some troll would run by with their flamemando and melt them all.

#86 Violent Tendencies

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:38 AM

If even a 10th of these "gl hf" idiots put the same effort to tactically communicate with their team DURING the match, this game would be so much better off.

#87 Lyrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 568 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:41 AM

View PostViolent Tendencies, on 15 April 2013 - 04:38 AM, said:

If even a 10th of these "gl hf" idiots put the same effort to tactically communicate with their team DURING the match, this game would be so much better off.

I don't communicate with people who are too lazy or too l33t to answer my "gl, hf".

#88 Violent Tendencies

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:48 AM

View PostLyrik, on 15 April 2013 - 04:41 AM, said:

I don't communicate with people who are too lazy or too l33t to answer my "gl, hf".

If you want rainbows and sunshine go play some other game. Maybe we need to start a movement where gl/hf dopes get an alpha to the face.

#89 Lyrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 568 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:53 AM

View PostViolent Tendencies, on 15 April 2013 - 04:48 AM, said:

If you want rainbows and sunshine go play some other game. Maybe we need to start a movement where gl/hf dopes get an alpha to the face.

:(

Troll or Kellerkind?

So, I have to be an asocial ******* just because I like to destroy the mechs of my enemy's? :(

#90 JuiceKeeper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 172 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:22 AM

i like to say GG or good fight when i had fun and game was really interesting on i had nice fight with somebody or even i dont mind saying nice shot if he/she cores me nicely :(.
But i definitly dont type it like mandatory on every game and so on. It just based on personal fun factor.
I find it funny when winning team roflstomping other one 8 to 0 say gg, its ok when loosing team had at least fun trying to survive and didnt kill anybody but they say gg but not the other way around thats little bit rude:P.

#91 Sheraf

• Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:36 AM

View PostJuiceKeeper, on 15 April 2013 - 05:22 AM, said:

i like to say GG or good fight when i had fun and game was really interesting on i had nice fight with somebody or even i dont mind saying nice shot if he/she cores me nicely ;).
But i definitly dont type it like mandatory on every game and so on. It just based on personal fun factor.
I find it funny when winning team roflstomping other one 8 to 0 say gg, its ok when loosing team had at least fun trying to survive and didnt kill anybody but they say gg but not the other way around thats little bit rude:P.

In some 8-0 match the losing team actually put out a good fight at the start, but then someone made mistake, and thing turns very bad, but it is a good fight nevertheless.

#92 JuiceKeeper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 172 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

yep thats what i ment. in the end it doesnt matter who wins but if u had fun ingame Even if its for minute from 15 mins match, but if that fight was really intense and close, or just more strategic count me like a happy person.

#93 Jamal Konenakki

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

I only use the chat to shout abuse and watch people get angry. It's even funnier when I have actually failed horribly myself but they still take the bait.

#94 Misoski

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationBeNeLux

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

I reply to typings ;)

But I have less free time than I used to have so am playing less =(

#95 jtyotJOTJIPAEFVJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

View PostJamal Konenakki, on 15 April 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

I only use the chat to shout abuse and watch people get angry. It's even funnier when I have actually failed horribly myself but they still take the bait.

I find the current state of the in game chat to be a disgrace. It should be removed until such a time that people learn to respect each other. One of the biggest gripes I have about this game are the 13-year olds who can't play the game properly and instead resort to insulting other people.

#96 Target Rich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

Geeze...get over it... This is a game for a built in TEAM CHAT...just like Chromehounds and the XBOX...On that venue...you could talk to both your team and the whole match...

Frankly...I do not waste time typing...because the da mn keyboard is mapped to the fricking game and is so complex I have other things I am focusing upon...

#97 RiceyFighter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 608 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

I rather be silent than complaining about pugs inability to pilot in terms of " GO UNINSTALL YOUR GAME " or " Your piloting is bad, you should feel bad "

#98 Nightcrept

• 1,050 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

I generally type something nonsensical or funny.

For instance.

Is it considered a dwi if your driving a giant stompy robot.

I shouldn't have eaten mexican last night is there an exhaust switch in here?

Man atlai have a sexy waddle. Etc etc etc.

#99 DeeSaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 284 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:03 AM

View PostViolent Tendencies, on 15 April 2013 - 04:38 AM, said:

The only way to make your post more sad would be if you liked it yourself...oh...wait...

#100 Draco Harkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationIn the good part of Battletech, the tabletop.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

I see most answers here and my mind and soul is bleeding. Pointless to be cordial and respectfull? Uau, i mean uau, when i write something i mean it and i always write something, might it be a cordial lore challenge to steiners or Dracs (which most people that use faction symbols dont even know the meaning, another source of sadness) when i actually see a reply in also cordial challenge it brightens my day and reminds me of a better community from other times.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users